ADVERTISEMENT

Florida @ LSU...

Hopefully, this is the bottoming out of the defense since Muschamp left. Not only was it the most yards ever given up by a Gators defense but it was also the only defense of any team in FBS history to allow a QB 350+ passing yards and 200+ rushing yards. Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully it's the bottom but I'm not certain.

Last edited:
I guess the thing to do is be like Michigan did w Harbaugh, stick w Billy and just accept it’s gonna take 4-5 years. It stinks but I don’t know what else would be better. Restart w a new guy and that’ll take the same amount of time.

What do you see changing? Will he hire an OC? An on-field ST coach? The class has begun to fall apart. We have the toughest schedulein the nation. What is “sticking with Billy” going to do? I realize he took a team to 3 straight NFC title games and a Super Bowl like Harbaugh, but what other similarities do you see? Just 4 years will turn Billy into Harbaugh?

if there is a guarantee we get an elite d1 big time coach. If there is a deal right now being made behind the scenes. Yes you pull the trigger. If we are just going to fire the guy and start a search w no one in mind… that isn’t an improvement.

I guess the thing to do is be like Michigan did w Harbaugh, stick w Billy and just accept it’s gonna take 4-5 years. It stinks but I don’t know what else would be better. Restart w a new guy and that’ll take the same amount of time.
Honestly, I don't know what do to or where to go for a coach. All of them suck, and the ones that don't, are taken. What you don't want is a coach that is too arrogant to hire a special teams coach or offensive coordinator to let you be the general that you should be. I'm tired of sunshine pumpers like Billy and ole Yeller Toofs. A few years ago I thought Kerwin Bell might be a good choice but I'm no longer sure about that either, something happened to him, he disappeared, maybe burnout and he's never been on the big stage as a coach. I just don't know anymore. We deserve better than that bunch of pansies in secondary for sure, that much I know.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
Hopefully, this is the bottoming out of the defense since Muschamp left. Not only was it the most yards ever given up by a Gators defense but it was also the only defense of any team in FBS history to allow a QB 300+ passing yards and 200+ rushing yards. Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully it's the bottom but I'm not certain.

Unbelievable...

Muschamp was a bad hire from day one.
Mcelwain was a complete joke of a hire.
Mullen I can’t believe failed like he did. I’m still scratching my head on how it fell apart so quick.
If there is a name and is a homerun hire yes go get it. I just don’t see who that is. I agree Billy needs to take a look in the mirror and make changes.

Reactions: NavigatorII
So I suppose sub .500 again this year and probably next year, due to hardest schedule in nation, for three years in a row for Billy boy.

FSU and Mizzou stuck w the guys and it’s paying off. I guess I’m hoping 2025 we see it start to pay off. I’ve already conceded 2024 w that schedule as a make a bowl game hopefully.

FSU and Mizzou stuck w the guys and it’s paying off. I guess I’m hoping 2025 we see it start to pay off. I’ve already conceded 2024 w that schedule as a make a bowl game hopefully.

He gets 2024 but 6-6 and you have to fire him. Hopefully this class doesn't fall apart.

Reactions: emekz1
What do you see changing? Will he hire an OC? An on-field ST coach? The class has begun to fall apart. We have the toughest schedulein the nation. What is “sticking with Billy” going to do? I realize he took a team to 3 straight NFC title games and a Super Bowl like Harbaugh, but what other similarities do you see? Just 4 years will turn Billy into Harbaugh?
Michi do you have any confidence in Strickland to make a good hire? You need to stick with Napier and try and hold the recruiting class together.

Muschamp was a bad hire from day one.
Mcelwain was a complete joke of a hire.
Mullen I can’t believe failed like he did. I’m still scratching my head on how it fell apart so quick.
If there is a name and is a homerun hire yes go get it. I just don’t see who that is. I agree Billy needs to take a look in the mirror and make changes.
Mullen's ego was bigger than his ability to be Captain of the entire ship. He allowed that POS Grantham to hang on and that was Cousin Eddy's swan song. He lived and died with it. Woke Cousin Eddy let a misgiven relationship interfere with the business of winning football games and letting down Gator Nation.

Reactions: gatordad3
It’s awful and it’s gonna get worse the next two weeks. But I don’t see a guarantee hire that makes it better. We just have to stick w Billy and hope he recruits and hope the transfer portal is a friend. It is not fun and it hasn’t been fun for a while.
Mizzou doesn't have the lsu offensive firepower, but they are way way better on D. Next week we most likely lose 27-10 type of score.

It’s awful and it’s gonna get worse the next two weeks. But I don’t see a guarantee hire that makes it better. We just have to stick w Billy and hope he recruits and hope the transfer portal is a friend. It is not fun and it hasn’t been fun for a while.

I wish we could go back in time and would have got Oregons current coach.

Reactions: Razorback_Nole
Michigan also has a much easier schedule week in and week out. Two tough games a year in that conference and Division. The big 10 west is like junior high league.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
I don't know one soul out there that is worth a tinker's damn. I don't hate Billy but he better get his shit together and start being a CEO and hire a good staff. The defense is as bad as I can ever remember it, and I started being a Gator fan and watched Spurrier play QB. So that's a long history of reference.

Michi do you have any confidence in Strickland to make a good hire? You need to stick with Napier and try and hold the recruiting class together.

Why? So we can still have no OC or on-field ST coach? So we can be down 10 with 4 minutes to go and run 3 straight plays? Like I said, at this point, I honestly don’t care, appease the people who think this recruiting class is saving us. Never-mind Kirby and Norvell both have better classes than us. Give him a year, 5 years, it doesn’t matter, we are in a 14 year cycle of hell, whats another 3-4 years.

Why? So we can still have no OC or on-field ST coach? So we can be down 10 with 4 minutes to go and run 3 straight plays? Like I said, at this point, I honestly don’t care, appease the people who think this recruiting class is saving us. Never-mind Kirby and Norvell both have better classes than us. Give him a year, 5 years, it doesn’t matter, we are in a 14 year cycle of hell, whats another 3-4 years.
Again, do you think Strickland is capable of making a good hire? He's 0 for 2 right now.

Again, do you think Strickland is capable of making a good hire? He's 0 for 2 right now.

Do you think it could be worse? UF has been trying to be the “smartest guy in the room” for far too long, going back to Foley. What is wrong with Lane? We might not win a title? But we would be 9-3 or 10-2. Instead we go get McElwain or SunBelt Billy because they are the “next big thing”.

And lets hold a receuiting clas togehter. We brought back Meyer for that reason in 2010 and we see how that worked out.

And we lost a recruit to Auburn today and had a handful of “comitted” kids at F$U today.

If the class falls apart is Billy still your boy?

Reactions: Razorback_Nole
I know Mullen left a weak roster but Napier is going to be the only coach in over 50 years at UF not to have a winning record in either of his first 2 seasons.
Urban's mental breakdowns left UF's cupboard bare, but even Muschamp was better than this. CFB has certainly changed and not for the better, this portal crap is an abomination, but can be a savior overnight with the right guidance. It should not take 10 years to turn a program around anymore like it used to. I almost don't care anymore. It's become NFL Jr.

Do you think it could be worse? UF has been trying to be the “smartest guy in the room” for far too long, going back to Foley. What is wrong with Lane? We might not win a title? But we would be 9-3 or 10-2. Instead we go get McElwain or SunBelt Billy because they are the “next big thing”.

And lets hold a receuiting clas togehter. We brought back Meyer for that reason in 2010 and we see how that worked out.

And we lost a recruit to Auburn today and had a handful of “comitted” kids at F$U today.

If the class falls apart is Billy still your boy?
Billy's not my boy. My points are simple. UF can't keep running through coaches every 2-3 years. Second, I think Strickland is a horrible AD. I promise you he would not hire anyone any better. I think we should fire Strickland first, then go hire a new head coach. As to the recruiting class, I feel confident it would mostly hold together with Billy...fire him and it will fall apart, and you see that the current talent level is not good.

Billy's not my boy. My points are simple. UF can't keep running through coaches every 2-3 years. Second, I think Strickland is a horrible AD. I promise you he would not hire anyone any better. I think we should fire Strickland first, then go hire a new head coach. As to the recruiting class, I feel confident it would mostly hold together with Billy...fire him and it will fall apart, and you see that the current talent level is not good.

Yep give him year 3 but force an OC and get some proven help in the portal especially for the O line.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT