ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

FSU is certainly improved from the previous year but it is a fact that they only had 1 top 25 win. They are hanging their hat on that win against LSU which was a good win but to your point it was the first game of the season with a brand new coach for LSU. They caught them early. They likely don’t win that game if it was played anywhere from the middle to the end of the season.

Tulane beat USCw as well.....whoof

Numbers, in 2022 Tulane beat #24 Cincy in the regular season.

Then going 11-2 with a 45 - 28 win over #22 UCF for the AAC-C

Then they beat #10 USCw in the bowl 46 - 45.
Tulane Finished 12-2.

They had 3 wins over Top 25 teams,
including beating a Top 10 in the bowl.
Snivel/Snivel, to 1 Top 25 win for FSUcks.... 😜

Reactions: fsu939913
Seriously? South Carolina handled the best team in your conference. Your W over LSU was a very fortunate win and it was LSU's first game with a brand new coach. Utah? Yes, Utah was better. Gators would not beat them again. We were fortunate to get them at home with our first game. So really it would come down to could fsu beat vandy at vandy. Absolutely, but again not good enough to count any sure Ws. Gators had a shot in the end on your field....No narrative has changed. nolies were better than Florida last year, but not by much.

Clemson lost to Scar but Scar was not the better team. They just played much better that day as Clemson was going through that QB transition.

Yes we got LSU early, but they got us early as well. Benson and Johnny didn't even really play in that game because they were new. We also fumbled a pitch on the goal line with a minute left and should have won by 2 TDs, that game was no whwere near as close as the score showed. We would be 9 and 3 in the SEC last yr with your schedule in my opinion. Scar and kentucky had their moments and i even said i could see us splitting those 2. I just don't see a difference besides a guaranteed loss to UGA and probably Tenn (although Tenn showed weakness at times, still think they would score at will on us). As far as our game against you guys, I think you guys played well and had a good matchup against us (running the ball). Next we will have LSU to start and probably play Clemson twice. I don't think that is easy. We also play you guys, I do think our conference schedule is weaker next yr tho. A lot of ACC Qbs moved on and we had a lot stay.

Last edited:
FSU is certainly improved from the previous year but it is a fact that they only had 1 top 25 win. They are hanging their hat on that win against LSU which was a good win but to your point it was the first game of the season with a brand new coach for LSU. They caught them early. They likely don’t win that game if it was played anywhere from the middle to the end of the season.

I think what's holding us back the most is our DC. He just allows teams to do what they do well. That's scary against competent offenses. That's why I think we would struggle badly against a team like Tenn. LSU vs Fsu gunna be a war to start the year. Excited for that game to see how both teams play.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Possible UGA QB Transfer after Spring Practice

Unlike our QB Room, UGA is loaded at the QB position with three highly recruited players.
I think the odd man out - QB3 will look elsewhere for playing time after Spring Practice.

Dawgs currently have on the roster -

Carson Beck - RS JR-Class of 2020, 4-star, No. 5 pro-style QB

Brock Vandagriff - RS Soph-Class of 2021, 5-star, No. 4 QB

Gunner Stockton - RS Fresh-Class of 2022, 4-star, No. 7 QB

Several "Dawg Experts" think the reason Beck stayed put behind Stetson Bennett is because he was QB2 & the proverbial "1 play away" from taking over, plus Kirby told him that he was next up ,

Either Vandagriff or Stockton would look good in Orange & Blue.

https://ugawire.usatoday.com/lists/...carson-beck-gunner-stockton-brock-vandagriff/

M
ost assume Carson Beck will get the first crack as the starting QB next season. The former four-star recruit served as Bennett’s backup and played well in the seven games he was called to action, completing an exceptional 74.3% of his passes for 310 yards and four touchdowns compared to no interceptions. Beck even got some run in the National Title game against TCU, going 2/3 for 31 yards through the air.

https://www.sportstalkatl.com/who-will-be-the-starting-qb-for-georgia-in-2023/

Last edited:
Rumors that OT transfer Keyaunta Goodwin is going to commit to UF. Keeping fingers crossed

I wanted him bad out of high school. Heard he put on weight but freshman lineman can change their bodies so fast. If he works hard, he can be dominant in a yr or 2

Jeff, unless Brown doesn't take part in Spring ball to remain with O'Sul in baseball, I don't want no 'Stinkin' UGly Xfer QB's....

But if it's Mertz or Miller only, then I'd take any xfer from anywhere, or elevate any of the WO QB's...

And if Brown doesn't take part in Spring football, then he needs to either stay with baseball permanent, or xfer out to get a chance to play football elsewhere....
JMOHO's as always.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
I wanted him bad out of high school. Heard he put on weight but freshman lineman can change their bodies so fast. If he works hard, he can be dominant in a yr or 2
Yes he did put on some bad weight. He’s already lost 20-30 pounds supposedly based on people that saw him in Gainesville over the weekend. Latest reports is UK has now tried very hard to keep him.

Portal 1-24-23 - Innies (9) and Outies (22) / to NFL (10) De-commits (10)

Innies - 9

DT/DE Caleb Banks 6-7 300 - Louisville (3-E)
2022 - 38 snaps, 2 Tkls, 1 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 FF

NT/DT Cam'Ron Jackson 6-5 340 - Memphis (2-E)
2022 - 41 Tkl, 20 QBH, 1 Sac,

QB Graham Mertz - Wisconsin (2-E)
4 Yrs, 3 as starter - 59% - 38 TD's - 26 Ints - 23 Sacks

LB Teradja Mitchell - tOSU (1-E)
3 ST's seasons, then 2021 starter - 45 Tkl, 4.5 TFL - 2022 4 Gms & injured.

LB Deuce Spurlock 6-1 231 rsFr - Mich (4-E)

LB Mannie Nunnery rsJr - Houston (2-E)
2022 - 34 Tkl, 2 TFL, 1 Sac, 1 PBU

LG Micah Mazzccua - Baylor starter (3-E)

OT Damieon George - Bama (2-E)

RB Cameron Carroll Grad-Sr - Tulane (1-E)
==========

Portal Outies - 22

DT Jalen Lee - LSU
OLB Diwun Black - Temple
Edge David Reese - Cal
Edge Chief Borders - Neb
Edge Lloyd Summerall III - USF
CB Avery Helm - TCU
CB Jordan Young - Cincy
Star Tre'Vez Johnson - Mizzou
DB Kamar Wilcoxson - Temple
FS Donovan McMillon - Pitt
FS Corey Collier Jr - Neb
LS Marco Ortiz - Neb
-----
RT Michael Tarquin - USCw
LG Ethan White - USCw
RB Nay'Quan Wright - USF
RB Lorenzo Lingard - Akron
WR Trent Whittemore - UCF
WR Daejon Reynolds - Pitt
TE Nick Elksnis - USCe
TE Griffin McDowell - TN-Chat
OG/OT Josh Braun - Ark
OL Yousef Mugharbil - Colo

16 of the 22 Florida players to transfer this offseason wound up at Power 5 programs and four remain in the SEC.
=====

Players leaving to the NFL - 10
QB Anthony Richardson - ED to NFL
DT Gervon Dexter - ED to NFL
RG O'Cyrus Torrence - ED to NFL
FS Rashad Torrence II - ED to NFL
WR Justin Shorter - ED to NFL
LT Richard Gourage - ED to NFL (eligible for CoV 6th Yr)
-----
ILB Ventrell Miller - to NFL
ILB Amari Burney - to NFL
SS Trey Dean III - to NFL
WDE Brenton Cox Jr - to NFL - dismissed in Oct
=====

Recruit De-commits: 10

TE Mac Markway **** - flip to LSU
WR Creed Whittemore **** - flip to MsSt
OG/C Tommy Kinsler *** - flip to scUM
WR Tyree Patterson *** - flip to UCF
-----
WR Raymond Cottrell **** - ?? FSU
WR Darren Lawrence *** - ?? FSU
DE Isaiah Nixon **** - ?? UCF
QB Marcus Stokes *** - ?? PSU
FS Shawn Russ *** - ?? AzSt
QB Jaden Rashada **** - ??

I think Cottrell ended up at aTm

Rumors that OT transfer Keyaunta Goodwin is going to commit to UF. Keeping fingers crossed
I would be very surprised if Goodwin will make a meaningful contribution to the Gators OL this season, although perhaps the trainers, S&C staff, and nutritionists can engineer a body makeover and make it happen.

In hindsight he probably should’ve RS’ed this past season but perhaps the coaching staff wanted to play him because our OL was pretty bad last year; plus with him being a 5 star recruit they wanted to give him a chance to show what he could do.

Oh well…. good luck to him except when he plays UK.

Reactions: Gator Fever
And if Brown doesn't take part in Spring football, then he needs to either stay with baseball permanent, or xfer out to get a chance to play football elsewhere.... JMOHO's as always.
Especially agree on this - most players aren't talented enough to do 2 sports at this level.

Me, too. Napier has certainly addressed the O-line needs. I imagine we'll see even more movement with players in the portal both coming and going after spring practice. I'm wondering if there are any high school guys left we could sign on NSD?
I think we are done with 2023 high school guys. I like what Napier has done with the roster other than the stupid QB stuff. If he could at least get that position sorted out things would be much better because I feel like the other positions are being addressed either through high school prospects or portal.

Here's a guy who, apparently, wants to come to Florida. Not sure they will offer him. He's good friends with Roderick Kearney. Maybe a preferred walk-on?

We're, also, getting QB Parker Leise out of IMG Academy as a preferred walk-on.

Here's a guy who, apparently, wants to come to Florida. Not sure they will offer him. He's good friends with Roderick Kearney. Maybe a preferred walk-on?

We're, also, getting QB Parker Leise out of IMG Academy as a preferred walk-on.
Brian Green will likely be a PWO

I think we are done with 2023 high school guys. I like what Napier has done with the roster other than the stupid QB stuff. If he could at least get that position sorted out things would be much better because I feel like the other positions are being addressed either through high school prospects or portal.
Yes and I think CBN thought he had the QB situation addressed as well with Rashada and Lagway in the next two cycles.

sadgator’s kinda guy…
season 1 showtime GIF by Shameless

Kelby Collins is getting disrespected by recruit rankings​

Florida football brought in one of the top defensive lineman classes in the country in the 2023 cycle. They brought in five guys who were rated in the top 50 of the DL rankings and added to their depth up front.

The leader of UF’s DL class is Kelby Collins. He’s rated across multiple services as a top-5 defensive lineman and is a top-50 player according to 247 Sports.

What’s weird about the way that Kelby is ranked is that his ranking continue to drop.

Why is it going down? Well, that’s a great question.

All he’s done as of late was go out and win MVP of the All-American Game and dominated camps over and over.

Apparently, this made recruiting services say “Meh, he isn’t great.”

Fever & other Posters on this board can tell you the real reason -

HE SIGNED WITH UF !

https://hailfloridahail.com/2023/01/26/florida-football-kelby-collins-rankings/

Reactions: ocalaman

Kelby Collins is getting disrespected by recruit rankings​

Florida football brought in one of the top defensive lineman classes in the country in the 2023 cycle. They brought in five guys who were rated in the top 50 of the DL rankings and added to their depth up front.

The leader of UF’s DL class is Kelby Collins. He’s rated across multiple services as a top-5 defensive lineman and is a top-50 player according to 247 Sports.

What’s weird about the way that Kelby is ranked is that his ranking continue to drop.

Why is it going down? Well, that’s a great question.

All he’s done as of late was go out and win MVP of the All-American Game and dominated camps over and over.

Apparently, this made recruiting services say “Meh, he isn’t great.”

Fever & other Posters on this board can tell you the real reason -

HE SIGNED WITH UF !

https://hailfloridahail.com/2023/01/26/florida-football-kelby-collins-rankings/
Must be one of those Gene Williams(dot.com dips**t from Warchant) types.

2023 Transfer Football Team Rankings​

LSU #1, FSU #2, UF #24

Supposedly updated today - 1-26-2023 but did not include OT Kiyaunta Goodwin.
Delighted to have him; but his inclusion will not make that big a difference in the final ranking.

"...In order to create the most comprehensive Team Recruiting Ranking without any notion of bias, 247Sports Team Recruiting Ranking is solely based on the 247Sports Composite Rating."
247 Sports
https://sports.yahoo.com/college-football-transfer-portal-2023-183213675.html

Despite 247's best efforts, IMO, Transfer Rankings, like HS Recruiting Rankings - still have a large subjective component -

Beauty is still in the eye of the beholder.

Rankings don't take the field & win or lose games -
BUT
I would MUCH rather have classes ranked in the top 5 instead of the top 25 ! LOL

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/TransferTeamRankings/

Last edited:
Reactions: Gator Fever

2023 Transfer Football Team Rankings​

LSU #1, FSU #2, UF #24

Supposedly updated today - 1-26-2023 but did not include OT Kiyaunta Goodwin.
Delighted to have him; but his inclusion will not make that big a difference in the final ranking.

"...In order to create the most comprehensive Team Recruiting Ranking without any notion of bias, 247Sports Team Recruiting Ranking is solely based on the 247Sports Composite Rating."
247 Sports
https://sports.yahoo.com/college-football-transfer-portal-2023-183213675.html

Despite 247's best efforts, IMO, Transfer Rankings, like HS Recruiting Rankings - still have a large subjective component -

Beauty is still in the eye of the beholder.

Rankings don't take the field & win or lose games -
BUT
I would MUCH rather have classes ranked in the top 5 instead of the top 25 ! LOL

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/TransferTeamRankings/

What they rate them as transfers doesn't look too bad as far as ours imo. Banks being upgraded to a 4 star I think is justified by his little bit of playing time and the 4 star high school ones now 3 star transfers never stood out that much in college.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT