ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness 2023

If I'm not mistaken, FDU is perhaps the smallest team in the tourney while Purdue had one one of the biggest in the tourney.

Reactions: fsu939913
Sure, there were some shocking and surprise results early, such as Arizona washing out to a 15 seed.......but you know what? None of those games surprised me more than Mizzou winning.

Over the course of Mizzou's history in the SEC, in multiple sports, the one common trend that I've seen is to expect Mizzou to lose when it's time to represent the conference against other teams in different conferences.

Reactions: gatordad3
As a graduate of IU, watching Purdue get humiliated is one of life’s true pleasures.
sadgator doesn’t give a sh!t about and never thinks about Purdue.

That being said, they have to be one of the most boring, lame, uninspiring, crummy, unsuccessful athletic programs in the entire history of intercollegiate athletics.

It would suck SO bad to be a fan of that school.

Intriguing matchup between two schools that has FU in their initials, Florida Atlantic and Fairleigh Dickinson.

sadgator doesn’t give a sh!t about and never thinks about Purdue.

That being said, they have to be one of the most boring, lame, uninspiring, crummy, unsuccessful athletic programs in the entire history of intercollegiate athletics.

It would suck SO bad to be a fan of that school.
I grew up in Indiana. You just have to deal with them sometimes. But you’re right. There was a joke way back in the 90s and probably before that the Purdue basketball highlight reel was just guys shooting free throws. And their fans are pretty miserable. I will say they have a hell of an engineering program, but yeah it would suck to be a fan. It would really rub it in if Indiana made the final four.

Reactions: sadgator
At Purdue, I sure miss the Gene Keady era.
And that dude always seemed like a very unhappy sumbitch (probably cause he was stuck at Purdue)…

6047913.jpg

I mean, drew Brees went to Purdue.

So there's that.
So did Glenn “Big Dog” Robinson. #1 pick in the NBA draft. Played under Keady.

That’s about all I got.

In all honesty Matt Painter is probably a very good coach to be doing what he is doing at Purdue because to your point Purdue has never really consistently been any good in any sport that I’m aware of.

Reactions: gatordad3

That’s about all I got.

In all honesty Matt Painter is probably a very good coach to be doing what he is doing at Purdue because to your point Purdue has never really consistently been any good in any sport that I’m aware of.
I’m sure that eady guy will go #1 also. I’m not sure why a guy like that would want to go to Purdue, but hopefully their continued lack of success will teach other guys a lesson. If you want a degree in engineering, yeah, go to Purdue. If you want to play on a mediocre, underperforming program at a depressing campus with some of the worst weather on earth, then PU is perfect for you. Matt painter is a very good coach. Why he hasn’t left to go to a school that can actually win titles is a mystery. They have always been a slightly more serious northwestern.

The 2 Purdue BB players I remember most are Joe Barry Carrol and Rick Mount. Mount was a dynamic shooter in the late 60's who led Purdue to the national title game where they lost to Lew Alcindor and UCLA. Carro0ll came along a decade later and was one of the best big men ever to play in the Big 10 and his team made the Final 4 as well. I liked Gene Keady's teams. They were always tough.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Also from Purdue was the legendary Joe Barry Carroll. Golden State thought so highly of him that they made a trade with the Celtics to move up to the top spot in the draft to get him. They didn’t give up much - just their starting center (Robert Parrish) and their own 1st round pick (#3), with which Boston drafted some guy named McHale.

Good trade.

Reactions: PacoGator19
He was a beast today. Love that guy. He has Gator blood in him. It’s awesome that he has found a home and such a great situation. Hope they win the whole thing.
In all honesty he struggled today. He did hit that big 3 but he was under his season average in every statistical category today. He didn’t shoot well and only got 4 rebounds. Nowell carried KState today. With that being said I will root for KJ to have a successful tournament

That’s about all I got.

Also from Purdue was the legendary Joe Barry Carroll. Golden State thought so highly of him that they made a trade with the Celtics to move up to the top spot in the draft to get him. They didn’t give up much - just their starting center (Robert Parrish) and their own 1st round pick (#3), with which Boston drafted some guy named McHale.

Good trade.
Over in football, wasn’t Bob Griese from Purdue? Seems he’s known for something.

Reactions: SeaPA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT