ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

This was posted on another site. I just copied and pasted.

PFF grade on passes thrown 20+ yards

Graham Mertz: 94.3
Anthony Richardson: 93.1

PFF grade on passes thrown from 10-19 yards

Graham Mertz: 76.6
Anthony Richardson: 85.8

PFF grade on passes thrown between 0-9 yards

Graham Mertz: 54.5
Anthony Richardson: 33.8

Percentage of pressures turned into sacks

Graham Mertz: 22.3%
Anthony Richardson: 9.2%

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
Hopefully he gets serious now. Sometimes a change will motivate the player.
Naw, he'll just get pushed around by the 6-8's already on the Gator's OL roster. But at least at 305, he should be able to run away from them.....
😁

Kiyaunta Goodwin 6-8 305

Kamryn Waites 6-8 373

Jordan herman 6-8 370

Ocala, those stats don't take into account the SEC defenses that AR-15 was going against....

ESPN Stats for 2022:

Graham Mertz 6-3 216 - In his 4th season, his 3rd as Wis starter.
P - 164 of 286 57.3% for 2,136 Yds, 19 TD's, 10 Ints, L-74 - QBR 135.0 - 23 Sacks
R - 50 for -40 Yds, -0.8 YPC, 2 TD's

Anthony Richardson 6-4 232 - In his first season as UF starter.
P - 176 of 327 53.8% for 2,549 Yds, 17 TD's, 9 Ints, L-78 - QBR 131.0 - 13 Sacks

R - 103 for 654 Yds, 6.3 YPC, 9 TD's

Last edited:
GBO,

Why is it legal to compose, record, & market the song - but not to sing it ?

Napier, as the thread pointed out, turned a molehill into a mountain for his own purposes.

Right after Rashada committed (for the supposed pile of NIL$$$), Napier created the incident so he could dump Stokes, get Rashada & save a scholly.
If he did it mainly for that reason then he got exactly what he deserved.

Cormani to Colorado. Wouldn't surprise me if Rashada ends up there eventually if not some other PAC 12 school.

Ocala, those stats don't take into account the SEC defenses that AR-15 was going against....

ESPN Stats for 2022:

P - 164 of 286 57.3% for 2,136 Yds, 19 TD's, 10 Ints, L-74 - QBR 135.0 - 23 Sacks

P - 176 of 327 53.8% for 2,549 Yds, 17 TD's, 9 Ints, L-78 - QBR 131.0 - 13 Sacks

I don't think Mertz is the answer, but outside of georgia who the heck played defense in the SEC? I didn't see much of it.

This was posted on another site. I just copied and pasted.

PFF grade on passes thrown 20+ yards

Graham Mertz: 94.3
Anthony Richardson: 93.1

PFF grade on passes thrown from 10-19 yards

Graham Mertz: 76.6
Anthony Richardson: 85.8

PFF grade on passes thrown between 0-9 yards

Graham Mertz: 54.5
Anthony Richardson: 33.8

Percentage of pressures turned into sacks

Graham Mertz: 22.3%
Anthony Richardson: 9.2%

The last stat is the one we will notice most in moving from AR to Mertz

Cormani to Colorado. Wouldn't surprise me if Rashada ends up there eventually if not some other PAC 12 school.

So Colorado now has the top CB from this class and last year’s as well

As much as I want to laugh at Deion, he is doing something right

Does Colo have a policy on attending class, since they hired Neon Deion???

On Aug. 16, Sanders received a degree from Talladega College in Alabama.
He completed the FASTtrack program, which is a program designed for adults that have a busy lifestyle (and don't want to attend classes).
During a ceremony, Sanders addressed his classmates and talked about the journey toward getting his degree. “I got mine. It may be 30 years later, but I got mine.

And I just wonder how much he had to pay them to GIVE him a degree???

Does Colo have a policy on attending class, since they hired Neon Deion???

On Aug. 16, Sanders received a degree from Talladega College in Alabama.
He completed the FASTtrack program, which is a program designed for adults that have a busy lifestyle (and don't want to attend classes).
During a ceremony, Sanders addressed his classmates and talked about the journey toward getting his degree. “I got mine. It may be 30 years later, but I got mine.

And I just wonder how much he had to pay them to GIVE him a degree???

Any of this is relevant how other than you spewing hate for Deion?

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Any of this is relevant how other than you spewing hate for Deion?

Not worth a real reply dunderhead, now go soak your over-sensitive head before posting again on a GATOR board about some long past FSUcks football dreg....

dreg: 1 n a small amount of residue Type of: small indefinite amount , small indefinite quantity an indefinite quantity that is below average size or magnitude

😂
🤣
😂

I wonder if there will be another media deal like that one CB got as I dont think CO boosters are shelling NIL out much. I think he burned his bridges with Ruiz.

I wonder if there will be another media deal like that one CB got as I dont think CO boosters are shelling NIL out much. I think he burned his bridges with Ruiz.

I think when it comes to CB, they are playing for the GOAT of CB.

YeS, Colorado NIL is very limited unless Barstool is footing this bill

Reactions: Gator Fever

ESPN Stats for 2022:

Never said they did. I just copied and pasted for people do with as they wished. I was never a Richardson fan and I watched Mertz play several games at Wisconsin and wasn't impressed. He's not mobile and doesn't handle pressure well. I'm hoping Miller or Brown emerges as the better QB over spring and fall practices, but I have to think Napier brought in Mertz to be the starter and doubt it will work out well if that happens.

Never said they did. I just copied and pasted for people do with as they wished. I was never a Richardson fan and I watched Mertz play several games at Wisconsin and wasn't impressed. He's not mobile and doesn't handle pressure well. I'm hoping Miller or Brown emerges as the better QB over spring and fall practices, but I have to think Napier brought in Mertz to be the starter and doubt it will work out well if that happens.

If he isn't better than Miller we are looking at 6-6 again. Even 7-5 would be out of reach probably.

Not worth a real reply dunderhead, now go soak your over-sensitive head before posting again on a GATOR board about some long past FSUcks football dreg....

dreg: 1 n a small amount of residue Type of: small indefinite amount , small indefinite quantity an indefinite quantity that is below average size or magnitude

😂
🤣
😂
So you have a “real” college degree and Deion without one has made probably $100 million and signed multi-million dollar deals in about half a dozen different professions? Shows you how much the “real” degree is worth.

• Haha

Florida Gators recruiting visitors list: Junior day January 21st​

The Florida Gators will host their second junior day of the year on Saturday as Billy Napier and his staff turn their attention to the 2024 class and beyond.

Several visitors were on campus last weekend for junior day including several prospects that the Gators offered while on campus from the state of Florida.

This weekend the Gators will host double-digit prospects on campus including several prospects that will be on campus for the first time.

What strikes me is that Napier refuses to recognize any state boundaries when recruiting.
Bama & UGA have been pulling in Florida recruits for years; Billy is now returning the favor.
We are now actively recruiting players for 2025 - nowhere near as well as UGA, but after their back to back Natties that is perhaps to be expected.

Tight ends coming to town
2024 Tight end Kylan Fox (6-4, 208, Loganville, GA. Grayson)
2024 tight end Caleb Odom (6-5, 205, Carrollton, GA. High)

Top defensive targets to visit
Defensive lineman Malik Blocton (6-3, 268, Pike Road, AL. High)
Outside linebacker/rush end Adarius Hayes (6-4, 210, Largo, FL. High)
Defensive back Travaris Banks (6-1, 190, Tuscaloosa, AL. Northridge)

Two commits coming to town
Running back commit Chauncey Bowens and linebacker commit Myles Graham
will both be on campus this weekend. Both prospects have been on campus multiple times already and Graham is one of the more vocal recruiters of the class with quarterback commit DJ Lagway who plans to be on campus next weekend.

The Gators will also host several 2025 prospects on campus this weekend and a 2026 prospect will also make the trip. The following guys plan to visit Gainesville this weekend.

2025 RB Anthony Rogers
2025 DL Gavin Nix
2026 DL Bryce Perry-Wright
2025 LB Tarvos Alford

Fuller writeups available at -
https://www.gatorcountry.com/featur...uiting-visitors-list-junior-day-january-21st/

Reactions: Nicktheslick

Gators pledge DJ Lagway on the prospect of reclassifying for 2023​

When the Rashada stupidity first broke, I suggested that this might happen - every one laughed; now what ?

Another thought - basically a selfish move by the Gators - screw up his SR year in HS & basically admit that Gators & Napier screwed up their QB recruiting.

Better for Lagway to stay in place & Gators to take their lumps - if necessary.
Miller, Mertz, or Brown can hand the ball off & make a few short completions. A very pedestrian & predictable offense but Kirby & UGA survived that for a few years (& beat us while doing so), we can too.

For next year, fixing the Defense more important - that was Kirby's 1st move - being a DC @ Bama may have had something to do with it. But in a low scoring game, we have a chance.
New DC & other staff changes - QBC/OC ?
https://www.on3.com/teams/florida-g...ay-on-the-prospect-of-reclassifying-for-2023/

Last edited:
Reactions: gatordad3

Gators pledge DJ Lagway on the prospect of reclassifying for 2023​

When the Rashada stupidity first broke, I suggested that this might happen - every one laughed; now what ?

Another thought - basically a selfish move by the Gators - screw up his SR year in HS & basically admit that Gators & Napier screwed up their QB recruiting.

Better for Lagway to stay in place & Gators to take their lumps - if necessary.
Miller, Mertz, or Brown can hand the ball off & make a few short completions. A very pedestrian & predictable offense but Kirby & UGA survived that for a few years (& beat us while doing so), we can too.

For next year, fixing the Defense more important - that was Kirby's 1st move - being a DC @ Bama may have had something to do with it. But in a low scoring game, we have a chance.
New DC & other staff changes - QBC/OC ?
https://www.on3.com/teams/florida-g...ay-on-the-prospect-of-reclassifying-for-2023/

Not having a young blue chip QB being a 2nd year player in 2024 has really put Napier in a bind. That is supposed to be the year to move forward to a contending season. Hard to see a 9-3 season with that.

Rashada was no big loss imo.
However, if he loses Brown to baseball, then that's gonna leave an ugly mark on his butt...
🤓

Rashada - 2023 HS Sr, 14 Games: (a way over-rated 5-star)

P - 211 of 338, 62.4% for 3,055 Yds, 14.5 Ave, 32 TD's, 13 Ints, QBR 107.3
R - 68 for 419 Yds, 6.2 YPC, 7 TD's, 1 LPF on 68 runs.
Total Off - 406 Plays for 3,461 Yds, 8.52 Yds/Play, 39 TD's to 14 TO's.

Brown - 2022 HS Sr, 14 Games: (a way under-rated 3-star)

P - 167 of 235 71.1% for 2,750 Yds, 16.5 Ave, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
R - 173 for 1,343 Yds, 7.8 YPC, 20 TD's, ZERO LPF's on 173 runs....
Total Off - 408 Plays for 4,093 Yds, 10.03 Yds/Play, 61 TD's to 4 TO's.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
Just the numbers ma'am,,,, +7 innies, and -29 outies....

Innie: 7
QB-pp Graham Mertz

LG Micah Mazzccua - Baylor
OT Damieon George Jr - Alabama

LB Teradja Mitchell - tOSU
ILB Deuce Spurlock - Mich

DT Caleb Banks - Louisville
NT/DT Cam'Ron Jackson - Memphis

Outies: 23 xfer, (+ 6 NFL)
QB-dt Anthony Richardson - NFL
QB-pp Jalen Kitna - Dismissed
(QB-dt Max Brown to O'Sul/Baseball, still listed on football roster)

RB Nay'Quan Wright - USF
RB Lorenzo Lingard - Akron

WR Trent Whittemore - UCF
~ WR Creed Whittemore - flipped to MsSt
WR Daejon Reynolds - Pitt

TE Nick Elksnis - SCa
TE Griffin McDowell - TN-Chat.

LT Michael Gouraige - NFL
RG O'Cyrus Torrence - NFL
RT Michael Tarquin - USCw
LG Ethan White - In Portal
OL Yousef Mugharbil - Colo
OL Josh Braun - Ark
-----
CB Avery Helm - TCU
CB Jordan Young - Cincy

Nic Tre'Vez Johnson - Mizz
DB Kamar Wilcoxson - Temple

S Donovan McMillon - Pitt
S Corey Collier Jr - Neb

LS Marco Ortiz - Neb

ILB Ventrell Miller - NFL
ILB Amari Burney - NFL
LB Diwun Black - Temple

DE David Reese - Cal
DE Chief Borders - Neb
DE Lloyd Summerall III - USF

DT Gervon Dexter - NFL
DT Jalen Lee - LSU

Last edited:
Just the numbers ma'am,,,, +7 innies, and -29 outies....

Innie: 7
QB-pp Graham Mertz

LG Micah Mazzccua - Baylor
OT Damieon George Jr - Alabama

LB Teradja Mitchell - tOSU
ILB Deuce Spurlock 6-1 231

DT Caleb Banks - Louisville
NT/DT Cam'Ron Jackson - Memphis

Outies: 23 xfer, (+ 6 NFL)
QB-dt Anthony Richardson - NFL
QB-pp Jalen Kitna - Dismissed
(QB-dt Max Brown to O'Sul/Baseball, still listed on football roster)

RB Nay'Quan Wright - USF
RB Lorenzo Lingard - Akron

WR Trent Whittemore - UCF
~ WR Creed Whittemore - flipped to MsSt
WR Daejon Reynolds - In Portal

TE Nick Elksnis - SCa
TE Griffin McDowell - TN-Chat.

LT Michael Gouraige - NFL
RG O'Cyrus Torrence - NFL
RT Michael Tarquin - USCw
LG Ethan White - In Portal
OL Yousef Mugharbil - Colo
OL Josh Braun - Ark
-----
CB Avery Helm - TCU
CB Jordan Young - Cincy

Nic Tre'Vez Johnson - Mizz
DB Kamar Wilcoxson - Temple

S Donovan McMillon - Pitt
S Corey Collier Jr - Neb

LS Marco Ortiz - Neb

ILB Ventrell Miller - NFL
ILB Amari Burney - NFL
LB Diwun Black - Temple

DE David Reese - Cal
DE Chief Borders - Neb
DE Lloyd Summerall III - USF

DT Gervon Dexter - NFL
DT Jalen Lee - LSU

We at least got a few good players for the O line and DT. Didn't address QB and WR like I would have hoped though.

Not having a young blue chip QB being a 2nd year player in 2024 has really put Napier in a bind. That is supposed to be the year to move forward to a contending season. Hard to see a 9-3 season with that.
Fever,

The Rashada fiasco made us take a step backwards. Even if he had showed up, I don't think he was all that - we just thought he could be bought.

We have survived worse things; at least we seem to have an organized recruiting structure & a staff that takes it seriously.

We will not dislodge UGA, Bama, LSU, etc easily, but at least we are moving forward.

If it was easy to win SEC football games, every school would join.

Lincoln Riley so scared; he ran off to USCw rather than take the Sooners into the SEC - & he still can't win the "Big Games" - Utah !

I am as fickle as everyone else on this board & expect instant results - but I / we need to accept that it isn't going to happen overnight !

Too many teams with too big a head start & a more effective NIL programs; it will take time to overcome their lead.

Last edited:
Fever,

The Rashada fiasco has made us take a step backwards. Even if he had showed up, I don't think he was all that - we just thought he could be bought.

We have survived worse things; at least we seem to have an organized recruiting structure & a staff that takes it seriously.

We will not dislodge UGA, Bama, LSU, etc easily, but at least we are moving forward.

If it was easy to win SEC football games, every school would join.

Lincoln Riley so scared; he ran off to USCw rather than take the Sooners into the SEC - & he still can't win the "Big Games" - Utah !

I am as fickle as everyone else of this board & expect instant results - but I / we need to accept that isn't going to happen !

Too many teams with too big a head start & a more effective NIL programs.

Kirby Smart and Saban showed how easy it is to come to a new SEC team and start dominating in short order. I will admit they have certain advantages over us right now though.

IMO don’t need a WR now with Pearsall coming back + the 3 incoming WR recruits. The WR group will be better in 2023 than it was in 2022.
Paco,

Agree !

I have always felt that WR was the one position where a true Fr, if he has the hands, the speed, & the moves, could actually contribute - even if he doesn't fully know the playbook & can't block.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Just like most offenses we will be as good as the QB can lead us. But I do like some of the pieces in the offense. We are loaded at RB. I like Pearsall and think Caleb Douglas is going to take a big step. I think our oline will be ok. I do wish Eugene Wilson was a spring enrollee because I think he could of seen the field in game 1. The TE room is bad but there is maybe some hope with Boardingham. He’s a great athlete.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Just like most offenses we will be as good as the QB can lead us. But I do like some of the pieces in the offense. We are loaded at RB. I like Pearsall and think Caleb Douglas is going to take a big step. I think our oline will be ok. I do wish Eugene Wilson was a spring enrollee because I think he could of seen the field in game 1. The TE room is bad but there is maybe some hope with Boardingham. He’s a great athlete.

Yep if we are going to have a TE actually be a threat as a receiver it would probably have to be him.

Reactions: PacoGator19
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT