ADVERTISEMENT

Brittney Griner sentenced to 9 years. She better pray for that prisoner swap.

The reality is that Britney being a different type of LGBTQ person and activist makes her an easy target…but 9 years in a Russian penal colony for weed is just wrong…sadgator doesn’t give a sh!t who you are…but then again…sadgator ain’t losing any sleep over it either way…she was foolish to go there…sadgator would never go to Russia…

Here's a question. What was Biden doing for Whelan or speaking for Whelan before the Griner arrest? I never heard a word. HIS family got no phone call from Biden. I never heard any prisoner swap talk before Griner. Whelan's been there a lot longer than Griner. So here's an answer. Whelan is just a plain ole WHITE guy. Griner checks all the boxes Biden likes. Black, gay and and an athlete.

So why did Biden get Trevor Reed released again?
Reed was negotiated for and released (April) after Griner was detained (March)

So your "answer" is patently wrong

Biden makes his decisions on appointments or causes based on skin color and/or sexual orientation, whether it's the Supreme Court, a Vice President or a press secretary. The press secretary is pathetically stupid who can only read from a binder, the Veep is a joke and the newest associate justice cannot even offer an answer as to what a woman is

Sounds more like you're the one that makes decisions based on skin color given that your "answer" above is 100% wrong

So what is the answer to Biden saying nothing about Whelan but all in when Griner becomes an issue?

You need a better command of the facts before posting...

Biden has been working on Whelan's case from the start of his administration
trump accomplished nothing when Whelan was captured during his administration

https://www.theoaklandpress.com/202...tration-will-push-harder-for-whelans-freedom/
Paul Whelan’s family is encouraged by early signs from the Biden administration that they plan to advocate and push harder for Whelan’s release from a Russian prison.

David Whelan, Paul’s brother, said his family views it as a “good sign” that the Biden administration seems to be more ready to engage with the Russian Federation than the Trump administration had been.

“I think Paul hoped that the Trump administration would be able to secure his release,” he said. “But it has been clear, over the two years that Paul has been wrongfully detained, that the Trump White House was disinterested in its relationship with the Russian Federation. (White House) Press Secretary (Jen) Psaki suggests there will be a different approach now, and we welcome it.”

Earlier this week, when asked about Whelan during a press briefing, Psaki didn’t provide any specifics, but did say: “Certainly we don’t plan to follow the same pattern of the last administration.

“President Biden has tasked his national security and intelligence team with assessing a range of issues as it relates to our relationship with Russia,” she added.”

• Haha
Reactions: kalimgoodman
I don't particularly want Americans to serve time in foreign prisons but you have to admit that there is some incredible irony involved in this situation.

She seemingly hated America. I bet she hates it less now. I bet she has a better understanding of the freedom she had here.

Also, it's apparently not a minor violation in Russia. If it were, I doubt she would have received 9 years. If she had asked me, I would have advised her not to smuggle drugs into Russia or any foreign country.
What makes you think she hates America? People in here bitch all the time about certain aspects of our country. Do they hate America? Wanting equal treatment for minorities is hardly hating America IMO.

If she “smuggled” it in knowingly, then I have no sympathy. But I understand it was only trace amounts, and she claims it was inadvertent. Who knows for sure.

But again, my major complaint is the people who want the “POS/bitch to rot in jail” just because she is gay, or dared to speak out against perceived injustices. Talk about antiAmerican. That’s just fascist.

said as you “cheer” for the Russians…

#irony…

irony-funny-pictures-coverimage.jpg
Who's cheering for the Russsians? This post below clearly explains it all. Most of all, this is not the garbage hoops players first trip to Russia, and it's obvious you nor the other Griner sympathizers on this very forum read it at all.

So you're suggesting as a guest in someone else's country you can just break their laws because you're an American?

And when you break their laws, we should trade a known arms dealer and terrorist to get you back?

She knew where she was, presumably, and she had to know how Russia feels about Americans and LGBT people.

Jesus would say render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.

Not your best work, friend.

I blame the agent- should have sent her to North Korea. Kim likes himself some "Rodman".

Sad that people are cheering the imprisonment of a US citizen for a minor violation. Not surprising though. Lots of hate in your hearts. I suggest you find Jesus.
Says the guy who thinks it's great to sell our oil to other countries while investing in their oil at god-awful high prices per barrel.

Griner got what she deserved. Her "black American privilege" got revoked in Russia because she broke the law over there. She knew what she was doing and thought she could get away with it. It's just remarkable how losers like yourself double-down on stupidity by showing sympathy for criminals like Griner. If anyone needs Jesus in their lives it's yourself, son.

Reactions: gatordad3
Says the guy who thinks it's great to sell our oil to other countries while investing in their oil at god-awful high prices per barrel.

Griner got what she deserved. Her "black American privilege" got revoked in Russia because she broke the law over there. She knew what she was doing and thought she could get away with it. It's just remarkable how losers like yourself double-down on stupidity by showing sympathy for criminals like Griner. If anyone needs Jesus in their lives it's yourself, son.
Yes, I believe in free trade. I’m not a commie.

And I don’t hate people just because they speak out against perceived injustices. I leave that to antiAmerican Godless haters like you.

The reality is that Britney being a different type of LGBTQ person and activist makes her an easy target…but 9 years in a Russian penal colony for weed is just wrong…sadgator doesn’t give a sh!t who you are…but then again…sadgator ain’t losing any sleep over it either way…she was foolish to go there…sadgator would never go to Russia…
It’s an awesome country which just happens to have a shitty, autocratic leader. It’s been a great country to visit until recently.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Yes, I believe in free trade. I’m not a commie.

And I don’t hate people just because they speak out against perceived injustices. I leave that to antiAmerican Godless haters like you.
Obviously you are a Commie among other things. You call giving a foreign enemy your own oil reserves "free trade", a well-known Communist, criminal regime at that. Plus, perceived injustices as people like Griner pertain to are nothing but street-level criminality that she'd want sympathy for.

Foot In Mouth bro👞

Last edited:
Obviously you are a Commie among other things. You call giving a foreign enemy your own oil reserves "free trade", a well-known Communist, criminal regime at that. Plus, perceived injustices as people like Griner pertain to are nothing but street-level criminality that she'd want sympathy for.

Foot In Mouth bro👞
We didn’t give it to them. We sold it to them. We sell a lot of things to China and other countries. We also buy things from them. That’s called free trade. You obviously don’t understand how business works. Look around your house. I’ll bet you buy a lot of things from China, your so called enemy.

They are not our enemy. That’s just Trumper talk.

Who’s pro Russia? I said it’s a beautiful country. I hate their autocratic government and their role in helping Trump win the 2016 election.

I don’t really know what their laws are concerning homosexuality, but I’m sure you would approve any.
Did you not watch the Olympics when Bob Costas was berating Russia over homophobic laws, etc? I'm surprised they didn't detain several Americans for violating that law.
the grinch waiting GIF

• Haha
Reactions: gatordad3
The only Russian collusion was that boob Adam Schiff being punked on a phone call from 2 Russian comedians into Schiff thinking they were Russian operatives with dirt (naked pictures) of Trump and making arrangement to acquire such material. There's your Russian collusion on tape.

The only Russian collusion was that boob Adam Schiff being punked on a phone call from 2 Russian comedians into Schiff thinking they were Russian operatives with dirt (naked pictures) of Trump and making arrangement to acquire such material. There's your Russian collusion on tape.

That was Comedic Gold and yet the Dims are all in. Go figure.

The first few replies in this post confirm everything I’ve felt about many of the members here. To have no qualms about denigrating another human being in such a way reveals how despicable you people are. Griner in a person, an American. She was wrong to do what she did. She is being treated unfairly. I’ve read discussions here about church, respect for the unborn. Where is the respect for another human being. I’m glad you guys/gals represent a radical fringe of the Republican Party. At least I hope so.

We didn’t give it to them. We sold it to them. We sell a lot of things to China and other countries. We also buy things from them. That’s called free trade. You obviously don’t understand how business works. Look around your house. I’ll bet you buy a lot of things from China, your so called enemy.

They are not our enemy. That’s just Trumper talk.
That's like giving a criminal the keys to the bank building. Your failed idea of "free trade" is why America is being destroyed by slant-eyed strangers who are also buying up farmland in droves as we speak. But hey, it's YOU already so such asinine ideology is expected.

The first few replies in this post confirm everything I’ve felt about many of the members here. To have no qualms about denigrating another human being in such a way reveals how despicable you people are. Griner in a person, an American. She was wrong to do what she did. She is being treated unfairly. I’ve read discussions here about church, respect for the unborn. Where is the respect for another human being. I’m glad you guys/gals represent a radical fringe of the Republican Party. At least I hope so.
Horsepoo. She's not being treated
unfairly, she's getting the same crappy treatment everyone in Mother Russia gets.

And we're going to fetch her. I bet there's gypsy in a Siberian logging camp that would literally kill someone for that kind of treatment.

Perhaps he'll appreciate the USA more. This is a good wake-up call for the lefties that hate America. Also, don't break the law when traveling abroad. Recall the film Midnight Express.

No she didn't.

But I'm sure you wish that she had to justify your lack of caring about an American locked up overseas wrongfully

It's difficult to believe anything that you say...but I asked a question and you answered. So thanks.

Also, I just posted yesterday that I don't really want any American in a foreign prison. So there you go again...spouting off without having your facts together.

You have very strong opinions on just about everything. I'm hopeful that one day these opinions will be based on something other than your emotions. Maybe a good, hard cry would help you out???

Let sadgator enlighten you…

She fell into the same misguided 2020 George Floyd…Taylor…no national anthem thing…and decided to “protest” by not being on the court for the anthem….

and as we all know, that is the wrong thing to do, so we don’t need to even argue that…but it was a specially intended “protest” based on her desire to effectuate civil rights change….

however, she also comes from a patriotic family and said the following…AT THE SAME TIME as announcing her protest…

“I don’t mean that in any disrespect to our country. My dad was in Vietnam and a law officer for 30 years,” she said. “I wanted to be a cop before basketball. I do have pride for my country.”

People need to grow up and examine the totality of circumstances before they knee jerk react to these things…

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...nba-stop-playing-national-anthem-this-season/

Like I said, I haven't followed this case at all. I heard more about it yesterday than I have since it began.

What makes you think she hates America? People in here bitch all the time about certain aspects of our country. Do they hate America? Wanting equal treatment for minorities is hardly hating America IMO.

If she “smuggled” it in knowingly, then I have no sympathy. But I understand it was only trace amounts, and she claims it was inadvertent. Who knows for sure.

But again, my major complaint is the people who want the “POS/bitch to rot in jail” just because she is gay, or dared to speak out against perceived injustices. Talk about antiAmerican. That’s just fascist.

I don't want her to rot in a Russian prison. I thought I was pretty clear on that.

Now would I trade Bout for her? Absolutely not. That's less about her value than it is an indictment on Bout's inhumanity.

Fair question for you. Biden has said she is being "wrongfully held". I assume you agree. I don't understand the word " wrongfully". Can you tell me the factors that put this into a "wrongfully held" category?

Do you have some reason to believe that she didn't do what they are accusing her of?

She admitted she did what they accused, and charged, her for. The judge just laughed at her bogus excuse it was an oversight that she packed the cartridges because she was in a hurry.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Here's a question. What was Biden doing for Whelan or speaking for Whelan before the Griner arrest? I never heard a word. HIS family got no phone call from Biden. I never heard any prisoner swap talk before Griner. Whelan's been there a lot longer than Griner. So here's an answer. Whelan is just a plain ole WHITE guy. Griner checks all the boxes Biden likes. Black, gay and and an athlete.

Biden makes his decisions on appointments or causes based on skin color and/or sexual orientation, whether it's the Supreme Court, a Vice President or a press secretary. The press secretary is pathetically stupid who can only read from a binder, the Veep is a joke and the newest associate justice cannot even offer an answer as to what a woman is

So what is the answer to Biden saying nothing about Whelan but all in when Griner becomes an issue?

One other box she checks for Biden is they say she is a female. But that hasnt been confirmed yet.

She wasn't "hanging out"... she's been working in Russia for years

Contrary to what you believe foreign governments have been targeting US nationals

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...hostage-taking-americans-foreign-governments/
More countries are taking Americans hostage. The U.S. is losing its ability to stop it.

For decades, being an American abroad carried unspoken protections in countries that either respected or feared the United States. But a shift in who is abducting U.S. nationals reflects a weakened regard for both the United States and the international system it operates in. New tools — and commitments from the White House — are needed to protect innocent people targeted as they live, work and travel overseas.

Foreign governments now surpass terrorist and militant groups as the predominant hostage-takers of U.S. nationals around the globe. Nineteen publicly known U.S. nationals are being held by militants and other criminal groups, while at least 43 are being wrongfully detained abroad as state-sponsored hostage cases, according to Cynthia Loertscher, research director at the James W. Foley Legacy Foundation, which works closely with the State Department on hostage issues. The rise in foreign governments wrongfully detaining Americans to extract concessions, policy changes or prisoner exchanges from the United States is dramatic:
I know she plays over there like a lot of women athletes so they can make more money. If you don’t realize the risk you take going to these countries, especially if it’s so well known, then it’s their own fault. Anyone with a clue from here knows Americans have a target on their back when they leave this border.

This is a teachable moment on the left's true values.

In the past, we have repeatedly discussed Griner's hate for America. When we did, the dems here had nothing to say.

But now that she's been sentenced for breaking the law.....suddenly @G8trDad3 @sadgator @BSC911 coming running out of the woodwork to cry about it.

Zero complaints when she said she hated America, but when she gets arrested for breaking the law, THAT upsets them.

The left's true values on full display for all.

It’s cool how ghost just ignores every actual substantive thing posted in the thread and just attributes positions and assertions to posters that they’ve never made…

sadgator bets that ghost actually cheered when the Russian killed Apollo…that’s the kind of “American” ghost is…

02dc4781f05db553cb37ebf699412352015a8b4b.gifv

It’s cool how ghost just ignores every actual substantive thing posted in the thread and just attributes positions and assertions to posters that they’ve never made…

sadgator bets that ghost actually cheered when the Russian killed Apollo…that’s the kind of “American” ghost is…

02dc4781f05db553cb37ebf699412352015a8b4b.gifv
In all fairness, Apollo had a big mouth and shouldn't have pissed off Ivan Drago. Because everything he hit, he surely destroyed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT