ADVERTISEMENT

Carry over to Gator 2023-24 Basketball :-)

On a positive note, one thing I do admire about this team is they don't quit. Down 30 at the half and they came out fighting. Actually outplayed Bama for the first 10-12 min of the 2nd half and then ran out of steam. Golden keeps them going hard. Reeves can't hit the side of a barn at the moment....
Reeves actually played much better before he cut off his sweet do. Now the media and announcers have nothing to talk about.

Off to a good start offensively against Vandy. But Golden needs to tell the guys that it's OK to play some defense and maybe give Castleton some help against their 7 footer.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Our guys have missed a bunch of free throws and shots at the basket in the 2nd half. Could have a 6-8 point lead. Instead they're down by 4 with 7:29 left. This is a game they absolutely must win if they want to stay on the NCAA bubble.

We can't hit a 3 point shot. Crazy this team can't even beat Vandy at home in a must win game. It would take a mini-miracle to make the tourney now.

Vandy & UF are both now 13-12, 6-6 in the SEC. Their big guy, Robbins, had 32 points, 10 rebounds, 3-4 shooting 3's and 9-11 from the free thrown line. Castleton had 25 points, 11 rebounds,0-1 shooting 3's and 5-9 from the free throw line. We only had 3 turnovers, but missed 9 free throws, all in the 2nd half. Plus we only made 2-20 three-pointers, while they made 12-23. Bad loss, as I expect out NET ranking to drop quite a bit. Every game from here on out is a must win, IMO. Heck, we're now needing to finish at least .500 to make the NIT!!!

Reactions: Gator Fever
The offense is going to have its consistency issues until we get a better group of 3 shooters. Golden's offense is predicated on it.

We'll say how the off-season roster changes work out.

Offensively it's feast or famine for this group. Scoring 80 in college hoops should be enough to win. We score in quick bunches, then have these 5-7 min droughts that keeps teams around. Above poster is correct, Golden's offense relies on the 3. Defense the last 2 games has been awful. I believe we've given up 180 points. We will need some Ws down the stretch to make the NIT. The Ncaa is probably less than 5% chance.

sadgator genuinely feels bad for Castleton. That dude deserved a chance to play in the NCAAT. It is a real travesty that the nation will not get to witness him in that setting….
Agreed. He just totally dominated Oscar Tschibewe in the game against UK. I was impressed with his performance.

Last edited:
Women's team got pummeled by Georgia this afternoon 81-55, dropping them to 14-11, 3-9.

Yikes, 10-0 run by Ole Miss....they have taken 8 more shots than we have thus far. Need to get a run going here.

There goes the season or what was left of the season with Castleton out. Probably weren’t going to make the tourney anyways. Feel bad for Castleton.

Reactions: sadgator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT