ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting article about a pro life Democrat and her upcoming ad campaign

Leftwing extremists should call her a DINO.
Over one issue that's doubtful, but who cares. It would be the first time in modern political history.

Her candidacy isn't real, she's only running to shine light on one single issue.

And as I've said before - if you are for abortion I understand, but you need to at least see what that means. If more politicians would show the process, listen to doctors describe popping the cranial cavity like a grape and ripping infants limb from limb in a late second-term abortion...perhaps some would rethink their position.

Over one issue that's doubtful, but who cares. It would be the first time in modern political history.

Her candidacy isn't real, she's only running to shine light on one single issue.

And as I've said before - if you are for abortion I understand, but you need to at least see what that means. If more politicians would show the process, listen to doctors describe popping the cranial cavity like a grape and ripping infants limb from limb in a late second-term abortion...perhaps some would rethink their position.

Abortion is a tough issue and there is no great answer. I'm not sure showing horrific pictures are going to pull anyone onto your side. It may even have the opposite effect.

Abortion is a tough issue and there is no great answer. I'm not sure showing horrific pictures are going to pull anyone onto your side. It may even have the opposite effect.
its not that tough, abortion should be legal, with limits after 3 months or so..

The United States is one of just a very few countries in the world with zero restrictions on abortion. Even European countries have restrictions. I've not heard one democrat support any kind of restriction even for a baby surviving the abortion, which is a human being.
Maybe people need to see what the results of late term abortions are and who knows if that moves the needle, but at least put out the truth so women have as much information as possible.
Frankly, I do not know why a ban on at least 3rd trimester abortions, aside from health of the mother or baby, is such a complete revocation of women's rights, in what is supposed to be a civilized country.

"We cannot build a better world on a pile of dead babies".

Damn. I can see that is already offending the usual suspects here.

She's a unicorn: A Democrat that puts her morals and values about her politics.

Wish more dems did the same.

Reactions: dezyDeco
Bill Clinton said abortion should be safe, legal and RARE. The rare part is long gone. What I don't understand is why the American left seems to celebrate abortion as the numbers explode like a McDonald's sign touting the number of hamburgers sold. Every abortion should be viewed as a tragedy for the circumstances leading to it rather than a celebration of the woman's right to call for it on demand.

Bill Clinton said abortion should be safe, legal and RARE. The rare part is long gone. What I don't understand is why the American left seems to celebrate abortion as the numbers explode like a McDonald's sign touting the number of hamburgers sold. Every abortion should be viewed as a tragedy for the circumstances leading to it rather than a celebration of the woman's right to call for it on demand.
Clinton, for all his very obvious faults as a person, was the last dem that was smart enough to understand that his party must appeal to the 'average' American. I doubt he gave a shit about killing babies, but he knew decent people did, so he massaged his message to appeal to them.

I meant the people who show those horrific pictures trying to pull people to the anti-abortion side. Not the you 'you'......the them 'you'.

I don't understand how getting educated in order to have a better understanding of what you are supporting could be a bad thing. It's not only about shocking people. There are actual people that do not know what late term abortion looks like and what it entails.

I don't understand how getting educated in order to have a better understanding of what you are supporting could be a bad thing. It's not only about shocking people. There are actual people that do not know what late term abortion looks like and what it entails.
So, if anti-gun crusaders started pushing pictures of brutal gun violence against children, that would be educating people in order for them to have a better understanding of gun violence?

So, if anti-gun crusaders started pushing pictures of brutal gun violence against children, that would be educating people in order for them to have a better understanding of gun violence?
So, people are OK with children being gunned down by gangmembers stray bullets until they've seen pictures of it?

That's quite a leap even for you.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
So what would be the end goal for each scenario? For the abortion issue, I think showing what happens during late term abortions might down the road someday lead to some form of abortion limitation like most of the other civilized countries of the world. I have hope for that.

For the issue of brutal gun violence against children or gun violence in general, I have stated in the past and will say it again that I believe this is not a solvable problem and there ain't no solution, no matter how many pictures you show me. But I will listen to anybody who thinks they have a solution.
Even if you could get to an extreme action of gun confiscation, anybody would be a fool to think that you'd get them all back and that people with evil intent wouldn't be able to get one.

We have a toxic mixture of mental illness and guns in this country and I think this problem is not solvable. But I would love to know what your solution to "brutal gun violence against children" is because I am open to any suggestion that works.

So, people are OK with children being gunned down by gangmembers stray bullets until they've seen pictures of it?

That's quite a leap even for you.
You don't think gang violence is largely ignored by the democrats and their media.....and the general public too, for that matter?

Maybe people need to learn what's really happening.

Hopefully it's not a matter of horrific images being OK only when it's a cause you support. ;)

So what would be the end goal for each scenario? For the abortion issue, I think showing what happens during late term abortions might down the road someday lead to some form of abortion limitation like most of the other civilized countries of the world. I have hope for that.

For the issue of brutal gun violence against children or gun violence in general, I have stated in the past and will say it again that I believe this is not a solvable problem and there ain't no solution, no matter how many pictures you show me. But I will listen to anybody who thinks they have a solution.
Even if you could get to an extreme action of gun confiscation, anybody would be a fool to think that you'd get them all back and that people with evil intent wouldn't be able to get one.

We have a toxic mixture of mental illness and guns in this country and I think this problem is not solvable. But I would love to know what your solution to "brutal gun violence against children" is because I am open to any suggestion that works.
So, brutal images are acceptable for a cause you support (limiting abortion) but not OK for a cause you don't support (gun grabbing).

It has to be pictures? We couldn't just tell people what happens during a late-term abortion or when a 5 year old accidentally shoots his 3 year old sibling?

I'd be absolutely fine with that. People should be uncomfortable with late-term abortion and toddlers who are victims of gun violence.

To answer your question more directly, I'd have no problem with a picture of the above if it gave people a reality check.

So, brutal images are acceptable for a cause you support (limiting abortion) but not OK for a cause you don't support (gun grabbing).
I am interested in solutions. Is grabbing my gun a solution. Let's just keep this on trying to actually solve a problem. Are you saying gun grabbing would be a solution? I am not pro children being killed by guns. I'm also not interested in laws that do nothing. So I'm asking, what is your solution?

I am interested in solutions. Is grabbing my gun a solution. Let's just keep this on trying to actually solve a problem. Are you saying gun grabbing would be a solution? I am not pro children being killed by guns. I'm also not interested in laws that do nothing. So I'm asking, what is your solution?
Gun grabbing by itself wouldn't be a 'solution'. You'd also have to start putting criminals in jail and keeping them there.

There will never be a total 'solution'. I just want it to be better.

It has to be pictures? We couldn't just tell people what happens during a late-term abortion or when a 5 year old accidentally shoots his 3 year old sibling?

I'd be absolutely fine with that. People should be uncomfortable with late-term abortion and toddlers who are victims of gun violence.

To answer your question more directly, I'd have no problem with a picture of the above if it gave people a reality check.
I don't think people should be unwillingly confronted with shock pictures.

I credit you with being consistent.....you're OK with both sides doing it.

Gun grabbing by itself wouldn't be a 'solution'. You'd also have to start putting criminals in jail and keeping them there.

There will never be a total 'solution'. I just want it to be better.
I would like it to be better as well. In fact, a lot better. But I really don't know how to get there. Actually, the first thought that hit my mind was the one you mentioned, putting criminals in jail and keeping them there.
I am very pessimistic on any real progress because laws getting passed do virtually nothing. So many of the post shooting fact finding investigations point out the red flags that family or friends knew about and yet it still happened. I don't think that anybody disagrees with the idea that unstable people should not be able to get guns. Problem is defining unstable and how easy it is to get a gun beyond legal means.

You don't think gang violence is largely ignored by the democrats and their media.....and the general public too, for that matter?

Maybe people need to learn what's really happening.

Hopefully it's not a matter of horrific images being OK only when it's a cause you support. ;)
Theo, you said you live in a good part of town. So do I. If there's a gang in Middleburg Florida it's probably on horseback.

We are both intelligent enough to extrapolate that a small piece of copper jacketed lead travelling at supersonic speeds has a deleterious effect upon striking human flesh, regardless of the age of the human wearing it.

The people who live with gangs are acutely aware of them, and even the most sheltered Karen in her ivory tower protected by both gated security and HOA has seen a television show, film, or video game featuring gun violence.

It's not remotely the same thing.

Theo, you said you live in a good part of town. So do I. If there's a gang in Middleburg Florida it's probably on horseback.

We are both intelligent enough to extrapolate that a small piece of copper jacketed lead travelling at supersonic speeds has a deleterious effect upon striking human flesh, regardless of the age of the human wearing it.

The people who live with gangs are acutely aware of them, and even the most sheltered Karen in her ivory tower protected by both gated security and HOA has seen a television show, film, or video game featuring gun violence.

It's not remotely the same thing.
So we need to actively teach people about the horrors of abortion but not the horrors of gun violence because they already know that?

So we need to actively teach people about the horrors of abortion but not the horrors of gun violence because they already know that?
You said that sarcastically.

Now read it again and see how much sense you just made.

Most people aren't familiar with medical procedures unless they've had them.

And no, I don't think horrifying images are the way to go for either issue.

You said that sarcastically.

Now read it again and see how much sense you just made.

Most people aren't familiar with medical procedures unless they've had them.

And no, I don't think horrifying images are the way to go for either issue.
I get it. I really do.

You want to get the anti-abortion message out there but not the anti-gun violence message.

Wouldn't the extreme left be exactly the opposite? They'd want to shove gun violence in our faces but not abortion violence.

Both sides want things slanted their way.

I get it. I really do.

You want to get the anti-abortion message out there but not the anti-gun violence message.

Wouldn't the extreme left be exactly the opposite? They'd want to shove gun violence in our faces but not abortion violence.

Both sides want things slanted their way.
Once again you're just making things up.

The left pretends that white supremacist males wearing red hats are the primary purveyors of gun violence.

As soon as school shooting happens they're speculating on the manufacturer of the "assault weapon" used as soon as a firearm is involved.

Funny how when 25 people get gunned down over July 4th weekend we never hear what kind of gun was used.

That's the lefts take on gun violence.

You know very well my position, gun company shilling and small unit notwithstanding.

Once again you're just making things up.

The left pretends that white supremacist males wearing red hats are the primary purveyors of gun violence.

As soon as school shooting happens they're speculating on the manufacturer of the "assault weapon" used as soon as a firearm is involved.

Funny how when 25 people get gunned down over July 4th weekend we never hear what kind of gun was used.

That's the lefts take on gun violence.

You know very well my position, gun company shilling and small unit notwithstanding.
You are dead on about the foolishness of the left.

You are dead on about the foolishness of the left.
They have similar logic to yours.

Death by white male with an AR-15 is problematic. Death by gangmembers with Glocks in Chicago is business as usual.

The left has never expressed interest in banning handguns even though some 90 percent of gun crime is committed by them.

They know it's a non starter, and it was never about the guns to begin with, only the control.

Less guns doesn't fix the problem my friend. No, I'm not saying MOAR GUNZ. I'm saying guns in the hands of the right people and out of the hands of criminals.

That means the government needs to step up and prosecute.

They have similar logic to yours.

Death by white male with an AR-15 is problematic. Death by gangmembers with Glocks in Chicago is business as usual.

The left has never expressed interest in banning handguns even though some 90 percent of gun crime is committed by them.

They know it's a non starter, and it was never about the guns to begin with, only the control.

Less guns doesn't fix the problem my friend. No, I'm not saying MOAR GUNZ. I'm saying guns in the hands of the right people and out of the hands of criminals.

That means the government needs to step up and prosecute.
"Death by white male with an AR-15 is problematic. Death by gangmembers with Glocks in Chicago is business as usual". And the media proves that point every single time.

I said years ago that the value of a black shooting victim's life was determined by who shoots or kills him. If the shooter is another gangbanger, the shooting victim's life doesn't even register. You won't find Al Sharpton at that funeral. But if the black man is killed by a cop, particularly a white cop, and particularly in a terrible manner, the value of that black man's life is the golden ticket, a billion dollar lottery ticket. See George Floyd.

I don't understand how getting educated in order to have a better understanding of what you are supporting could be a bad thing.
You just said the key word 'support'.

No one supports anyone being a victim of gun violence. So showing us pictures of the aftermath isn't going to change our perception. We are already against it.

@GatorTheo supports abortion. He doesn't want us to show the aftermath.

Completely different scenario. He is scared if the world sees the reality of the position he supports, that fewer people will support his position.

We already know the reality of gun violence. That's why no one here supports it.

I don't think people should be unwillingly confronted with shock pictures.

I credit you with being consistent.....you're OK with both sides doing it.

Unwillingly? I wouldn't force anyone to look at something that they didn't want to see.

Also, I wouldn't restrict the use of, or protect people from, said pictures. If you don't want to see it, it would be your responsibility not to see it.

I get that images of either would shock the senses and it would be traumatic. But if we're willing to allow either thing to happen, how is showing what it looks like any worse than the actual act?

Reactions: RussellCasse

There was a street preacher outside the uf vs fsu game last week and he had a big picture of an aborted baby and people hated it. They hate to see it. When you see it, the dehumanizing talk about the unborn ends, and it’s easy to recognize that we are talking about a baby. It’s horrifying

There would be a very common theme...the person doing the shooting SHOULD have been in jail, and some lefty prosecutor did not do their job and put them away where they belong. There are ZERO pictures out there of law abiding people shooting children. So that blows this VERY poor attempt, theo. But that is all your little thinking power allows. AGAIN...the gun does not shoot itself...some had to pull the trigger. Do you disagree? Well show me a link where it happened more than a few times in recorded history, and we will entertain this ridiculous take.

Biden called out by pro-life Democrat running protest campaign in gruesome anti-abortion ad

Weird, hope no kids or gator message board members have to see those ads. Don’t want to see the sensitive get upset.

There was a street preacher outside the uf vs fsu game last week and he had a big picture of an aborted baby and people hated it. They hate to see it. When you see it, the dehumanizing talk about the unborn ends, and it’s easy to recognize that we are talking about a baby. It’s horrifying

Bingo. It’s something so awful, that abortion supporters don’t want to see pics of it, but are perfectly fine maintaining their position on abortion.

And no Theo, you don’t get to hijack every thread to discuss people who used a gun to murder.

630-850k far outweighs 2000.

Be better.

Last edited:
Unwillingly? I wouldn't force anyone to look at something that they didn't want to see.

Also, I wouldn't restrict the use of, or protect people from, said pictures. If you don't want to see it, it would be your responsibility not to see it.

I get that images of either would shock the senses and it would be traumatic. But if we're willing to allow either thing to happen, how is showing what it looks like any worse than the actual act?

Nailed it sir.

The hypocrisy is astounding.

If a person can see the results of an abortion and still support it up to birth with no restrictions…well that’s all I need to know about you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT