ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Spring sports beginning soon...

Well good on him, and AMF... :)
=====

The Florida Baseball season ended early, but a couple of Gators earned post season honors when senior Captain Nelson Maldonado and sophomore Brady McConnell earned spots on the All-American teams for the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association (NCBWA) 2019 squad.

The two are among 72 players on the three teams in the 22nd annual edition of the list that was formed through two rounds of voting and was announced on Wednesday.

Tyler Nesbitt Retweeted MLB Draft Tracker (6'3" 185 lb RHP) 6/5/19

Thank you @Rockies for selecting me in the 32 round. It is greatly appreciated but I will be honoring my commitment to the University of Florida
1f40a.png

Tyler Owens, RHP from Ocala Trinity Catholic HS and good friend of Jud Fabian, signed with the Braves yesterday as a 13th round pick.

Florida hires USF's Chuck Jeroloman as assistant baseball coach.

On Wednesday, the University of Florida announced that it has hired USF assistant coach Chuck Jeroloman to round out its staff. Jeroloman is the brother of former Florida catcher Brian Jeroloman (2004-06). He is widely regarded as a top recruiter in the state of Florida.

"I'm incredibly grateful to coach O'Sullivan and the University of Florida for this opportunity," Jeroloman said. "Sully and his staff have built one of the most successful programs in the nation and it is an absolute honor to be a part of it. I will work tirelessly at recruiting and developing student-athletes on and off the field. I'm committed to continuing the success of this premier program. Go Gators!"

https://247sports.com/college/flori...roloman-as-assistant-baseball-coach-132990797

NEW ORLEANS – Florida horizontal jumper Yanis David became Florida's first Women's Finalist for The Bowerman, collegiate Track and Field's highest individual honor and the sport's equivalent to the Heisman Trophy, as announced Wednesday by the U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association.

NEW ORLEANS – For a second consecutive year, Florida all-around standout Grant Holloway is a Finalist for The Bowerman, collegiate Track and Field's highest individual honor and the sport's equivalent to the Heisman Trophy, as announced Thursday by the U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association.

I wonder if any other school has ever had both the Men's and Women's Finalist in the same season? Be pretty 'sweet' if they both won it... :)

https://247sports.com/college/flori...owerman-Grant-Holloway-Yanis-David-133036846/

Last edited:
Two programs from the Southeastern Conference were honored by the National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) as 2019 Division I Regional Coaching Staffs of the Year. Alabama and Florida are among the 11 programs, along with national champion UCLA, that are eligible for the NFCA's Division I National Coaching Staff of the Year award, which will be announced on June 26. (next Wed)

Swept its regional and defeated Tennessee two-out-of-three to clinch its third straight WCWS appearance... Did not surrender a run during three-game regional sweep... 5-3 postseason record... SEC Tournament champions... No. 5 overall national seed... Finished 7th in final USA Today/NFCA Top-25 Coaches Poll.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT