ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Softball 2024

I've been thinking for a while now that the pen should be used a little bit more than they have been. Good to see Wooten get those 2 wins over the weekend...

I've been thinking for a while now that the pen should be used a little bit more than they have been. Good to see Wooten get those 2 wins over the weekend...
If we could have gotten 1 experienced veteran from the portal, this team could challenge for the national title. Relying on 2 freshmen to carry the load, no matter that they were nationl players of the year, is just asking too much. I agree that going forward, Coach Walton should take more of a staff appraoch to games. There is film out there now on Rothrock & Brown and Wooten and Miller have proven that they can give a couple of innings each in solid relief.

Reactions: instaGATOR
If we could have gotten 1 experienced veteran from the portal, this team could challenge for the national title. Relying on 2 freshmen to carry the load, no matter that they were nationl players of the year, is just asking too much. I agree that going forward, Coach Walton should take more of a staff appraoch to games. There is film out there now on Rothrock & Brown and Wooten and Miller have proven that they can give a couple of innings each in solid relief.
Lack of acquiring portal pitching hurting both softball and baseball.

True - Basbeall more so. They're not even going to make the postseason.
Our best pitcher last year came through the portal so maybe this is true. However Sully has a whole roster of HS all American pitchers. If we’re incapable of developing them we need to look at why.

This is the SOFTBALL thread people. Baseball talked has leaked over.

Wednesday night, Gator softball gets run-ruled by FSU. 1 bad inning, with 3 errors and 3 different pitchers doomed them. Gotta regroup for Georgia this weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT