ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

2023 Long Receptions:

Xzavier Henderson - L-78
Justin Shorter - L-75
Caleb Douglas - L-62
Ricky Pearsall - L-52
-----
TE Keon Zipper - L-44
RB Trevor Etienne - L-26

What affects the receivers performance stats?
HC/Staff's Weekly Game Plan
OC / Game Day Play Calling
QB's passing abilities - AR 53.83% - Miller 59.09%
WR's coach - TE's coach - RB's coach

There are some fast receivers among that 2023 WR's group.
And this quote from what many called a slow WR -
"I may be slow, but I somehow keep getting behind all of those fast DB's."
Doering's Got A TD....
For his career, he went on to catch 149 passes for 2,107 yards and an SEC-record 31 touchdowns. He finished it with a huge senior season in which he had 70 receptions, 17 that went for TDs.
And then he went on to get drafted and played 7 season in the NFL.

You want to compare our WRs number of long catches to some other SEC teams. I doubt the comparison would look good at all for the Gators.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
I wouldn't be surprised if we see Kyle Engel in there at some point if Mertz and Miller are really struggling.

who.gif

Honestly, didn’t even know that was a real person…no joke…
Kyle Engel helped guide St. Thomas Aquinas to the 2018 FHSAA Class 7A State Championships, finishing as runner up after a 13-2 season. He completed 67 percent of his passes with no interceptions as a senior… Selected to the 2018 Broward County All-Star Game… Received the 2018 FHSAA Class 7A Scholar Athlete Award and the 2018-19 Miami Dolphins Scholar Athlete Award. He was a two-time Maxpreps Offensive Player of the Game.

It sounds like Brown may have his work cut out for him to pass Engel on the depth chart. The same Engle who has real game experience in college unlike Brown at this point.

Where does this narrative that Billy is just....ignoring Brown?

There are a lot of odd narratives some of you are laying out as proven fact around this staff that don't make any sense beyond "I'm frustrated uuuughhhh DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!!"

Reactions: sadgator
It sounds like Brown may have his work cut out for him to pass Engel on the depth chart. The same Engle who has real game experience in college unlike Brown at this point.
The feveredbrain seems to have left out a lot of stuff.

QB Kyle Engel 6-1 190 - A no-stars WO per 247
College Offer List - Nobody --- UF let him walk on....

Max Preps HS Career Stats: 10 Gms over 2 seasons, (Jr 3 + Sr 7)
P - 23 of 42 for 66.7% for 401 Yds, 9 TD's to 0 Ints.
R - 6 for -7 Yds, -1.2 YPC, Zero TD's
Feel free to compare that to Max Brown's HS stats.... 🤓

At UF in 2022

Kyle Engle 6-1 190 rsSo
(in 3 years he's really physically developed himself... 🙄
Made collegiate debut in the home finale in Week 11 vs. South Carolina (Nov. 12).
His UF PDF Stats page lists 1 game appearance, with ZERO PASSING OR RUSHING.
I guess he handed the ball off for a play or two.....

So much for the feveredbrains big time college experience over Brown... LMFAO.... 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Gator Fever
We picked up quite a few from the transfer portal, but to me the only one with the Wow factor is the lineman from Baylor. Some of the other guys may pan out, but except for the Tulane RB none really have impressive stats.

The feveredbrain seems to have left out a lot of stuff.

QB Kyle Engel 6-1 190 - A no-stars WO per 247
College Offer List - Nobody --- UF let him walk on....

Max Preps HS Career Stats: 10 Gms over 2 seasons, (Jr 3 + Sr 7)
P - 23 of 42 for 66.7% for 401 Yds, 9 TD's to 0 Ints.
R - 6 for -7 Yds, -1.2 YPC, Zero TD's
Feel free to compare that to Max Brown's HS stats.... 🤓

At UF in 2022

Kyle Engle 6-1 190 rsSo
(in 3 years he's really physically developed himself... 🙄
Made collegiate debut in the home finale in Week 11 vs. South Carolina (Nov. 12).
His UF PDF Stats page lists 1 game appearance, with ZERO PASSING OR RUSHING.
I guess he handed the ball off for a play or two.....

So much for the feveredbrains big time college experience over Brown... LMFAO.... 😂

Which QB out of Engel and Brown was taking 2nd team snaps in scrimmages. Which QB is the one Napier said was pushing Kitna hard for the # 2 QB spot behind Richardson when Miller was out?

"Engel is very smart and has a good understanding of what we do and can move the team. This scrimmages showed he has the ability to move the team.”

Yet another prime example of the thinking by someone with fevered brains.... 🤗

Which QB out of Engel and Brown was taking 2nd team snaps in scrimmages. Which QB is the one Napier said was pushing Kitna hard for the # 2 QB spot behind Richardson when Miller was out?

JMOHO, but that's more of an indictment against the HC than it is against Brown.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Gator Fever
It’s interesting how there are all of these dynamic coaches out there immediately turning programs around in like 2 years and yet we are the only one on some nebulous 3 to 4 year “plan” and have to be “patient.” Wonder if Auburn fans will have to be “patient” this year? Of course we know the answer to that already….

And it would be somewhat easier to be patient and accept that there is a plan if year 1 plus under Napier hadn’t been an unmitigated disaster…which it was…and still is…

I think you are correct but I also think some situations are different. Norvell went from 3 to 5 to 10 wins and looks to have a top 10 next yr. So 3 to 4 yr plans CAN work..... but wow has it been bad so far lol I can see why you guys are frustrated

Reactions: sadgator
Recovery time for a torn Achilles tendon is quicker than it used to be but with that being said Waites is like 350 lbs. Recovery for him is probably going to take a little longer.

My brother tore his Achilles, you can recover from it quicker (that part is true) but you aren't 100% for quite some time after. That is hard injury to be 100% back to true form in less than a yr.....and my brother isn't 350 pounds

I think you are correct but I also think some situations are different. Norvell went from 3 to 5 to 10 wins and looks to have a top 10 next yr. So 3 to 4 yr plans CAN work..... but wow has it been bad so far lol I can see why you guys are frustrated

I think you have to show one pretty good season at least the first 3 years. If Norvell has a year 4 some think he might he appears to be working out. That early LSU game will probably determine if you are alive for a possible playoff berth at the end of the season.

Jim McElwain won 10 games playing in the sec but rode a cushy schedule. Norvell did the same this year.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Mullen did great his first 2 years and then flamed out. Others have done the same. And some have gone great their first 2 years and continued to do very good. I think it is a little too early to tell or judge. But it isn’t going to be easy for sure because the way the SEC recruits it’s no joke. There isn’t much margin for error. If we were in the ACC or the Big 12 etc it would be much easier for a turnaround. That’s just the truth of the matter as the competition isn’t as tough.

Mullen did great his first 2 years and then flamed out. Others have done the same. And some have gone great their first 2 years and continued to do very good. I think it is a little too early to tell or judge. But it isn’t going to be easy for sure because the way the SEC recruits it’s no joke. There isn’t much margin for error. If we were in the ACC or the Big 12 etc it would be much easier for a turnaround. That’s just the truth of the matter as the competition isn’t as tough.
sadgator desperately wants Napier to be successful…and to like him…and sadgator respects the fact that dudes play hard for him…but it just feels like…
charlie-brown.gif

I think you have to show one pretty good season at least the first 3 years. If Norvell has a year 4 some think he might he appears to be working out. That early LSU game will probably determine if you are alive for a possible playoff berth at the end of the season.

Lsu game is going to be tough. They have a lot of talent and have filled a ton of holes through the portal. They also have signed a few really good recruiting classes. Beyond them, we would have to play Clemson twice in the new format for the ACC.

Jim McElwain won 10 games playing in the sec but rode a cushy schedule. Norvell did the same this year.

I think one way to view progress is, did we do what we are supposed to do (regardless of skill level of opponent). We beat Miami 45 to 3 because we should have, we blew out bad teams and won some close games against LSU,Louisville, and UF. We were very injured mid yr when we had that 3 game losing streak ( think if we are healthy we win one of those). Granted we don't play teams like Vandy who beef up the schedule against us but I think we have some tough games.

Yeah FSUs schedule was ok this year. They only played 3 top 25 teams. They had 1 good win (LSU) and 3 so so losses against average teams and squeaked by to under .500 teams in UF and OU. I do think they had a decent team in 2022 but in 2023 they should be good/better but I think their schedule will likely be even worse as LSU and Clemson will probably be the only top 25 teams on their schedule with Clemson maybe even being worse next year than this year.

I think one way to view progress is, did we do what we are supposed to do (regardless of skill level of opponent). We beat Miami 45 to 3 because we should have, we blew out bad teams and won some close games against LSU,Louisville, and UF. We were very injured mid yr when we had that 3 game losing streak ( think if we are healthy we win one of those). Granted we don't play teams like Vandy who beef up the schedule against us but I think we have some tough games.
FSU schedule was soft, no way to dance around it. You guys not good enough to overlook anyone including vandy.....next year your schedule looks to be even softer.

Heard he was likely going there. I wonder if he will be mad if he didn't get what the connected O linemen got to go there.

Gators Pick Up Two Transfer Players​

Tulane RB Cameron Carroll transfers to Florida​

The 6-0, 225-pound running back was originally a member of the 2018 recruiting class, playing high school ball at Northwest Ranklin High School in Flowood, Mississippi.

Carroll spent the next five seasons with the Green Wave, totaling 1,885 yards from scrimmage and 24 touchdowns.

Carroll is already registered and enrolled into the University of Florida and should be with the team shortly.

He has one year of eligibility remaining, unless he is granted a medical redshirt for the 2022 season.

The addition of Carroll gives Florida four scholarship running backs entering the 2023 season.
https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/tulane-rb-cameron-carroll-transfers-to-florida/

Houston LB transfer Mannie Nunnery commits to Florida​

Nunnery isn’t enrolled at Florida just yet, but that should be coming shortly. He has two years of eligibility remaining.

The 6-2, 225-pound linebacker spent four seasons with the Cougars, totaling 127 tackles (48 solo), 3.5 sacks, two pass deflections, and one forced fumble.

Nunnery spent most of his first three seasons as a reserve linebacker and special teams player. In 2021, Nunnery led Houston in special teams snaps with 244, posting a grade of 67.3, according to Pro Football Focus.

In 2022, Nunnery played in nine games at linebacker, totaling 354 defensive snaps in that span. His defensive grade of 73.2 ranked 9th on Houston’s defense.

Nunnery played Safety in HS. His coverage grade of 77.5 ranked 3rd on the team, an impressive figure for a linebacker.

NOTE - Maybe he can cover a TE.

https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/houston-lb-transfer-mannie-nunnery-commits-to-florida/

Reactions: PacoGator19

Kam Pringle, 2024 OT, Dorchester, South Carolina (Woodland HS), #46 nationally, #1 offensive tackle, and #1 in SC​

Four-star Dorchester (SC.) offensive tackle Kam Pringle committed to the South Carolina Gamecocks on Sunday afternoon. He is the No. 1 offensive tackle in the class and the No. 1 player in South Carolina. He chose the Gamecocks over the Clemson Tigers, Florida Gators, Georgia Bulldogs, Tennessee Volunteers, and NC State Wolfpack. Pringle said he chose South Carolina because of the people and how the coaches made him feel at home.
https://mikefarrellsports.com/recru...ghts-top-five-and-other-prospects-in-the-news

Last edited:

Transfer Portal 2023: Winners and losers from offseason's first window​

Interesting article​

WINNER: CONTENDERS WITH NEEDS​

Georgia – Added the No. 1 wide receiver, Dominic Lovett, from Missouri and the No. 3 wide receiver, RaRa Thomas, from Mississippi State.​

FSU & LSU Highly Ranked - lucky Gators - we play both of them !

LOSER: SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS
When you look at the top 50 of the 247Sports transfer portal rankings, you see a lot of former SC players:

No. 8 – Jaheim Bell, TE, Florida State
No. 9 – Jordan Burch, EDGE, Oregon
No. 42 – MarShawn Lloyd, RB, USC
No. 44 – Gilber Edmond, EDGE, Florida State

Those are four, upper-level starting players departing after a good season for the Gamecocks, and they didn’t want to lose any of them.
There are many reasons you could speculate as to why the departures occurred – NIL absolutely played a role with all four.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/L...U-Auburn-Deion-Sanders-203263131/#203263131_1

Boy, that’s a sad little list right there…

(no offense to those on it)…

I think Banks might become a good player looking at his little bit of playing time so far. Jackson and the Guard are probably the only 2 that we know are good enough for SEC play already.

Alabama announces plans for NIL hub called The Advantage Center​

Don't think NIL recognizes Copywrite Infringement; our NIL not working too well; maybe we should take a look at Bama's program.

I think Learfield does Radio with all SEC Schools; they will probably be trying to market their NIL Hub as well.

Alabama announced Tuesday it has extended its multimedia rights partnership with the media, data and technology services company LEARFIELD through a 15-year agreement. The agreement includes the creation of an NIL hub called The Advantage Center.

A press release said The Advantage Center will serve as the “epicenter” for more than 600 athletes’ NIL activities.

The Advantage Center will include a “team of dedicated staff to provide education and resources for student-athletes with respect to NIL opportunities, as well as a location to showcase successful local and national NIL relationships.”
https://www.on3.com/nil/news/alabam...mage-likeness-learfield-the-advantage-center/

Last edited:

Alabama announces plans for NIL hub called The Advantage Center​

Don't think NIL recognizes Copywrite Infringement; our NIL not working too well; maybe we should take a look at Bama's program.

Alabama announced Tuesday it has extended its multimedia rights partnership with the media, data and technology services company LEARFIELD through a 15-year agreement. The agreement includes the creation of an NIL hub called The Advantage Center.

A press release said The Advantage Center will serve as the “epicenter” for more than 600 athletes’ NIL activities.

The Advantage Center will include a “team of dedicated staff to provide education and resources for student-athletes with respect to NIL opportunities, as well as a location to showcase successful local and national NIL relationships.”
https://www.on3.com/nil/news/alabam...mage-likeness-learfield-the-advantage-center/

Useless for most probably except the top players by giving them the contact info for big booster funded NIL.

Useless for most probably except the top players by giving them the contact info for big booster funded NIL.
Fever,

I don't believe all the blame for the Rashada Incident falls on us; but I do think we are not doing NIL as well as some of the other SEC schools.

As stated, I think Learfield does Radio with all SEC Schools; so they will probably be trying to market their NIL Hub (to UF) as well.

It may well be of limited use to UF; but Bama found it useful, so listening to their pitch, can't do us any harm.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Fever,

I don't believe all the blame for the Rashada Incident falls on us; but I do think we are not doing NIL as well as some of the other SEC schools.

As stated, I think Learfield does Radio with all SEC Schools; so they will probably be trying to market their NIL Hub (to UF) as well.

It may well be of limited use to UF; but Bama found it useful, so listening to their pitch, can't do us any harm.

Very few football players are making decent NIL from anything other than big booster funded deals. Crap like that is for public relations etc. Just like the NFL most of the few big market based deals would be to big name QBs and well known players etc. Someone like Bryce Young is cleaning up and Richardson due to his media exposure got some big deals. I doubt the current 2023 Gators have anyone that could get a real big NIL deal without the big boosters funding it.

FSU schedule was soft, no way to dance around it. You guys not good enough to overlook anyone including vandy.....next year your schedule looks to be even softer.

I like when the narratives are built in advance like this. I don't think we had a "difficult" schedule by any means but what's really the difference between our 2 schedules? You played Tenn we played Clemson (they are similar), we both played LSU, we played each other. NC state and Scar are similar (before Leary got hurt). You did play Utah and UGA and we have no one to compare evenly to those 2 but Utah is vastly overrated.

USF, Eastern WA, Vandy, A and M, Missouri are all terrible teams, Kentucky and SCAR are up and down teams. I will admit SCAR was playing its best ball when you played them. So basically you had 1 and a half games "tougher" than us. UGA is a tough game, we would lose that. Honestly though, if we played your schedule last yr, we are still 9 and 3 imo. We would lose to UGA (badly), Tenn, and probably drop one more. We beat LSU, we would have beat Utah, and we probably drop a random game like SCAR or Kentucky. I don't see a difference in our overall record. We lost 3 in a row to 3 ranked teams at the time when we had like 6 of our main starters out due to injury and J Trav was hobbled with a high ankle sprain.

I think we were a solid top 20 team, we ended at 11 (may have been too high) but I just don't see a difference in our record if we had played your schedule.

Portal 1-24-23 - Innies (9) and Outies (22) / to NFL (10) De-commits (10)

Innies - 9

DT/DE Caleb Banks 6-7 300 - Louisville (3-E)
2022 - 38 snaps, 2 Tkls, 1 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 FF

NT/DT Cam'Ron Jackson 6-5 340 - Memphis (2-E)
2022 - 41 Tkl, 20 QBH, 1 Sac,

QB Graham Mertz - Wisconsin (2-E)
4 Yrs, 3 as starter - 59% - 38 TD's - 26 Ints - 23 Sacks

LB Teradja Mitchell - tOSU (1-E)
3 ST's seasons, then 2021 starter - 45 Tkl, 4.5 TFL - 2022 4 Gms & injured.

LB Deuce Spurlock 6-1 231 rsFr - Mich (4-E)

LB Mannie Nunnery rsJr - Houston (2-E)
2022 - 34 Tkl, 2 TFL, 1 Sac, 1 PBU

LG Micah Mazzccua - Baylor starter (3-E)

OT Damieon George - Bama (2-E)

RB Cameron Carroll Grad-Sr - Tulane (1-E)
==========

Portal Outies - 22

DT Jalen Lee - LSU
OLB Diwun Black - Temple
Edge David Reese - Cal
Edge Chief Borders - Neb
Edge Lloyd Summerall III - USF
CB Avery Helm - TCU
CB Jordan Young - Cincy
Star Tre'Vez Johnson - Mizzou
DB Kamar Wilcoxson - Temple
FS Donovan McMillon - Pitt
FS Corey Collier Jr - Neb
LS Marco Ortiz - Neb
-----
RT Michael Tarquin - USCw
LG Ethan White - USCw
RB Nay'Quan Wright - USF
RB Lorenzo Lingard - Akron
WR Trent Whittemore - UCF
WR Daejon Reynolds - Pitt
TE Nick Elksnis - USCe
TE Griffin McDowell - TN-Chat
OG/OT Josh Braun - Ark
OL Yousef Mugharbil - Colo

16 of the 22 Florida players to transfer this offseason wound up at Power 5 programs and four remain in the SEC.
=====

Players leaving to the NFL - 10
QB Anthony Richardson - ED to NFL
DT Gervon Dexter - ED to NFL
RG O'Cyrus Torrence - ED to NFL
FS Rashad Torrence II - ED to NFL
WR Justin Shorter - ED to NFL
LT Richard Gourage - ED to NFL (eligible for CoV 6th Yr)
-----
ILB Ventrell Miller - to NFL
ILB Amari Burney - to NFL
SS Trey Dean III - to NFL
WDE Brenton Cox Jr - to NFL - dismissed in Oct
=====

Recruit De-commits: 10

TE Mac Markway **** - flip to LSU
WR Creed Whittemore **** - flip to MsSt
OG/C Tommy Kinsler *** - flip to scUM
WR Tyree Patterson *** - flip to UCF
-----
WR Raymond Cottrell **** - ?? FSU
WR Darren Lawrence *** - ?? FSU
DE Isaiah Nixon **** - ?? UCF
QB Marcus Stokes *** - ?? PSU
FS Shawn Russ *** - ?? AzSt
QB Jaden Rashada **** - ??

I like when the narratives are built in advance like this. I don't think we had a "difficult" schedule by any means but what's really the difference between our 2 schedules? You played Tenn we played Clemson (they are similar), we both played LSU, we played each other. NC state and Scar are similar (before Leary got hurt). You did play Utah and UGA and we have no one to compare evenly to those 2 but Utah is vastly overrated.

USF, Eastern WA, Vandy, A and M, Missouri are all terrible teams, Kentucky and SCAR are up and down teams. I will admit SCAR was playing its best ball when you played them. So basically you had 1 and a half games "tougher" than us. UGA is a tough game, we would lose that. Honestly though, if we played your schedule last yr, we are still 9 and 3 imo. We would lose to UGA (badly), Tenn, and probably drop one more. We beat LSU, we would have beat Utah, and we probably drop a random game like SCAR or Kentucky. I don't see a difference in our overall record. We lost 3 in a row to 3 ranked teams at the time when we had like 6 of our main starters out due to injury and J Trav was hobbled with a high ankle sprain.

I think we were a solid top 20 team, we ended at 11 (may have been too high) but I just don't see a difference in our record if we had played your schedule.
Seriously? South Carolina handled the best team in your conference. Your W over LSU was a very fortunate win and it was LSU's first game with a brand new coach. Utah? Yes, Utah was better. Gators would not beat them again. We were fortunate to get them at home with our first game. So really it would come down to could fsu beat vandy at vandy. Absolutely, but again not good enough to count any sure Ws. Gators had a shot in the end on your field....No narrative has changed. nolies were better than Florida last year, but not by much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT