ADVERTISEMENT

Carry over to Gator 2023-24 Basketball :-)

As of today, Florida's NET ranking is #59, Georgia is #112. LSU is #101 and that FAU team that beat us early on is #14. The Gators and Bulldogs have a LONG way to go to qualify for the NCAA tournament, but the Gators' schedule has been much more respectful than the Bulldogs.

Reactions: PacoGator19
As of today, Florida's NET ranking is #59, Georgia is #112. LSU is #101 and that FAU team that beat us early on is #14. The Gators and Bulldogs have a LONG way to go to qualify for the NCAA tournament, but the Gators' schedule has been much more respectful than the Bulldogs.
Both AM and Auburn games were winnable. Will need to pick off a couple of upsets somewhere along the line. Looking like best case 9-9 in league play and that may be a stretch. Won't be enough to get us into tourney.

Reactions: gatordad3
You act like White is some great coach and he apparently has just been beating a bunch of quad 3 and quad 4 opponents mostly. He even lost to this struggling Gator squad after having a 13 point lead. As far as the Gators and the tourney it may be too late but 9-5 here on out might could do it. Hard to see that at this point though.

How boring, you're still whining about White....
While you conveniently leave out that White beat Pearl/AU, while Golden lost to them...
Golden now has ONE good win, hope he can do better, and guuu-Goaters....

Prop up Golden by sniveling about White.
Prop up Billy by sniveling about Dan.

I think I'll just go by what Todd and Billy do on their own going forward as Gator coaches...
😎

Golden not playing Reese at all in a game was a mistake, and Todd owned up to it and played him more.

I think that Todd has made the same mistake again with Felder, by not playing him at all vs LSU.

I believe that it was good that Todd brought in Fudge, but they should be sharing the playing time.
Keeping all of your guys engaged is the coaches responsibility imo....

Reactions: gatordad3
Golden not playing Reese at all in a game was a mistake, and Todd owned up to it and played him more.

I think that Todd has made the same mistake again with Felder, by not playing him at all vs LSU.

I believe that it was good that Todd brought in Fudge, but they should be sharing the playing time.
Keeping all of your guys engaged is the coaches responsibility imo....
I think you meant Reeves instead of Reese. Here's an article that just post 30 minutes or so ago about Felder.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Without a disciplinary problem, to go from a starter to 2 Min's, to NO Min's, is telling the player that he's neither needed nor wanted, so IMO, that's a mistake on Todd's part.

Felder - GP 14, GS 8, FG 53.6%, 3's 33.3%, FT's 1.000
Ast's 4, TO's 9

Fugge - GP 16, GS 8, FG 44.9%, 3's 33.3%, FT's 79.3%
Ast 4, TO's 24

Without a disciplinary problem, to go from a starter to 2 Min's, to NO Min's, is telling the player that he's neither needed nor wanted, so IMO, that's a mistake on Todd's part.

Felder - GP 14, GS 8, FG 53.6%, 3's 33.3%, FT's 1.000
Ast's 4, TO's 9

Fugge - GP 16, GS 8, FG 44.9%, 3's 33.3%, FT's 79.3%
Ast 4, TO's 24

Well one good thing Insta is the new coaches have stopped you from saying the fans are idiots and the coaches know what they are doing better than any fans idiot opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Well one good thing Insta is the new coaches have stopped you from saying the fans are idiots and the coaches know what they are doing better than any fans idiot opinion.

While leaving the truly deserving (coaches & fans) on the Idiots List.... 🤓

Gators have 14 turnovers at halftime, plus fell behind early 11-0 and still managed to be tied 28-28. Castleton and Kugel have 4 turnovers each and Reeves plays way too fast and out of control much of the time. Lofton dribbles too much and Fudge has been a liability so far. Missouri is ranked #20, but Florida seems to be the better team when they take care of the ball.

WTH got into Myreon Jones? I can't remember the last time he's played this well.

If we can go 8-5 down the stretch we probably get in the tourney. I think our last 3 games are not that tough either. Would need to look at the schedule again.

I thought this was an excellent coaching job by Todd Golden. First of all, he shows tenacity and excitement during the game, not afraid to get the the refs faces. But when the Gators fell behind 11-0, he called time out and benched Bonham, who couldn't handle the pressure today, and brought in freshman Riley Kugal, who went 4-6 from the field, 3-4 shooting 3's and had 13 points, all in the first half. He also benched Alex Fudge early and brought in Myreon Jones, who settled the Gators down and had a very good game, playing 35 minutes with 8 points, 5 assists and 4 rebounds. Golden made some halftime adjustments as well, having the team do less perimeter passing, getting the ball inside to Castleton and had them lobbing over his defender who kept fronting him, getting several easy baskets. Castleton ended up with 16 points, 13 rebounds, 6 assists and 0 second half turnovers. Kowacie Reeves struggled as well today and Golden played him in spurts but took him out when he was hurting the team. Will Richard had a solid game with 18 points, while Fudge came back with a good 2nd half. Overall this, to me, was Golden's best job so far in managing the game and making numerous in-game adjustments that helped the Gators win.

Last edited:
FmeLfEdXoAAVP_K

Definitely been more impressed with the team and with Golden as of late. Hopefully they keep playing like this. However, outside of Castleton every other player on the team has been inconsistent so it has to be hard for Golden knowing who is going to give him what on any given night.

It is a team that has definitely shown improvement on the defensive side of the court from the beginning of the year until now. We were god awful defensively at the beginning of the year

Earlier in the season, I mentioned that straight man-2-man was not working and that they needed to be able to switch off on the opponents screens to prevent so many wide open shots. Apparently I was correct about that and now they are switching and it's working, so credit to them on that improvement....

On Florida’s improved 3-point defense:
“I think a part of it is our switching is bothering some of these teams a little bit. They’re not getting as many catch-and-shoot 3s or comfortable 3s. We generally are contesting a little closer. We got lucky on a few of them today. I thought they missed some open ones at some moments. But we got the luck on our side, which was fun to see. I think it’s a little volatility but we’re being mindful about the 3s we’re giving up.” -- TG

Earlier in the season, I mentioned that straight man-2-man was not working and that they needed to be able to switch off on the opponents screens to prevent so many wide open shots. Apparently I was correct about that and now they are switching and it's working, so credit to them on that improvement....

On Florida’s improved 3-point defense:
“I think a part of it is our switching is bothering some of these teams a little bit. They’re not getting as many catch-and-shoot 3s or comfortable 3s. We generally are contesting a little closer. We got lucky on a few of them today. I thought they missed some open ones at some moments. But we got the luck on our side, which was fun to see. I think it’s a little volatility but we’re being mindful about the 3s we’re giving up.” -- TG
Good thing Coach Golden reads your posts. Might have salvaged the season. :)

UF Women's BB lost at home to a bad Kentucky team Saturday afternoon. They are shorthanded due to an injury to their best player that put her out for the year, plus the "personal reasons" absence of their 2nd best player. They record is deceiving because their non-conference schedule was pathetically weak. This year they will be near the bottom of the SEC. The new coach ahs the program on the right track, but it will have to wait until next year.

UF Women's BB lost at home to a bad Kentucky team Saturday afternoon. They are shorthanded due to an injury to their best player that put her out for the year, plus the "personal reasons" absence of their 2nd best player. They record is deceiving because their non-conference schedule was pathetically weak. This year they will be near the bottom of the SEC. The new coach ahs the program on the right track, but it will have to wait until next year.
Tough break with the injuries.

And how many seasons you've been the coach controls the number of injuries that happen in a single year, and at which positions.
Whatever....

But all I'm interested in now is what Golden is doing, not what someone else did in the past.
If Castleton and Jitoboh both go down injured, then I'll be the first to give him a break on the W/L.

Tonight they get a chance to redeem their 3 Pt loss at home to aTm, by stealing one from them on their home court.
Guuuuuu-Goaters....

This is probably a must win to have a chance of making the tourney. Looking at the remaining schedule its hard to see us getting in with a loss here considering our pre-SEC results.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT