ADVERTISEMENT

Chances in LSU game?

Mullen usually has a pretty good plan. I think we will see something we haven't seen for a while: we will outcoach and outscheme our opponent.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
Mullen usually has a pretty good plan. I think we will see something we haven't seen for a while: we will outcoach and outscheme our opponent.

Again I hope so but I just don't see anything with LSU's defense that is a good bet to exploit with our offense (MSU did good against them last year but I think that may have just been LSU having a letdown more than anything else).

LSU DBs break on the ball really well so that probably eliminates being real heavy on the stuff we were last week. Their D line isn't as disruptive as much as it has been in the past and they are missing their main rush guy I think but they look pretty good at tying things up for the LBs to make plays.

Their offense against our defense is a big question mark. Their O line isn't that great at pass blocking but they appear to be decent run blockers.

We have wide receivers having to fill at CB because we are that thin right now.

They're playing very well. Not an argument.

But we are animnury away from serious issues, let alone some dumb targeting call.

Why you can't admit that is beyond ridiculous.

When Florida lost CB Marco Wilson for the season, many wondered if the secondary was in trouble for the rest of 2018.

While Wilson’s lockdown coverage is certainly missed, the Gators defensive backs have turned in strong performances in back-to-back road wins at Tennessee and Mississippi State.

In the case of the MSU game, one of the standout performers was Shawn Davis, a sophomore safety who was playing in his first game of the 2018 season after missing the first four due to injury. The box score shows Davis with two tackles and a pass breakup, but not all good plays make the box score. Pro Football Focus took note of Davis’ performance, recognizing him as one of the SEC’s top safeties through the first five games despite having missed four games.

Few will be surprised to see fellow sophomore Brad Stewart joins Davis on the list. In the class of 2017, Stewart was rated the No. 6 Louisiana product, No. 19 cornerback and No. 150 overall recruit by the 247Sports Composite. Davis, on the other hand, was only a 3-star recruit, but actually was more impressive than Stewart as a freshman and earned more playing time in the secondary. (Andrew Olsen - SDS)

PS

No WR or RB has been playing DB, but several Ath's would be available,,, IF they were ever really needed...

When Florida lost CB Marco Wilson for the season, many wondered if the secondary was in trouble for the rest of 2018.

While Wilson’s lockdown coverage is certainly missed, the Gators defensive backs have turned in strong performances in back-to-back road wins at Tennessee and Mississippi State.

In the case of the MSU game, one of the standout performers was Shawn Davis, a sophomore safety who was playing in his first game of the 2018 season after missing the first four due to injury. The box score shows Davis with two tackles and a pass breakup, but not all good plays make the box score. Pro Football Focus took note of Davis’ performance, recognizing him as one of the SEC’s top safeties through the first five games despite having missed four games.

Few will be surprised to see fellow sophomore Brad Stewart joins Davis on the list. In the class of 2017, Stewart was rated the No. 6 Louisiana product, No. 19 cornerback and No. 150 overall recruit by the 247Sports Composite. Davis, on the other hand, was only a 3-star recruit, but actually was more impressive than Stewart as a freshman and earned more playing time in the secondary. (Andrew Olsen - SDS)

PS

No WR or RB has been playing DB, but several Ath's would be available,,, IF they were ever really needed...

So you're just going to call Massey an "athlete" now and not a guy who's supposed to be a wide receiver.

Okay buddy.

Has either Massey or Iverson played yet? :cool:

And yes, both are Athletes you twit, because they can and have played more than their primary positions in the past. o_O

Buddy,,, Shirley you jest...:rolleyes:

Has either Massey or Iverson played yet? :cool:

And yes, both are Athletes you twit, because they can and have played more than their primary positions in the past. o_O

Buddy,,, Shirley you jest...:rolleyes:

Your definition of athlete is pretty broad, but of course why wouldn't it be? You have to be broad to make any of your arguments work.

I'm sure everybody is an athlete in an infinite universe.

I feel strangely confident about the game.

Me too, and this committee is one of the reasons why I do... ;)

Tigers running back Nick Brossette is ranked 4th in the SEC in rushing at 96.2 yards per game. Brossette has 481 yards on 103 attempts. Brossette opened the season with back-to-back 100-yard games against Miami and Southeastern Louisiana.
Nicky 6-0 221 - 103 for 481 yds, 4.7 ypc.

Scarlett 5-11 210 - 40 for 209 yds, 5.1 ypc
Perine 5-11 227 - 29 for 171 yds, 5.9 ypc
Pierce 5-10 216 - 25 for 258 yds, 10.2 ypc
Combined 94 for 638 yds, 6.8 ypc

========

But they got a 1,000+ yard passer too...

Gators DE's (not LB'ers) Jachai Polite (4 sacks) and Jabari Zuniga (3.5 sacks) are one of two duos in the SEC with at least three sacks this season, joining Alabama's Isaiah Buggs and Christian Miller.

Last edited:
Reactions: seffnergator
Me too, and this committee is one of the reasons why I do... ;)

Tigers running back Nick Brossette is ranked 4th in the SEC in rushing at 96.2 yards per game. Brossette has 481 yards on 103 attempts. Brossette opened the season with back-to-back 100-yard games against Miami and Southeastern Louisiana.
Nicky 6-0 221 - 103 for 481 yds, 4.7 ypc.

Scarlett 5-11 210 - 40 for 209 yds, 5.1 ypc
Perine 5-11 227 - 29 for 171 yds, 5.9 ypc
Pierce 5-10 216 - 25 for 258 yds, 10.2 ypc
Combined 94 for 638 yds, 6.8 ypc

========

But they got a 1,000+ yard passer too...

Gators DE's (not LB'ers) Jachai Polite (4 sacks) and Jabari Zuniga (3.5 sacks) are one of two duos in the SEC with at least three sacks this season, joining Alabama's Isaiah Buggs and Christian Miller.

Jus-dam, I sure wish I knew anything at all about Gator football... :D:p:D

Jus-dam, I sure wish I knew anything at all about Gator football... :D:p:D

Christ. Your posting spree over the past half hour has made me really appreciate the way reddit orders/ranks posts. I have zero desire to read your dumb shit.

Christ. Your posting spree over the past half hour has made me really appreciate the way reddit orders/ranks posts. I have zero desire to read your dumb shit.
Excellent, Ignore is always available to you, and likewise milksop... :p

UF Rushing --- 39 for 205 yds, 5.3 ypc, 2 TD's, L-23.

LSU Rushing - 41 for 217 yds, 5.3 ypc, 2 TD's. L-47.

FF Passing -- 12 of 27, 44.4% for 161 yds, 1 TD, 1 Int, L-49, 0 Sacks.
LK Passing -- 1 of 1, 100% for 15 yds.
Combined ---- 13 of 28, 46.4% for 176 yds, 1 TD, 1 Int, L-49, 0 Sacks.

LSU Passing - 19 of 34 55.9% for 191 yds, 0 TD's, 2 Int's, L-38, 5 Sacks

==========

Rushing:
N.Brossette - 15 for 102, Loss -7, Net 95, 6.3 ypc 2 TD's, L-47
L.Perine ------ 17 for 85, Loss 0, Net 85, 5.0 ypc, 2 TD's, L-23.
J.Scarlett ----- 14 for 66, Loss -1, Net 65, 4.6 ypc, 0 TD's, L-11
C.Ed-Heiaire - 13 for 56, Loss -1, Net 55, 4.2 ypc, 0 TD's, L-16
-----
F.Franks ------- 6 for 42, Loss 0, Net 42, 7.0 ypc, 0 TD's, L-13.
J.Burrow ------ 10 for 50, Loss -28, Net 22, 2.2 ypc, 0 TD's, L-21

==========

The Gator's front 7 out played the Tigers.
And UF is still DB-U.... :p

For the most important Stat: :D
#22 UF 27 - 19 #5 LSU

Reactions: seffnergator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT