ADVERTISEMENT

Carry over to Gator 2023-24 Basketball :-)

Jus-sayin',,, but there are reasons that they might not have wanted to admit what caused KJ's collapse.

Either way, KJ's problem did severely affect the outcome of that season for Mike. Mike had spent the entire off-season building his offense to center around the projected SEC PoY KJ.

Is there anyone here that doesn't believe that both Dan and Mike had things happen that would cause them problems with their programs that were due directly to the Scamdemic?
KJ is averaging 18 per game for K-State. Very happy for him. But yes, losing him did impact the season. He's a good player and a really good kid.

I was just curious, then I decided to share what I found with no comments on it.
Todd Golden's 2022 Recruits, so FYI only: :

#8 SG Riley Kugel 6-5 185 **** - 0.9674 - Flipped from MsSt
12 Gms - 3 starts - 16.8 Min/Ave, 5.8 Pts, FG .397, 3's .313, FT .600, RB's 1.7
Season Totals - PF 20, Ast-10, TO-18, Stl-9, Blk-4

NA PF Aleks Szymczyk 6-10 233 - NA - Germany
Gms-5, 0 Starts - 2.2 Min/Ave, Pts 0.8, FG .500, 3's .000, FT 1.000, RB's 0.4
Season Totals - PF-3, Ast-0, TO-2, Stl-0, Blk-0

Mike White recruit to UF that chose on his own to stay with his UF commit:

#21 CG Denzel Averdeen 6-4 175 *** - 0.9266
Gms 6, 0 Starts - 2.5 Min/Ave, Pts 1.7, FG .71, 3's .000, FT .667, Rb's 0.3
Season Totals - PF-3, Ast-1, TO-0, Stl-0, Blk-0
==========

Mike White recruits that chose to leave when Mike did.

#4 PF Malik Reneau 6-8 210 **** - Flipped to Indiana - 0.9894
ESPN Stats - Gms 13, Min/Ave 15.2, Pts 7.4, FG .538, 3's .143, FT .579
Ave/Gm -- Rb's 3.9, Ast 1.2, Blk 0.4, Stl 0.7, PF 2.5, TO 2.1

#11 PF Jalen Reed 6-10 220 **** - Flipped to LSU - 0.9727
ESPN Stats - Gms 13, Min/Ave 16.8, Pts 3.2, FG .394, 3's .500, FT .520
Ave/Gm - Rb's 2.9, Ast 0.5, Blk 0.5, Blk 0.4, Stl 0.5, PF 1.8, To 1.2
==========

Goldens only 2023 Recruit, so far....

#44 PF Thomas Haugh 6-9 200 *** - 0.8887

I was just curious, then I decided to share what I found with no comments on it.
Todd Golden's 2022 Recruits, so FYI only: :

#8 SG Riley Kugel 6-5 185 **** - 0.9674 - Flipped from MsSt
12 Gms - 3 starts - 16.8 Min/Ave, 5.8 Pts, FG .397, 3's .313, FT .600, RB's 1.7
Season Totals - PF 20, Ast-10, TO-18, Stl-9, Blk-4

NA PF Aleks Szymczyk 6-10 233 - NA - Germany
Gms-5, 0 Starts - 2.2 Min/Ave, Pts 0.8, FG .500, 3's .000, FT 1.000, RB's 0.4
Season Totals - PF-3, Ast-0, TO-2, Stl-0, Blk-0

Mike White recruit to UF that chose on his own to stay with his UF commit:

#21 CG Denzel Averdeen 6-4 175 *** - 0.9266
Gms 6, 0 Starts - 2.5 Min/Ave, Pts 1.7, FG .71, 3's .000, FT .667, Rb's 0.3
Season Totals - PF-3, Ast-1, TO-0, Stl-0, Blk-0
==========

Mike White recruits that chose to leave when Mike did.

#4 PF Malik Reneau 6-8 210 **** - Flipped to Indiana - 0.9894
ESPN Stats - Gms 13, Min/Ave 15.2, Pts 7.4, FG .538, 3's .143, FT .579
Ave/Gm -- Rb's 3.9, Ast 1.2, Blk 0.4, Stl 0.7, PF 2.5, TO 2.1

#11 PF Jalen Reed 6-10 220 **** - Flipped to LSU - 0.9727
ESPN Stats - Gms 13, Min/Ave 16.8, Pts 3.2, FG .394, 3's .500, FT .520
Ave/Gm - Rb's 2.9, Ast 0.5, Blk 0.5, Blk 0.4, Stl 0.5, PF 1.8, To 1.2
==========

Goldens only 2023 Recruit, so far....

#44 PF Thomas Haugh 6-9 200 *** - 0.8887
Transfers?

If we can't beat A&M tonight at home any slim hope of making the tournament is basically gone.
Agree. They're 8-5 and this is their 1st SEC game. We have 1 common opponent - Oregon State. TAM beat them 72-54, we beat 'em 81-68. Their losses are to Murray State, Colorado, Boise St., Memphis & Wofford. No significant wins, like us. UF's SOS right now is #23, TAM's is #91, Our NET Ranking is #66, theirs is #97. If we can't beat this team, especially at home, we're in dire straits and I want my MTV!

20 turnovers (Bonham with 7, Castleton with 6) and only 10 assists. Texas A&M took 61 shots, we took 44. Who on your schedule can we beat? Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Ole Miss? Maybe. Mike White's Georgia team is 11-3 and beat Auburn tonight. We bad - and nationwide (ZZ Top, guys)!!

Reactions: Milkbone_Dawg
It don’t get much uglier than that. A&M could get a rebound anytime they wanted it on the offensive end. Man I miss Billy.

20 turnovers (Bonham with 7, Castleton with 6) and only 10 assists. Texas A&M took 61 shots, we took 44. Who on your schedule can we beat? Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Ole Miss? Maybe. Mike White's Georgia team is 11-3 and beat Auburn tonight. We bad - and nationwide (ZZ Top, guys)!!
Damn, we only got off 44 shots. Crazy. Won't win with 20 turnovers and only 44 shots taken. We are committed to running our offense through Castleton but he still doesn't know what to do when double teamed.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Damn, we only got off 44 shots. Crazy. Won't win with 20 turnovers and only 44 shots taken. We are committed to running our offense through Castleton but he still doesn't know what to do when double teamed.
Unfortunately there is nobody else on the team that is even remotely worth running the offense through.

• Haha
Reactions: Tarjf
Don't know if Golden is the answer 13 games in, but I do know after 7 seasons mid pack SEC was what to expect from White.
L Golden 58 - 61 AU
W White 76 - 64 AU

L Golden 63 - 66 aTm

The Golden boy.... 7-7, 0-2 SEC, but at least he's learned how to LOSE close...

I'm jumping on the instatrain....Golden's team looks lost....do we practice shooting?
Then get in the Caboose bubba, where the exhaust fumes are the strongest.... 😜

The Golden Year 2022-23 -- 7-7, 0-2 SEC
After taking over a Mike White tourney team.

The 3 MW Scamdemic Seasons:

2021-22 -- 20-14 - 9-9 SEC - 2nd Rnd NIT

2020-21 - 15-10, 9-7 SEC - 32 NCAA - Scamdemic Shortened Season

2019-20 -- 19-12 - 11-7 SEC - SEC-T and NCAA were Scamdemic Cancelled
-----

2018-19 -- 20-16 - 9-9 SEC - 32 NCAA

2017-18 -- 21-13 - 11-7 SEC - 32 NCAA

2016-17 -- 27-9 - 14-4 SEC - Elite-8

2015-16 -- 21-15 - 9-9 SEC - NIT Quarter Final, with none of his earned home games.
-----

2014-15 -- 16-17 - 8-10 SEC - Mike took over after BillyD's final season, that was a double loser, regular and SEC.

Mike White never had a single losing season, regular or SEC, with 4 NCAA's & 2 NIT's.
And Mike is the ONLY UF B-Ball HC to go to a tourney every year that they had one....

But hey, keep on raggin on Mike, even though he's now long gone, while he's laughing all the way to the Bank, because the moe-rons wanted him gone, and now they're stuck for years with what they said they wanted...
😜
Ghuuuuuuu-Goaters!

-----

2015-16 -- 21-15 - 9-9 SEC - NIT Quarter Final, with none of his earned home games.
-----

2014-15 -- 16-17 - 8-10 SEC - Mike took over after BillyD's final season, that was a double loser, regular and SEC.

Mike White never had a single losing season, regular or SEC, with 4 NCAA's & 2 NIT's.
And Mike is the ONLY UF B-Ball HC to go to a tourney every year that they had one....

But hey, keep on raggin on Mike, even though he's now long gone, while he's laughing all the way to the Bank, because the moe-rons wanted him gone, and now they're stuck for years with what they said they wanted...
😜
Ghuuuuuuu-Goaters!
FWIW UF didn’t make the “tourney” last year. Why is Mike White laughing all the way to the bank? UGA did us a favor and took him off our hands so there is no buyout! Regardless of how Golden does there was no reason whatsoever to keep Mike White. White was not a good basketball coach. You don’t keep a bad coach just because your not sure if his replacement will be any better. He was the definition of mediocre. You have to shoot your shot!

How may millions has Mike White already made. He could coach for free at a place that appreciates him and never miss a meal...

2022-23
L Golden 58 - 61 AU -- An All World Analytics Coach that took over a winning team.
W White 76 - 64 AU -- A Mediocre Coach that took over a long time loser team.

Not a good coach, but he never had a losing season, regular or SEC, in his time at UF.
He's the ONLY UF coach in UF History to never miss a post season tourney.
And any ole mediocre coach now daze, goes to an Elite-8....

Scroll to the bottom...

You have your opinions, which you are certainly entitled to.

I'll just stick with the facts that I've listed....

Last edited:
How may millions has Mike White already made. He could coach for free at a place that appreciates him and never miss a meal...

2022-23
L Golden 58 - 61 AU -- An All World Analytics Coach that took over a winning team.

Not a good coach, but he never had a losing season, regular or SEC, in his time at UF.

Scroll to the bottom...

Good job moving the goal posts. I mean White was doing so good at UF that he ended up at a perennial bottom feeder SEC program in UGA

Except that we’re 11-3 now after going 6-26 last season. See y’all this weekend!
Yep and you have played nobody & have 1 decent win in Auburn. Congrats on having a great season. I’m sure you will make a deep run in the tourney.

Still doesn’t change the fact that in recent history UGA has been a perennial SEC bottom feeder in basketball and that is where Mike White ended up. He didn’t need up at some program that makes NCCAA tourney appearances or heck NIT appearances.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Yep and you have played nobody & have 1 decent win in Auburn. Congrats on having a great season. I’m sure you will make a deep run in the tourney.

Still doesn’t change the fact that in recent history UGA has been a perennial SEC bottom feeder in basketball and that is where Mike White ended up. He didn’t need up at some program that makes NCCAA tourney appearances or heck NIT appearances.
Can’t argue with any of that. Honestly, coming from where we’ve been, Coach White is like John Wooden to us

2022-23

Scroll to the bottom...

You are going to have a grin on your face if Coach White was to beat us this weekend aren't you?

I'm thinking the main problem is the AD. He's taking what Jeremy Foley built over nearly 30 years and slowly, but methodically, tearing it down.

-----

-----

😜
Ghuuuuuuu-Goaters!
Great stats. Clearly points out that with the exception of his 2nd season White was a middle of a pack guy at UF. He will be the same at UGA. This will most likely be his best season.

More Facts: Taken from his official UF Bio, so not my facts....
(you can try to kill the messenger, but the facts will remain)

As a former Ole Miss PG himself, and now the new HC at Georgia:
He recruited and coached LaTech's All Time Assists Record holder, PG 'Speedy Smith.'
He also coached UF's All Time Assists Record holder, PG Chris "The Cheese' Chiozza.

And White has been named the CoY in 3 different conferences, WAC, C-USA, SEC.
What does MEDIOCRE mean again, I seem to be misunderstanding it's definition....
🙄

Record at UF: 123-75 (entering 2021-22, 7th season)
Overall Record: 224-115 (entering 2021-22, 11th season)

In six seasons under Mike White, the Gators have been a mainstay in the NCAA Tournament and won at a high level in the SEC while scheduling an ambitious non-conference slate year-in and year-out.

The Gators have played the toughest schedule of any SEC team, both overall and non-conference, over White’s tenure with
an
average KenPom schedule-strength ranking of 20.8.

White has led Florida to 4 consecutive NCAA Tournament berths since 2017, the only SEC team to do so and one of 12 schools nationally. But the Gators have not only earned those berths, they are also one of just 6 teams in the country to earn a win in each of the past four tournaments.

The Gators’ average KenPom finish (26.5), 63 conference wins and 6 NCAA Tournament wins all trail only Kentucky in the SEC over the course of White’s 6 seasons. That surely defines mediocre...

In fact, Florida’s 6 tournament wins match the combined total of the other three SEC schools who also hired a new head coach in 2015 (Alabama, Mississippi State, Tennessee).

During White’s six seasons leading the Gators, UF has consistently tackled one of the most challenging schedules in the nation and yet has still racked up wins at a clip that places the Gators among the nation’s elite. White earned his 100th win as UF’s head coach, becoming just the 5th Florida coach to reach that milestone.
>>> He reached the mark in 158 games, the 2nd-fastest to reach 100 (Billy Donovan, 154). And he did it against tougher SoS's....

And that's just the tip of that mediocre iceberg....
🙄

He recruited and coached LaTech's All Time Assists Record holder, PG 'Speedy Smith.'
He also coached UF's All Time Assists Record holder, PG Chris "The Cheese' Chiozza.

What does MEDIOCRE mean again, I seem to be misunderstanding it's definition....
🙄

In six seasons under Mike White, the Gators have been a mainstay in the NCAA Tournament and won at a high level in the SEC while scheduling an ambitious non-conference slate year-in and year-out.

The Gators have played the toughest schedule of any SEC team, both overall and non-conference, over White’s tenure with
an

White has led Florida to 4 consecutive NCAA Tournament berths since 2017, the only SEC team to do so and one of 12 schools nationally. But the Gators have not only earned those berths, they are also one of just 6 teams in the country to earn a win in each of the past four tournaments.

The Gators’ average KenPom finish (26.5), 63 conference wins and 6 NCAA Tournament wins all trail only Kentucky in the SEC over the course of White’s 6 seasons. That surely defines mediocre...

In fact, Florida’s 6 tournament wins match the combined total of the other three SEC schools who also hired a new head coach in 2015 (Alabama, Mississippi State, Tennessee).

During White’s six seasons leading the Gators, UF has consistently tackled one of the most challenging schedules in the nation and yet has still racked up wins at a clip that places the Gators among the nation’s elite. White earned his 100th win as UF’s head coach, becoming just the 5th Florida coach to reach that milestone.
>>> He reached the mark in 158 games, the 2nd-fastest to reach 100 (Billy Donovan, 154). And he did it against tougher SoS's....

And that's just the tip of that mediocre iceberg....
🙄

Your final thoughts, huh?

Your final thoughts, huh?
Keep on poking the sleeping dragon and you could very well get a fire lit under your dumbazz.... 😂 🤣 😂

"Looking to avenge their early exit from the SEC Tournament from last season at the hands of the Aggies while simultaneously hoping to get the train on the right tracks for their postseason resume in the current campaign, Todd Golden's squad has a lot to play for on Wednesday." --- DOH!

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...tball-texas-am-preview-info-odds-stream-watch

==========

In a game characterized by sloppy offense and an abundance of foul calls, the Florida Gators' second-half comeback attempts on the Texas A&M Aggies proved to no avail for the second-straight contest in the series. As a result, UF dropped to .500 on the year by way of the 66-63 defeat. -- 7-7, 0-2 SEC

The Gators came in looking to snap a two-game losing streak in an outing Todd Golden deemed crucial for the season's future. Florida shot just 37.5% from the field and 20% from beyond the arc in the first half. Consequently, the Gators fell down by 11 heading into the halftime break.
Ah well,,,
PS - The SEC still has the best game officials in the entire nation.... 😉

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...sketball-fall-defeat-texas-am-sec-home-opener

Football season made me want Basketball season to hurry up and begin.

Now Basketball season is making me want Baseball season to to hurry up and begin.....

A native of nearby Trenton, Langford is coming off one of the most impressive seasons in the history of the Florida baseball program.

After playing a minor role during the 2021 season, Langford returned in 2022 to tie Florida's single-season home run record with 26 home runs, which led the Southeastern Conference, and he would finish the year batting .355/.447/.867. He also finished the season with three triples, nine doubles, 73 runs, 63 RBI and seven steals. In his first season in the outfield, Langford impressively turned in a 1.000 fielding percentage across 125 chances.

• Haha
Reactions: gatordad3

🙄

an

And that's just the tip of that mediocre iceberg.... 🙄

Mike White was here for 7 seasons not 6. Please repost with updated and corrected info to include his 7th season.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Mike White was here for 7 seasons not 6. Please repost with updated and corrected info to include his 7th season.
I refer you to the board Mod on that...
So request denied....

Or you can just go check the official UF Basketball website for 2021-22.

Go to the bottom of the page for the listing of the coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT