ADVERTISEMENT

Calling all Rinos!!!

I guess me traipsing around the woods alone at 10 years old with a weapon would have mortified you. I just had to be home before dark. I shot my first gun at 6. Dad taught me gun safety at 7. I was shooting pellet guns unsupervised by 9. Some pellet guns are almost as dangerous as a 22 rifle at short range. Whenever I took off with the 22 I was reminded that the bullet can travel more than a mile.

Some people I see with guns make me nervous. Usually its some fool carelessly showing me or someone else the barrel.

Guns themselves , no.
Same here. I had a loaded gun beside my bed at 12. I thwarted a home break in at 13 yrs old.( Our home was attached to our bar/ restaurant). At that age, we had 80 guns in our house...2 fully automatic. I do not need some person who does not know which end of the gun the projectile comes out telling me when, how, why I need a gun.

Reactions: jsfgators
Same here. I had a loaded gun beside my bed at 12. I thwarted a home break in at 13 yrs old.( Our home was attached to our bar/ restaurant). At that age, we had 80 guns in our house...2 fully automatic. I do not need some person who does not know which end of the gun the projectile comes out telling me when, how, why I need a gun.
When I was 15 we had a guy flee the cops on foot and ended up in our backyard. We moved to SC from TN when I was 11 and lived in town. I locked all of the doors. I was so scared that he would get to one of them before I could. It was one of the scariest things in my life. I got my gun and no longer feared injury or death. Now it was fear I might have to kill someone.

Dad was still at work. Mom was like "what's going on?" She herself was a good shot but she let me handle it. She was calm. Her reaction always sort of puzzled me. Fortunately, neither I nor the guy made the evening news.

Not true. I know gun owners/hunters that correctly recognize that guns are a serious problem that needs to be addressed.

A 'worshiper' as associated with guns or Trump, is a person who refuses to acknowledge anything negative regarding guns or Trump. And they will believe ANYTHING that supports their side.
That slippery slope you rest your perch on is going to be a mudslide one day.:p

Unless you are part of the 1% who have a federal permit...they will put you in jail
As I said I’m not telling anyone what to do with firearms and I fully support your rights to bear arms. No question about it.

I just worry about these disturbed HS kids who’ve gotten hold of AK/AR weapons to kill others. That’s just me - and some other folks.

As I said I’m not telling anyone what to do with firearms and I fully support your rights to bear arms. No question about it.

I just worry about these disturbed HS kids who’ve gotten hold of AK/AR weapons to kill others. That’s just me - and some other folks.
We didnt have disturbed kids killing their classmates 40 years ago. Its the food, pharm drugs, screens and parents who dont instill discipline and a slippage in the Christian faith.

Reactions: nail1988
We didnt have disturbed kids killing their classmates 40 years ago. Its the food, pharm drugs, screens and parents who dont instill discipline and a slippage in the Christian faith.
That's not it at all. Mass shootings still overwhelmingly occur at the workplace of the shooter, 30 percent versus 7.8. The only thing that's changed since the 60s is the death toll and radicalization via the internet.

Reactions: goldmom
That's not it at all. Mass shootings still overwhelmingly occur at the workplace of the shooter, 30 percent versus 7.8. The only thing that's changed since the 60s is the death toll and radicalization via the internet.
The comment I replied to was specifically talking about high school students, and killing classmates. Looks like you agree that the screens are a big part of it. I wouldnt expect you to agree with me about Christianity. The SSRIs and shit food for sure play a part.

THIS is where our attention needs to be. Taking guns away from law abiding people will do ZERO to help this problem, and the left knows this. They just want to disarm us so that we will not be able to resist their power grabs. Making drugs illegal did NOTHING to stop the drug problem, in fact, it could be argued in some ways it made the problem worse. No one wants others killed....but mandating laws on lawful people to stop unlawful people is the dumbest thing...and it is NOT their true objective. Remember...they do NOT care about the children...they care only about their ultimate agenda's. As long as everyone understands that..we will be fine.

The comment I replied to was specifically talking about high school students, and killing classmates. Looks like you agree that the screens are a big part of it. I wouldnt expect you to agree with me about Christianity. The SSRIs and shit food for sure play a part.
They absolutely are, in terms of giving them ideas, legacy tokens, and media coverage post shooting. I honestly feel that if they stopped giving any mention of the shooter's identity or past we could cut that figure in half, especially given the number of Generations Z/A idiots who want nothing more to be famous.

They’ve been given ZERO upbringing as far as developing a moral compass to live by. So in that regard, religion and the values associated with it are absent.

They absolutely are, in terms of giving them ideas, legacy tokens, and media coverage post shooting. I honestly feel that if they stopped giving any mention of the shooter's identity or past we could cut that figure in half, especially given the number of Generations Z/A idiots who want nothing more to be famous.
I agree with this. I would even go further to say that I THINK ( my opinion only ) that the hours upon hours of aimlessly looking into a screen ( no matter the content ) wrecks havoc on the mind ( especially for children ).

Reactions: LordofallSocks
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT