ADVERTISEMENT

Florida @ LSU...

Billy's not my boy. My points are simple. UF can't keep running through coaches every 2-3 years. Second, I think Strickland is a horrible AD. I promise you he would not hire anyone any better. I think we should fire Strickland first, then go hire a new head coach. As to the recruiting class, I feel confident it would mostly hold together with Billy...fire him and it will fall apart, and you see that the current talent level is not good.

Like I said, keep him 10 years, I am done caring. We are bad and will remain bad for the foreseeable future. It makes no difference.

But you have watched him coach. You have seen he is a terrible OC. You have watched us botch ST because we have no coach. Billy wouldn’t win at UGA, OSU, MeatChicken or Bama. But you think his recruiting will change things? Do you watch games and say “damn, this is great in game coaching if only we had talent”?

Again, keep him as long as you want, but nothing is changing. He is not a CEO. His IQ is below the baseline. He is stubborn. But by all means, go all in on having the #5 class with 3 rivals above us. That will change it all, right?

Like I said, keep him 10 years, I am done caring. We are bad and will remain bad for the foreseeable future. It makes no difference.

But you have watched him coach. You have seen he is a terrible OC. You have watched us botch ST because we have no coach. Billy wouldn’t win at UGA, OSU, MeatChicken or Bama. But you think his recruiting will change things? Do you watch games and say “damn, this is great in game coaching if only we had talent”?

Again, keep him as long as you want, but nothing is changing. He is not a CEO. His IQ is below the baseline. He is stubborn. But by all means, go all in on having the #5 class with 3 rivals above us. That will change it all, right?
No, Florida won't win with Billy at the helm. However, I completely agree with a few posters on here that have said let him get the talent level up, then bring in someone. Bringing in a new coach now would most likely get us another 2 years of frustration. I have less confidence in Strickland than I do Billy and we will be hiring another new coach in 2 years.

Yep give him year 3 but force an OC and get some proven help in the portal especially for the O line.
Hopefully he won't be as hard headed as Cousin Eddie. The offense would be explosive with a line that could actually pass block for 3 seconds. They actually overachieve they way they are built. They run block great at times, our offensive backs are as good as any out there. The defensive line doesn't suck, and at times they really shine. Our weaknesses are pass blocking, special teams, and scrub EVERY one of the secondary pretenders who are pretending to pose as CFB starters. They don't even pretend to cover anyone and lord forbid them making an open field tackle. Like I said, 80% of this team plays their guts out, and the other 20% is along for the free ride. They disgust me, they don't even try. It shows, and I feel horrible for the 80% who gives their all.

Muschamp was a bad hire from day one.
Mcelwain was a complete joke of a hire.
Mullen I can’t believe failed like he did. I’m still scratching my head on how it fell apart so quick.
If there is a name and is a homerun hire yes go get it. I just don’t see who that is. I agree Billy needs to take a look in the mirror and make changes.
Some coaches look better by the players, more than coaching. When Mullen was here around the time of the 2005-2008...let's look at a few playmakers.

Chris Leak? He was pulled into the fold because of Ron Zook. In fact, he even said as much when he announced he chose to go to UF.

Riley Cooper and Tim Tebow? Heavily influenced by Urban Meyer coming out personally in home visits.

There's so much more to name....but out of all the names to be listed....I do not recall a single person talking about Mullen making much effort to recruit them. It was either Zook, Meyer, or Billy Gonzalez.

At Miss State, they flourished because of Daz Prescott. A lightning in a bottle that could be attributed tp Mullen. However even Miss State articles online at that time weren't happy with Mullin's repetitive game plans and how predictable the play calling had become.

Reactions: NavigatorII
Some coaches look better by the players, more than coaching. When Mullen was here around the time of the 2005-2008...let's look at a few playmakers.

Chris Leak? He was pulled into the fold because of Ron Zook. In fact, he even said as much when he announced he chose to go to UF.

Riley Cooper and Tim Tebow? Heavily influenced by Urban Meyer coming out personally in home visits.

There's so much more to name....but out if all the names to be listed....I do not recall a single person talking about Mullen making much effort to recruit them. It was either Zook, Meyer, or Billy Gonzalez.

At Miss State, they flourished because of Daz Prescott. A lightning in a bottle that could be attributed tp Mullen. However even Miss State articles online at that time weren't happy with Mullin's repetitive game plans and how predictable the play calling had become.
Mullen had a habit of always going to the same well too many times. His scripted 20 plays to start the game were actually really good. After that, he went brain dead. That's true of a lot of coaches, like Billy. When Mullen's creativity went brain dead, he resorted to running Tebow off right guard right up the middle. That almost costed UF another Natty.

We've had so many weak ass skinny don't care attitude players on defense for years now since the last of Muschamp's defense recruits matriculated. Different head coaches, different defense coordinators, same weak ass skinny don't care attitude players on defense every year.

We've had so many weak ass skinny don't care attitude players on defense for years now since the last of Muschamp's defense recruits matriculated. Different head coaches, different defense coordinators, same weak ass skinny don't care attitude players on defense every year.

Muschamp was not a bad hire per se. He was a huge name at the time. He had two flaws in my opinion.

1. If you are going to come into the House that Spurrier built and try to win 6-3. You better win

2. How do you want a run and control the clock offense but when you are fired you only had 6 scholarship OL. How is that even possible?

I am over the stupid narrative

Fan: “what can Billy D do, our defense sucks and lacks talent”
Lol…you mentioned the Billy that is actually competent…

The Billy now doesn’t really deserve the right to be called a Florida coaching “Billy.” He should just be referred to as “William N,” or “Bill,” or “Bumpkin.”

He really is a nice man…

sadgator genuinely feels bad for him and his family given the amount of criticism and heat he is about to endure…

He is human and trying to do his best. It is sad.

The next two weeks are gonna be brutal for everyone associated with Florida football.
All these things can be said about Mark Richt.

Except he was good for ten wins a season.

He really is a nice man…

sadgator genuinely feels bad for him and his family given the amount of criticism and heat he is about to endure…

He is human and trying to do his best. It is sad.

The next two weeks are gonna be brutal for everyone associated with Florida football.
It's going to get even uglier. And recruits start dropping then look out...

No, Florida won't win with Billy at the helm. However, I completely agree with a few posters on here that have said let him get the talent level up, then bring in someone. Bringing in a new coach now would most likely get us another 2 years of frustration. I have less confidence in Strickland than I do Billy and we will be hiring another new coach in 2 years.

This isn’t aging well.

Lost 3 recruits in 3 days. The “talent” people said we have to keep Billy for is diminishing quickly
So much noise in the program thanks mostly to a bunch of whinny spoiled fans on social media who mostly don't understand football that our rivals are telling recruits that Nappy head will be fired. Buttertooth went 10-4 and 9-4 with 2 east titles but boom...Hell Mullen went 10-3 and 11-2 and he didn't survive either. It's a great strategy.

So much noise in the program thanks mostly to a bunch of whinny spoiled fans on social media who mostly don't understand football that our rivals are telling recruits that Nappy head will be fired. Buttertooth went 10-4 and 9-4 with 2 east titles but boom...Hell Mullen went 10-3 and 11-2 and he didn't survive either. It's a great strategy.

Yet with all the numbers you posted you want to keep Billy at 6-7 and 5-7. If those guys records weren’t acceptable how is this trash suddenly acceptable.

No way he survives that schedule next year so what are we waiting for?

Yet with all the numbers you posted you want to keep Billy at 6-7 and 5-7. If those guys records weren’t acceptable how is this trash suddenly acceptable.

No way he survives that schedule next year so what are we waiting for?
Who is going to want to come here and coach? Remember that Buttertooth wasn't first choice, Mullen wasn't first choice, and neither was Nappy head. So you keep firing guys then we get to look like the goofy ass that keeps getting turned down for the prom. Which we have...I don't think Napier is the answer. But I also know that factually what we've been doing since Urban left is not the answer. So what happens is you end up taking a chance on someone since you are left standing at the altar. So again, who do we go and get?

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT