ADVERTISEMENT

Great News for the Gators....

If not for a great save by the Arky keeper midway through the 2nd half, the soccer team would've produced as many points as Mac's offense.
Ouch.....don't care for you nolies, but that was a pretty good one...

Then you should just go ahead and hire someone with a brain to do your thinking for you... :cool:
That's right, I was thinking of football since you used to pride yourselves on being such a power. My bad. Since ole McAlwain ain't doing so hot, now Soccer has become important for you.

That's right, I was thinking of football since you used to pride yourselves on being such a power. My bad. Since ole McAlwain ain't doing so hot, now Soccer has become important for you.

Just as clueless as your short time posting here has made you appear.

BTW, how many times have the lamecocks won any of the 3 SEC All Sports Trophies, (Mens - Womens - Combined)? (crickets)

Just as clueless as your short time posting here has made you appear.

BTW, how many times have the lamecocks won any of the 3 SEC All Sports Trophies, (Mens - Womens - Combined)? (crickets)
After the game SATURDAY, I will go the bar and celebrate a win while you can go to the Florida trophy case and stare at your 3 all sports trophies. Bet I have the most fun.

Reactions: USCRBCOCK
After the game SATURDAY, I will go the bar and celebrate a win while you can go to the Florida trophy case and stare at your 3 all sports trophies. Bet I have the most fun.

Yep, that's the thing for Gator fans. We have a Top 10 in the Nation - #1 SEC - All Sports Program, (you'll see a bit of that in the pre-game, as UF salutes it's Olympians), while SCa has not much of anything in any sports. And if you only celebrate when you have football wins, then that's not often and it doesn't take up much of your time. The rest of the time is likely spent watching chickens fight and/or chasing your sisters... o_O

PS

Sitting in some bar (prolly alone) and getting more chit-faced is you idea of having fun. typical :rolleyes:
~~~ The worse you are at thinking, the better you are at drinking.~~~
I can see that you're very proud of the one that you are better at.... :oops:

Yep, that's the thing for Gator fans. We have a Top 10 in the Nation - #1 SEC - All Sports Program, (you'll see a bit of that in the pre-game, as UF salutes it's Olympians), while SCa has not much of anything in any sports. And if you only celebrate when you have football wins, then that's not often and it doesn't take up much of your time. The rest of the time is likely spent watching chickens fight and/or chasing your sisters... o_O

PS

Sitting in some bar (prolly alone) and getting more chit-faced is you idea of having fun. typical :rolleyes:
~~~ The worse you are at thinking, the better you are at drinking.~~~
I can see that you're very proud of the one that you are better at.... :oops:
Listen boy, your great Florida football program is trending down, I know it, everyone else knows it but obviously you don't know it. Your program in all it's frustration to be in the top tier of the SEC just keeps firing coaches. We are passing you in men's basketball as evidenced by last year's records, are picked by many to win the natty in WBB this year, recently won back to back nattys in baseball and will field a contender this year in the top ballpark in the country. Have won nattys in track. Just won the regular season SEC title in women's soccer.You sir are misinformed. to say we have not won much of anything in any sports. I like to have spirited debates with opposing fans who know a little something about what they say.

Listen boy, your great Florida football program is trending down, I know it, everyone else knows it but obviously you don't know it. Your program in all it's frustration to be in the top tier of the SEC just keeps firing coaches. We are passing you in men's basketball as evidenced by last year's records, are picked by many to win the natty in WBB this year, recently won back to back nattys in baseball and will field a contender this year in the top ballpark in the country. Have won nattys in track. Just won the regular season SEC title in women's soccer.You sir are misinformed. to say we have not won much of anything in any sports. I like to have spirited debates with opposing fans who know a little something about what they say.
You really don't want to compare programs, I mean your 6 women's equestrian titles are nice, but your men's team have only produced 2 total national championships, period. If we don't win 2 national titles in a single year its a bad year....so what else you got?

Listen Boy???
hysterical-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

My first game at old Florida Field was when Spurrier was our QB, not the HBC.
And I got your boy swingin' :cool:

"There are two kinds of football coaches." -- Bum Phillips
"Those that have been fired, and those that are going to be fired."

Spurrier 11 - Zook 3 - Meyer 6 - Musclecramp 4 ----- McElwain 2/current
Gator coaches are averaging 6 years over the last 24 seasons.
Those coaches have produced 9 SEC-C, 3 NC's, and 2 Heisman QB's.
How have your coaches's done while attempting to become relevant in the SEC?
============

Just since 1992 when SCa was allowed into the SEC, Florida has won:

130 SEC-C's ---- & ----- 27 National Championships.
And they virtually own all 3 of the SEC's All Sports Trophies. o_O
Finished in the Top 10 for the National Director's Cup for 32 consecutive years.

Now, you post what your lamecocks have done since joining the SEC and we can all compare the two.... (crickets) :rolleyes:

I won''t further embarrass you by asking for a comparison with the Gator Olympians over that span... :cool:

And as far as football programs go, UF has had exactly 1 losing season since 1980.
While your lamecocks have had 14 losing seasons, including going 3-9 last year.

Reactions: TennesseeGator

Bassett-ball starts tonight in Jax vs Florida Gulf Coast at 7:30 PM in the Veterans Memorial Arena.
chomp
chomp (Direct TV 611-1)

This will be one of the most talented and experienced Gator rosters in the last two decades.
"Now, we're all on the same page and ready to have a great season." -- Devin Robinson
In an exhibition defeat of Division II Eckerd last month, the Gators placed 6 in double-figure scoring, with a 7th player at 9 points. (this is how the 04's played)
"It could be a different guy every night," said SG KeVaughn Allen, the team's leading returning scorer.
"They're all playing very selfless," coach White said, "I'm proud to see that."

The 2016-17 Gators are two-deep at every position, with a rotation — for now — of 10 players, maybe even 11 to 13 will see the floor on any given night, after the surprising news Thursday that 6-foot-11 freshman center Gorjok Gak has been ruled eligible to play by the NCAA.

============

HC Mike White -- AC Dusty May - AC Darris Nichols
DBO Kyle Church - VC Jonathan Blake - S&C Preston Greene
A-AD, Sports Health Dave Werner
------------------
0. PG Kasey Hill 6-1 175 Sr - Umatilla, FL
11. PG Chris Chiozza 6-0 176 Jr - Memphis, TN
2. PG Eric Hester 6-3 167 Fr - Clearwater, FL

5. SG/PG KeVaughn Allen 6-2 183 So - Little Rock, ARK
24. SF/SG Canyon Barry 6-6 215 Sr, Grad-xfer - ColoSpgs, Colo

1. SF Devin Robinson 6-8 200 Jr - Chesterfield, VA
23. SF/PF Justin Leon 6-8 208 Sr - Conway, Ark (JuCo - Shawnee ILL)

21. PF Dontay Bassett 6-9 222 Fr - Oakland, CA (Oldsmar, FL)
25. PF Keith Stone 6-8 240 rsFr - Deerfield Bch, FL

12. PF/C Gorjok Gak 6-11 231 Fr - Sydney, Australia (OKSt flip with a 7' 4" windspan)

~ Gak initially got an NCAA hit for the # of HS games he'd played, but is now cleared.
13. PF/C Kevarrius Hayes 6-9 218 So - Live Oak, FL

15. C John Egbunu 6-11 255 rsJr - Bauchi, Nigeria (USF xfer)
32. C/PF Schuyler Rimmer 6-10 249 Sr - Orlando, FL (Stanford xfer)

~ 3. SG Jalen Hudson 6-6 190 Jr - Richmond, VA (VaTech xfer, eligible in 2017-18)

==============

Probable Starting Lineup:
SF Devin Robinson
PF Justin Leon
C John Egbunu
SG KeVaughn Allen
PG Kasey Hill

Last edited:
USCe fans act like Obama fans with the tradition of Candy fans:

:lol: phone edit

Bama fans and Vandy fans

Last edited:
"Everybody always wants more. If you're playing, you want to play more. If you're not playing, you want to play. You can go down the list. But I think this team is willing to do whatever it takes for the good of the team." Soccer Coach Becky Burleigh (and winning so far in the NCAA Tourney)

"We have guys who can play, dynamic guys, but also some new guys who are going to contribute from Day 1. We also have a year with our coaches. This time last year, we were trying to get used to them. Now, we're all on the same page and ready to have a great season." -- SF Devin Robinson Jr
"Very selfless team," White said, "I was proud to see that."(now 1-0 to start their season)

And then we have gator football, where politics and promises control the roster and so it's now, everyone for themselves....

What to expect from the 2016-17 Gator Basketball team?
Well, a return to the NCAA Big Dance for starters. ;)

W UF 80 - 59 FL Gulf Coast (-21)
W UF 76 - 54 Mercer (-22)
~ UF ?? - ?? St. Bonaventure

Players of the Game: (in iG's opinion)
SF Justin Leon - 17 pts 60%, floor (6/10) and the arc (3/5) + 5 Rbs.
SG/PG KeVaughn Allen - :eek: 13 pts, 5 Asts, 3 Rbs, 2 Blks, 2 Stls.
SF Devin Robinson - 12 pts, 9 Rbs

Defense - 17 Turnovers for 22 Pts.
Total Rebounds - UF 47 - 32 Mer
Off-Rbs UF 20 - 10 Mer -- leading to UF's 24 2nd chance Pts.
Offensive Rebounds: Egbunu 4, Robinson 4, Leon 3.
Points off rebounds and turnovers made the main difference. :cool:

~ Has the free throw shooting improved? Through 2 games: 44 of 56 for 78.6%!
* 12 played in the game for UF, and all 12 scored points.

"It feels good when everybody gets to pick off the tree,"
Leon said. :)

Last edited:
We're very good athletically. We should defend and rebound. I think Egbunu, Allen and D-Rob have all-league talent. We'll probably need two out of three to play like it. We will have to run, because I think we'll struggle to score in the half court. I think we'll be similar to last year. Win a couple of those league games down the stretch, instead of dumping four in a row, and we'll be in the tournament.

I'll be interested to see how we play against Duke. I think they're a little overrated. They're having some injury troubles with their freshmen, and I think our guys can hang with their vets. Of course, you're always playing the refs as well.

When (IF) UF has another AD with 130 SEC-C's and 27 NC's, let me know....

lol - He can have a million womens tennis championships - doesn't make up for screwing up 3 football hires. Unless Mac turns it around fast that will be Foley's legacy when he actually made the football hires by himself. Donovan is a big plus but doesn't make up for that since we are a football school.

Also Arnsparger had already put us on the map with that all sports stuff. Foley didn't pull some miracle with that.

lol - He can have a million womens tennis championships - doesn't make up for screwing up 3 football hires. Unless Mac turns it around fast that will be Foley's legacy when he actually made the football hires by himself. Donovan is a big plus but doesn't make up for that since we are a football school.

Also Arnsparger had already put us on the map with that all sports stuff. Foley didn't pull some miracle with that.
So you are already counting McElwain as a failure?

So you are already counting McElwain as a failure?

Nope I give him another year or even two if our record improved in 2017 but if he doesnt really turn the recruiting around its hard to see him here past then. I dont think you can be a top SEC team with his recruiting so far. Not sure what the issue there is because Smart has been bringing many top recruits in right out of the gate.

You are really this clueless are you? (rhetorical)
UF is an All Sports school, on the SEC level and on a National level.
UF virtually owns the 3 SEC All Sports trophies, (Men's-Women's-Combined).
UF is the only school in the NCAA to finish in the Top 10 for 30+ consecutive years in the Director's Cup final standings.

UF has 21 Sports, and all of them are at least competitive most years.
10+ Gator Sports finish in the Top 10 in the nation most years.
2 of UF's 3 football NC's came from a Foley hire.
Both of UF's B-Ball NC's came from a Foley hire.
Championship Baseball and Softball coaches are Foley hires.
Perennial SEC-C Mary Wise (volleyball) was a Foley hire.
Soccer NC coach Burleigh was a Foley hire.
And on and on and on.... o_O

While certainly not perfect as an AD, Foley is destined for eventual HoF status.
And no other AD in UF history even comes close to Foley's across the board success levels.
UF football had only 1 losing season in Foley's entire tenure.
None of his Football coaches left UF with a losing record here.
Try comparing him to any other SEC AD in that time span and see what you get, instead of comparing him to your own twisted idea of a perfect AD... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Caring more about the football cash cow than the non-revenue sports does not make one "clueless."

Neither does cherry picking a post to further the usual negative stalking, but it hasn't stopped an A-hole dunny so far... :confused:

Try comparing him to any other SEC AD in that time span and see what you get, instead of comparing him to your own twisted idea of a perfect AD...
:rolleyes:

Nope I give him another year or even two if our record improved in 2017 but if he doesnt really turn the recruiting around its hard to see him here past then. I dont think you can be a top SEC team with his recruiting so far. Not sure what the issue there is because Smart has been bringing many top recruits in right out of the gate.
Yep, that is pretty much my position.

You are really this clueless are you? (rhetorical)
UF is an All Sports school, on the SEC level and on a National level.
UF virtually owns the 3 SEC All Sports trophies, (Men's-Women's-Combined).
UF is the only school in the NCAA to finish in the Top 10 for 30+ consecutive years in the Director's Cup final standings.

UF has 21 Sports, and all of them are at least competitive most years.
10+ Gator Sports finish in the Top 10 in the nation most years.
2 of UF's 3 football NC's came from a Foley hire.
Both of UF's B-Ball NC's came from a Foley hire.
Championship Baseball and Softball coaches are Foley hires.
Perennial SEC-C Mary Wise (volleyball) was a Foley hire.
Soccer NC coach Burleigh was a Foley hire.
And on and on and on.... o_O

While certainly not perfect as an AD, Foley is destined for eventual HoF status.
And no other AD in UF history even comes close to Foley's across the board success levels.
Try comparing him to any other SEC AD in that time span and see what you get, instead of comparing him to your own twisted idea of a perfect AD... :rolleyes:

We will have to just disagree then. You remind me of the guys posting that the SEC would be begging to get Foley when that job opened up because of the job he has done in the non revenue sports.. Well guess what they weren't.

I am not clueless. We are a football school and Foley will have botched all 3 football head coaching hires unless Mac magically turns recruiting around etc very quickly. Arnsparger already put us on the map for overall sports before Foley even took over. Donovan does not make up for 3 botched football hires at a football school if Mac doesn't turn it around. With how Foley thinks he is smarter than everyone with his football hires I wouldn't have been shocked if we didn't get Meyer if he made the decision instead of the President.

Most people place womens tennis and mens golf about 10 miles behind the importance of football at UF except for a few family members and others that keep up with that stuff.

Neither does cherry picking a post to further the usual negative stalking, but it hasn't stopped an A-hole dunny so far... :confused:

Try comparing him to any other SEC AD in that time span and see what you get, instead of comparing him to your own twisted idea of a perfect AD...
:rolleyes:

You didn't actually address what I said.

Unless you read my post as downing Foley and comparing him to other ADs.

We will have to just disagree then. You remind me of the guys posting that the SEC would be begging to get Foley when that job opened up because of the job he has done in the non revenue sports.. Well guess what they weren't.

I am not clueless. We are a football school and Foley will have botched all 3 football head coaching hires unless Mac magically turns recruiting around etc very quickly. Arnsparger already put us on the map for overall sports before Foley even took over. Donovan does not make up for 3 botched football hires at a football school if Mac doesn't turn it around. With how Foley thinks he is smarter than everyone with his football hires I wouldn't have been shocked if we didn't get Meyer if he made the decision instead of the President.

Most people place womens tennis and mens golf about 10 miles behind the importance of football at UF except for a few family members and others that keep up with that stuff.

Sully was an awesome hire. He may do for baseball what Billy D did for hoops. I agree with your overall point though.

so far he is more like the first ten years of Billy's post season success, he needs to win a title in baseball because so far he's basically the baseball version of cal and there's really no excuse not to have at least one already.

Yep, we disagree alright. And nope, that's not important at all, opinions vary.

Foley is acknowledged as one of the best AD's ever, by those that get paid to know. Unpaid opinions are worth ever penny spent on them.... :confused:

As the only school in the NCAA with 32 Consecutive Top 10 finishes in the Director's Cup standings, you are proven incorrect in claiming that UF is a FOOTBALL school. Virtually owning the SEC's All Sports trophies puts the cherry on top of that... o_O

UF football is inarguably the top college sport, EVERYWHERE but for maybe a very few schools like UK, Duke, Kansas, but that is a different point. Does UK make more $$ off of football or B-Ball, I don't know?

Can you tell me what the yearly attendance figures are at UF for football, as compared to every other UF sport combined?

I notice that you don't want to compare Foley to any other SEC AD over the past 25 years. o_O

Is your standard that the football coach has to win NC's or he's a failure, along with the AD that hired him? If so, Foley is still in the Top 2% of college football AD's, as the vast majority have never won a single NC, much less more than one.

Foley has never hired a coach that left UF with a losing record, unlike many other top SEC schools
Are you claiming that Foley alone made all of the hiring decisions, with zero input from anyone else on the staff? If so, you're not clueless, you're FoS.

The musclecramp left UF with a 90-something class. In 2 months Mc improved it to a Top 20 class. He followed that with a #12 class. This year it's projected to be at least a Top 10 class. Looks like steady improvement coming off of a disaster zone. Are you saying that he must have a Top 5 class or better every year or he's a failure? Foley hired Mc, and all he did was be the only coach in UF history to win 10 games in his first season and be named the SEC's CoY. What a bum.... :rolleyes:

And before you claim that you can speak for what 'Most People' want or think, I'll need to see some proof that you have that ability, which I haven't seen so far.... :cool:

Volleyball HC Mary Wise and her #6 Gators (24-2, 14-1) Sweep Bama on Senior Day.
Mary Wise is now 41-0 vs Alabama in her 26 seasons as a Gator, with 21 SEC-C's.
There hasn’t been a single coach in the history of Division I men’s and women’s basketball, football or baseball with at least 16 seasons of coaching who can claim a better winning percentage than Wise has at Florida (.890).
USA Volleyball gave Wise the title of “All-Time Great Coach” in 2006.
Wise has 25 consecutive 25 win seasons and is 1 win away from making it 26 seasons.

UF loses 3x AA Alex Holston 6-2 to graduation. She is UF's only Sr on this year's team.
Her apparent replacement on the team has recently signed her LOI.
Paige Hammons is a 6-2 1st Team UA-AA outside hitter from Louisville, KY.
She is the 2016 'Miss Kentucky Volleyball' award winner, among her many other awards.
===========

Gator HC Becky Burleigh just advanced to the NCAA 2nd Round and will play Wis. 7 PM Friday.

Yep, we disagree alright. And nope, that's not important at all, opinions vary.

Foley is acknowledged as one of the best AD's ever, by those that get paid to know. Unpaid opinions are worth ever penny spent on them.... :confused:

As the only school in the NCAA with 32 Consecutive Top 10 finishes in the Director's Cup standings, you are proven incorrect in claiming that UF is a FOOTBALL school. Virtually owning the SEC's All Sports trophies puts the cherry on top of that... o_O

UF football is inarguably the top college sport, EVERYWHERE but for maybe a very few schools like UK, Duke, Kansas, but that is a different point. Does UK make more $$ off of football or B-Ball, I don't know?

Can you tell me what the yearly attendance figures are at UF for football, as compared to every other UF sport combined?

I notice that you don't want to compare Foley to any other SEC AD over the past 25 years. o_O

Is your standard that the football coach has to win NC's or he's a failure, along with the AD that hired him? If so, Foley is still in the Top 2% of college football AD's, as the vast majority have never won a single NC, much less more than one.

Foley has never hired a coach that left UF with a losing record, unlike many other top SEC schools
Are you claiming that Foley alone made all of the hiring decisions, with zero input from anyone else on the staff? If so, you're not clueless, you're FoS.

The musclecramp left UF with a 90-something class. In 2 months Mc improved it to a Top 20 class. He followed that with a #12 class. This year it's projected to be at least a Top 10 class. Looks like steady improvement coming off of a disaster zone. Are you saying that he must have a Top 5 class or better every year or he's a failure? Foley hired Mc, and all he did was be the only coach in UF history to win 10 games in his first season and be named the SEC's CoY. What a bum.... :rolleyes:

And before you claim that you can speak for what 'Most People' want or think, I'll need to see some proof that you have that ability, which I haven't seen so far.... :cool:

My standards arent that high but fair enough we all have our opinions and I thought Mac was a good hire at first but time will tell.

It does make me wonder why Smart is bringing in all these players right off the bat but Mac is struggling there even though we are a FL school.

My standards arent that high but fair enough we all have our opinions and I thought Mac was a good hire at first but time will tell.

It does make me wonder why Smart is bringing in all these players right off the bat but Mac is struggling there even though we are a FL school.

I think it has to do with him selling the Saban brand as well as the excitement in state for a fresh face at the head of the program.

I don't think its sustainable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT