ADVERTISEMENT

Florida vs Tennessee Basketball @ 5:15 on ESPN2

Sorry, not much to whine about Hill on the day after.... :p

PG Kasey Hill - 7 Pts, 7 Asts, 2 TO's o_O --- (vs Ole Ms 6 Stls)
The rest of the Team - 6 Asts to 9 TO's :eek:
Tn Team TO's = 19
Hill's Season Stats - 28.6 Min, FG 42.9%, 3Pt 22.2%, FT 63.3%,
2.9 RB, Ast 5.0, TO 3.0, Stl 1.7, Blk 0.2, Pts 9.1

SG KeVaughn Allen - 23 Pts, 5 Rbs 4 Stls
On 'FIRE' Allen is hitting 51% FG and 53% 3Pt over his last 7 games.

Bench:

SF Justin Leon 19 Pts, 6 Rbs - It was Leon's turn to bring it!
He was 5-6 from the floor, including 3-4 from the arc, and 6-6 from the line.
SF Canyon Barry 15 Pts, 4 Rbs

C/PF Schuyler Rimmer W-O earned his 18 min. with 3 Pts, 3 Rbs.1 Stl.
"That's the great thing about this team. We are deep at every position," said Rimmer.

The 'TEAM' went 68% FG, 7 of 8 3Pt (87.5%) with only 2 TO's in the 2nd half...

Starters: Robinson 4 Pts - Hayes 3 Pts - Egbunu 2 Pts = 9 pts - They Ave. 25.5 Pts/Gm
So, the Gator Bench gets the Game Ball imo.

1st Half UF 32 - 33 TN -- 2nd Half UF 51 - 37 = UF 83 - 70 Tn

In the final 2 minutes of the game, UF went on a 9 to 2 run to close out the game.
(74 - 68 >> 83 - 70)
The Gators are now 3-0 in the 'New & Improved' Oh-eeee Dome! :D

UK already has FIVE 5*'s for next years class, they have a whole starting five of more 5*'s than football teams get in a recruiting class... What the hell are they paying these kids up front?

UK already has FIVE 5*'s for next years class, they have a whole starting five of more 5*'s than football teams get in a recruiting class... What the hell are they paying these kids up front?

Cash shouldn't be the level of incentive in basketball it is in football, football players have to play 3 years to get to the pros, and have a far higher risk of career ending injuries.

Therefore, Kentucky must be paying them a LOT. I mean what other incentive does he have? He doesn't teach them anything, he hasn't won a title with an all-freshman class and likely never will, yet they still go there in droves.

Cash shouldn't be the level of incentive in basketball it is in football, football players have to play 3 years to get to the pros, and have a far higher risk of career ending injuries.

Therefore, Kentucky must be paying them a LOT. I mean what other incentive does he have? He doesn't teach them anything, he hasn't won a title with an all-freshman class and likely never will, yet they still go there in droves.

He won a title with pretty much all freshmen with Anthony Davis and he's in the final 4 more than half the time. And everybody gets drafted in the lottery after a year.

Winning-est program in SEC football is UA.
The most NCAA football probation's in SEC history is 'roll da bowl tide.'

Winning-est program in SEC B-Ball is UK.
The most NCAA B-Ball probation's in SEC history is 'kensucky.'

They have both practiced cheating for most of their history. So now, they are the SEC x-spurts in cheating. Practice evidently does make perfect.... o_O
They are both spending the $$$ where ever it's needed, to get their desired results,
(coaches, facilities, players, NCAA investigators, etc). JMOHO's of course.... ;)

He won a title with pretty much all freshmen with Anthony Davis and he's in the final 4 more than half the time. And everybody gets drafted in the lottery after a year.

Seven years with one title, and the kids in the lottery would be in the lottery anyway. Show me one player he MADE into a lottery pick.

Color me unimpressed.

I think Calipari is an excellent coach. He takes highly talented prima donnas and more often than not molds them into a disciplined team. His NC team had a good mixture of very talented freshmen and some multi year players.

Spurrier is a proven great HBC, Duke, UF, SCa.
BillyD is a proven great B-Ball coach, B-2-B NC's at UF.

Let Cal-cheat or Satan go someplace that's never had a championship and repeat what they are doing at UA / UK, then I'll accept them as great coaches...

I think Calipari is an excellent coach. He takes highly talented prima donnas and more often than not molds them into a disciplined team. His NC team had a good mixture of very talented freshmen and some multi year players.

I had to laugh when he was asked some question about was he underachieving as a coach considering the players he was getting every year and he said something like what other coaches are getting results with teams of mostly freshman.

Spurrier is a proven great HBC, Duke, UF, SCa.
BillyD is a proven great B-Ball coach, B-2-B NC's at UF.

Let Cal-cheat or Satan go someplace that's never had a championship and repeat what they are doing at UA / UK, then I'll accept them as great coaches...

Cal took Memphis to the final and Umass to the final 4.

Cal took Memphis to the final and Umass to the final 4.

Doesn't count apparently.

His theory also doesn't work well when you look at UK between Pitino and Cal and Alabama between Stallings and Saban.

By that theory, those guys should have won a lot too.

Cal has no excuse to have one Championship in his career, how many coaches in any sport have had more of a talent advantage over their careers than him and won less?

Cal has a lot of dirty stuff that seems to follow him around also but I think UK is like Bama is in football right now.

While Caliperi took UMass & Memphis to the Final 4, he also ruined their programs for years because of the cheating scandals under his watch. The UMASS trip doesn't exist in the record books and a ton of wins at Memphis have been vacated. To me, he's the ultimate in sleaze and while a great recruiter, I don't respect or like him at all. Not that he nor anyone else cares what I think! As one of the all time great BB programs, KY recruits itself and when you add Caliperi's ability to sell himself along with the program it's no wonder he's able to bring in 1 & doners every year. I just can't stand the guy and because of that I can't root for Kentucky basketball, even though they are part of the SEC.

Reactions: bradleygator
And bama has been on probation plenty of times, these teams are always in the cycle of all the way up and all the way down from probation... but no one wonders how they rise so fast from the ashes each time? lol

Bama will be a 30 for 30 when Saban retires, and not for the reasons people think. I bet my life on it

Reactions: instaGATOR
While Caliperi took UMass & Memphis to the Final 4, he also ruined their programs for years because of the cheating scandals under his watch. The UMASS trip doesn't exist in the record books and a ton of wins at Memphis have been vacated. To me, he's the ultimate in sleaze and while a great recruiter, I don't respect or like him at all. Not that he nor anyone else cares what I think! As one of the all time great BB programs, KY recruits itself and when you add Caliperi's ability to sell himself along with the program it's no wonder he's able to bring in 1 & doners every year. I just can't stand the guy and because of that I can't root for Kentucky basketball, even though they are part of the SEC.

I don't disagree with any of this. I kind of like Cal, because he doesn't pretend like he's doing anything more noble than getting himself and his players paid. I'd have to think about whether I'd want him coaching the Gators. I wouldn't trade Billy D for him for all the tea in China, and I'm growing pretty fond of Mike White. I wouldn't trade our Wilbekin/Young/Prather Final 4 team for his Anthony Davis team, championship or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT