Logan Stenberg-LG
Landon Young-LT
Darin Kinnard-RT
Drake Jackson-C
Quinton Bohanna-NG
Josh Paschal-OLB
Max Duffy-Punter

Ahmad Wagner-Flagganator

This has never happened in the last 30 years. Still tilted in UF Favor, but getting closer to 50/50
I am thinking there are a few more that would start at Florida. But I feel our punter is better. He's on the Ray Guy watch list. No doubt the gap has closed. A combo of Stoops adding talent and Florida backing up over the past few years.

I am thinking there are a few more that would start at Florida. But I feel our punter is better. He's on the Ray Guy watch list. No doubt the gap has closed. A combo of Stoops adding talent and Florida backing up over the past few years.
You think your punter is better than Max Duffy? Doubtful. Max is also on the Ray Guy watch list...He is an absolute weapon.

UK Starters that would likely start for UF:

Lynn Bowden-WR/PR (Swain Sr)
Logan Stenberg-LG (Heggie rsJr)
Landon Young-LT (Forsythe rsJr)
Darin Kinnard-RT (Delance rsJr)
Drake Jackson-C (Buchanan Sr)
Quinton Bohanna-NG (Campbell Jr)
Josh Paschal-OLB (Miller rsSo)
Max Duffy-Punter (Townsend Sr)

Ahmad Wagner-Flagganator

This has never happened in the last 30 years. Still tilted in UF Favor, but getting closer to 50/50

The scUM had the #4 defense in 2018 with their DL & Sr LB'ers being the strength of their team for 2019.

The Gator's 4 new starters on the 2019 OL gave up 1 sack to them.
UF's center gave up zero sacks in 2018, so no your guy wouldn't start at UF.
Your punter would also not start over Townsend. 45+ ave. and he ran a fake punt for a 1st down vs scUM.

Your OLB would not have replaced V.Joseph, UF's early departure Jr to the NFL
His replacement is still up for grabs among 3-4 for 2019, but Miller is looking good so far.

I will say that UK's overall team quality has improved and is certainly now SEC competitive.

The scUM had the #4 defense in 2018 with their DL & Sr LB'ers being the strength of their team for 2019.

The Gator's 4 new starters on the 2019 OL gave up 1 sack to them.
UF's center gave up zero sacks in 2018, so no your guy wouldn't start at UF.
Your punter would also not start over Townsend. 45+ ave. and he ran a fake punt for a 1st down vs scUM.

Your OLB would not have replaced V.Joseph, UF's early departure Jr to the NFL
His replacement is still up for grabs among 3-4 for 2019, but Miller is looking good so far.

I will say that UK's overall team quality has improved and is certainly now SEC competitive.

Max Duffy is averaging over 50 yards per punt. 45.5 for his career.

You think your punter is better than Max Duffy? Doubtful. Max is also on the Ray Guy watch list...He is an absolute weapon.
I do not see Max Duffy on the Ray Guy watch list for 2019. Also, our guy was preseason 2nd team. I do not see the KY punter on any preseason all conference list

Reactions: grommit
'Bout as good as your game against Kentucky!
My point back to the poster is Kentucky is not good enough to just show up and win on talent alone. Bama, LSU, UGA can play bad and win as they will have way more talent. Kentucky, and Florida, can't. Questions?

I do not see Max Duffy on the Ray Guy watch list for 2019. Also, our guy was preseason 2nd team. I do not see the KY punter on any preseason all conference list

Preseason lists are popularity polls of the media.... reality is Duffy is 2nd in the nation for average yardage, and your guy isn’t in the top 50 in the NCAA stats

I pulled up their stats which showed zero at the site I used.
If your stats are correct, then thanks for the correction. :cool:
I didn't watch their game against UNC but I was just going off the NCAA stats list.

Hk12FG2.jpg

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/468/p3

I am making the assumption that NC got the other four. It's also reasonable that the gators sacked them four more times as they boarded the bus home.

Reactions: SwampLander
Preseason lists are popularity polls of the media.... reality is Duffy is 2nd in the nation for average yardage, and your guy isn’t in the top 50 in the NCAA stats
So why was our guy 2nd team preseason and Duffy not even not anywhere to be found?

'Bout as good as your game against Kentucky!
So what's up with the talk of Mark Stoops taking over as head coach at FSU. From what the FSU fans here are telling us, they can clearly outspend UK when it comes to athletics, so I'm assuming they think they can steal any hoops coaches you currently have or had. They also believe Stoops would leave Lexington in a millisecond just to go to the great clean:rolleyes: city of Tallahassee.
From what I've seen years ago, many FSU fans complained about Stoops and talked about what an upgrade Jeremy Pruitt was to Mark Stoops. Now they believe they can grab a coach who has made a name for himself in Lexington and having rival fans like myself believe football can be almost as popular as hoops at UK.

So why was our guy 2nd team preseason and Duffy not even not anywhere to be found?

What part or “popularity polls” did you not get? On average, every player UF has us going to be given more consideration by media than UK- just fact

But I’ve watched Duffy run lateral 20 yards and then boot one for 61 yards ..... in stride. Absolutely sick skill

Duffy is 4th and Towsend doesn't have enough punts to qualify for the list. We will see at seasons end where they end up.

What part or “popularity polls” did you not get? On average, every player UF has us going to be given more consideration by media than UK- just fact

But I’ve watched Duffy run lateral 20 yards and then boot one for 61 yards ..... in stride. Absolutely sick skill
No, he was 2nd team preseason because he had better stats than Duffy in 2018. Do you think people just make that up? So what part of "stats" do you not get?

So what's up with the talk of Mark Stoops taking over as head coach at FSU. From what the FSU fans here are telling us, they can clearly outspend UK when it comes to athletics, so I'm assuming they think they can steal any hoops coaches you currently have or had. They also believe Stoops would leave Lexington in a millisecond just to go to the great clean:rolleyes: city of Tallahassee.
From what I've seen years ago, many FSU fans complained about Stoops and talked about what an upgrade Jeremy Pruitt was to Mark Stoops. Now they believe they can grab a coach who has made a name for himself in Lexington and having rival fans like myself believe football can be almost as popular as hoops at UK.

Delusionoles

Honestly even though that Duffy guy will never make SEC 1st team or 2nd and our guy has and will, I think it's sad that they are boasting about how well they punt. If I had my way, I wouldn't know how good my punter is all year as in a perfect world, I'd never have to use him.

I'll take Tommy Townsend any day over any SEC punter. Nobody else in the SEC comes close to starting the opposing team right in front of their own goal line. If UK's punter can kick farther than Tommy can, that just means that Florida's offense was closer to the opposing team's goal line when we had to punt than they are.

Townsend put up an 86 yard punt in 2018, but as I already stated, I'm hoping we don't ask him to do that kind of thing again because that means are offense is way back in our own endzone.

Reactions: SwampLander
You know who has an amazing punter. And don't tell them I said anything nice about them, but A&M. The man is lights out.

Should have seen plenty of him last weekend.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Honestly even though that Duffy guy will never make SEC 1st team or 2nd and our guy has and will, I think it's sad that they are boasting about how well they punt. If I had my way, I wouldn't know how good my punter is all year as in a perfect world, I'd never have to use him.

I'll take Tommy Townsend any day over any SEC punter. Nobody else in the SEC comes close to starting the opposing team right in front of their own goal line. If UK's punter can kick farther than Tommy can, that just means that Florida's offense was closer to the opposing team's goal line when we had to punt than they are.

Townsend put up an 86 yard punt in 2018, but as I already stated, I'm hoping we don't ask him to do that kind of thing again because that means are offense is way back in our own endzone.
Don't worry, Tommy's going to get some kicks this weekend.

Duffy averaging nearly 50 with a long of 61. Townsend averaging 46 with a long of 50

I know which one I’m picking
Based on 2018 I will stick with my guy. 9 and 4 punts not enough data points for 2019. Hopefully your guy will get to show off his leg a bunch on Saturday.

I’m here at the game. Gators are wearing generic blue scrimmage jerseys during warmups so you can’t tell who’s out there. Actually a nice touch of deception IMO. I was going to see if Henderson was out there but I can’t do facial recognition from where I’m at.:)

For those who care about such things, at the end of warmups a couple of guys shed their jerseys. Gators will be wearing white jerseys with orange numbers and orange pants. UK going with the smurf look with all blue - helmets, jerseys, pants, and shoes.

Orange pants? Ugh

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT