ADVERTISEMENT

Do you agree with this perspective??

in general men are more rational, but its not the spread it used to be.
Men who get unbiased correct data are usually able to make rational decisions if they aren’t stuck in a mindset they’ve accumulated and formed based on life experiences.
I believe that’s a shrinking subset of society. Not an optimal situation.

Emotional women are sometimes described as thus by men who deal with females who have been raised a certain way by a female and a male also raised a certain way with certain beliefs.
By the way their male siblings hold those beliefs too.
I was raised in a two parent home where the dynamic was one of being the oldest child of two oldest children who expected me to behave always and be the big sister - they were brought up in the Depression and WWII with a Dad who sent me to college to be a teacher or a nurse and to get an “Mrs.”
Mom owned a business and she went to college after her four children got through. She set no limits and was very happy to see her kids get far in life no matter what sex we were.
Emotional is a term used when folks don’t know what else to use. We all get emotional whether we realize it or not.

• Wow
Reactions: Mdfgator
Probably true. Women are becoming more masculine, and men more feminine. As I said before, ultimatly I think this leads to social disorder and unhappiness. The genders are built for complimentary roles to support the nuclear family unit. We need to stay in our own gender lanes and get things back on track in terms of raising children with a half a clue as to what they are supposed to be doing.
yeah, i dont agree with this. the nuclear family unit is a modern concept, men a built for breeding and hunting(can be for anythng not just food) its more natural for a man to have as many strong offspring as possible with as many strong females as possible. Marriage is the first effort by society to tame males... the movement towards a more genderless society is real and its not stopping. one of the first things i noticed when moving to SF in the 1990's. for a gorilla like me it was a serious issue!!!

Men who get unbiased correct data are usually able to make rational decisions if they aren’t stuck in a mindset they’ve accumulated and formed based on life experiences.
I believe that’s a shrinking subset of society. Not an optimal situation.

Emotional women are sometimes described as thus by men who deal with females who have been raised a certain way by a female and a male also raised a certain way with certain beliefs.
By the way their male siblings hold those beliefs too.
I was raised in a two parent home where the dynamic was one of being the oldest child of two oldest children who expected me to behave always and be the big sister - they were brought up in the Depression and WWII with a Dad who sent me to college to be a teacher or a nurse and to get an “Mrs.”
Mom owned a business and she went to college after her four children got through. She set no limits and was very happy to see her kids get far in life no matter what sex we were.
Emotional is a term used when folks don’t know what else to use. We all get emotional whether we realize it or not.
woman are more emotional, thats a positive if the pea doesnt get overwhelmed. its a positive in men too. math is easier with fewer inputs, but its also more limited.

yeah, i dont agree with this. the nuclear family unit is a modern concept, men a built for breeding and hunting(can be for anythng not just food) its more natural for a man to have as many strong offspring as possible with as many strong females as possible. Marriage is the first effort by society to tame males... the movement towards a more genderless society is real and its not stopping. one of the first things i noticed when moving to SF in the 1990's. for a gorilla like me it was a serious issue!!!
I agree that men have a natural instinct to spread the seed. From the Christian point of view, we have many natural instincts that should be denied. A disciplined male is one who is able to provide resources, defend / pprotect, and can deny the urge to have many partners even though he could score with many. A dude who is monogamy by choice and raises a nuclear family is the top elite male. ( Again, also has to be a good provider, and capable of violent behavior in the proper circumstance )

The fertility rates in the US have fallen dangerously low over the last generation.
Are Americans no longer interested in reproducing/having that nuclear family?

Have we gotten fat and unattractive with pink/blue/green hair and nose rings and tats?
I mean really - it’s no longer even necessary to go to WalMart to see this.

The fertility rates in the US have fallen dangerously low over the last generation.
Are Americans no longer interested in reproducing/having that nuclear family?

Have we gotten fat and unattractive with pink/blue/green hair and nose rings and tats?
I mean really - it’s no longer even necessary to go to WalMart to see this.
I think you are right over target. I would add ( unpopular / I dont think you will agree with this angle ) that the promisculous modern women / career over everything women are not helping. Men DO NOT want to marry and have children with easy women. I think modern men have no idea how to be men. I think marriage / society works best when men lead and women follow the program. However, to be fair to women, most men now are not WORTHY of being followed. They are weak and feminine.

I think you are right over target. I would add ( unpopular / I dont think you will agree with this angle ) that the promisculous modern women / career over everything women are not helping. Men DO NOT want to marry and have children with easy women. I think modern men have no idea how to be men. I think marriage / society works best when men lead and women follow the program. However, to be fair to women, most men now are not WORTHY of being followed. They are weak and feminine.
Easy woman/easy man?
Bless your heart. Some of your thoughts are in line with mine but you are also a man who I have figured out and so do others. You do your life the way you have figured out and that works for you. I have no problem with that either. God Bless you.

If we’re being honest and open, I was a virgin when I met my husband. We were married 34 years and we were dedicated to each other and our children. Best friends and soul mates.

I do see what I consider outright promiscuity these days and I wonder how these women think.
Do they consider themselves “liberated”?? Have men convinced them they aren’t modern women unless they have sex with every man they “hangout” with? Don’t they realize it’s a powerful thing they have? I talk about this with my circle of girl buddies from high school when we do our meetups for dinner every other month. Yes we’re older but we see what’s going on,
The ultimate act of intimacy should be special. These days it’s not so much.

Men don’t want to marry easy women, they just want to fool around and have sex with as many women as possible. It’s their biological makeup. Pass your seed on to as many females as you can so the odds of reproduction are higher. That was survival.
Women wanted a reliable mate who could feed her and the offspring they created. Again, survival of the species.
Marriage was a later social construct that joined families and tribes and provided economic benefits as well. It’s how modern society was built.
The value of marriage seems to be lost today. That fact has far reaching effects on a society and it’s not hard to see they’re largely negative.

Easy woman/easy man?
Bless your heart. Some of your thoughts are in line with mine but you are also a man who I have figured out and so do others. You do your life the way you have figured out and that works for you. I have no problem with that either. God Bless you.

If we’re being honest and open, I was a virgin when I met my husband. We were married 34 years and we were dedicated to each other and our children. Best friends and soul mates.

I do see what I consider outright promiscuity these days and I wonder how these women think.
Do they consider themselves “liberated”?? Have men convinced them they aren’t modern women unless they have sex with every man they “hangout” with? Don’t they realize it’s a powerful thing they have? I talk about this with my circle of girl buddies from high school when we do our meetups for dinner every other month. Yes we’re older but we see what’s going on,

Men don’t want to marry easy women, they just want to fool around and have sex with as many women as possible. It’s their biological makeup. Pass your seed on to as many females as you can so the odds of reproduction are higher. That was survival.
Women wanted a reliable mate who could feed her and the offspring they created. Again, survival of the species.
Marriage was a later social construct that joined families and tribes and provided economic benefits as well. It’s how modern society was built.
The value of marriage seems to be lost today. That fact has far reaching effects on a society and it’s not hard to see they’re largely negative.
I agree with basically everything here. I do not agree that marriage is a social construct. Marriage is a covenant between man, women and God. Society didnt create marriage, God did. I think think women are easy now for the same reason men are feminine. I think we got out of our gender lanes. The corporate boss girl thing is masculine. "Sexually liberated" females are masculine. Women wanting to have an equal say in the family unit is masculine. Men are not atracted to these qualities for a wife. This would be like a women wanting a man who wears high heels and paints his toe nails. In return men have become feminine. I think the genders cant stand each other, and they dont undertsand why....they are all trying to be something that they are not. Maculine men want to lead their families. There can be only one coach. Maculine men will not tolerate anyone snagging the reigns of the family unit, only a weak emasculated male would except this. Feminie men will let a women take the lead all day long, but women cant stand a feminine males...whether they know it or not. These males are not worthy of being followed, so women become more masculine in the absence of strong men. Its a mess.

Easy woman/easy man?

What do you think you have figured out about me?

What do you think you have figured out about me?
Your post above showed and confirmed it.
You’re entitled to the beliefs you have but you don’t have the right to impose them on others.

Marriage IS a social construct based in history and when it became an important institution in Europe it was done in a church because the church held so much power politically and socially.
I was married in church and so were my children so I accept the importance of saying vows before God and having them blessed before him.

Remember I have no quarrel with you and your beliefs. We align on some and not on others. It’s a free country and we can do that.

If you don’t agree that there exists a social construct did you not get a marriage license?
Are you not listed on the birth certificates of your children?
Society recognizes your union.

Your post above showed and confirmed it.
You’re entitled to the beliefs you have but you don’t have the right to impose them on others.

Marriage IS a social construct based in history and when it became an important institution in Europe it was done in a church because the church held so much power politically and socially.
I was married in church and so were my children so I accept the importance of saying vows before God and having them blessed before him.

Remember I have no quarrel with you and your beliefs. We align on some and not on others. It’s a free country and we can do that.
I have no interest in imposing my views on gender roles / marriage on anyone else. Its what I prefer in my life. I have a wife that prefers and we will raise our children this way. I don think if more people gave this traditional lifestyle a shot, we would more happy relationships and higher birth rates

Reactions: goldmom
If you don’t agree that there exists a social construct did you not get a marriage license?
Are you not listed on the birth certificates of your children?
Society recognizes your union.
I understand that society has highjacked the sacrament. I have complied with the state sanctioning of my marriage.

I agree that men have a natural instinct to spread the seed. From the Christian point of view, we have many natural instincts that should be denied. A disciplined male is one who is able to provide resources, defend / pprotect, and can deny the urge to have many partners even though he could score with many. A dude who is monogamy by choice and raises a nuclear family is the top elite male. ( Again, also has to be a good provider, and capable of violent behavior in the proper circumstance )
agreed, christianity was a primitive attempt at governing other men.. it was government before government. people have always had the desire to control other people. its why you see the final kicks from the christian right now, its being shoved aside for a more modern form of control.. i dont particularly like either one, but as you know, i am not a fan of the religious right. Not all religious people, just the batshit crazy ones.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT