ADVERTISEMENT

It's the economy stupid

BillytheC

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2021
432513549_7155133267897767_8172438932487191443_n.jpg

A lot of these numbers are understated.

On election day I paid $1.67/gal for gas. I paid $2.76/gal today at BJs wholesale after the $.10 discount.

One gas station in town is charging $3.15/gal

Eggs were $ .88/doz on election day. Today, eggs at Aldi are $2.78/doz.

My electric bill was often in the $85 range in the spring, winter and fall before FJB stole the election. It was $111 this month and that is the lowest its been in years.

A bit of good news. I am a very adaptable person and find work arounds.

For those who need beef, watch the butcher wizard youtube episode on chuck rolls. I am eating steaks for $5.39/lb and also getting chuck roasts for that price. Unlike the wizard I did not turn the "leftovers" into ground beef. Its going into stew meat. I will just buy the ground beef on sale.
Even when its not on sale its still near $3.29 at Aldi so grinding it up at $5.39 does not make sense.

Meanwhile, plans are for the biggest victory garden yet. We have 92 container "pockets" set to go. I have been building out infrastructure and doing yardwork this week. I have been in the yard pretty much all day most days this week. These pockets are vertical and take up about 80-100 sqft. Making dirt and building a raised bed bucket system took a lot of time. We haven't even touched the inground stuff yet.

Nasdaq close Friday at 18,124. Closed on 1/20/21 as 13,294. Where does the above come from? Are any of the numbers right?

Now also add in the Dow numbers. Job Growth Numbers. Unemployment numbers. GDP numbers. And the rest of the indicators that one needs to actually evaluate the current economy rather than to spin it in one direction.

Basically all that chart says is that inflation has caused prices to go up. Yes, we all know that.

The reality is that who the president is never has much effect on the economy anyway, its just the stupid game we play. Economy is driven by economic cycles and the ingenuity and resilience of the American businessman within the system we have created over the last 100 years. Otherwise please explain what Bill Clinton did to make the economy so good while he was president. He even balanced the budget, something Trump didn't come close to doing.

Even then what the president does do has a year or two lag before it even has much effect. So using a lagging indicator would be more accurate.

Reactions: gatorspeed
another one that hates AMERICA. you people make me sick, i would deport each one of you. no question.

pretty easy to make your job numbers and unemployment numbers look good when you take into account part time jobs and illegal alien jobs

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
Nasdaq close Friday at 18,124. Closed on 1/20/21 as 13,294. Where does the above come from? Are any of the numbers right?

Now also add in the Dow numbers. Job Growth Numbers. Unemployment numbers. GDP numbers. And the rest of the indicators that one needs to actually evaluate the current economy rather than to spin it in one direction.

Basically all that chart says is that inflation has caused prices to go up. Yes, we all know that.

The reality is that who the president is never has much effect on the economy anyway, its just the stupid game we play. Economy is driven by economic cycles and the ingenuity and resilience of the American businessman within the system we have created over the last 100 years. Otherwise please explain what Bill Clinton did to make the economy so good while he was president. He even balanced the budget, something Trump didn't come close to doing.

Even then what the president does do has a year or two lag before it even has much effect. So using a lagging indicator would be more accurate.
I have one VERY OBVIOUS (to people with working brains that is) question. WHO in F counts job growth from government forced layoffs because democrats kept the Country shut down during covid? That is like giving an award to an arsonist for putting out the fire he started. PLEASE, PLEASE tell me you are not counting that? I mean....that would be THE MOST IDIOTIC claim EVER made.

Oh...and ANY thoughts on inflation? Grocery prices? Interest rates? How about American opinion on the economy? And comments? (outside to the back yard...NOW)

You're not the brightest bulb in the box, are you?

Using my extremely average intellect I was able to look up the NASDAQ over the last 5 years and deduce that this was most likely Jan of 2023.

You have confirmed your lack of intelligence. Nasdaq means nothing. Key indicators are inflation rate and household income. Your dad is failing miserably.

The Republican controlled Senate and House balanced the budget. Which became Republican controlled after clinton's first 2 years when he and the democratic controlled Senate and House raised taxes on individuals, corporations, fuel taxes, and taxed social security benefits and gutted the military.

Then the democrats were destroyed in the next election cycle and you had a Republican held House and Congress. Your boy billy focused on getting re elected to soothe his ego, got on board with the Republican led House and Congress budget. He signed the bills they gave him to sign.

Oh by the way, please double bag my ice cream.

I have one VERY OBVIOUS (to people with working brains that is) question. WHO in F counts job growth from government forced layoffs because democrats kept the Country shut down during covid? That is like giving an award to an arsonist for putting out the fire he started. PLEASE, PLEASE tell me you are not counting that? I mean....that would be THE MOST IDIOTIC claim EVER made.
Yep, jobs #'s had nowhere to go but up after covid unemployment regardless of how shitty the economy is.

Reactions: dezyDeco
You have confirmed your lack of intelligence. Nasdaq means nothing. Key indicators are inflation rate and household income. Your dad is failing miserably.

The Republican controlled Senate and House balanced the budget. Which became Republican controlled after clinton's first 2 years when he and the democratic controlled Senate and House raised taxes on individuals, corporations, fuel taxes, and taxed social security benefits and gutted the military.

Then the democrats were destroyed in the next election cycle and you had a Republican held House and Congress. Your boy billy focused on getting re elected to soothe his ego, got on board with the Republican led House and Congress budget. He signed the bills they gave him to sign.

Oh by the way, please double bag my ice cream.
LOL, I am not the one who brought up Nasdaq brainiac, it was the original post. I just don't know where those numbers came from.

And since you apparently missed the many times I said it ... I couldn't stand Bill Clinton..... Which was part of the point that flew right over your head.

Reactions: gatorspeed

You try to come across as some whiz bang economist giving us all lessons on how the economy works but this writing of yours is utter BULL S**T. Let's start with the immediacy of the Biden inaugural. On day one, he takes over an economy with a 1.4 inflation rate. In just three months, in April, Biden has TRIPLED that rate to 4.2. And that was just the beginning. What was that, just a freakin coincidence? Lagging indicator my a**. And presidents don't have much of an effect on the economy? So I guess all that money Biden and the dems couldn't wait to start spending had nothing to do with it. And more spending on top of that. Even Larry Summers, democrat and former treasury secretary put out the inflation warning flags about this spending. Even the current treasury secretary proved her idiocy with her "inflation is transitory" mantra. The polls are very clear that most Americans blame Biden for inflation, even if you can't or won't.

And what did Bill Clinton do to make the economy so good and even balance the budget? You must think conservatives or republicans here are really stupid to not know the obvious answer. He signed his name to something orchestrated by Newt Gingrich and the first republican house in 40 years. But you just give ALL the credit to Bill Clinton, conveniently forgetting the rest of the story and then make the utterly stupid comparison to Trump not doing that when Obama and Biden haven't done it either. So the big part of Bill Clinton economic success goes to a republican house.

And finally your economic numbers at the top. I'm confused why you even post them if the president has little effect on the economy. On the Dow, it has grown about 25% (as of last week) since Biden took over. That's pretty good but small potatoes to the 56% growth under Trump.
The job growth numbers are BS when most of them are jobs returning after losing them in the Pandemic, not new jobs.
Didn't Trump have very good unemployment numbers including record unemployment for minorities.

But thanks for letting us all know that presidential policies have little effect on the economy. Who knew.

You try to come across as some whiz bang economist giving us all lessons on how the economy works but this writing of yours is utter BULL S**T. Let's start with the immediacy of the Biden inaugural. On day one, he takes over an economy with a 1.4 inflation rate. In just three months, in April, Biden has TRIPLED that rate to 4.2. And that was just the beginning. What was that, just a freakin coincidence? Lagging indicator my a**. And presidents don't have much of an effect on the economy? So I guess all that money Biden and the dems couldn't wait to start spending had nothing to do with it. And more spending on top of that. Even Larry Summers, democrat and former treasury secretary put out the inflation warning flags about this spending. Even the current treasury secretary proved her idiocy with her "inflation is transitory" mantra. The polls are very clear that most Americans blame Biden for inflation, even if you can't or won't.

And what did Bill Clinton do to make the economy so good and even balance the budget? You must think conservatives or republicans here are really stupid to not know the obvious answer. He signed his name to something orchestrated by Newt Gingrich and the first republican house in 40 years. But you just give ALL the credit to Bill Clinton, conveniently forgetting the rest of the story and then make the utterly stupid comparison to Trump not doing that when Obama and Biden haven't done it either. So the big part of Bill Clinton economic success goes to a republican house.

And finally your economic numbers at the top. I'm confused why you even post them if the president has little effect on the economy. On the Dow, it has grown about 25% (as of last week) since Biden took over. That's pretty good but small potatoes to the 56% growth under Trump.
The job growth numbers are BS when most of them are jobs returning after losing them in the Pandemic, not new jobs.
Didn't Trump have very good unemployment numbers including record unemployment for minorities.

But thanks for letting us all know that presidential policies have little effect on the economy. Who knew.
Bingo.gif

Yep, jobs #'s had nowhere to go but up after covid unemployment regardless of how shitty the economy is.
And when people loss jobs (company closed, laid off, no hours to give because of no business, etc.) because of covid closures/restrictions, then after the restrictions are over and people start going back to work, is that "creating" jobs???? Or when people take a 2nd or 3rd job just to survive, is that "creating" jobs????

Nice job....that sent him to the backyard to practice falling down

I just paid $3.79 for gas on my way to the grocery store where I paid more high prices for food and other things. I wasn't clicking my heels because job growth had a good number or unemployment had a good number as the vast majority of people aren't either. What matters to most people are their own personal economics and fuel and grocery store prices are at or near the top of that list.
Are there people here who truly don't get that? Sounds like it.
Can't wait for the next unemployment number to come out says the poor guy barely able to scrape by. Yea right.

I just paid $3.79 for gas on my way to the grocery store where I paid more high prices for food and other things. I wasn't clicking my heels because job growth had a good number or unemployment had a good number as the vast majority of people aren't either. What matters to most people are their own personal economics and fuel and grocery store prices are at or near the top of that list.
Can't wait for the next unemployment number to come out says the poor guy barely able to scrape by. Yea right.
@Mdfgator exactly what I mean when I say you're delusional..its ridiculous to say the US is winning big. Who is winning big exactly?

pretty easy to make your job numbers and unemployment numbers look good when you take into account part time jobs and illegal alien jobs
Well maybe you should run a hedge fund, those guys are buying the economy. I am sure they would all respect what a political bozo has to say about real things

@Mdfgator exactly what I mean when I say you're delusional..it’s ridiculous to say the US is winning big. Who is winning big exactly?
Anyone that’s putting in the bare minimum of effort. If you cannot succeed now you’re simply not trying or are a worthless person. We are crushing it.

There is much creativity in the area of job growth. Anybody remember the creativity used in the Obama administration with the category created called "jobs saved".
You should tell the folks that run trillions of dollars your thoughts. I am sure they would value it

This and open borders will lose the election for FJB. MOST people are stupid enough to listen to someone telling them everything is ok. Most people KNOW that everything costs WAY more...and that none of us are making more money to compensate for it.

Reactions: BCSpell
And when people loss jobs (company closed, laid off, no hours to give because of no business, etc.) because of covid closures/restrictions, then after the restrictions are over and people start going back to work, is that "creating" jobs???? Or when people take a 2nd or 3rd job just to survive, is that "creating" jobs????
Yeah, taking second and third jobs means doubling and tripling job growth numbers, haha, so many ignorant people voting Democrat.

Reactions: BCSpell
You're not being honest in your responses. Of course some are, but the majority of Americans are tighter, much tighter than they were 4 years ago.
the majority of americans are worse off in a boom than they were in a lockdown 4 years ago... do you hear yourself you clown? your not thinking youre being emotional like most snowflakes. the country is dominating and the unemployment rate is below 4 from 10 4 years ago. stock market is double what it was, everyone is richer, unless you are in jail, than maybe youre about the same. predtend its a republican in office, you will be happy. Beleive me.

He seems to be just the typical DEM, spouting off the typical DEM talking points.
whats my talking point nickel? you angry about immigration?? you live in a right wing echo chamber, their job is to make you miserable, dont let them beat you. i know youre a sheep, but you need to be stronger than this. America is dominating.

the majority of americans are worse off in a boom than they were in a lockdown 4 years ago... do you hear yourself you clown? your not thinking youre being emotional like most snowflakes. the country is dominating and the unemployment rate is below 4 from 10 4 years ago. stock market is double what it was, everyone is richer, unless you are in jail, than maybe youre about the same. predtend its a republican in office, you will be happy. Beleive me.
"A boom" LMAO. Just not factual. I bet the unemployment rate is way up because people have to get more jobs because everything is so expensive. Also, only the Libtards count more employment by adding millions of undocumented people as well as "more jobs" because people went back to work after Covid. Nice try buddy.

"A boom" LMAO. Just not factual. I bet the unemployment rate is way up because people have to get more jobs because everything is so expensive. Also, only the Libtards count more employment by adding millions of undocumented people as well as "more jobs" because people went back to work after Covid. Nice try buddy.
mdf is a troll and just a waste of time responding to they.

• Haha
Reactions: fatman76
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT