ADVERTISEMENT

How pathetic is the ACC?

Their champion is going to lose to the 3rd or 4th best team in the SEC.
Mmmm didn’t they already lose too South Carolina as well? Clemson has been in a steady decline since last year. I think Klubnik will be a good QB but I don’t expect Clemson to be any better than average next year. ACC is going to be really bad next year also.

Better teams just don't care about bowl games. They were uninterested

ACC was 5 and 6 against the SEC this yr.... and we beat the SEC west champ.

Unlike you though, I'm glad to see our best team fall

Last edited:

Are you sure that is right though? Not counting the bowl games I see the SEC as 6-3 against the ACC this year. Georgia over GT, UK over Lville, UT over Pitt, South Carolina over Clemson, A&M over Miami, Ole Miss over GT. Maybe I missed something.

I agree that I hope the best team in our conference losses too. 😂

Are you sure that is right though? Not counting the bowl games I see the SEC as 6-3 against the ACC this year. Georgia over GT, UK over Lville, UT over Pitt, South Carolina over Clemson, A&M over Miami, Ole Miss over GT. Maybe I missed something.

I agree that I hope the best team in our conference losses too. 😂
Wake beat vandy, and 1 more and tbf, almost all of those games were decided by a TD, except for UGA.

That’s true. But Clemson is not one of those teams. Your conference is trash. Congrats on your win, by the way.

That’s true. But Clemson is not one of those teams. Your conference is trash. Congrats on your win, by the way.

2 and 0 vs SEC this yr, it's so obvious what you are doing by the way lol UGA fans intelligence hasn't changed I see

I do agree the ACC is bad. It’s likely going to be worse next year.

Hard to tell with the portal. ACC will have 2 of the best quarterbacks in the country next yr. Fsu will be even better, Clemson will continue their out of control spiral, Miami will still suck. I'm going to love next yr so much.

• Haha
Reactions: Countygator1
Hard to tell with the portal. ACC will have 2 of the best quarterbacks in the country next yr. Fsu will be even better, Clemson will continue their out of control spiral, Miami will still suck. I'm going to love next yr so much.

I know that true freshman QB had a few picks in that bowl game but I think he will be decent next season and Clemson will win the ACC again.

I know that true freshman QB had a few picks in that bowl game but I think he will be decent next season and Clemson will win the ACC again.

Next yr will be our best shot to beat Clemson since 14. We have a lot returning and coming in, they lose a lot

I think the Clemson QB will be good but Clemson doesn’t have the RBs and WRs they usually do & the coaching staff isn’t as good as it has been in years past. I think Clemson is going to continue to decline. I actually think the ACC is going to be worse next year than it was this year. I see 3 good to average teams in FSU, Clemson and UNC. I’m not sure there is even an average team after those 3.

ACC is pretty bad. Nolies hit their mountain top this season. But fortunately for them rest of ACC will be even worse next year so they have a shot at winning title. So does Miami.

ACC is pretty bad. Nolies hit their mountain top this season. But fortunately for them rest of ACC will be even worse next year so they have a shot at winning title. So does Miami.

We will be better next yr. Return the entire offense and added 2 good TEs, got 3 really good portal o lineman. Question will be on defense, does verse return?

I think the Clemson QB will be good but Clemson doesn’t have the RBs and WRs they usually do & the coaching staff isn’t as good as it has been in years past. I think Clemson is going to continue to decline. I actually think the ACC is going to be worse next year than it was this year. I see 3 good to average teams in FSU, Clemson and UNC. I’m not sure there is even an average team after those 3.
I agree. I was impressed with the true freshman. Their only real weapon on offense is Shipley.

That said, last night's game was odd. A failed fake field goal attempt followed by 3 missed FGs by a solid kicker was an anomaly that kept the momentum in Tenn's favor. That said, it was nice to see Clemson win the stats game and lose...it's what happened to us when we played them this year. We had 28 first downs to their 18 and beat them in every other cateory sans scoreboard. They are certainly not what they once were.

The ACC isn't bad, they're average. They have 9 bowl eligible teams and went 5-4 beating a ranked UCLA team as well as Cincinnati, UCF and UNC lost by a single point to Oregon. Clemson is the only ACC team to $hit the bed.
Not sure I put much stock in most of the bowl games anymore outside of maybe the NY6 bowls and the playoff games. Due to players opting out, transfer portal, etc. by the time some of these teams play in their bowl games they don’t have the same team that got them to that bowl game on the first place.

Clemson was undefeated against their ACC schedule but then couldn’t beat Notre Dame or South Carolina. That isn’t a good thing for a conference champ.

We can agree to disagree. I don’t think the ACC was very good this year.

Let’s be honest. The best thing to help the perception of the ACC is both FSU and Miami need to be good. That hasn’t happened yet.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
I am more than happy to concede that FSU is probably the worst 10-win team in the P5.
With the most explosive offense in Div 1. We had like 93 20+ yard plays going into our bowl game and likely broke 100 of them. Johnny Wilson is a beast. We need some work on Defense, but I'm not worried about our offense; especially adding some OL and TE transfer prospects.

Not sure I put much stock in most of the bowl games anymore outside of maybe the NY6 bowls and the playoff games. Due to players opting out, transfer portal, etc. by the time some of these teams play in their bowl games they don’t have the same team that got them to that bowl game on the first place.

Clemson was undefeated against their ACC schedule but then couldn’t beat Notre Dame or South Carolina. That isn’t a good thing for a conference champ.

A side note: ND needs to just fully join the ACC. They're 99.5% there already. All sports sans football where they still are required to play a 5-game ACC schedule.

A side note: ND needs to just fully join the ACC. They're 99.5% there already. All sports sans football where they still are required to play a 5-game ACC schedule.
They aren’t going to do it. ACC doesn’t make enough money.

Let’s be honest. The best thing to help the perception of the ACC is both FSU and Miami need to be good. That hasn’t happened yet.

Hard to Jude like that imo, LSU won the west and we beat them and we finished 3rd in the ACC. Teams this yr across the conferences were pretty even. Bama almost and should have lost to Texas who was terrible the majority of the yr. Odd yr in college football.

I think we agree on Clemson, ya know, they look like us at the end of the jimbo yrs. You can just see the decline in skill players

They aren’t going to do it. ACC doesn’t make enough money.

This is correct. No chance they join us because of the money. We are locked in to a GOR for like 10 more yrs.... lol thanks ACC commish.

I've been told that won't stand for the remaining 10 yrs but we will see.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Hard to Jude like that imo, LSU won the west and we beat them and we finished 3rd in the ACC. Teams this yr across the conferences were pretty even. Bama almost and should have lost to Texas who was terrible the majority of the yr. Odd yr in college football.

I think we agree on Clemson, ya know, they look like us at the end of the jimbo yrs. You can just see the decline in skill players
LSU had ups and downs as well but I don’t consider them the 2nd best team in the SEC. Both Bama and Tennessee are better teams. They will both end up ranked higher.

Reactions: fsu939913
LSU had ups and downs as well but I don’t consider them the 2nd best team in the SEC. Both Bama and Tennessee are better teams. They will both end up ranked higher.

I think those 3 are similar. Lsu did beat Bama, I think they are a bad matchup for Bama but I think Bama would beat common opponents more often

Reactions: PacoGator19
With the most explosive offense in Div 1. We had like 93 20+ yard plays going into our bowl game and likely broke 100 of them. Johnny Wilson is a beast. We need some work on Defense, but I'm not worried about our offense; especially adding some OL and TE transfer prospects.
You guys had a strong year. Wasn't expecting it but your QB is a playmaker for sure.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Surprisingly, Lovett announced this morning that he is coming back. The other, Cooper, is out of eligibility
Nice, there was a huge difference in the defense when he was out this year. Hopefully he can stay healthy. Still don't trust the defensive staff as a whole though.

You guys had a strong year. Wasn't expecting it but your QB is a playmaker for sure.

I think Travis surprised most people, he's developed well. We just got the #1 corner in the TP today and news that Lovett is back at DT (he really only played against LSU healthy). I expect us to challenge Clemson this yr for the first time in 7 or 8 yrs.

Nice, there was a huge difference in the defense when he was out this year. Hopefully he can stay healthy. Still don't trust the defensive staff as a whole though.

Yep, our defensive staff will us from making the playoffs. We need to improve 2 things, high school recruiting and better defensive staff. Those 2 might go hand in hand. Our transfer portal class is number 1 right now

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT