ADVERTISEMENT

Grantham’s fault but, not Mullen’s?

Defense lost the game on Saturday. The offense did fine. Only had like 51 plays because they defense couldn’t get UGA off the field. The defense was lousy in the LSU game. The defense wasn’t good in wins against USCjr, Towson and UK ether.

Take a look at all of your losses under Mullen. For the most part the defense has been the problem.

This year the defense has underachieved greatly IMO.
The offense did fine. Fla's offense didn't enter into the red zone until there was less than six minutes left in the game.

That is true. Mullen knows how to maximize talent...and in that respect (and in play calling), he reminds sadgator of Steve.

The UGA losses definitely suck, but hopefully we can turn it around soon...
I certainly want to see it happen. We'll have to see how the season plays out...recruiting etc, honestly I'm happy with where we are, the loss last week sucks but didn't really expect to win it or LSU going into ther season. Players are playing every down and to the end of the game.... making some great plays....I haven't seen that consistently for years.

Dan Mullen doesn't have a 200 million $ recruiting budget like Georgia gave to Kirby. That makes a world of a difference and it is what has turned mediocre Kirby Smart into one of the SEC's top coaches right now.
Show me where Georgia spends $200MM a year on recruiting.

Over blown...anytime a program has an issue with paying players it usually comes from the boosters or people surrounding the program...highly paid coaches are almost never involved. You'll come across a few idiot coaches like the basketball coach that was at Ole Miss (I think) straight up talking about paying a player on the phone or guy like Bruce Pearl who is dirty AF....they don't need the heat. I'm not saying that kids don't get benefits...Cam Newton's father was clearly paid money and I'm sure it happens a lot more than reported but no program is clean IMO. Either way Kirby is clearly one of the best when it comes to recruiting. I'm not trying to dog anyone because I want them to lose. Also UF hasn't won shit in 10 years but it hasn't been 30+ either! lol

UGA?...I have no clue but I'm sure Kirby has nothing to do with it. The thing that kills me is the NCAA...they are total garbage. No consistency...I remember when probation meant you don't go to bowl games or aren't on TV...etc. No consistency from the NCAA...total joke

Over blown...anytime a program has an issue with paying players it usually comes from the boosters or people surrounding the program...highly paid coaches are almost never involved. You'll come across a few idiot coaches like the basketball coach that was at Ole Miss (I think) straight up talking about paying a player on the phone or guy like Bruce Pearl who is dirty AF....they don't need the heat. I'm not saying that kids don't get benefits...Cam Newton's father was clearly paid money and I'm sure it happens a lot more than reported but no program is clean IMO. Either way Kirby is clearly one of the best when it comes to recruiting. I'm not trying to dog anyone because I want them to lose. Also UF hasn't won shit in 10 years but it hasn't been 30+ either! lol

UGA?...I have no clue but I'm sure Kirby has nothing to do with it. The thing that kills me is the NCAA...they are total garbage. No consistency...I remember when probation meant you don't go to bowl games or aren't on TV...etc. No consistency from the NCAA...total joke
I mean what really happened to USC when Reggie Bush was busted for his mother getting a home and I think he was given a car...almost nothing! Freaking joke.

It was only on the SEC Network. Georgia committed to 200million to improve recruiting across all of it's sports over the past several years. Improved facilities, greatly increased recruiting staff and networking abilities. Don't act like you are ignorant of this. I am not claiming any NCAA infractions in this, this was the "so called University's" goal regardless of whoever ended up head football coach there.

Reactions: GatorNation79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT