ADVERTISEMENT

Brittney Griner sentenced to 9 years. She better pray for that prisoner swap.

Guys, I get all the vitriol based on her politics, and I also get taking weed into Russia is INCREDIBLY stupid....but 9 years?

And where she's headed is a really rough place.

I am not shedding a tear, but I'm also not celebrating anyone getting 9 years in a foreign prison for a vape pen.

Guys, I get all the vitriol based on her politics, and I also get taking weed into Russia is INCREDIBLY stupid....but 9 years?

I am not shedding a tear, but I'm also not celebrating anyone getting 9 years in a foreign prison for a vape pen.
She will never spend 9 years. Russia is upping their payout for her release. And just like the Berghdahl swap....these weak assed libs will give up the farm, the ranch and all of the property for this little America hating witch. I would not make the swap. Well I would give them someone that had a small drug conviction here in return. But they are WEAK.

Reactions: blubo

tenor.gif

So this statement was made back in August, yet The Groper Joe is too busy french kissing his granddaughter while making the Griner lovers believe he's concerned at all.
8e207af299caf358140fb4684bc95fdd9f4258c1173d73386a350b26fc499903_1.jpg

Because she would not stand for the national anthem, has called out the entire country as systemically racist, and other items.

Her peacefully protesting for Gay rights (I support gay marriage), fair policing (do not believe in DFTP but do believe that unionized cops get away, at times, literally, with murder, and disproportionately, at times, to black individuals), etc. have zero issue with and applaud. As you note, it is american.

As for this, she should been advised, by her agent NEVER to travel to Russia. Her being in jail for 9 years in a penal colony for a trace amount of marijuana is simply outrageous and obviously political. I never had any great desire to go to Russia, but certainly will never go to any country outside of Western Europe after the set of events over the past 3 years.

Is she a POS? No. I am sure she is beyond despondent.

What it is a mark of Irony. So much of the BLM, CRT, etc. is founded on Marxist principles. Communism is evil. We were collectively lulled to sleep on this, as the West had a moral and financial hegemony and, at least ostensibly, countries like China and Russia were opening up their economies. I hope that they see why the Center and Center-right view it as truly evil with Britney G. being case in point. They only care about the state, not about the rights and dignity of the individual.
You can damn well bet she was advised about what type of consequences are given when busted for what she had in her possession. Only an idiot would believe(that she wasn't warned/briefed) a country like Russia would allow her to bring in hash oil or whatever she was smoking. It sure as hell wasn't medical either.

My aunt traveled to many Middle Eastern countries while in the military and said she received briefings of such warnings if caught with anything illegal in different countries.
If it's any consolation, lets hope the next WNBA player sees Griner as an example of what not to bring to Russia

But for now:

The whole thing is pretty ludicrous. The penalty is insane. But, if i understand just how much they ESCHEW (pun intended) bubble gum in a place like Singapore, if going, I am not getting within 100 yards of a piece of Juicy Fruit.

She played pro hoops in Russia for 5 seasons:
"In the 2014–15 and 2015–16 off-seasons, Griner played in Russia for UMMC Ekaterinburg with teammate Diana Taurasi, winning back-to-back championships.[57][58]
In August 2016, Griner re-signed with UMMC Ekaterinburg for the 2016–17 off-season.[59] In 2017, she re-signed once again with UMMC Ekaterinburg for the 2017–18 off-season,[60] and in 2018, she returned to UMMC Ekaterinburg for a fifth stint in the 2018–19 off-season."

So, she knew or should have known what was possible.

Buyer beware ...

The whole thing is pretty ludicrous. The penalty is insane. But, if i understand just how much they ESCHEW (pun intended) bubble gum in a place like Singapore, if going, I am not getting within 100 yards of a piece of Juicy Fruit.

She played pro hoops in Russia for 5 seasons:
"In the 2014–15 and 2015–16 off-seasons, Griner played in Russia for UMMC Ekaterinburg with teammate Diana Taurasi, winning back-to-back championships.[57][58]
In August 2016, Griner re-signed with UMMC Ekaterinburg for the 2016–17 off-season.[59] In 2017, she re-signed once again with UMMC Ekaterinburg for the 2017–18 off-season,[60] and in 2018, she returned to UMMC Ekaterinburg for a fifth stint in the 2018–19 off-season."

So, she knew or should have known what was possible.

Buyer beware ...
Right^^^the irony of its America-hating narrative is blaring.

I doubt any deal for her release gets made until Ukraine/the West finally realizes Russia will not be giving that Donbass area up. Russia will also likely get a good deal with the people that get exchanged also. It damn sure wont be some marijuana trafficking level Russians that get released in exchange for her.

I absolutely blame her for the position that she is in. I also cannot be happy about any American citizen being placed in a Russian gulag.

I absolutely blame her for the position that she is in. I also cannot be happy about any American citizen being placed in a Russian gulag.
It's been playing basketball in Blitzkrieg for what, 5 years? It can't plead ignorance at that point. That's called bellegerance, thumbing the nose at foreign regulations it damned well knew the consequences it already was aware of. It's a harsh sentence, but poke the bear, suffer the consequences.

It's been playing basketball in Blitzkrieg for what, 5 years? It can't plead ignorance at that point. That's called bellegerance, thumbing the nose at foreign regulations it damned well knew the consequences it already was aware of. It's a harsh sentence, but poke the bear, suffer the consequences.

Agree on all accounts...and yet still...

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
A long list of "Americans" here who think their political views are more important than getting an American released

You want to know why this took so long?

Because those same American viewpoints encouraged Putin to hold on to her so that conservatives could make a political issue of it for the midterm elections

American conservatives are the political plaything of Putin

623c9d7154ef2.image.jpg

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
This. And the guy who is “suspected” of being a spy and has been detained for 4 years is left.
Just wow.

It’s truly becoming embarrassing to be an American.

Reactions: Capt Ron 1
Paul Whelan was arrested during the trump administration

Paul Nicholas Whelan (born March 5, 1970) is a Canadian-born ex-United States Marine with U.S., British, and Irish citizenship.[2][3] He was arrested in Russia on December 28, 2018

And what exactly did trump do to free him?

32294951006_25aafb86ee.jpg

Paul Nicholas Whelan (born March 5, 1970) is a Canadian-born ex-United States Marine with U.S., British, and Irish citizenship.[2][3] He was arrested in Russia on December 28, 2018

This is probably why. Whelan is a total dips**t who got kicked out of the Marine Corp for trying to steal $10k in Iraq.

Whelan was either the stupidest guy on the planet who contracted to do the stupidest swap of information in the worst possible city in the world, or he was set up by the Russians in order to be used later in a swap like this (but then Griner came along and is a better 1 for 1 swap). For me, the latter scenario is slightly more likely than the first, but I've seen stupider things.

Also, Whelan's family was told yesterday that he wasn't coming out because there was no way the Russians were agreeing to a 2 for 1 swap on this and his family was supportive of the swap (but that's clearly under duress, if they made a stink, Biden/State would stop trying to get him out altogether). This is a MUCH bigger, and more important, political win for Putin than Biden at a time when Putin desperately needs a win at home (way more than this gives Biden here).

People REALLY need to stop with the "Whelan Marine" thing... they look really, really stupid. I think most Marines would choke Whelan, with his own hand.

Trump wasn't fool enough to trade that guy for him. This trade Biden did is so uneven its not even funny. It doesn't surprise me Biden was the fool to do it though.

Once again you beat me to it! haha

I really don't care for Griner but for the people whining about Whelan, he was arrested doing Trump presidency. So don't critize Biden if you can't criticize Trump.

Reactions: RayGravesGhost
This is probably why. Whelan is a total dips**t who got kicked out of the Marine Corp for trying to steal $10k in Iraq.

Whelan was either the stupidest guy on the planet who contracted to do the stupidest swap of information in the worst possible city in the world, or he was set up by the Russians in order to be used later in a swap like this (but then Griner came along and is a better 1 for 1 swap). For me, the latter scenario is slightly more likely than the first, but I've seen stupider things.

Also, Whelan's family was told yesterday that he wasn't coming out because there was no way the Russians were agreeing to a 2 for 1 swap on this and his family was supportive of the swap (but that's clearly under duress, if they made a stink, Biden/State would stop trying to get him out altogether). This is a MUCH bigger, and more important, political win for Putin than Biden at a time when Putin desperately needs a win at home (way more than this gives Biden here).

People REALLY need to stop with the "Whelan Marine" thing... they look really, really stupid. I think most Marines would choke Whelan, with his own hand.
WOW, this is coming from you! I have to respect this.

I will disagree about Biden needing wins though. He literally had a great midterm and the best Senate outcome for a current president since 1934. He got PLENTY of wins.

So you support Russia detaining Whelan and America leaving him there?

Semper Fi !!!!

Of course Hiden made this swap. First, we gave up a criminal, we got a criminal back.

But the criminal we sent back to Russia will help facilitate the wars that Hiden and the dems can make money off of.

For dems every move is about power and money. The fact that more people will die in senseless wars due to this move is irrelevant to the people that will profit off those deaths.

Sheep, wake up.

Trump wasn't fool enough to trade that guy for him. This trade Biden did is so uneven its not even funny. It doesn't surprise me Biden was the fool to do it though.

But he was fool enough to do this...

https://www.verifythis.com/article/...ners/536-202b0ae9-6251-44d3-a3d0-b9e7d029aed9
Yes, the Trump administration in 2020 agreed to the release of 5,000 Taliban prisoners
Peace talks between the Afghanistan government and the Taliban, which never made substantial progress, didn’t begin until after the release of the prisoners.

THE ANSWER​

This is true.

Yes, as part of a deal made with the Taliban in 2020, the Trump administration agreed to the release of up to 5,000 Taliban prisoners in exchange for the release of up to 1,000 prisoners “of the other side.”

Once again you beat me to it! haha

I really don't care for Griner but for the people whining about Whelan, he was arrested doing Trump presidency. So don't critize Biden if you can't criticize Trump.

lol... So whether someone should be a priority to get out depends on who was POTUS when they were locked up? Nuttiest crap I ever heard. It was a joke anyone like Whelan or Griner would be traded for that guy though. Biden did this just to play to his lefty base and he is so weak he let Russia get away with not giving up Whelan also which still would have been a trade in Russia's favor big time.

Reactions: gatordad3
lol... So whether someone should be a priority to get out depends on who was POTUS when they were locked up? Nuttiest crap I ever heard. It was a joke anyone like Whelan or Griner would be traded for that guy though. Biden did this just to play to his lefty base and he is so weak he let Russia get away with not giving up Wlelan which still would have been a trade in Russia's favor big time.
The man who is spending billions on a war against Russia, the man who is hurting Russia economy, the man who is hurting Putin's money is scared of Russia? make that make sense!

lol... So whether someone should be a priority to get out depends on who was POTUS when they were locked up? Nuttiest crap I ever heard. It was a joke anyone like Whelan or Griner would be traded for that guy though. Biden did this just to play to his lefty base and he is so weak he let Russia get away with not giving up Whelan also which still would have been a trade in Russia's favor big time.

So basically what gator fever wanted was to leave all Americans in jail overseas :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT