ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk recruiting LOL

Nah, I get a woody after stomping the Gators so I've been hard for 2 years now
FSU had more 2 game winning streaks vs Florida for the past 30 years. Only difference? At least they act like they've done it before. And Georgia?

Desegregation happened in the mid 1950's. Miami won it's first championship in 1983, FSU in 1993, and Florida in 1996. Not sure your comment holds water.

The first African American football player in the SEC wasn't until 1967. Leonard George was the first African American at UF in 1968. Ronnie Houge at UGA in 1970. Ray Bellemy at Miami in 1968. Calvin Patterson at FSU in 1967.

Don Gaffney was born in the era you mentioned. He didn't play until 1973. Nearly all of the first African Americans to play in the SEC were born in the era you mentioned.

It took more than 4-5 years to get more than 4-5 African Americans on a roster. The entire south and especially the state of Florida benefitted from this. It's why the Florida schools benefitted and won a combined 11 titles 16 years after it was accepted to allow African American players to play. Allowing the best of both races to play together benefitted and still benefits the south.

Being "allowed" to play and actually getting recruited and signed to play are two different things.

Last edited:
I’m guessing most of you won’t bet real money on your team against our regional program. I have several gator friends that chirp like you all on here until I try to throw down a significant bet on the cocktail party...then crickets

And no, I’m not attempting to bet a group of strangers on a message board. Just sharing what I’ve observed from the UF crowd.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
You mean a program that hasn’t won a title in 40 years? That program?
You know, winning a title 10 years ago doesn’t mean anything about where you are now. The kids being recruited today were 8 years old and have no memory of it. They were just starting pee wee ball. These kids only know what is happening today. So really there are only two true national powers and a handful of second tier teams that want to take their place. Having won a title, in a time frame you select doesnt place you in an elite club for all time. Are either if our programs elite today? No.

I’m guessing most of you won’t bet real money on your team against our regional program. I have several gator friends that chirp like you all on here until I try to throw down a significant bet on the cocktail party...then crickets

And no, I’m not attempting to bet a group of strangers on a message board. Just sharing what I’ve observed from the UF crowd.
I've bet
Have you put money down on UGA's national championship?

You know, winning a title 10 years ago doesn’t mean anything about where you are now. The kids being recruited today were 8 years old and have no memory of it. They were just starting pee wee ball. These kids only know what is happening today. So really there are only two true national powers and a handful of second tier teams that want to take their place. Having won a title, in a time frame you select doesnt place you in an elite club for all time. Are either if our programs elite today? No.

You know most of this talk was stirred up by Winnebago and his chest poking out about being awarded the Atlanta Journal 1940 whatever White Pride Leather Helmet National Championship.

But we throw it back at him and leave it to a dawg to nitpick a Gator response and get all righteous and all.

Reactions: gatordad3
You know most of this talk was stirred up by Winnebago and his chest poking out about being awarded the Atlanta Journal 1940 whatever White Pride Leather Helmet National Championship.

But we throw it back at him and leave it to a dawg to nitpick a Gator response and get all righteous and all.
Have at it with him. Just keeping it real. Agreeing with me, and I know you do, isn’t going to change what you want to do.

Yeah, and they've got the 'Recuiting Natl. Championship Trophy' on the shelf to prove it... :D

Gwenyth, you make it hard to not like you.

He's on INCREDIBLY good behavior here. Hell I could have gotten along with this version of him. Wish he could actually be this person instead of doing it for the silly reason of trying to get a dig in on a guy that he e-stalked over here.

He's on INCREDIBLY good behavior here. Hell I could have gotten along with this version of him. Wish he could actually be this person instead of doing it for the silly reason of trying to get a dig in on a guy that he e-stalked over here.
It’s always about you. That’s hasnt changed. Run on back to the Trump board where you were when I got here. And I was on here pretty regularly years ago. Don’t remember seeing you. None of them wanting to join you in your abandoned house has really taken a toll on your psyche.

It’s always about you. That’s hasnt changed. Run on back to the Trump board where you were when I got here. And I was on here pretty regularly years ago. Don’t remember seeing you. None of them wanting to join you in your abandoned house has really taken a toll on your psyche.
You guys take this lovers quarrel somewhere else. The Miami Ohio Board or Mexico Preps ban the both of y'all? :p

Reactions: instaGATOR

Hahaha Simple Jax strikes again. “Heh, I’m tougher than all you sons a bitches. I won’t fight any of you but I know I’m tougher..”

She doesn’t like insecure men. Assuming you are a man.

Tell me, what’s it like to brag about how smart you are on a college football message board?
Look, if you want my come back you’re going to have to scrape it off your mom’s teeth.

So you are implying that Richt and Kirby are the same and will have the same careers due to similar records at this point?

That logic is mind-numbingly simplistic and dumb, you realize that right?

Nooooo, what we are saying is stop guaranteeing your dominance, it's already been shown that a coach can do exactly the same thing as Shart has done to this point at UGa and then slowly fade away.

She doesn’t like insecure men. Assuming you are a man.

Tell me, what’s it like to brag about how smart you are on a college football message board?

You'll never know. Heck, you couldn't brag about your intelligence at an ARC.

LOL at UGA ? you are going to be lucky to field a team at all this year... you cant close anyone worth a damn...

see ya in Jacksonville ... Go DAWGS!!!

Whipping your ass always feels pretty good, it's going to have that little extra spice this year, though, knowing how many of you are going to be crushed when it happens.

Notice I didn't say "if".

Don't forget the officiating.
tenor.gif

Congrats? Lol. Not something I would brag about. “Yay we have more wins because we started first! Yippee!.”
Nooooo! “Yippee” because with the exception of the Spurrier years you have had no success in the history of College Football unless you want to count the morally and ethically challenged years of the Meyer era. Thank God most decent Gators reject Meyer and his band of criminality!

I'm more than likely worth more than you and your family combined, so make your jokes and my husband is a Gator, pick on him all you want. We chose to go with a triple wide modular rather than a site built because it needed to be elevated so the lake doesn't flood it. He wanted our back deck to be over the water with a walk down(stairs) peer extending to another deck on the water. He makes great money and I stay at home, but still make $98,000.00 myself annually working from home. People who poke fun of others because of their financial worth are lower than anything on this Earth. I'd rather be homeless than to be them.

Whatever trash poster.

I didn't say they're elite. We came out flat and they beat us. Same way with LSU. Same way UF vs UK, Missery, and UGA. The great news is, UF isn't Texas and we've tapped that Gator ass two years in a row and counting. You can take pride in other teams beating us, because that's what losers do.

And I suppose winners claim to be a powerhouse team after losing 3 games? After proclaiming other 3 loss teams losers and irrelevant? Dumb trash posters gonna dumb trash post I guess.

Reactions: PacoGator19
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT