ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

Not to force everybody to relive it, but since we’re talking about it, there was another “Dynasty” team that previously beat somebody pretty bad in claiming a back to back title…

sadgator’s gonna say, respectfully, that TCU’s performance against UGA is not indicative of any other Big 12 team’s ability to win a National Title in any given year…

1995 UF 24 - 62 Neb (+38) (tOSU RB Eddie George Heisman)

=====

1996 UF 52 - 20 FSUcks (-32) -- Winner Danny Wuerffel Heisman

2006 UF 41 - 14 tOSU (-27) -- Loser tOSU's Troy Smith Heisman (Finalist Leak was better)

2008 UF 24 - 14 Choke-la-homo (-10) -- Loser OK's Sam Bradford Heisman (Finalist Tebow was better)

All 4 times it was UF VS #1 ranked team, and twice it was vs the Heisman QB.

UF going 3-1 vs the #1 ranked opponent's looks pretty good to me...

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Tbh, oh st was better than UGA last yr. They should have won. Just like UGA should have beat Bama that yr.
Ryan Day choked up and got conservative and went away with what was working which was an aggressive passing game. If you have the QB and the WRs that is how to give UGA the most problems. Their secondary has been the weakest position of their defense.

And Jeremiah Smith attended from what I hear.
Yes with Lagway and a few other committed prospects. As long as Hartline is at Ohio St this kid isn’t going anywhere else.

I actually heard Mertz did really good today. Not sure if that is good news because he did very well or bad news for our defense. Likely really means nothing.

Reactions: fsu939913
Spring means nothing.
Fall means nothing.
Season doesn't matter that much either...

The two big issues for the U.S. and for all of humanity in 2023 imoho:

1. Total Political Corruption by criminals and traitors in the swamp, formally known as the cesspool with no bottom.

2. The UFO/UAP/Aliens cover-up going back to at least the 1940's...

I won't discuss either here though, because they belong in the Parking Lot... 😉

Reactions: fsu939913
We really could use georgia's schedule this year.

It's tough but 2024 is when things get very tough for the entire SEC. Even the lowly east teams won't have much protection any longer and the big name teams will have bloodbath schedules. GA won't ever see a schedule like this again.

It's tough but 2024 is when things get very tough for the entire SEC. Even the lowly east teams won't have much protection any longer and the big name teams will have bloodbath schedules. GA won't ever see a schedule like this again.
Georgia didn’t want to see it this year.

"The Florida football quarterback battle continued with Graham Mertz getting the first snaps in workouts, followed by Jack Miller and Max Brown."

"Mertz continued to display accuracy, hitting wide receiver Ricky Pearsall in stride on intermediate routes. Miller had a nice pass on an intermediate route to Kahleil Jackson, as well. Jackson, a former Hawthorne High quarterback, is vying for a starting job at wide receiver."

"Offensive lineman Micah Mazzccua continued to work out in drills in a non-contact jersey."

QB's are of little to no consequence in 2023.
And it will be future Heisman Lagway in 2024.
Moving right along....

RB Trevor Etienne 5-9 213 So - Fr All SEC + SEC HR - Jennings, La
Rushing = 118 for 719, 6.1 ypc, 6 TD's, L-85
Receiving = 9 for 66 yds, 7.3 / catch, L-26
Kick Ret. = 17 for 421 yds, 24.8 Ave, L-48
Total Yds - 1,206 Yds & 6 TD's.
That has earned him being named to the Paul Hornung Award Watch List for his proven versatility.

Etienne joins Ricky Pearsall (Maxwell Award), Jeremy Crawshaw 45.6 YPP, 13 50+, L-67 (Ray Guy Award) and Derek Wingo (Weurfel Trophy) as Florida players to grace preseason watch lists this week.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Napier needs to win enough this yr where he's not forced to start Lagway next yr. No freshman should be thrust into a day 1 starter role in the SEC. I could see him being desperate though if things go south this yr.

Hope the shear James injury isn't serious, he's a good player

Reactions: Gator Fever
Napier needs to win enough this yr where he's not forced to start Lagway next yr. No freshman should be thrust into a day 1 starter role in the SEC. I could see him being desperate though if things go south this yr.

Hope the shear James injury isn't serious, he's a good player

No we just need a proven 1 year rental unless Mertz shocks most of us.

No we just need a proven 1 year rental unless Mertz shocks most of us.

Agreed. If you guys can get a good portal QB for next yr, I think you are set but I thought the same for this yr. More of that talent will be developed next yr and the yr after tho.

Yeah I've been seeing more and more of good Brown stories. QB room may not be as bad as previously thought of this year but we'll see.

They all need to prove it in games first before I'm a believer lol QBs improve all the time so maybe it's true but I was also told how James "slim" Blackman improved every offseason and he was the same trash can each yr.

They all need to prove it in games first before I'm a believer lol QBs improve all the time so maybe it's true but I was also told how James "slim" Blackman improved every offseason and he was the same trash can each yr.

Yep talk means nothing and he is actually still saying he thinks Brown isn't there mentally but we know some QBs are gamers and not great practice players. If we reach a point where the crowd is booing the offense this year he likely gets his chance.

I think it may have took a little pressure off him if we beat LSU but don't see it changing the Bama outcome. Trask slinging it all over the place kept us with a chance but Bama definitely had the better overall team. If it would have got him another year we lucked out it happened.

Some of these conferences better be careful to not expand too quickly as well. Already borderlining on some very bad scheduling & logistic nightmares.

It looks like the Big 12 is going to hang on for now which I didn’t think was possible earlier whereas the PAC-12 is about done with I would assume the same to happen to the ACC in the not too distant future.

Some of these conferences better be careful to not expand too quickly as well. Already borderlining on some very bad scheduling & logistic nightmares.

It looks like the Big 12 is going to hang on for now which I didn’t think was possible earlier whereas the PAC-12 is about done with I would assume the same to happen to the ACC in the not too distant future.

You are correct. Pac and ACC are cooked. Big 12 will get the left over bottom feeders like Miami but still be a decent co ference. Big 10 will have 20 teams, sec like at 18ish although I'm not really sure what their plans are.

You are correct. Pac and ACC are cooked. Big 12 will get the left over bottom feeders like Miami but still be a decent co ference. Big 10 will have 20 teams, sec like at 18ish although I'm not really sure what their plans are.
If I’m the SEC I’d probably pursue UNC and Virginia and that’s it. Nobody else really remotely that interesting after that but not sure if UNC will leave without Duke. But I wouldn’t add teams just to add teams. No idea what is going to happen with Miami. I do think the bigger these conferences get the more headaches we are going to have but it is what it is.

You have to give a little bit of credit to the Big 12 folks. By no means is it a good conference but at least they are going to hang around. They took it on the chin big time over the last several years with OU, Texas, Texas A&M, Nebraska and Mizzou all gone but they have at least tried and stayed aggressive and it doesn’t appear they are going to collapse, whereas the PAC-12 is just getting whipped and doing nothing about it.

Last edited:

Oh no!! Not the conference of champions. Toast? Say it ain’t so. 😉

Reactions: PacoGator19
Yep talk means nothing and he is actually still saying he thinks Brown isn't there mentally but we know some QBs are gamers and not great practice players. If we reach a point where the crowd is booing the offense this year he likely gets his chance.
I don't agree that talk doesn't mean anything. I mean if you heard he was missing all over the field that would be really concerning cuz he's not the athlete that AR was. I wouldn't say it's positive as much as it's not a negative if that makes sense

Oregon and Washington have been admitted into the B1G conference. If they decide to expand to 20, they're considering Stanford and Cal.

They ain't got no money?

Reactions: PacoGator19
Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT