ADVERTISEMENT

Is Rashada coming to Gainesville or not?

Nick,

Agree - put a foot in his Ass & show him the door.
He looked like sh*t in the Under Armor Game.

Plus we have 2 hand selected Transfer QBs & Max Brown.

Billy - why don't you give Max a chance - either coach him up or let Spurrier do it for you !

Not the issue.... folks need to read what Halley posted concerning a hypothetical.

Not you necessarily but folks talking ish about On3 are the same folks pushing BS opinions.

Folks are on this site for good info, folks searc the posts. There is a hypothetical explaining what "hypothetically" occurred

Reactions: Gator Fever
Yep..... as I said in another thread, if thus other side decides to be firm in their BS, Rashad should say sue me, and enroll at UF.

IMO there is no legally enforceable clause that prevents him from coming here.. 1. California NIL applies to California post-secondary schools not Florida. 2. Florida NIL makes play for play illegal. 3. He can still carry out his NIL responsibilities even playing for UF.

Just my opinion.

So Ruiz is threatening a suit over something he signed with him?

Yep..... as I said in another thread, if thus other side decides to be firm in their BS, Rashad should say sue me, and enroll at UF.

IMO there is no legally enforceable clause that prevents him from coming here.. 1. California NIL applies to California post-secondary schools not Florida. 2. Florida NIL makes play for play illegal. 3. He can still carry out his NIL responsibilities even playing for UF.

Just my opinion.
Yeah…ok…whatever…you win…

With all due respect (and thanks for stopping by) the only thing sadgator can focus on is the woman in your avatar…

• Haha
Reactions: EvilWayz
Definitely sounds like it’s NIL-related. I honestly don’t care if he comes or not at this point. Even if he shows up in Gainesville, this has been a disaster. And I’m sure this isn’t the last drama with this kid. I just want to know what happened and if it’s something that we can try to avoid in the future.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
Definitely sounds like it’s NIL-related. I honestly don’t care if he comes or not at this point. Even if he shows up in Gainesville, this has been a disaster. And I’m sure this isn’t the last drama with this kid. I just want to know what happened and if it’s something that we can try to avoid in the future.

I see your point but I don't see how you sell the 24 class on this sh*tshow without hope at QB for the future.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Looking at this timeline, it does look like the kid likes the spotlight and the drama he can create.

Looking at the dad's arrogant (imo) statement about the situation if his son isn't signed by the deadline I am thinking he is probably part of the issue here.

Not the issue.... folks need to read what Halley posted concerning a hypothetical. WTF ?

Not you necessarily but folks talking ish about On3 are the same folks pushing BS opinions.

Folks are on this site for good info, folks searc the posts. There is a hypothetical explaining what "hypothetically" occurred
Disagree,

This is a free board, for entertainment purposes only, generously hosted by the owner & publisher of 1st and Ten Florida - Jason Higdon.

Thank You
Jason !

Opinions are all this board has to offer - yours, mine, Sad Gator, whoever.
If, by accident, we mix a few facts in as well, so much the better.

If you want facts, join the Swamp - Jason has them.

"...hypothetical explaining what "hypothetically" occurred ? WTF ?

Rather read posts from Paco, Fever, Sad, Numbers, Gwinnett, Country, Alaska, DawginIrag, Ocala, etc, etc. & even Insta (LOL) - more entertaining & informative.

I removed all references to Rashada from titles of my posts because I didn't have a clue what was going on & didn't think anyone else did either.

It has reached the point that -
Rashada's actions speak so loudly - I can't hear what anyone else is saying.

If he wanted to be a Gator, he would be here, in G'ville, enrolled in the Univ Florida.

Last edited:
So Rashada is represented by 2 guys that are just out of college in the last couple of years. Between that and his father's comments I can see why we are probably in the situation we are in. I also don't put in past some people connected to the Gator Guard that aren't the ones writing the big checks half a** promising things they didn't assure was guaranteed.

If he wanted to be a Gator, he would be here, in G'ville, enrolled in the Univ Florida.
This is where I come out. Whether its two NIL lawyers in a pissing contest or whatever, it's the kid's and his family's decision where he wants to play. I don't understand why there is no clarity coming from anyone: UF, CBN, Rashada, his "representatives" whatever. Are we talking about the Pentagon Papers here? This isn't that serious.

Disagree,

This is a free board, for entertainment purposes only, generously hosted by the owner & publisher of 1st and Ten Florida - Jason Higdon.

Thank You
Jason !

Opinions are all this board has to offer - yours, mine, Sad Gator, whoever.
If, by accident, we mix a few facts in as well, so much the better.

If you want facts, join the Swamp - Jason has them.

"...hypothetical explaining what "hypothetically" occurred ? WTF ?

Rather read posts from Paco, Fever, Sad, Numbers, Gwinnett, Country, Alaska, DawginIrag, Ocala, etc, etc. & even Insta (LOL) - more entertaining & informative.

I removed all references to Rashada from titles of my posts because I didn't have a clue what was going on & didn't think anyone else did either.

It has reached the point that -
Rashada's actions speak so loudly - I can't hear what anyone else is saying.

You actually took the time to type this......🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is where I come out. Whether its two NIL lawyers in a pissing contest or whatever, it's the kid's and his family's decision where he wants to play. I don't understand why there is no clarity coming from anyone: UF, CBN, Rashada, his "representatives" whatever. Are we talking about the Pentagon Papers here? This isn't that serious.

I doubt UF will say anything about this except maybe Rashada is requesting out of his NLI or something like that unless its to say they have no involvement as I don't think they are supposed to be involved legally. If I had to guess the argument is over something Rashada was told but was not guaranteed in writing anywhere. It would be funny if he gets caught without a school until the summer and they try to sue over something one of these collective idiots supposedly told him without putting it in writing. My guess is he would lose if push came to shove and if they did some settlement to make it go away - it wouldn't be for that much.

Napier is actually doing a good job considering NIL. Clemson is probably the only team with similar NIL that got a class as good as him. There are about 7 or 8 schools cranking out some serious NIL to high school recruits.

You know those deals aren't listed as they are through private businesses and setups etc. which don't have to publicly list them.

Mullen recruiting would be #30 area with our NIL situation. I guess Mullen could fake a good class like he did before by just loading up on all the non-qualifiers, sexual assault history and recruits that the US was not processing their VISAs.

Just as I expected from you, all you've got is opinions and speculation outta yo-butt.... 🤓

• Haha
Reactions: Gator Fever
Maybe BN inadvertently traded Mertz for Rashada as it were,,,, not knowin,' jus-saying....

Just as I expected from you, all you've got is opinions and speculation outta yo-butt.... 🤓

Show me the money then - list the NIL contracts here and show us there aren't 7 or 8 teams clearly spending much more NIL than us through their boosters.

You sure like to speculate also - that Brown is the superstar in waiting based on easy high school competition stats and the guy is going to be playing baseball apparently taking time away from football practice. Might make the playbook even harder to get down.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
So yet another crock-O-crap unfounded opinions along with your usual weak attempts at deflection.

The way football is going right now, he might even be smart to just remain with O'Sul and forget about playing football. We'll see as time goes by, won't we....
🤓

Apparently God owns a Cadillac dealership…
Ron Cadillac is God?

image.ashx

Reduce it by a factor of 10 to 1.3M, and it'd still be way to much money.
IMO, he did very little in the UA-AA Game.
Just me personally, but I'm hoping that drama queen Rashada goes back to the Left Coast...

Sr Stats from Max Preps:

JR Passing -- 14 G - 211 of 338, 62.4% for 3,055 yds, 14.5 Ave, 32 TD's, 13 Ints, QBR 107.3
MB Passing - 14 G - 167 of 235, 71.1% for 2,750 yds, 16.5 Ave, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6

JR Rushing ---- 68 for 419 yds, 6.2 ypc, 7 TD's, 1 LPF
MB Rushing - 173 for 1,343 yds, 7.8 ypc, 20 TD's, 0 LPF

Total Offense

JR -- 3,055 + 419 = 3,474 yds, 39 TD's, 14 Turnovers -- IMO Over-rated
Pittsburg, Ca, a small East Bay suburb near San Francisco, Population 76,416

MB - 2,750 + 1,343 = 4,093 yds, 61 TD's, 4 Turnovers -- IMO Underrated
Tulsa, OK, the 2nd-largest city in Oklahoma, Population 1,023,988

Last edited:
However NIL works, Florida is apparently doing it wrong…

Well we aren't doing enough of it if we want to be a true SEC contender. It will have to be stepped up for portal players for sure. Hopefully this stuff starts correcting itself some to a lower level. No telling if it ever will for the top QBs who could end up as busts if you arent lucky.

I sure have to think so. There's just no way in hell anyone is paying that kind of money to a kid just out of high school. At least I hope not...

I thought it was probably people linked to Ruiz floating that BS since the BS story back then was we offered 11 million but he took an offer of 8 million from Miami instead. Now that I see who he has repping him on this NIL stuff it's probably his people doing it thinking it will help them get more.

Well we aren't doing enough of it if we want to be a true SEC contender. It will have to be stepped up for portal players for sure. Hopefully this stuff starts correcting itself some to a lower level. No telling if it ever will for the top QBs who could end up as busts if you arent lucky.
So amateur college football has left the house.

Now it's become a pay-for-play PRO system, without the stabilizing contracts or a draft system to help with a more level playing field....

College sports is losing it's attraction for me under the current 'broken' system.

Now it's become a pay-for-play PRO system, without the stabilizing contracts or a draft system to help with a more level playing field....

College sports is losing it's attraction for me under the current 'broken' system.

I am hoping a lot of these portal guys strike out looking for bigger NIL to maybe slowly start reigning it in a little bit. I have no issue the ones leaving trying to find a place they can be a starter.

I'm actually liking NIL-college less than the NFL at this point and that's saying something. At least in the NFL the contracts are out there to view, ppl have to stick to it, you can't be all pro with Tampa and opt out for the Dolphins next year with no penalty.

NIL is way worse than I could have imagined at this point.

I'm actually liking NIL-college less than the NFL at this point and that's saying something. At least in the NFL the contracts are out there to view, ppl have to stick to it, you can't be all pro with Tampa and opt out for the Dolphins next year with no penalty.

NIL is way worse than I could have imagined at this point.

It is absolutely awful, and I have to imagine unsustainable. Basically now every player is a free agent, every year - free to leave at any time & go somewhere else for any reason.
For years, it was clear that the players were getting the short end of the stick - generating massive amounts of money for the universities, coaches, and others. The NCAA had plenty of opportunity to fix it & likely could have with a simple rule that every player gets $x while they are playing. It would've eventually been challenged, but it would have delayed the problems for a while.
I sure miss the old days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT