ADVERTISEMENT

Florida @ LSU...

Our Dline is awful. The fact that #21 gets significant playing time is all you need to know. He's a D2 level player. Gators will need to gamble on D and just send all out blitzes every play.

Our Dline is awful. The fact that #21 gets significant playing time is all you need to know. He's a D2 level player. Gators will need to gamble on D and just send all out blitzes every play.
I see things differently. Our D line is our last line of defense. No sack, no tackle there, it's off to the races. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Nicktheslick
No path to a win. Home cooking and a defensive secondary that can neither cover nor tackle my grandmother. And she's dead.

Refs are having a rough game. A targeting call that wasn’t (in our favor) then completed pass overturned that no one could possibly have seen it hit the ground gets overturned.
IIRC, the rule states when you lead with the crown of your helmet, that is targeting whether contact was made or not.

IIRC, the rule states when you lead with the crown of your helmet, that is targeting whether contact was made or not.
Even if the moron misses and ends up with a facemask full of turf instead? EVERY running back lowers his head. 😂 I'm sorry, these pansies need to be booted out of making football rules.😂

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
You know the interesting thing is that there are some posters on here that will bitch about Mertz at QB and completely ignore that our defense is maybe the worst I've ever seen. Our guys are not even trying on D.
Insta is not in the house. We'll have to wait until tomorrow. This ain't Mertz's fault.

Do we have a women's yoga team? Maybe we can get few of them to play two sports, and try out for secondary this spring. We can't do any worse. :mad:

Reactions: gatorRAD
Mertz threw that behind Wilson.
If you can get your hands on it, you should catch it. This ain't Pop Warner. Had it been behind him and needed more yards to get a first down, that would be on Mertz. He was way beyond the sticks, number one priority is to secure the ball. It was not a horrible pass. He had it and didn't secure it. But no matter. This defensive backfield sucks so bad we couldn't win this game anyway, no matter how many times we score, they'll just score more. We proved that last week. The entire secondary needs to be gutted and replaced with raw freshmen next year. Experienced bagholders are no better than unproven freshmen.

The offense played well enough to win. The defense was putrid. Gave up the most yards EVER in Gator football history. Jaydon Daniels is a special talent, but we've played against better players and better teams than this one and never looked that bad on defense. Missouri will probably do the same to us - plus Missouri has a better defense than LSU.

I am over the stupid narrative

Fan: “what can Billy D do, our defense sucks and lacks talent”

Same fan: “who cares if a 4* DL de committed and went to Auburn. We didn’t need him anyway.”

I am just over it all, some day down the road we will eventually hire the right coach and maybe win again. Until then its just “meh”, I honestly don’t even have the energy to get worked up anymore. We have been so bad and not had a decent coach since 2009. At this point it is what it is.

Reactions: Razorback_Nole
I am over the stupid narrative

Fan: “what can Billy D do, our defense sucks and lacks talent”

Same fan: “who cares if a 4* DL de committed and went to Auburn. We didn’t need him anyway.”

I am just over it all, some day down the road we will eventually hire the right coach and maybe win again. Until then its just “meh”, I honestly don’t even have the energy to get worked up anymore. We have been so bad and not had a decent coach since 2009. At this point it is what it is.
Yep. Poor coaching hires.

I guess the thing to do is be like Michigan did w Harbaugh, stick w Billy and just accept it’s gonna take 4-5 years. It stinks but I don’t know what else would be better. Restart w a new guy and that’ll take the same amount of time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT