ADVERTISEMENT

BWAHAHA!!!!! Elon forces liberal darling NPR to be identified as STATE RUN MEDIA on Twitter LOL

They are state run media. That's why they always need money.
Good point. PBS has a similar slant. C-Span is probably the only neutral station but it's like watching paint dry. The making of that sausage is boring AF.

I remember driving up to our summer home and listening to NPR on how to combat climate change. A "woke" topic to begin with, but I was hoping that they would talk about how to plant more trees (shade, carbon absorption), greener building materials, etc. Fine.

The whole session turned into "system tree equity" and devolved from there. Even some very liberal friends who were driving with us, just said, "this exhausting. turn it off...".

Every time I turn it on, it is a mouthpiece for coastal progressive thinking. I am fine if that is part of the thinking (to a fault, I believe in free speech), but then have on someone from the right (and they should be thoughtful and respectful) and allow people to understand, for example, why MTG is thinking about a "national divorce" and if anything, it is unoriginal.

I remember driving up to our summer home and listening to NPR on how to combat climate change. A "woke" topic to begin with, but I was hoping that they would talk about how to plant more trees (shade, carbon absorption), greener building materials, etc. Fine.

The whole session turned into "system tree equity" and devolved from there. Even some very liberal friends who were driving with us, just said, "this exhausting. turn it off...".

Every time I turn it on, it is a mouthpiece for coastal progressive thinking. I am fine if that is part of the thinking (to a fault, I believe in free speech), but then have on someone from the right (and they should be thoughtful and respectful) and allow people to understand, for example, why MTG is thinking about a "national divorce" and if anything, it is unoriginal.
This is the problem with NPR: They are actually wonderful storytellers. Probably the best in all of media, so you combine effective storytelling with propaganda, and it's very effective in hoodwinking the sheep.

Wild guess, but @Uniformed_ReRe listens religiously.

This is the problem with NPR: They are actually wonderful storytellers. Probably the best in all of media, so you combine effective storytelling with propaganda, and it's very effective in hoodwinking the sheep.

Wild guess, but @Uniformed_ReRe listens religiously.
What I will say about NPR, for the most part, is they don't hide their bias. If you listen critically they will often at least mention a counter argument with a 90/10 slant to the left.

CNN/MSNBC, etc are 100% intellectually dishonest and act like any counter argument is a conspiracy theory (or doesn't even exist).

What I will say about NPR, for the most part, is they don't hide their bias. If you listen critically they will often at least mention a counter argument with a 90/10 slant to the left.

CNN/MSNBC, etc are 100% intellectually dishonest and act like any counter argument is a conspiracy theory (or doesn't even exist).
This. I do not listen to npr discuss anything of import.

Now if they have a show about the evolution of the blues in the early 1900s or primitive musical instruments I'm all in.

Now if they have a show about the evolution of the blues in the early 1900s or primitive musical instruments I'm all in.
Yea, but even when you listen to their educational stuff they break in with "news" updates..

Tucker absolutely hits the nail on the head here:

Now weight scales are systemic racism?

jack-nicholson-laugh.gif

PBS "used to" air some really great concerts (like one in Texas with Stevie Ray Vaughn) Otherwise, lame sauce. The last time I watched it Ghost and I watched the J6 Boy Scout Jamboree in real time. 😂

And this is the ridiculous statement that NPR gave their staff for leaving twitter. Catch the 3rd word from the end of their statement and don't hurt yourself laughing. There seems to be a trend of out and out liberals to label themselves as Independent, I guess to make themselves feel morally superior or something, as we have seen here. But I guess they think if they call it 90-10 for one party, they're Independent. (And 90-10 is generous).

From NPR to staff:

"It would be a disservice to the serious work you all do here to continue to share it on a platform that is associating the federal charter for public media with an abandoning of editorial independence or standards."

From NPR to staff:

"It would be a disservice to the serious work you all do here to continue to share it on a platform that is associating the federal charter for public media with an abandoning of editorial independence or standards."

I'm pretty sure it's the editorial independence that's being questioned by Twitter.

If it wasn’t already common knowledge, I could see how they might be pissy over being “exposed.” But everyone already knows these outlets are government-funded.

I believe it's the negative connotation of state run media.

And that negative connotation is implied...because that's how people (accurately imho) view state funded media.

Sorry not sorry. When I was a kid, and maybe I'm wrong about this because I was a stupid kid, it seemed like PBS went WAY out of their way to be non-partisan. They went to great lengths to give both (or multiple) perspectives. It was about education, not indoctrination.

Reactions: EvilWayz
And that negative connotation is implied...because that's how people (accurately imho) view state funded media.

Sorry not sorry. When I was a kid, and maybe I'm wrong about this because I was a stupid kid, it seemed like PBS went WAY out of their way to be non-partisan. They went to great lengths to give both (or multiple) perspectives. It was about education, not indoctrination.
I don't need to look that far. Pravda and Baghdad Bob are excellent examples of state run media.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
I don't need to look that far. Pravda and Baghdad Bob are excellent examples of state run media.
Sadly it's true in the USA. NY Times, Washington Post, and all of their subsidiaries are no longer really journalism, they are all leftist echo chambers. Look no further than the Florida Times Onion, subscribers and readers got sick of their shit. Now it's run out of St Augustine by basically a subcontractor. That's sad AF for a city of one million people. But that's how much suckage it became. That's what happens when free markets happen and vote with their dollars.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT