ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

High quality class for sure. Need more of them to build some depth
Yes Billy and the staff could of taken 3-4 3 star type players and the class could of moved up the rankings but glad they didn’t do that and honestly I don’t see any reaches in this class. I think there are only like two 3 stars in the entire class.

What it is missing is maybe 2-3 elite players that we didn’t get. We tried but just didn’t win those battles. That is the difference between a good class and an elite class.

We did need another DT, LB & OT that will have to be gotten in the portal now.

An offensive punch consisting of Mertz and Miller?

Remember when Foley announced McElwain as coach and said he would bring back the offensive punch to the Gators that we had been missing under Muschamp.
More like…
punch-self-own.gif

Yes Billy and the staff could of taken 3-4 3 star type players and the class could of moved up the rankings but glad they didn’t do that and honestly I don’t see any reaches in this class. I think there are only like two 3 stars in the entire class.

What it is missing is maybe 2-3 elite players that we didn’t get. We tried but just didn’t win those battles. That is the difference between a good class and an elite class.

We did need another DT, LB & OT that will have to be gotten in the portal now.
Yep. Offensive line and linebacker big glaring holes at the moment.

Reactions: PacoGator19
This gives Alabama 7 Five Star players per 247Sports composite. Georgia signed 2, Texas 4, Miami 2, Oklahoma 3, LSU 1, Ohio State 1, Notre Dame 0, Tennessee 1, Oregon 2, USC 2 and Florida 0. Those were the Top 12 classes in order per 247Sports. Some services have upgraded Rashada to a 5-star, but his composite rating is still a 4-star. There were 35 Five-Star players, so it's really hard to get these guys because everyone wants the, But to get 7 in 1 class in incredible. Nick Saban still has it and/or his alumni has very deep pockets.

And just an FYI. Right now there are 27 5-star players listed in the 2024 class. We have 1 committed, D.J. Lagway, rated at #24, and the #17 player, Edge Rusher Elijah Rushing from Tucson, AZ, supposedly a 100% crystal ball to Florida, although not publicly committed.

This gives Alabama 7 Five Star players per 247Sports composite. Georgia signed 2, Texas 4, Miami 2, Oklahoma 3, LSU 1, Ohio State 1, Notre Dame 0, Tennessee 1, Oregon 2, USC 2 and Florida 0. Those were the Top 12 classes in order per 247Sports. Some services have upgraded Rashada to a 5-star, but his composite rating is still a 4-star. There were 35 Five-Star players, so it's really hard to get these guys because everyone wants the, But to get 7 in 1 class in incredible. Nick Saban still has it and/or his alumni has very deep pockets.

And just an FYI. Right now there are 27 5-star players listed in the 2024 class. We have 1 committed, D.J. Lagway, rated at #24, and the #17 player, Edge Rusher Elijah Rushing from Tucson, AZ, supposedly a 100% crystal ball to Florida, although not publicly committed.

Its crazy how Bama and Georgia etc. have a stranglehold on these 5 stars/highest 4 stars in recent years. All NIL has done is lead a few other teams to join the fray. It isn't slowing Bama and Georgia down though as they have a lot of boosters willing to shell out the big bucks.

Gilbert has SERIOUS mental health issues. GA has worked extremely hard to help him out. This really goes beyond the hate that you have for GA. Sometimes we don't know all the facts. I would suggest just praying for his mental health. I don't think he ever plays football again.

That I can agree with

Reactions: wwforest
Its crazy how Bama and Georgia etc. have a stranglehold on these 5 stars/highest 4 stars in recent years. All NIL has done is lead a few other teams to join the fray. It isn't slowing Bama and Georgia down though as they have a lot of boosters willing to shell out the big bucks.
They had a few years head start with NIL...

Nick Saban still has it and/or his alumni has very deep pockets.
Ocala,

I'm sure there are some deep Bama pockets, but Saban's 7 Natties may also have something to do with it.

I disagree with his methods & won't call him the G.O.A.T. but he & his staff do have a record of successfully developing players & getting them to the NFL.

I believe he & Bama have cheated historically (successfully unfortunately), since Bear Bryant & before.

But. the NCAA has never even investigated Bama, much less imposed sanctions, so I guess they feel entitled to cheat & it has become a way of life for them.

• Angry
Reactions: instaGATOR

Gators CB Jordan Young Entering Transfer Portal​

Young is the 20th scholarship Florida player to announce plans to transfer this offseason and the second to do so since the bowl game on Dec. 17, following starting right tackle Michael Tarquin's departure on Thursday. He's also the fifth Gators defensive back to leave the program this postseason.

Florida signed cornerbacks Dijon Johnson, Ja'Keem Jackson and Aaron Gates, safeties Jordan Castell and Bryce Thornton and nickel corner Sharif Denson as defensive back members of its 2023 recruiting class during the early signing period.

Looks like Napier listened to the posters on this board who complained about our secondary & its coverage.

Between graduation & transfers - complete turnover in secondary.

A lot of true Fresh will be playing; hope they have what it takes.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/football/florida-gators-jordan-young-entering-transfer-portal

Last edited:
Reactions: rdgtr
Proverbs - The Bible What's the meaning of the phrase 'As you sow so shall you reap'? Your deeds, good or bad, will repay you in kind. What's the origin of the phrase 'As you sow so shall you reap'? From the Bible, Galatians VI ( King James Version ): Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator

Tre'Vez Johnson becomes the sixth DB — and first starter — to transfer​

Johnson makes six DB transfers​

Johnson and Young gives the Gators six outing transfers from their secondary, along with Corey Collier, Avery Helm, Donovan McMillon and Kamar Wilcoxson.

Collier has committed to Nebraska, Helm is headed to TCU, McMillon made a pledge Pitt and Wilcoxson is still undecided on a new school. Johnson is the first starter to leave.

Florida is also losing sixth-year senior Trey Dean III, while fellow starting safety Rashad Torrence II could declare for the 2023 NFL Draft.

https://www.on3.com/teams/florida-g...comes-sixth-db-and-first-starter-to-transfer/

10 DB's - No Longer With Team
2022 Starters:
#17 S Trey Dean III 6-3 207 - .9222 **** - Sr Grad and on to the NFL
-----
#33 S Rashad Torrence II - 6-0 202 So .8950 **** - Rumored ED to NFL draft

==========
Portals:
#7 CB Corey Collier 6-1 180 rsFr - .9394 ****
#10 CB Jalen Kimber 6-0 178 rsSo - .9346 ****
#10 S Donovan McMillon 6-1 205 Soph - .9228 ****
#24 CB Kamar Wilcoxson 6-1 183 rsFr - .9039 ****
#32 S Tre'Vez Johnson 5-11 194 So - .8863 *** -- Starter
#35 CB Avery Helm 6-2 170 rsSo - .8937 ****
#39 CB/S/WR Fenley Graham Jr 5-9 171 rsSo - .8803 *** - dismissed
#42 CB Jordan Young 6-0 192 rsFr - .8787 ***

7 **** & 3 *** - with one of the 3-stars being a starter, all with 2-4 yrs eligibility.

Not positive on some either way, going or staying....
So feel free to add or subtract from the list.

2022 Starters:
-----

==========
Portals:

7 **** & 3 *** - with one of the 3-stars being a starter, all with 2-4 yrs eligibility.

Our secondary was awful. Dean was a 3 year starter and that just shows you how little talent was back there. If we want to improve from .500 seasons we've seen the last two years, and the 5 loss season the year before that, we needed a complete overhaul of the team.

2022 Starters:
-----

==========
Portals:

We don't know yet who will be winning these starter positions for 2023 but it appears only 2 to 3 of the Mullen recruited starters on offense in the FSU game will be returning on offense. Still waiting to see if Ethan White goes to the portal or not.

On defense it looks like about 6 of the Mullen recruited starters from the FSU game will be back next season.

It will be interesting to see how many of the 2023 starters are Napier recruited/portal players. I wonder if it will be real close to 50%.

Departures (27) and arrivals (3) - arrivals in bold:

OL Josh Braun (Announced his intentions on Oct. 18) -> Arkansas (Committed Dec. 5)

OL Yousef Mugharbil (Announced on Dec. 4) ->

OL Michael Tarquin (Entered on Dec. 22) ->

OL Ethan White (Announced on Dec. 24) ->
-------------------------------
DB Kamar Wilcoxson (Announced intentions on Nov. 3) -> Temple (Committed Dec. 18)

CB Avery Helm (Announced intentions on Nov. 28) -> TCU (Committed Dec. 16)

S Donovan McMillon (Announced on Dec. 2) -> Pittsburgh (Committed Dec. 15)

S Corey Collier Jr. (Announced on Dec. 3) -> Nebraska (Committed Dec. 17)

DB Jordan Young (Entered on Dec. 23) ->

DB Tre’Vez Johnson (Entered on Dec. 23) ->
------------------------------
DL Jalen Lee (Reported on Dec. 4) -> LSU (Committed Dec. 20)

DE Lloyd Summerall III (Announced on Dec. 6) -> South Florida (Committed Dec. 18)

DL Chris Thomas Jr. (Announced on Dec. 7) ->

* DL Caleb Banks (Announced on Dec. 11 from Louisville) – Will have 3 years of eligibility remaining
-----------------------------
LB Diwun Black (Announced intentions on Nov. 16) ->

LB David Reese (Announced on Dec. 3)

LB Chief Borders (Announced on Dec. 4) -> Nebraska (Committed Dec. 20)

* LB Teradja Mitchell (Reported by the Orlando Sentinel on Dec. 21 from Ohio State) – Will be his final year of eligibility
RB Lorenzo Lingard (Announced on Dec. 1) -> Akron (Announced Dec. 21)

RB Nay’Quan Wright (Announced on Dec. 2) ->
WR Trent Whittemore (Entered portal on Nov. 14) ->

WR Daejon Reynolds (Announced intentions on Nov. 30) ->
TE Nick Elksnis (Announced intentions on Nov. 15) -> South Carolina (Committed Dec. 18)

TE Griffin McDowell (Entered portal on Nov. 16) -> UT Chattanooga (Committed) Dec. 12)
QB Jack Anders (Announced on Dec. 4) ->

QB Jalen Kitna (Arrested on Nov. 30) -> (Future prison portal)

* QB Graham Mertz (Reported by The Athletic on Dec. 20 from Wisconsin) – Will have 2 years of eligibility remaining
--------------------------------
P Jack Brady (Entered on Dec. 19) ->
LS Marco Ortiz (Entered the portal on Oct.26) -> Nebraska (Committed Dec. 11)

LS Chase Whitfield (Announced on Dec. 4) ->

Reactions: Wiebs
When 2022 starters, that are still projected 2023 starters, with 2-4 years of eligibility left, begin bailing out in droves, it proves that there is absolutely nothing wrong, and that as far as NFL ED's and xfer-outs are concerned, there is 'nothing to see here.' 🤓

I'm so happy with Gator football today,,, that I could just drop a logg..... 😉

• Haha
Reactions: fsu939913
When 2022 starters, that are still projected 2023 starters, with 2-4 years of eligibility left, begin bailing out in droves, it proves that there is absolutely nothing wrong, and that as far as NFL ED's and xfer-outs are concerned, there is 'nothing to see here.' 🤓

I'm so happy with Gator football today,,, that I could just drop a logg..... 😉

It would appear Napier doesn't care if Mullen's recruits bail on the program though the two O line starters bailing is going to cause major issues if its not addressed some in the portal with proven players. I think we can absorb most of the other position portal departures with the younger players.

It would appear Napier doesn't care if Mullen's recruits bail on the program though the two O line starters bailing is going to cause major issues if its not addressed some in the portal with proven players. I think we can absorb most of the other position portal departures with the younger players.

He may not care but Billy has never met a Florida fan base during a 4-8 season either

He may not care but Billy has never met a Florida fan base during a 4-8 season either

Beginning ASAP, he'd better get with Brown, Johnson, & Etienne and what's left of the OL, and start coaching them up for the coming challenge..... Plus he better get his EE recruits to work upon arrival.

He should also immediately get to his new plays development and his game plans / play calling work...
Because IMO, what he did in all of those areas in 2022, just ain't near good enough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT