ADVERTISEMENT

Carry over to Gator 2023-24 Basketball :-)

Broken hand. That dashes any hopes we had for the post season. Feel terrible for a player who gave it all for the Gators.
Sucks. After watching that last 12 minutes of the game, I wonder what might have happened if Golden went with a double low post set like the 04's with Haslim/Noah/Richard (6th man) set up instead of putting all the burden on Castleton and the sketchy outside shooting of the rest of the group. They played pretty well without pressing everything inside out. I guess we'll never know now.

A 14 page thread that Insta renames as “nm”

Basketball blues Insta? I agree it sux when a player who contributes as Castleton did, gets hurt…… but buck up buckeroo!

Weren’t you lovin’ on Fudge, Felder and Jitoboh earlier in year…. Doesn’t this give them more court time to grow ?

A 14 page thread that Insta renames as “nm”

Basketball blues Insta? I agree it sux when a player who contributes as Castleton did, gets hurt…… but buck up buckeroo!

Weren’t you lovin’ on Fudge, Felder and Jitoboh earlier in year…. Doesn’t this give them more court time to grow ?
Gak...

• Haha
Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Guys fought hard the first 30 min but we have run out of steam. Arky on a 11-2 run to start the 2nd half. Love Jit and how he's battled back from 5 eye surgeries, but he just not in any kind of basketball shape. Arky is really really good at home, only chance we had was to get them in Gainesville. Let's see if we have any fight left.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Guys fought hard the first 30 min but we have run out of steam. Arky on a 11-2 run to start the 2nd half. Love Jit and how he's battled back from 5 eye surgeries, but he just not in any kind of basketball shape. Arky is really really good at home, only chance we had was to get them in Gainesville. Let's see if we have any fight left.

Might as well start playing Felder for some defense at least.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Just think if we run the table after this game we probably make the tournament.
Well the odds of that are very very low. Most likely go 2-2 and finish at 9-9, get NIT bid. Golden will need to bring in some big men and we need a true point guard. We are about to find out if he can really identify portal talent because his recruiting seems to be non existent to this point.

Well, as bad as this season is, let's take comfort in that UGA is still UGA and somehow managing to do worse in conference play.

...and its gonna be even worse when Bama concludes the current beat down.(beating UGA by 29 at the half)

Gators cut it down to 4 points and then Reeves has back to back bonehead turnovers and cats run it up to 9 and put the game away. Guy plays awesome at times and then at times he plays like a jv kid. #13 for us is a huge liability. Huge huge huge. Teams just score at will. Golden is going to need to figure something else out. We need to win another game or two to have any shot at the nit.

Reeves now has 3 consecutive turnovers that has led to 7 straight cat points. No clue why golden still has him out there.

I get that, but his entire career he's been a streaky guy. He had a good streak early and once he gets into bad mode he stays there.
Yes agreed but right now there isn’t a heck of a lot of options when it comes to putting somebody else in.

Krugel has played awesome but he is very lazy on defense. He stands around and watches a lot. Didn't go with his guy and box out and easy rebound and put back.

With Castleton we were a bubble team. Without him we're just not very good. Is this a preview of next season?
Probably. White was terrible at roster management and destroyed everything Billy D built. Hence why Golden had to get so many new players/transfers just to field a team this year. We are literally back to square one. I like Golden but I’m not sure he is experienced enough and a good enough coach to bring us back to where we should be. White hung around at UF too long.

With Castleton we were a bubble team. Without him we're just not very good. Is this a preview of next season?
Good question. Lets see what Golden can do with the portal. Baylor and Gonzaga have proven you can win quickly with transfers...I'm curious to see who sticks around and who bails out.

• Haha
My opinion/prediction . We won’t ever be consistently good at football or basketball as long as Stricklin is our AD. I think I’ve been fairly vocal on my thoughts on him as an AD. I hope I’m wrong.

I suppose we should be grateful he's not handing out crazy expensive contracts and he's willing to improve the facilities.....but at the end of the day it won't help a program get more than 6 wins and only make the NIT.

We've been a program that crosses its fingers in hopes of making the NCAA bb tourney for years....and a fb program that even UK licks it's chops at. It's disgraceful and should be unacceptable.

We can act like UK has turned a corner.....but they really are still UK. Stoops is just out coaching/preparing UF's coaches. They aren't special.

Last edited:
Now we have to beat GA or we might not even get an initial bye in the SEC tournament which we have to win now to make the NCAA tournament.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT