ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

Take a look at the top prospects from the state of Florida and see who's getting them. Napier still has a lot of work to do, IMO. We're still losing out to Bama, Georgia, Ohio State and Miami for the best of the best. Our top signee this year is #17 unless Desmond Ricks decides to sign with us, which is not looking good.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Take a look at the top prospects from the state of Florida and see who's getting them. Napier still has a lot of work to do, IMO. We're still losing out to Bama, Georgia, Ohio State and Miami for the best of the best. Our top signee this year is #17 unless Desmond Ricks decides to sign with us, which is not looking good.

Yep we aren't getting the very top guys in FL due to what NIL has done and after Muschamp's first couple of classes it was because many of those same schools were paying recruits a lot of money illegally. We can't blame Napier himself for not getting a top five 2nd class like was the norm here through Muschamp.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Good news, FSU only lost one top 100 player this ESD, but no worries, we got a 3 star DB. Much better than the raw dogging we took last yr on ESD.....and people said Norvell couldn't improve.
Yes FSUs high school recruiting class was pretty cruddy again

Last edited:
Reactions: Countygator1
Yep we aren't getting the very top guys in FL due to what NIL has done and after Muschamp's first couple of classes it was because many of those same schools were paying recruits a lot of money illegally. We can't blame Napier himself for not getting a top five 2nd class like was the norm here through Muschamp.
Of course fevered,,, the actual 'on the field' results in 2022, didn't and won't affect recruiting at all, because it's being driven exclusively by NIL.... 🤣

Of course fevered,,, the actual 'on the field' results in 2022, didn't and won't affect recruiting at all, because it's being driven exclusively by NIL.... 🤣

They don't matter through the 2nd class at least that is why a coach can mess up enough to be fired but at certain schools the new coach will still pull top classes. Unfortunately since Muschamp was fired we arent one of those schools any longer that is basically a lock for a top 5 area 2nd class for a new coach because of payoffs.

Reactions: ih8f$u
As I suspected, Miller & Mertz might affect Rashada coming, and Brown staying.

The perfect Recruiting trade if the worst happens:
Miller & Mertz traded for Brown & Rashada....
😠

• Haha
Reactions: Gator Fever
It would be nice to get Hall and Ricks tomorrow. But we need several more experienced portal guys, IMO.

BREAKING: Arik Gilbert Enters the NCAA Transfer Portal​

Georgia tight end Arik Gilbert has entered the NCAA Transfer portal sources have confirmed. The story was first reported by On3.com.

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/breaking-arik-gilbert-enters-the-ncaa-transfer-portal

Arik Gilbert is moving on from the Georgia program. DawgsHQ has learned that the redshirt sophomore has entered his name into the NCAA’s student-athlete transfer portal. Persons of knowledge of the situation indicate that his time at Georgia is over.

The former-five-star prospect joined the Georgia football team during the summer prior to the 2021 National Championship run. He appeared in three of Georgia’s 28 games of the past two seasons with two catches for 16 yards and a touchdown.

https://www.on3.com/teams/georgia-b...t-georgia-football-transfer-portal-moving-on/

Lol…How ‘bout 7 wins…what do need for that?

An offensive punch consisting of Mertz and Miller?

Remember when Foley announced McElwain as coach and said he would bring back the offensive punch to the Gators that we had been missing under Muschamp.

He’s not a cancer. He’s just messed up and won’t contribute. I would think the Gator staff will look at his time at Georgia and the departure from LSU and take a pass.

He's a cancer, he played for UGA.

Also, I don't think he actually transferred, think it was a troll

As far as I know UF has no interest in Gilbert. That would be news to me but I could be wrong

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT