ADVERTISEMENT

Dems view everyone as monolithic

Manchin is funny. The democrats is after him. I saw that Warren is coming at him now. Poor guy 😄.
Don’t feel bad for him. The best way to stop a Democrat is put an American flag in their face. It’s like sunlight to vampires 😂😂😂

What amazes me was an estimated 200K black folks were just wandering around Georgia with no legal form of identification.
I'm actually not shocked but I'm glad that it's free. Takes away the "excuses ".

Just curious because if the percentage was that high then I’d question the voting law also
Well guess what? I was close and I was making up a number 😄. Now Georgia didn't prevent it but now you see the racial correlation?

"Black voters made up roughly 37 percent of those who voted early on Sunday in Georgia, while the Black population of Georgia is about 32 percent".

Statistics show that in the general election in Florida, 33.2 percent of those who voted early on the last Sunday before Election Day were African-American, while 23.6 percent were Hispanic,

Well guess what? I was close and I was making up a number 😄. Now Georgia didn't prevent it but now you see the racial correlation?

"Black voters made up roughly 37 percent of those who voted early on Sunday in Georgia, while the Black population of Georgia is about 32 percent".

I don’t have a dog in the fight and I’m definitely not saying the numbers are wrong. What I question is the source of information, aka New York Times.

When your entire news business shifts from actual news to lies, propaganda, and race bailing, I’d question the source.

I don’t have a dog in the fight and I’m definitely not saying the numbers are wrong. What I question is the source of information, aka New York Times.

When your entire news business shifts from actual news to lies, propaganda, and race bailing, I’d question the source.
There are definitely other articles with numbers but this thread isn't about that stuff. I will say this is the beauty/danger of attacking the press.

When something like this is posted it gets downplayed from people because they don't respect the source and the source they do respect will never post something like that because it goes against their views/brand/belief. So things like this becomes a divided topic because only one said has information on it. This can be said about immigration, abortion, race, vaccines, etc. It's truly sad.

You think it's reasonable to ban/limit Sunday voting that directly impacts black people "souls to the polls"?

HR1 is too big but something should be done on a national level.
No offense but the Democrat's idea of "souls to polls Sundays" is like marching people from Alcoholics Anonymous and drug rehab clinics to the polls to vote for free alcohol and drugs. The ministers are straight out of the 60's and in the pocket of entrenched Democrats. If the Democrat Party endorsed slavery again those ministers would be preaching halleluah!
Manchin is funny. The democrats is after him. I saw that Warren is coming at him now. Poor guy 😄.
If Manchin had a brain he'd switch parties or run as an Indy. He'd be in office in WV as long as he wanted to put his name on the ballot and never have to campaign. I think he likes the attention by being someone who has to be wooed, that gets him headlines every time a vote comes up.

Reactions: BillCutting4585
There are definitely other articles with numbers but this thread isn't about that stuff. I will say this is the beauty/danger of attacking the press.

When something like this is posted it gets downplayed from people because they don't respect the source and the source they do respect will never post something like that because it goes against their views/brand/belief. So things like this becomes a divided topic because only one said has information on it. This can be said about immigration, abortion, race, vaccines, etc. It's truly sad.
I don’t see the danger in questioning a news source who lies. You can play the boy who cried wolf card for so long before you lose all credibility and the NYT has been doing exactly for a long long time.

Take the article you posted, is it really about voting on Sunday or is it more about another opportunity to push race busting and pandering to the 5 readers they have left?

I don’t see the danger in questioning a news source who lies. You can play the boy who cried wolf card for so long before you lose all credibility and the NYT has been doing exactly for a long long time.

Take the article you posted, is it really about voting on Sunday or is it more about another opportunity to push race busting and pandering to the 5 readers they have left?
I am not even talking about the article or that topic. Just saying that its tough to get news to both sides because one side will always not report that news or give a complete story.

I don't care what the article is trying to say or do. Race baiting or not, just look at the numbers. Men lie, woman lie, numbers don't? Sometimes we focus on things that has no relevance to the actual topic. I have done that myself.

No offense but the Democrat's idea of "souls to polls Sundays" is like marching people from Alcoholics Anonymous and drug rehab clinics to the polls to vote for free alcohol and drugs. The ministers are straight out of the 60's and in the pocket of entrenched Democrats. If the Democrat Party endorsed slavery again those ministers would be preaching halleluah!

If Manchin had a brain he'd switch parties or run as an Indy. He'd be in office in WV as long as he wanted to put his name on the ballot and never have to campaign. I think he likes the attention by being someone who has to be wooed, that gets him headlines every time a vote comes up.
As someone who has a grandfather (RIP) who was a preacher for like 40 years and worked with souls to polls, i can say that is not true and very sad that you think of black religious democrats that way. The program was started as a way to get black people to vote because black people were disenfranchised for so long that plenty of them gave up on voting but whatever.

Manchin does love attention and that's why he won't switch. He has too much power right now. Most powerful person in D.C.

You're actually close here, but still missing the truth.

It's not that only one side has information, it's that only one side has DISinformation.

The right sites slant news, the left sites slant news. The difference is, the left sites literally lie to their audiences. The right sites don't do that, and if we find one that has, WE (the right) stop listening to them.

When left sites lie to you dems, you love it. And it happens all the time.

For instance, you think Trump has never condemned white supremacy, and you believe the 'good people on both sides' hoax. It's all been debunked, but no one here can tell you it isn't true. Pres Trump has denounced white supremacy more in the last 4 years than you or any dem here has in their lifetimes.

And yet...you believe he coddles white supremacists, and you think he is a racist.

Only the left is lying about that. So you believe, because that's what you want to hear.

Same thing with Trump saying inject bleach to cure covid. Never happened. But you and the other dems are convinced it did.

The fault, ultimately, doesn't lie with the media for lying, it lies with YOU for believing it.

Because you've been shown repeatedly that the lies are just that.

People on the right don't run with information from sources that have been busted lying. They just don't.

That's why we don't believe in lies and wild conspiracy theories like you dems do. The media deserves blame for spreading lies, but you deserve the blame for repeating the lies.

As someone who has a grandfather (RIP) who was a preacher for like 40 years and worked with souls to polls, i can say that is not true and very sad that you think of black religious democrats that way.
It's absolutely true, get out of here with your gaslighting bullshit LOL

Dems freely admit to working with pastors in the South to get them fired up to vote dem, then they drive them straight to the polls to vote.

Is it legal? Yes. Is it ethical?

What would you say if Republicans did the same thing?

Reactions: NavigatorII
Ur really not that bright are u? Ghost hit the nail on the head idiot. Wtfu! College idiots had nothing to do with the election. Once u wake up to the reality that Biden stole the election with fake mail in ballots n corrupt voting machine the better u will be. No one votes for an idiot who didn’t leave his basement.
My IQ and my bank account put my mind at ease. As hominem attacks on individuals is not a good strategy, by the way, in influencing people to join your side.

My wife, (masters), her sister (lawyer), her other sister (PhD), their mother (masters), and nearly all of their friends voted for Biden. Why? They hated his demeanor and his handling of the pandemic. You may view them as short sighted or other, but they legally voted for Biden. Those are facts.

might there have been fraud? Sure. We had an unprecedented level of mail in voting and ballot harvesting. Let’s continue to find the evidence parallel to what is being done at the lab leak. When the MSM media says and repeats. “baseless”, my view is “how do we really know, for certain?

you will find I have quite an open mind on a broad range of topics and am suspicious of quick answers, inflammatory dialogue on both sides, and most importantly, concentrations of power.

My IQ and my bank account put my mind at ease. As hominem attacks on individuals is not a good strategy, by the way, in influencing people to join your side.

My wife, (masters), her sister (lawyer), her other sister (PhD), their mother (masters), and nearly all of their friends voted for Biden. Why? They hated his demeanor and his handling of the pandemic. You may view them as short sighted or other, but they legally voted for Biden. Those are facts.

might there have been fraud? Sure. We had an unprecedented level of mail in voting and ballot harvesting. Let’s continue to find the evidence parallel to what is being done at the lab leak. When the MSM media says and repeats. “baseless”, my view is “how do we really know, for certain?

you will find I have quite an open mind on a broad range of topics and am suspicious of quick answers, inflammatory dialogue on both sides, and most importantly, concentrations of power.
Apparently ur not familiar with me. I’m not here to influence others to join any said. That’s a snowflake tactic before they go to cancel culture. So ur not as bright as ur so called bank account and IQ suggests. Lol
I find it funny u listing off he relatives degrees as if it means they are real world smart. I know a lot of book smart ppl who have great careers while being complete idiots as far as how the world works. If I have to explain those differences to u than that says it about u. Lol
So ur telling me u and ur family would rather vote for an idiot who can not protect our country versus one who can but ur offended by his tweets? Lol Sounds to me u and ur family are a bunch of babies who can’t handle the straight truth on issues. That’s a Fact!
I 100% believe there was fraud in the 2020 election. Even with what little evidence that was released to the public. Time will show how the democrats stole the election to put a puppet in office. 2022 can’t come quick enough so we can retain the house and senate. I just hope the elected republican representatives don’t forget how the democrats have treated this country in these two years.

No. The danger is the press lying, and manipulating the news for a political agenda. Once they do that, which has been proven, everything they do is in question. Just like the article you posted. I can rip it apart if you like?

The sad part is you put the responsibility on people reading fakenews and calling it out instead of the media. Unreal

My wife, (masters), her sister (lawyer), her other sister (PhD), their mother (masters), and nearly all of their friends voted for Biden. Why? They hated his demeanor and his handling of the pandemic.
So your theory that college-educated white women cost Trump the election is simply due to how the college-educated women in your family voted?

LOL. Ok then.

Reactions: jfegaly
So your theory that college-educated white women cost Trump the election is simply due to how the college-educated women in your family voted?

LOL. Ok then.
I walked outside, and saw 15 squirrels. My analysis? There will be an acorn shortage next winter.
Anecdotal sightings are as scientific as the polls that had Hillary winning by a landslide. 😂 😂

No. The danger is the press lying, and manipulating the news for a political agenda. Once they do that, which has been proven, everything they do is in question. Just like the article you posted. I can rip it apart if you like?

The sad part is you put the responsibility on people reading fakenews and calling it out instead of the media. Unreal
I don't care for what you think, ill just say that the data on sunday voting from black and brown people is there.

Agree with everything you said. However, it's entirely the medias fault. If they want to be trusted then they should tell the truth, always and completely.

If you tell me 99 truths and 1 purposeful lie, do you know what that makes you?

...and I don't mean you-you...I mean them you 😂

Agree with everything you said. However, it's entirely the medias fault. If they want to be trusted then they should tell the truth, always and completely.

If you tell me 99 truths and 1 purposeful lie, do you know what that makes you?

...and I don't mean you-you...I mean them you 😂
I agree but have we really proven that people are purposely lying? It's more of people looking for gotcha moments. The media will never be perfect and never was perfect. So some of you holding them to a perfect standard is ridiculous. We all lie, it's human nature.

It's our fault too. We have bias views. Like I'm assuming you trust Tucker Carlson. Now what if he went to go work for CNN, would you automatically stop trusting him? Is the lack of trust with the writer/reporter? Or the site/company? It's all a political game.

I agree but have we really proven that people are purposely lying? It's more of people looking for gotcha moments. The media will never be perfect and never was perfect. So some of you holding them to a perfect standard is ridiculous. We all lie, it's human nature.

It's our fault too. We have bias views. Like I'm assuming you trust Tucker Carlson. Now what if he went to go work for CNN, would you automatically stop trusting him? Is the lack of trust with the writer/reporter? Or the site/company? It's all a political game.
It’s not about any of that. The news was created for the purpose of keeping the government in check so the people know what they are doing whether it’s good or bad. Both sides have turned into a circus of propaganda and opinion. For me, just give me the damn truth.

Why is it that citizen journalists are breaking stories faster than the MSM and all the MSM does is squash a story? It’s all about the agenda.

Yes, we do know for a fact that many of them purposefully lie. We've caught them in those lies. Purposely misrepresenting the truth counts too.

What it means to me is that when a news org does that, I don't necessarily believe that they always lie to me...but I don't believe anything they say unless I am able to verify the information.

I don't watch Tucker Carlson. If he moves to CNN, I will watch him just as often as I currently do.

Writer/reporter or the organizations fault? That's a little more complicated. I guess each case is different.

Reactions: kalimgoodman
So you're saying they can make the math fit their narrative?

Correct. It's all in how you interpret and present the data.

Here's an example that I've stolen from elsewhere...

Let’s look at a common statement about history that 95% of the population would agree with: “The 20th century was the bloodiest in history.”

The number people look at is the TOTAL deaths rather than the population-adjusted number. While this is certainly no consolation to those slain in the brutal wars of this period, it is not something to be ignored. In other words, there were a few billion more people around at this time compared to say the 8th century.

Denominator bias rears its ugly head.

It turns out the 8th century may have the most violent in human history when the all-important size of the world’s total population at the time is taken into account. There was something called the Lushan Revolt in China. This was a horrifically bloody Civil War against the ruling Tang Dynasty, When this blood bath was over, 40 million people lay dead. This was equivalent to 1/6 of the world’s population at the time. The adjusted mid-20th-century number would be 429 million people.

Numbers can lie, if you let them.

As a matter of fact, the second most bloody event occurred during the 13th century during the Mongol Conquests. This killed 40 million people in real time. Adjust this number for the current world’s population and the number balloons to 278 million!

Reactions: NavigatorII

lol. No one is holding the media to some perfect standard. Wake up. We just want a media that doesn’t pick sides and reports the truth the best way it can. Not hard to ask. Just like all this so called racist crap which ends up not being about race. They report what they want to sell news verses sell the truth. You want to bring up Tucker.. let’s chat about him. What has he reported that wasn’t backed up with data that was false? I understand u will have biased spins but he’s not report the race of cops and criminals as a reason for action as the left is such as cnn and the majority of the MSM which happen to be on the left. So it’s not ridiculous to expect some truth from those who control what the majority sees. It shapes the view ppl have. Just as they are trying to get the uneducated to believe we have systemic racism. Ridiculous!

He's already being branded as a racist if he doesn't go along.

Kalim, here is what you apparently don't understand or forget. It is the network who sets the tone and substance of what get's reported, not the individual reporter. CNN would no way allow Tucker Carlson to report what he reports now. Why do you think CNN just fired Rick Santorum but they will keep an unethical Chris Cuomo and welcome back a pervert like Jeffrey Toobin? Why do you think the NY Times have fired who they have fired over the last 12 months? Why do you think Lara Logan left CBS? As far as the media lying or playing down the truth, explain to me how MSNBC can have a reporter last summer telling his audience the protests are mostly peaceful, while the reporter is standing in a location with a building on fire in the background. Who is the reporter trying to convince?. I would expect to see that juxtaposition on an SNL skit, not real life.

Last edited:
Souls to the polls is in person voting. It's not an unattended voting drop-off. It's early in person voting. Starting to sound like you're just defending because the Republicans are doing it.

That's literally what HR1 is designed to do, have one voting practices state wide. Lisa murkowski and Manchin is trying to work on a bipartisan edition now. I'm all for having it on a federal level because you can't trust states.

Black people will find a way to vote. We always do but nobody should have to overcome so much to vote.

This is the weird stuff to me. People seem to ok with states making all of these weird rules when it comes to voting which is a constitution right but the same people are not ok when people try to do the same with obtaining a gun another constitution right.
Can't they schedule "Souls to the Polls" on a Saturday or a Tuesday?

See how this works when you are a dem?

Meh, so what if the media lies. We all lie, it's human nature.

Being a dem requires you to compromise on everything that's good and just. Perfect example right here.

He's already being branded as a racist if he doesn't go along.
Kalim, here is what you apparently don't understand or forget. It is the network who sets the tone and substance of what get's reported, not the individual reporter. CNN would no way allow Tucker Carlson to report what he reports now. Why do you think CNN just fired Rick Santorum but they will keep an unethical Chris Cuomo and welcome back a pervert like Jeffrey Toobin? Why do you think the NY Times have fired who they have fired over the last 12 months? Why do you think Lara Logan left CBS? As far as the media lying or playing down the truth, explain to me how MSNBC can have a reporter last summer telling his audience the protests are mostly peaceful, while the reporter is standing in a location with a building on fire in the background. Who is the reporter trying to convince?. I would expect to see that juxtaposition on an SNL skit, not real life.
Yes I saw people calling Manchin a racist, I've been defending him alot on twitter. He is also being called a sexist.

How is Hannity not unethical? He attends rallies and gave Trump advice but when Cuomo (not a fan) did it with his brother, you want him fired? see the biases that i talk about? I don't consider Toobin a pervert, he did something that we all do in our homes, just didn't know his camera was on. That's just funny to me. You see questionable stuff with all stations but I dont think it always translate to all reporters being bad. I just disagree. There are great writers on FOX, great writers on CNN. I just think it's naive to say that all CNN/FOX/MSNBC writers are tainted or have agendas. Remember people said CNN was lying on Trump about pressing to fire Mueller? Well Trump's lawyer confirmed it this week. Remember when Fox reported that Obama had issues with Biden as a candidate? People said FOX was making it up, well that came out to be true. So yes i can say that we are just as bad, some just automatically dismiss because they don't like the news or the people reporting it, so they spend more energy trying to discredit instead of seeing if it's true.

They don't allow Sunday voting here in Maryland, but people of all colors still seem to find a way to vote.

Can't they schedule "Souls to the Polls" on a Saturday or a Tuesday?

Nobody is saying that people of color wont vote or find a way to vote. I am saying that it is targeting them. The republican in georgia said it was. Some of you are good people on here, stop believing everyone in your party has the same good intentions as you. Democrats and Republicans has some bad history of doing things that we look back on and hate. I really get this vibe that some of you are just defending it because it's a republican bill.

Remember people said CNN was lying on Trump about pressing to fire Mueller? Well Trump's lawyer confirmed it this week.
Pressing who? Trump could have fired Mueller at any moment, he didn't have to convince anyone HE is the guy that made the call.

Good grief some of you don't even think about what is presented to you, you just bleat it out on blast.

Reactions: gatordad3 and fsumc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT