ADVERTISEMENT

I am going to start deleting threads....

I have many friends who like Trump & I can have many open discussions about that. And never has anyone called me a "retard" or whatever else has been said here. But I enjoy discussing politics, economics (really love it), UF sports, basketball (really, really, love it)....but I'm not doing it for personal attacks or trolls. This place isn't a place to have open discussions, especially if you are new & have a different opinion
That’s a fair take. My take is this. All I am asking for is consistent application of the rules.

If you allow namecalling….cool with me, as it has never bothered ne.

If you say you don’t allow it, then don’t allow it for ANYONE.

Same for trolling. If you set rules of no trolling, and a poster puts something out, then says….I did that to troll. Apply the rules equally.

Too much to ask?

I have many friends who like Trump & I can have many open discussions about that. And never has anyone called me a "retard" or whatever else has been said here. But I enjoy discussing politics, economics (really love it), UF sports, basketball (really, really, love it)....but I'm not doing it for personal attacks or trolls. This place isn't a place to have open discussions, especially if you are new & have a different opinion
LOL. This is just from the first page of a “discussion“about gas prices. These guys ignore what’s staring them right in the face.

GDammit you are retarded. Crude oil was up again, my oil stocks still going up. The Pantshitter in Chief didn't do shit to lower gas prices. Releasing oil reserves is like spraying Lysol on a 5 pound turd he created. 😅😂🤣

It’s hard to do math when your entire head is up your ass.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a bigger retard on a football forum than @BSC911. He's got competition, but he's got the Sabanesque edge on the weakest schedule in the land. 🤣

He voted for Hiden. There is a reason @Sunburnt Indian calls him the slowest of our slow.

Seriously man, you are one of these people that would easily take the Mark when the Anti-Christ shows up. You are living a total, outright lie.

Reactions: Tarjf
What group are some of these posters referring to? Everyone is their own individual person. I’ve disagreed with countless people on this board who have similar views on a macro level but not so much on a micro level.

Hell @Dr. Curmudgeon can’t stand libertarians and I’m a libertarian and we get along just fine.

There is a bunch of people who think abortion is murder and it’s a sin no matter how you slice it. I to think abortion is murder but I’m not in the business of telling people how to live their lives nor chastising them for their decision. Live and let live.

One commonality that I have with many of you is roasting other people… trolling. Name calling is part of trolling.

What I find hilarious is that the ones getting upset over name calling are upset over words on the internet. Do none of you understand this isn’t real? It’s the internet for hell’s sake. We take time out of our lives to come here and jab at each other because it’s fun. It’s one of the last forums where this can happen in a society that constantly pounces on each other because people are way too serious. Comedy used to be that forum but even comedians can’t tell the jokes they want to with out scrutiny.

I implore you all to lighten up, stop running to the mods over words on the internet and let’s get back to what made this board fun, roasting each other. This isn’t hard people.
Well said. And I have no clue who he is referring to as a “group”.

That’s why I thought it was funny. I have had it out with multiple conservatives on this site. Multiple times.

Love you @BamaFan1137 @goldmom @grandhavendiddy @GatorTheo

My opinion? Open this bish up for trashtalk, smack talking, name calling….all of it.

As you said, it’s just a board on the internet ffs. Also, I believe in free speech.

That said, right now there are two sets of rules. First time I have ever put anyone on ignore because of that.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Hey, I have no problem with any of this...but the poster I responded to says he likes open discussion...I'm refuting that. Name call away....I could care less, I don't have hurtphelioma. But some just need to admit hey, "I want to discuss things with people that think the same way I do" and move on....lol
Maybe come at him at a different angle. I see a lot of people on both sides that come into discussions very smug on a topic because they believe they are right.

Let me ask you this though because I honestly feel this is where the lines get blurred. Did you drop into this message board and started posting to change people’s minds or prove them wrong? I ask because you’ll never change people’s minds. If you dropped into prove them wrong, then you deserve to be roasted.

This board isn’t some pillar of academia where ideas are shared and society is changed based on these ideas that are shared. If it was, society would be in a lot of trouble.

If your true reason for dropping in is to debate the days issues, I’d thoroughly look at how you approach the discussion. There has been good and honest debate in this forum.

Reactions: jfegaly

That’s why I thought it was funny. I have had it out with multiple conservatives on this site. Multiple times.

My opinion? Open this bish up for trashtalk, smack talking, name calling….all of it.

As you said, it’s just a board on the internet ffs. Also, I believe in free speech.

That said, right now there are two sets of rules. First time I have ever put anyone on ignore because of that.
Free speech is great but this is a private business so they can make their own rules. Also free speech comes with consequences of things that are said....from reading here not many can handle that

Reactions: kalimgoodman

Shut up @jfegaly I hate you 😉😂😂😂😂

In all seriousness, it’s freedom of speech people, it isn’t always supposed to be warm and fuzzy.

Free speech is great but this is a private business so they can make their own rules. Also free speech comes with consequences of things that are said....from reading here not many can handle that
Yes it’s a private business and a private business can do as they wish. I have heard many libs make this point over the years.

That said…does the private business owner believe in the concept of free speech? Elon is going to crush it because he is applying the principle of free speech to his private business.

What group are some of these posters referring to? Everyone is their own individual person. I’ve disagreed with countless people on this board who have similar views on a macro level but not so much on a micro level.

Hell @Dr. Curmudgeon can’t stand libertarians and I’m a libertarian and we get along just fine.

There is a bunch of people who think abortion is murder and it’s a sin no matter how you slice it. I to think abortion is murder but I’m not in the business of telling people how to live their lives nor chastising them for their decision. Live and let live.

One commonality that I have with many of you is roasting other people… trolling. Name calling is part of trolling.

What I find hilarious is that the ones getting upset over name calling are upset over words on the internet. Do none of you understand this isn’t real? It’s the internet for hell’s sake. We take time out of our lives to come here and jab at each other because it’s fun. It’s one of the last forums where this can happen in a society that constantly pounces on each other because people are way too serious. Comedy used to be that forum but even comedians can’t tell the jokes they want to with out scrutiny.

I implore you all to lighten up, stop running to the mods over words on the internet and let’s get back to what made this board fun, roasting each other. This isn’t hard people.
One thing I agree with is the country ahead of world problems, but I never place my country ahead of God.

Yes it’s a private business and a private business can do as they wish. I have heard many libs make this point over the years.

That said…does the private business owner believe in the concept of free speech? Elon is going to crush it because he is applying the principle of free speech to his private business.
This^^^he is smart enough to align himself with people that pay their bills instead of the gov't teat suckers.

Shut up @jfegaly I hate you 😉😂😂😂😂

In all seriousness, it’s freedom of speech people, it isn’t always supposed to be warm and fuzzy.
And IDGAF. It’s a message board. I am not here to boost my ego or make friends. 😉😂😂😂.

I can barely contain my ego as it is.

That said, you hating me does make me feel warm and fuzzy.

jweinperor.gif

Ok great...it's his company he can do with it as he wishes. Just like the NFL allowed peaceful protests during anthems b/c it's not a part of collective bargaining agreement where in NBA they were not allowed to (was agreed upon after Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf situation)

I'm old school but I think the board is better without personal insults.

There's plenty of contentious stuff to discuss. Personal insults are middle school tactics and they just invite other personal insults (which attract the board po-po).

Reactions: BSC911
Wanting people with whom you disagree to leave a messageboard is no different than liberals on twitter wanting conservative opinions shut down.

What fun is it if you can't argue?
I never said I wanted them to leave, just that is their option if they don't like the way it is run. I tire of the whining from outsiders

Can not spell troll without b…c…s

Troll - to post inflammatory, inappropriate, controversial, or polarizing messages on (the internet) for the purpose of cultivating animosity, upsetting others, or provoking a response.
This i a free board to all. So if a Dem posts something like the above it's trolling but if a Pub does it's not. 🤔

I'm old school but I think the board is better without personal insults.

There's plenty of contentious stuff to discuss. Personal insults are middle school tactics and they just invite other personal insults (which attract the board po-po).
Personal insults come when someone isn't intelligent enough to argue their points intelligently. They get bested by a debate opponent, and instead of just leaving the exchange, they start calling names cause their feelings got hurt.

But the issue here isn't about name-calling, it's about the even application of rules. If there's to be no name-calling, then make that a rule and enforce it for all.

When you have an uneven application of the rules, the board eventually dies. This is just common sense. Cause either posters get banned and the ones who aren't leave, or the posters get tired of being held to a standard that others aren't, and they leave.

I mean guys like you and @BSC911 are already trolling on other boards so you don't really care about this one. I really don't think the BO does much either.

It is what it is. But even application of the rules is undefeated. Just sayin'.

Personal insults come when someone isn't intelligent enough to argue their points intelligently. They get bested by a debate opponent, and instead of just leaving the exchange, they start calling names cause their feelings got hurt.

But the issue here isn't about name-calling, it's about the even application of rules. If there's to be no name-calling, then make that a rule and enforce it for all.

When you have an uneven application of the rules, the board eventually dies. This is just common sense. Cause either posters get banned and the ones who aren't leave, or the posters get tired of being held to a standard that others aren't, and they leave.

I mean guys like you and @BSC911 are already trolling on other boards so you don't really care about this one. I really don't think the BO does much either.

I totally agree moderating should be consistent.

Some people on both sides want the opposition silenced.

It's weak.
Can't speak for anyone else, but I don't want a single lib here silenced.

I want them to not break the rules and actually debate these issues because I want them to learn something. I don't want them to go through life continuing to be angry and miserable and ignorant.

I want them to be better people.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I don't want a single lib here silenced.

I want them to not break the rules and actually debate these issues because I want them to learn something. I don't want them to go through life continuing to be angry and miserable and ignorant.

I want them to be better people.
They're not going to change. They're not necessarily ignorant, they're just America Last types.

So, what seems stupid because it harms America is what they want.

They're not going to change. They're not necessarily ignorant, they're just America Last types.

That’s just silly. No one wants to harm “America.” But America is made up of its people and it can’t be great until it looks after all of its people. Even the ones you don’t like or disagree with.

Or maybe that was just a subtle troll. If so, we’ll done.

Maybe I am naive, but I don't believe that. I think eventually, they will all wake up.

2020 and covid opened a LOT of eyes.

To be fair, the left really believes what they are doing is best for America. That's what happens when you are brainwashed.

Eventually they will figure out they were lied to about Trump.

So will you. Gonna be fun watching what this country can become when we are all on the same page.

• Haha
Reactions: jfegaly and Tarjf
That’s just silly. No one wants to harm “America.” But America is made up of its people and it can’t be great until it looks after all of its people. Even the ones you don’t like or disagree with.

Or maybe that was just a subtle troll. If so, we’ll done.
Yes, America has some worthless people but, despite democrat promises, we'll never be able to lift them into a comfortable, middle class lifestyle. If you're poor and you don't do anything, you're going to remain poor.

How many of you lefties would take a knee for the American anthem but stand respectfully for the anthems of other countries?

Yes, America has some worthless people but, despite democrat promises, we'll never be able to lift them into a comfortable, middle class lifestyle. If you're poor and you don't do anything, you're going to remain poor.

How many of you lefties would take a knee for the American anthem but stand respectfully for the anthems of other countries?
Dems will always keep as many people as possible in the lower class. They need people to be financially dependent on the government. Once they become financially independent, they no longer want or need government support programs, and dems know if they can't buy votes via support programs they probably wont get them.

Dems have a vested interest in keeping people poor and dependent. Their policies have always reflected that.

Maybe I am naive, but I don't believe that. I think eventually, they will all wake up.

2020 and covid opened a LOT of eyes.

To be fair, the left really believes what they are doing is best for America. That's what happens when you are brainwashed.

Eventually they will figure out they were lied to about Trump.

So will you. Gonna be fun watching what this country can become when we are all on the same page.
When we are all on the same page? MAYBE you are naïve? ;)

And if you are poor and are never given the opportunity to advance then you will remain poor.

And to answer your question, None that I know of. That’s just a trite argument you Righties make. We do believe in freedom of expression though. That’s part of what makes America great. We aren’t Nazi Germany, or Stalinist Russia, or Iran where voicing disagreement gets you imprisoned.

It seems you only want the of Bill of Rights if it expresses an opinion you agree with.

In other words,

“This is all I have. Please don’t take it away from me. Its really important that I spam the Gator message board with election conspiracy theories and my Trump love. “

And if you are poor and are never given the opportunity to advance then you will remain poor.

And to answer your question, None that I know of. That’s just a trite argument you Righties make. We do believe in freedom of expression though. That’s part of what makes America great. We aren’t Nazi Germany, or Stalinist Russia, or Iran where voicing disagreement gets you imprisoned.

It seems you only want the of Bill of Rights if it expresses an opinion you agree with.
Who is never given the opportunity? Everyone get 12 years of free education. Everyone has the opportunity to avoid committing crimes.

The trick is taking advantage of the opportunities.

If I agree with it, it's true! 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT