ADVERTISEMENT

Carry over to Gator 2023-24 Basketball :-)

12 first half points and 40 second half points. Very odd team. They just don't really fit together. AM is 5-0 and is much better than people give them credit. We have lost twice to them by 5 total points.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
It's a very good thing that they got rid of the NO OFFENSE other dude, he was such a loser....

And it's also a very good thing that the hired an ANALYTICS HC that comes in saying that he can fix the 3-Pt shooting consistency problems. And for anyone that didn't like watching the game last night, there's this...

It's a very good thing that they got rid of the NO OFFENSE other dude, he was such a loser....

And it's also a very good thing that the hired an ANALYTICS HC that comes in saying that he can fix the 3-Pt shooting consistency problems. And for anyone that didn't like watching the game last night, there's this...

What is crazy is when they start clamping down on defense finally all at once they can't shoot at all. Castleton has even been a disappointment this season though he has never had a good shot away from the basket.

Hoping we can beat White again and keep him out of the tourney at least.

Gators played probably their most complete game of the year tonight in beating Oregon State. Shot 56% from the field, 42% from 3's, 15 assists to 9 turnovers. Trey Bonham turning out to be a real stud for us, Richard and Lofton steady. I see this team getting better as the season progresses.

Castleton is all they have, Kugel is good but just a freshman, Jones is up and down along with Richard , wish Lane and Felder played a little more, Reeves has turned into a brick layer poor boy can't throw it in the ocean

Castleton is all they have, Kugel is good but just a freshman, Jones is up and down along with Richard , wish Lane and Felder played a little more, Reeves has turned into a brick layer poor boy can't throw it in the ocean
Felder's not with the team anymore - self imposed sabbatical. It is curious, though, why Lane doesn't even see the floor.

Mike White’s offense sucks.
Florida trailed despite the fact that A&M came into the game leading the country in free throws made and didn’t attempt one in the first half.

UF was 2-for-26 in the first 20 minutes
and while the 3-point shooting was bad (1-for-11),
the problem was scoring inside the arc where the Gators were 1-for-15.

White/UGA - With a 13-5 team that had 6 total win's last year.
FG% 42.4 - 3's% 34.2 - Pts 1,269 - RB's/Gm 34.4
----------------------------------------------------
FG% 44.0 - 3's% 33.0 - Pts 1,313 - RB's/Gm 33.3
Golden/UF - With a 20 win NIT team last year.

2022-23 SEC Standings:
5. UGA - 13-5, 3-2 SEC and 2.5 Gms behind.
8. UoF - 10-8, 3-3 SEC, and 3 Gms behind.

Florida trailed despite the fact that A&M came into the game leading the country in free throws made and didn’t attempt one in the first half.

2022-23 SEC Standings:

The Gators had better shooting than White's team had in the head to head matchup though and White blew a 13 point lead which he is known for.

Felder's not with the team anymore - self imposed sabbatical. It is curious, though, why Lane doesn't even see the floor.
Felder went from a starter, to 2 Min/Gm, to ZERO Min/Gm, so because of his lack of use, he's taking a sabbatical away from a HC that is not using his talents. Seems reasonable to me, and a wonder that he's not already in the portal. Because he was a transfer-in, maybe he's just finishing up his degree before moving on as a no sit-out Grad-xfer... Lane won't have any sit-out problem, so I see him bolting soon too, but probably not before the end of the season/semester...

The Gators had better shooting than White's team had in the head to head matchup though and White blew a 13 point lead which he is known for.
So Whites team blew a 13 Pt lead,,, that Golden's team never had.
Impressive,,, Most Impressive.... 🤓

I noticed that you didn't mention their head to heat match-ups vs AU/Pearl.... 🤣

2022-23 SEC Standings:
Oh look! I found someone who still reads Fat Dooley's garbage articles.

So Whites team blew a 13 Pt lead,,, that Golden's team never had.
Impressive,,, Most Impressive.... 🤓

I noticed that you didn't mention their head to heat match-ups vs AU/Pearl.... 🤣

We play again at the end and it will be nice watching White self destruct again and probably cost them any chance at the tournament.

• Haha
So, if White just misses the tourney after taking over a 6 win them, then that proves that he's a chitty HC?

Okeey-Dokeey, then going by your own standards, what do you call Golden if he doesn't make the tourney after taking over a 20 win NIT team???

Still LMFAO at the total hypocrisy being displayed here by a few....
😂

PS -- I don't GaS what White does or doesn't do with UGly, cause I'm a Gator fan....

• Wow
Reactions: Gator Fever
So, if White just misses the tourney after taking over a 6 win them, then that proves that he's a chitty HC?

Okeey-Dokeey, then going by your own standards, what do you call Golden if he doesn't make the tourney after taking over a 20 win NIT team???

Still LMFAO at the total hypocrisy being displayed here by a few....
😂

PS -- I don't GaS what White does or doesn't do with UGly, cause I'm a Gator fan....

Of course it does if he allows this Gator team to sweep him and keep them out of the tournament.

• Haha
Looking and thinking on the season so far....

Team Averages: Min. - FG% - 3's% - FT's% - Pts/Gm

Castleton - 30.9 - .497 - .100 - .705 - 14.9

Jitoboh ---- 9.4 - .640 - .500 - .579 - 2.6
-----
Richard -- 27.1 - .478 - .406 - .897 - 91

Bonham - 17.7 - .397 - .358 - .698 - 8.5

Lofton --- 30.8 - .403 - .294 - .861 - 8.8

Jones - 17.7 - .338 - .296 - .900 - 4.8

Reeves - 20.4 - .400 - .292 - .769 - 9.1
-----
Fudge - 23.2 - .435 - .321 - .788 - 7.5

Felder - 13.3 - .536 - .333 - 1.000 2.5

The rest play so little that their stats don't matter....

Team Stat Leaders:

Minutes Played - Castleton 30.9 - Lofton 30.8

Scoring - Castleton 14.9

FG% - Jitoboh .640 (16 of 25) - Felder .536 (15 of 28) Castleton .497 (97 of 195)

3's% - Richard .406 ((26 of 54) - Krugel .393 (11 of 28) - Bonham .358 (24 of 67)

FT% - Only those with 20+ attempts - Jones .900 - Richards .897 - Lofton .861
Team FT% - .751

RB's - Castleton 145 - Fudge 93 - Richards 73

PF's - Fudge 44 - Castleton 37 - Jitoboh 37 - Lofton 33

Ast's - Castleton 48 - Lofton 48 - Jones 32 - Bonham 28

TO's - Castleton 49 - Krugel 27 - Fudge 25 - Lofton 22 - Bonham 21

Stl's - Castleton 19 - Bonham 18 - Richards 17

Blk's - Castleton 58 - Fudge 14 - Richard 10
==========
You need to consider minutes played and # of shots taken when judging the stats.

Last edited:
White does his best work in year 1-2. He will have gerogia squarely in the middle of the pack, which is a huge improvement for them.

You do realize that our scoring average is up this year over the last 2 years of Mike White AND our scoring average is higher than White's bulldogs, right?
If you compares all the stats between last year's Gator team and this year's, they are very similar except that last year's team was winning more games.

If you compares all the stats between last year's Gator team and this year's, they are very similar except that last year's team was winning more games.
2 points higher on the scoring average...and yes last year was winning more. But what had become a trademark of White's teams we struggle down the stretch. Hopeful we have the opposite this year.

2 points higher on the scoring average...and yes last year was winning more. But what had become a trademark of White's teams we struggle down the stretch. Hopeful we have the opposite this year.
Rebounding, shooting percentages, assists, turnovers all nearly identical to last year's team. And I think this year's team has more talent. Last year's team made the NCAA tournament. I highly doubt this year's team will. Like most posters, I was ready for Mike White to move on. But so far, to me, Golden has not been as good as he was, albeit this is only year 1 and he has to be allowed 2-3 years to get his guys and system in place.

Rebounding, shooting percentages, assists, turnovers all nearly identical to last year's team. And I think this year's team has more talent. Last year's team made the NCAA tournament. I highly doubt this year's team will. Like most posters, I was ready for Mike White to move on. But so far, to me, Golden has not been as good as he was, albeit this is only year 1 and he has to be allowed 2-3 years to get his guys and system in place.
Last years team did not make the NCAA tournament. White is not a good coach. Jury is out on Golden but White isn’t good so you don’t keep a coach just because maybe the next guy is on par or worse. With that being said just maybe our AD is actually the biggest problem.

Last years team did not make the NCAA tournament. White is not a good coach. Jury is out on Golden but White isn’t good so you don’t keep a coach just because maybe the next guy is on par or worse. With that being said just maybe our AD is actually the biggest problem.
I stand corrected. We just made the NIT. My old brain is getting cloudy. I have never advocated for White being kept around. He should have been pushed out after 4-5 years, IMO. My point is that so far Golden hasn't been any better. And I agree that Scott Stricklin needs to be replaced before all of our sports programs start deteriorating.

Reactions: PacoGator19
I stand corrected. We just made the NIT. My old brain is getting cloudy. I have never advocated for White being kept around. He should have been pushed out after 4-5 years, IMO. My point is that so far Golden hasn't been any better. And I agree that Scott Stricklin needs to be replaced before all of our sports programs start deteriorating.
Correct White should have been pushed out a few years earlier. Golden hasnt don’t good but he was also handed a shit sandwich from White as far as the roster goes. We just allowed White to continue to tear down what had been built by that prior coach that we had. And yes Stricklin has to go.

These guys play hard. But it’s a real bad roster and our offense is terrible. I feel like I used to say the same thing every year about White.

It’s possible that we are such a bad shooting/offensive team that coaching is beside the point. So I’ll give this guy a year to recruit. But I’m not loving the X’s and O’s so far.

The offensive system under Golden is much better than White’s. More ball movement and more player movement off the ball. We have players getting open looks at the basket. The issue is we have basically no shooters. White never really recruited any shooters and his teams couldn’t shoot and Golden has no shooters on his team as well. You need to have a couple of guys that can knock down some jumpers.

The offensive system under Golden is much better than White’s. More ball movement and more player movement off the ball. We have players getting open looks at the basket. The issue is we have basically no shooters. White never really recruited any shooters and his teams couldn’t shoot and Golden has no shooters on his team as well. You need to have a couple of guys that can knock down some jumpers.
I think we do have better shooters this year. Will Richard's FG % this year is 47.8%, 56.9% shooting 2's and 40.6% shooting 3's. Last year at Belmont he shot 46.8%, 60.4% shooting 2's, 30.6% shooting 3's. Trey Bonham, in 2 years at VMI, had a 48.7% shooting percentage, 54.7% shooting 2's and 36.9% shooting 3's. This year at UF he's shooting 39.7%, 44.9% shooting 2's and 35.8% shooting 3's. Kyle Lofton, in 4 years at St. Bonaventure, had a 42.1% field goal percentage, 47.1% shooting 2's and 30.3% shooting 3's. This years he's at 40.3% overall. As a team we are shooting 44%, which is 7th in the SEC. Missouri is 1st at 48.7%. We are 10th in rebounding, 12th in assists, 10th in steals, 2nd in free throw % and 2nd in blocks. So we get outrebounded and don't steal the ball as much as our opponents, meaning other teams get more shots than us, plus we don't get as many assists, indicating too much one on one play or missing too many open shots. Yet we shoot it pretty well.
I do think that Golden's offensive scheme is better, but the players are inconsistent for whatever reason. A guy will be really good 1 game and then can't make a layup the next. They often get off to horrible starts and then down the stretch they miss key shots or free throws or have a turnover at the worst possible time. And I don't think Golden has done a very good job with his rotations and finding the right combinations, as 18 games in he's still making significant adjustments in the starting lineup and with playing time (except for Castleton).

Reactions: bradleygator
I think we do have better shooters this year. Will Richard's FG % this year is 47.8%, 56.9% shooting 2's and 40.6% shooting 3's. Last year at Belmont he shot 46.8%, 60.4% shooting 2's, 30.6% shooting 3's. Trey Bonham, in 2 years at VMI, had a 48.7% shooting percentage, 54.7% shooting 2's and 36.9% shooting 3's. This year at UF he's shooting 39.7%, 44.9% shooting 2's and 35.8% shooting 3's. Kyle Lofton, in 4 years at St. Bonaventure, had a 42.1% field goal percentage, 47.1% shooting 2's and 30.3% shooting 3's. This years he's at 40.3% overall. As a team we are shooting 44%, which is 7th in the SEC. Missouri is 1st at 48.7%. We are 10th in rebounding, 12th in assists, 10th in steals, 2nd in free throw % and 2nd in blocks. So we get outrebounded and don't steal the ball as much as our opponents, meaning other teams get more shots than us, plus we don't get as many assists, indicating too much one on one play or missing too many open shots. Yet we shoot it pretty well.
I do think that Golden's offensive scheme is better, but the players are inconsistent for whatever reason. A guy will be really good 1 game and then can't make a layup the next. They often get off to horrible starts and then down the stretch they miss key shots or free throws or have a turnover at the worst possible time. And I don't think Golden has done a very good job with his rotations and finding the right combinations, as 18 games in he's still making significant adjustments in the starting lineup and with playing time (except for Castleton).
That is because the players we have are inconsistent. How many players on the team have had a few good games in a row? Nobody outside of Castleton. I think that is the difficulty he is having in the combinations. He has no idea who is going to play good and who isn’t.

Reactions: ocalaman
That is because the players we have are inconsistent. How many players on the team have had a few good games in a row? Nobody outside of Castleton. I think that is the difficulty he is having in the combinations. He has no idea who is going to play good and who isn’t.
This team should meet in the parking lot right before the game and play a pickup half game with the fans and get that out of the way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT