ADVERTISEMENT

LSU shopping around for Oeux

Why on earth would you leave an established gig in the winnable ACC where you have a shot every year...just to make a move to the SEC west? That makes no sense. If Fisher stays at FSU, he is all but guaranteed to have multiple National Championship opportunities (and likely wins) to come over the course of his tenure...at LSU...not so much.

And they don't even have a circus tent over at LSU...

Why on earth would you leave an established gig in the winnable ACC where you have a shot every year...just to make a move to the SEC west? That makes no sense. If Fisher stays at FSU, he is all but guaranteed to have multiple National Championship opportunities (and likely wins) to come over the course of his tenure...at LSU...not so much.

And they don't even have a circus tent over at LSU...

Many coaches at that level want to play in the best conference.

Let's be honest...the ACC is not the SEC when it comes to college football.

I'd like to see Jimbo at LSU. The SEC is a coaches conference.

If Jimbo goes I would hire Kiffin in a heartbeat and tell him to bring Ogeron along.

Many coaches at that level want to play in the best conference.

Let's be honest...the ACC is not the SEC when it comes to college football.

I'd like to see Jimbo at LSU. The SEC is a coaches conference.

It used to be. Now it's just Saban's conference. It's starting to look like the 90's again with mediocre coaches at major schools.

Reactions: Dr. Nole
It used to be. Now it's just Saban's conference. It's starting to look like the 90's again with mediocre coaches at major schools.
3 different SEC schools won titles in the 90's and a 4th went unbeaten and was the best team in the country.....so what are you talking about?

3 different SEC schools won titles in the 90's and a 4th went unbeaten and was the best team in the country.....so what are you talking about?

LSU was terrible, UGA was terrible. Bama after Stallings retired was bad. It was an upset any time that UF lost pretty much. And LOL at believing tater tot's Aubie team was the best in 93.

You did not answer the question hardliner. He pointed out that three different SEC teams won the national title in the 90s. He wondered how that fact supported your claim. You chose to throw up a straw man concerning UGA and LSU.

Last edited:
LSU was terrible, UGA was terrible. Bama after Stallings retired was bad. It was an upset any time that UF lost pretty much. And LOL at believing tater tot's Aubie team was the best in 93.
Bama was bad? In the 90's they had 6 seasons with 10 or more wins.....I guess Tennessee sucked too....Again, 4 different teams in a 10 year decade, and you call the conference average?

What is the obsession with Jimbo? Like all the other Saban off-shoots, 2-3 loss per year ceiling. He hit the jackpot and recruited Winston. Minus those two years he is a clone of the other Saban-ites

What is the obsession with Jimbo? Like all the other Saban off-shoots, 2-3 loss per year ceiling. He hit the jackpot and recruited Winston. Minus those two years he is a clone of the other Saban-ites

I've been waiting for this post.

Wait no longer. And please tell me where I am wrong?

I have the same opinion of Jimbo.

I also believe that defensive minded coaches, regardless of who's "-ite" they are, have little chance to have prolonged success in today's college football.

Mac though, coached at 5 different schools and one NFL team in 22 years before arriving at Alabama for a 4 years stint. Since then, he spent 3 years at CSU and now 2 years here.

That means he worked under Saban for a total of 4 years out of his 31 years of coaching.

That's a bit different than Muschamp, who spent 5 of his first 11 years with Saban, and Smart, who served 11 of his 17 years in coaching with Saban, before arriving at UGA.

Even Jimbo spent more time under Saban than Mac did.

As for Nuss, the supposed ultimate Sabanite, spent a whopping 2 years under Saban, the same amount of time now under Mac...even more so if you can't their three year stint together at post-Saban Michigan State.

So, my point being, not all things are equal.

Reactions: sadgator
Because he is an elite recruiter with an elite eye for talent. Even as an above average game day guy, he has a puncher's chance every year. Not many coaches fit in to that category. Les Miles is not as good on gameday as Jimbo and he fit in to the same category until Saban came along. If you acquire players like those two can reel in, you always have a chance.

Last edited:
You did not answer the question hardliner. He pointed out that three different SEC teams won the national title in the 90s. He wondered how that fact supported your claim. You chose to throw up a straw man concerning UGA and LSU.

Don't you think you're on pretty shaky ground continuing with your argument police bit, given that your own arguments are routinely based on "facts" of your own invention?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT