ADVERTISEMENT

God Bless President Biden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you think you were gone long enough for people to forget how badly you were exposed as nothing more than a teacher with the answer key? Here's a hint: You weren't.
He gives questions and then says there are multiple correct answers. That tells you something right there.

Fair enough. The distilled essence of my observation, based on my high school education and my trade school degree, are that none of you are as smart as you believe yourselves to be.
Very true. The thing is, I've never claimed to be some genius. But who goes around bragging about how smart they are in every post? Definitely nerdsville.

The *you're stupid" retort
Went out in grade school.

In intelligence quotient class room testing, Ghost would score much higher than his opponents, as would BillCutting4585.
Meh. The fact that you think Ghost is smart tells me all I need to know about your judgment. Maybe for Alabama. Kind of like being called pretty in West Virginia. It's all relative.

Both parties suck. You spoke a truth there.

I choose the lesser of 2 evils. And yes, I know we disagree on which one is the lesser of two evils.

I would like to see us move to more of a European style republic, where there are multiple parties that form coalitions, and if things go to crap they can just call for a new election. But we can't get there, because 1)Americans have "us vs. them" ingrained in the culture, 2) none of us trust the other side enough to think they wouldn't try to pull a fast one, and 3) Those in power now would never accept a change that would dilute that power.

But a fella can dream.

The new coalitions and calling for new elections part has always bothered me. It gives too much power to the representatives and less to the electorate imo.

Maybe it's also just my preconceived notion based on history as well. Hitler came to power using such machinations. Continual votes of no confidence, new coalitions, election after election...and then somehow that SOB pulled off the unthinkable.

Again, perhaps it's just my ignorance on how they protect themselves against that sort of powergab today but that's always where my head goes when I think of European governance through coalitions.

Reactions: fsumc
A European style government is far from perfect, but I think it's a bit better than the current 2 party system. But yeah, the morons in DC would never go for it.

I am not against term limits per se, but I do have some reservations about constantly having rookies trying to run the country. I get the idea of wanting to get the old cronies out, I do, but to set up a system that replaces people just when they are starting to get the hang of things, I don't think that's better. Also, if the concern is that people are taking advantage of the system for personal gain, all that term limits would do is make people be much more aggressive in vote selling, etc, because they only have a short time frame in which to make their money.
Think about it like this, you may like AOC where I find her revolting. If we had term limits then she does her time and goes to pave way to a new generation and I don’t have to hear her open her mouth and say stupid shit 😂😂😂

In all honesty, I’ll take freshman over swamp rats any day.

Precisely the response expected form the member mostly likely to make such a response.
Sure thing Edna.

edna-Krabappel-simpsons-2000x1270-1-696x442.jpg

The new coalitions and calling for new elections part has always bothered me. It gives too much power to the representatives and less to the electorate imo.

Maybe it's also just my preconceived notion based on history as well. Hitler came to power using such machinations. Continual votes of no confidence, new coalitions, election after election...and then somehow that SOB pulled off the unthinkable.

Again, perhaps it's just my ignorance on how they protect themselves against that sort of powergab today but that's always where my head goes when I think of European governance through coalitions.
An economic collapse and horrible recovery were as much a part of Hitler’s recipe for takeover as well. An important indicator for every generation to learn from.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
I notice none of these Trumpers seem to be enjoying this economic recovery. In fact, hoping for a collapse that isn’t going to come.

Same ole miserable people that put party over country.

Explain what happens to the class when the government stops injecting money into the market
If you understood economics, the injections are needed to get the economy back on its feet until when they are no longer necessary. Why do you think the prior Administration did the same. This is a very Keynesian approach.

So what will happen? The economy will be fine. People will be back to work. We’ll be back to full employment Consumer spending will take over from government spending thus it will no longer be necessary. We’re pretty much there now, which is why I agree with eliminating the extended unemployment benefits. The budget deficit will decline. The key will be that the Fed may have to pump the brakes to keep the economy from overheating.

This is not a political issue, but an economic one.

Last edited:
Trumpers will ignore the economic miracle taking place.

Private payrolls rose more than expected in June as businesses sought out more workers to fill job openings present across the recovering economy.

ADP reported Wednesday morning that private payrolls increased by 692,000 in June for a sixth straight monthly rise. Consensus economists were looking for an increase of 600,000, according to Bloomberg consensus data. In May, private employment grew by 886,000 jobs, according to ADP's downwardly revised print.

Let's see: pandemic closed down the Country, millions lose job, economy dropped; pandemic restrictions lifted and Country starts opening back up, some of the people start going back to work, the economy rises. IT'S A MIRACLE !!!!!!!
This may be over your head, but what do you think would be happening to economy now if the stimulus programs hadn’t been enacted, unemployment benefits were allowed to expire, and people were being kicked out of their apartments and houses for failure to pay rent?

Let’s see what you’ve got, Negative Nancy.

I am not sure, but if no stimulus and no extra unemployment benefits, this would probably NOT happen:
MORE of the people who loss their jobs would have RETURNED to their job or would be ACTIVELY looking for a new job.
Yep. Which is why I agree its time to end the extra unemployment benefits. But you’re still dodging the question. And we all know why.

If you understood economics, the injections are needed to get the economy back on its feet where they are no longer necessary. Why do you think the prior Administration did the same. This is a very Keynesian approach.

So what will happen? The economy will be fine. People will be back to work. We’ll be back to full employment Consumer spending will take over from government spending thus it will no longer be necessary. We’re pretty much there now, which is why I agree with eliminating the extended unemployment benefits. The budget deficit will decline. The key will be that the Fed may have to pump the brakes to keep the economy from overheating.

This is not a political issue, but an economic one.
This may be over your head, but what do you think would be happening to economy now if the stimulus programs hadn’t been enacted, unemployment benefits were allowed to expire, and people were being kicked out of their apartments and houses for failure to pay rent?

Let’s see what you’ve got, Negative Nancy.
I would venture to say that had they shut off the unemployment benefits a lot sooner, people would go back to work. As it stands, people that aren’t working take full advantage of the unemployment benefits. All that’s needed is five contacts per week and they get paid more to sit at home.

I would venture to say that had they shut off the unemployment benefits a lot sooner, people would go back to work. As it stands, people that aren’t working take full advantage of the unemployment benefits. All that’s needed is five contacts per week and they get paid more to sit at home.
Again, I don’t disagree, but that doesn’t address the point. That actually has the opposite effect on the economy.

It seems all Righties care about is unemployed people getting benefits. Oh, the horror.

Again, I don’t disagree, but that doesn’t address the point. That actually has the opposite effect on the economy.

It seems all Righties care about is unemployed people getting benefits. Oh, the horror.
When incentivize people to stay home and live off the government, you’re god damn right it’s an issue

Reactions: EvilWayz
When incentivize people to stay home and live off the government, you’re god damn right it’s an issue
Are you dense? I never said it’s not an issue. In fact, I agreed it should be stopped.

But it doesn’t address THE issue you brought up. You guys are like parrots just repeating what you heard, without addressing the point raised.

jfegaly sees a test as a challenge. The slow sees a test as a "5th grade quiz." Most of us here know who would score higher in the intelligence quotient class room. How do we know? Both shout it to us with virtually every post.
Some people don’t continue to talk about some test they took 50 years ago. But I understand that is the highlight of your life. Me, I’ve aced much more difficult tests. And more importantly, have gone on to achieve even greater successes. But here’s your gold star, Poindexter.

Are you dense? I never said it’s not an issue. In fact, I agreed it should be stopped.

But it doesn’t address THE issue you brought up. You guys are like parrots just repeating what you heard, without addressing the point raised.
Here we go, you just cried last night that you can’t have a serious conversation with me and I told you I’d be civil if you changed your responses to me and you couldn’t go 24 hrs.

Here we go, you just cried last night that you can’t have a serious conversation with me and I told you I’d be civil if you changed your responses to me and you couldn’t go 24 hrs.
Well, when you can’t even stay on topic…….

Besides, it was only a question.

Uh oh, it’s happening…..

Trump Organization chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg surrendered to the Manhattan district attorney's office Thursday morning ahead of expected criminal charges against him and the company in connection with alleged tax crimes,

Foreign media now calling out China Joe as a vegetable 🌶 while our sycophantic media slobbers all over him

Foreign Media Skewer Joe Biden As ‘Barely Cogent,’ ‘Bizarre’​

US media is the devil. Foreign media is to be quoted.

Commie. Just sit back and enjoy the economic miracle and lack of drama. We now have a president that doesn’t feel the need to pick daily fights with the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT