ADVERTISEMENT

BREYER TO RETIRE FROM SC

People my age didn't attend segregated schools. I grew up around people of all social backgrounds and race. More times than not, hate comes from ignorance. People my fathers age grew up in segregation.

The point being, it's more difficult to hate or not understand people that you grew up around. It's easier to feel that way if you've never really known _____ people...and it doesn't matter how you fill in that blank.

I don't believe the vast majority of people my age, and people about 10 years older than I am, need a quota to hire minorities. They're hiring people, not races or sex.
Great response. I do think being exposed to whatever does help.

I do think there is understandable concern that removing any law can led to reversal in behaviors.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
I do think there is understandable concern that removing any law can led to reversal in behaviors

It's a leap of faith...but one that the private sector took some time ago. Correct me if I'm wrong, but only the federal government and a few state governments still use affirmative action.

Organizations should resemble the communities in which they operate. It's good for businesses anyway and the dollar is all the enforcement one needs.

I see you don't understand how the Supreme Court works either.
Exactly. The SCOTUS only real job is to uphold the Constitution of these United States. Nothing more, nothing less. None of this "feel good" woke shit. I don't like everything in our Constitution. If I were king, I'd remove the clause that illegal aliens deserve due process.

Exactly. The SCOTUS only real job is to uphold the Constitution of these United States. Nothing more, nothing less. None of this "feel good" woke shit. I don't like everything in our Constitution. If I were king, I'd remove the clause that illegal aliens deserve due process.
The SC can only try the cases before them. And their job is to rule on the cases based on the law AS WRITTEN.

Dems pick judges who will rule on the law as they WISH it was written.

Scalia once said "If you don't like my rulings, talk to those guys" and he pointed across the street to the legislative branch. The implication being they make the laws, the SC interprets and rules on them.

Some of the comments I am seeing ITT from @kalimgoodman and @Illegal-shift on what they think the SC does are absolutely frightening.

eaab6226397bc796.png

You have your opinion, I have mine. Actually it's the GOP who is flocking to independent in droves. Why? Because the GOP has proven time and again when they get the power they are little better than a castrated donkey. We are going to have a rebirth within the GOP, the America First faction replacing the old Tea Party. There are RINOs retiring in big numbers. They know it's coming.
You are entitled to your opinions...but NOT your made up facts.

Trolling?

America 1st is a lie
Populist is the biggest lie
Fiscal discipline is a lie
Wtf is dignity of the individual?

They are only strong on borders and with police.
America first is only a lie to libs who actually do not believe in American exceptionalism. We do. This is why the military votes 72% red election after election.

The next SC justice will be picked solely on race and gender. Will that justice have to recuse themselves from any case involving race and gender?? It only seems fair.
And this is one of the most racist nominations in our history. CLEARLY the reason she will be nominated is because of her skin color. And she will always have to live with not being nominated on credentials...only skin color and gender

Reagan picked a judge because of gender (Day-O'Connor). Bush picked a judge because of race (Thomas). Trump picked judges to overturn a ruling (Kavanaugh, Gorsch, ACB).

Did you want them to recuse themselves when cases involving those topics came up? Or only this bother you?
Again, there is ZERO truth to this. Yes, Trump wants RvW overturned....but these judges are constitutionalists, and have proven so by their rulings already. they are not anything like Sotomayor, Kagan and Ginsburg. Political hacks

Reactions: NavigatorII
Again, there is ZERO truth to this. Yes, Trump wants RvW overturned....but these judges are constitutionalists, and have proven so by their rulings already. they are not anything like Sotomayor, Kagan and Ginsburg. Political hacks
Trump own words. Go look yourself.

It's a leap of faith...but one that the private sector took some time ago. Correct me if I'm wrong, but only the federal government and a few state governments still use affirmative action.

Organizations should resemble the communities in which they operate. It's good for businesses anyway and the dollar is all the enforcement one needs.
Nothing wrong with being an optimist.

You are entitled to your opinions...but NOT your made up facts.
It's clear you misunderstand. The fewer RINOs in the GOP, the better off we are. They are the weak sisters of the GOP, always compromising when we have the upper hand.
The following are retiring GOP Senators......namely because they were going to be primaried.

Richard BurrRepublican Party RepublicanNorth CarolinaJuly 20, 2016[1]
Pat ToomeyRepublican Party RepublicanPennsylvaniaOct. 5, 2020[2]
Rob PortmanRepublican Party RepublicanOhioJan. 25, 2021[3]
Richard ShelbyRepublican Party RepublicanAlabamaFeb. 8, 2021[4]
Roy BluntRepublican Party RepublicanMissouriMarch 8, 2021[5]

Burr-- is conservative, but has friends across the aisle. His Democratic opponent in his 2004 Senate race has gone on to speak highly of him. Voted to impeach Trump

Toomy-- voted to impeach Trump- don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Rob Portman- Trump hater

Richard Shelby- former Democrat, and Trump hater. Enough said

Roy Blunt- perhaps an exception to the above

Murkowski is one who is running. She needs to go away.

Collins and Romney are not up for reelection unless I'm mistaken.......more bad seeds.

Pretty much. My issue with politics have always been consistency. If you didn't criticize Trump for his judge selection process then don't criticize Biden. Stand for something.
Amen to that. Be fair, be inclusive, be consistent.

As a provocative example, the January 6th rioters should go to jail. The organized militias we saw (small subset) should be charged as insurrectionists.

For the BLM riots, they too should be held accountable and go to jail - both for commercial but especially for public property. Don Lemons and (now discredited) Chris Cuomo looked ridiculous as they downplayed it.

All congresspeople should be outlawed from stock trading: be it Kelly L. or Nancy P.

If we protect Ukraines borders, d..... it, protect ours.

It's clear you misunderstand. The fewer RINOs in the GOP, the better off we are. They are the weak sisters of the GOP, always compromising when we have the upper hand.
The following are retiring GOP Senators......namely because they were going to be primaried.

Richard BurrRepublican Party RepublicanNorth CarolinaJuly 20, 2016[1]
Pat ToomeyRepublican Party RepublicanPennsylvaniaOct. 5, 2020[2]
Rob PortmanRepublican Party RepublicanOhioJan. 25, 2021[3]
Richard ShelbyRepublican Party RepublicanAlabamaFeb. 8, 2021[4]
Roy BluntRepublican Party RepublicanMissouriMarch 8, 2021[5]

Burr-- is conservative, but has friends across the aisle. His Democratic opponent in his 2004 Senate race has gone on to speak highly of him. Voted to impeach Trump

Toomy-- voted to impeach Trump- don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Rob Portman- Trump hater

Richard Shelby- former Democrat, and Trump hater. Enough said

Roy Blunt- perhaps an exception to the above

Murkowski is one who is running. She needs to go away.

Collins and Romney are not up for reelection unless I'm mistaken.......more bad seeds.
You can start replacing RINO ONLY once you have a significant majority.

Take Susan Collins. Imagine if the party ran her our and the Dems had a 51-49 control. Now Joe Manchin, who has done exceptional things these past months is rendered impotent.

Are you REALLY going to leave federal takeover of votiing rights, massive expansion of government to Kisten Synema?

Trump leaning Rs also need to be PRACTICAL. Even the Liz Chaney jihad is comical. She is as conservative as the day is long. Her one "crime"? Saying that January 6th was a debacle that Trump had some accountability in (read: SAYSOMETHING once the assault had begun).

Again, free to have your opinion. At some point, you need to be practical or you will be a minority party. This is Bernie Sander's fatal flaw.

Again, free to have your opinion. At some point, you need to be practical or you will be a minority party. This is Bernie Sander's fatal flaw.
Never mind the Democrat election fraud that took place in various swing states at the Presidential level, we'd never had been in this mess to begin with without election fraud enabled by two RINO GOP officials in Georgia, Kemp and Raffensberger. When you are in charge and in control, use the power vested in you to avoid these situations. Covid was the excuse that allowed the Trojan Horse Fraud in the door. Maybe do something proactive to avoid these disasters? The CORRECT answer is to primary these weak hands with someone who has their constituents backs.

NavII - the problem, of course, comes down to what is now a religious question of whether:

1. The election was "stolen"
2. The election had the appearance of being stolen, could have been swung, but subsequent audits have not borne that out. Future elections though have major questions unless state level voting law bills are passed.
3. This is the "big lie"

My view is #2 is the case and Kemp and Raff have passed those bills and were so "provocative" that MLB pulled the summer baseball game.

By the way, elections being "stolen" is focused on completely the wrong measure. The measure is immigration and illegal immigration. Focus on that. Hispanics, although this is changing, "tend" to vote D.

Republicans can have the tightest voting laws, but if we see population shift, then traditionally conservative states like California (home of Reagan) will turn D and even P (progressive).

Your view of RINOs should be, in my view, COMPLETELY on immigration management. If you have a Mitt R. who will allow uncotrolled migration so that his businesses have cheap labor, yes, primary him and get him out. He is the one who will allow the USA to turn into California.

If he is for strong borders, strong policing, and limited government, then stop with the inane 2020 Trump loyalty litmus tests and move forward.

Focusing on the 2020 Trump loyalty test does one thing and one thing only: keep CNN and MSBNC in business for a few more years.

NavII - the problem, of course, comes down to what is now a religious question of whether:

1. The election was "stolen"
2. The election had the appearance of being stolen, could have been swung, but subsequent audits have not borne that out. Future elections though have major questions unless state level voting law bills are passed.
3. This is the "big lie"

My view is #2 is the case and Kemp and Raff have passed those bills and were so "provocative" that MLB pulled the summer baseball game.

By the way, elections being "stolen" is focused on completely the wrong measure. The measure is immigration and illegal immigration. Focus on that. Hispanics, although this is changing, "tend" to vote D.

Republicans can have the tightest voting laws, but if we see population shift, then traditionally conservative states like California (home of Reagan) will turn D and even P (progressive).

Your view of RINOs should be, in my view, COMPLETELY on immigration management. If you have a Mitt R. who will allow uncotrolled migration so that his businesses have cheap labor, yes, primary him and get him out. He is the one who will allow the USA to turn into California.

If he is for strong borders, strong policing, and limited government, then stop with the inane 2020 Trump loyalty litmus tests and move forward.

Focusing on the 2020 Trump loyalty test does one thing and one thing only: keep CNN and MSBNC in business for a few more years.
Post 478 and 479

Take Susan Collins. Imagine if the party ran her our and the Dems had a 51-49 control. Now Joe Manchin, who has done exceptional things these past months is rendered impotent.

Are you REALLY going to leave federal takeover of votiing rights, massive expansion of government to Kisten Synema?

Trump leaning Rs also need to be PRACTICAL. Even the Liz Chaney jihad is comical. She is as conservative as the day is long. Her one "crime"? Saying that January 6th was a debacle that Trump had some accountability in (read: SAYSOMETHING once the assault had begun).

This is so true. I laugh at the Cheney new love on the left and new hate on the right.

Reactions: grandhavendiddy
Amen to that. Be fair, be inclusive, be consistent.

As a provocative example, the January 6th rioters should go to jail. The organized militias we saw (small subset) should be charged as insurrectionists.

For the BLM riots, they too should be held accountable and go to jail - both for commercial but especially for public property. Don Lemons and (now discredited) Chris Cuomo looked ridiculous as they downplayed it.

All congresspeople should be outlawed from stock trading: be it Kelly L. or Nancy P.

If we protect Ukraines borders, d..... it, protect ours.
This is good.

Reactions: grandhavendiddy
Pretty much. My issue with politics have always been consistency. If you didn't criticize Trump for his judge selection process then don't criticize Biden. Stand for something.
Quite possibly the dumbest thing you have ever posted here.

You just don't want anyone criticizing the racist you voted for.

So Trump says he's going to select a top judge with impeccable credentials. That's his selection process.

Hiden says he's going to select a single, hispanic mom who is working part-time at McDonalds.

And you say can't criticize Hiden's selection process if you didn't criticize Trump's. LMAO!

Reactions: gatordad3
Quite possibly the dumbest thing you have ever posted here.

You just don't want anyone criticizing the racist you voted for.

So Trump says he's going to select a top judge with impeccable credentials. That's his selection process.

Hiden says he's going to select a single, hispanic mom who is working part-time at McDonalds.

And you say can't criticize Hiden's selection process if you didn't criticize Trump's. LMAO!
If there is to be criticism of Trump's pick of ACB, it's that he took the path of least resistance in picking a woman after the Kavenaugh shit show, instead of picking the best PERSON who is a strict constitutionalist as opposed to a revisionist, whether it be a man or woman. He knew the left was outnumbered, but they were also painted into the corner of hypocritical accusations. He basically hog tied them with a female pick.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
If there is to be criticism of Trump's pick of ACB, it's that he took the path of least resistance in picking a woman after the Kavenaugh shit show, instead of picking the best PERSON who is a strict constitutionalist as opposed to a revisionist, whether it be a man or woman. He knew the left was outnumbered, but they were also painted into the corner of hypocritical accusations. He basically hog tied them with a female pick.
ACB was a brilliant pick from Trump. She is also a genuinely good person and smart jurist. When Dems tried to play identity politics on her adoption of black children as somehow being a "colonialist" it is when independent white women said, "ok - this is complete B.S. When does this stop". Again, it was one his best moves as President.

Fwiw...I am not sure how one has a perfect "best qualified" rubric for any role including the Supreme Court.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Let's also be clear - the FBI whether it be Whitmer or January 6th, has a LOT it needs to answer for. With that said, I did not see any video of undercover people, forcing at point of gun fire, the mob crash into the Capitol. Just as Hannity, Laura A., DTJ and Ivanka and others said, it was an abomination and absolutely against our values as America and values of Republicans - especially after the BLM riots.

Be at the "Stop the Steal" protests. Absolutely their right and it was a powerful show of discontent. Storm the capital - terrible. Hard stop.

Let's also be clear - the FBI whether it be Whitmer or January 6th, has a LOT it needs to answer for. With that said, I did not see any video of undercover people, forcing at point of gun fire, the mob crash into the Capitol. Just as Hannity, Laura A., DTJ and Ivanka and others said, it was an abomination and absolutely against our values as America and values of Republicans - especially after the BLM riots.

Be at the "Stop the Steal" protests. Absolutely their right and it was a powerful show of discontent. Storm the capital - terrible. Hard stop.
Put the blame where it belongs........right at the feet of Pelosi.

The former chief of U.S. Capitol Police says security officials at the House and Senate rebuffed his early requests to call in the National Guard ahead of a demonstration in support of President Trump that turned into a deadly attack on Congress.

Former chief Steven Sund -- who resigned his post last week after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called for him to step down -- made the assertions in an interview with The Washington Post published Sunday.

Sund told the Post that House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving was concerned with the "optics" of declaring an emergency ahead of the protests and rejected a National Guard presence. He says Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Michael Stenger recommended that he informally request the Guard to be ready in case it was needed to maintain security.

Sund says he requested assistance six times ahead of and during the attack on the Capitol. Each of those requests was denied or delayed, he says.

The only criticism I have of Trump's pick of ACB is that he made it after Kavanaugh's pick. But I suspect that was somewhat politics, pick a Kennedy pupil to replace him, pick a pro-life woman to replace notoriously pro-death rbg.

Having said that, a few of her rulings on the SC have been questionable. Several of Kavanaugh's have been. I suspect the whole process got to him and his family, which was the dem's intent.

NavG - agreed. Let's be VERY clear on issues.

First and foremost those people should NEVER have "stormed the capital". I don't care what police were/were not there or whether the FBI is egging people on.

Secondly, it was BLAZINGLY obvious that there should have been increased policing and the failures of capital police were multiple.

Third, given the Whitmer revels, it seems increasingly likely that the FBI greenlighted this to some extent.

For you, you have, properly highlighted questions on #2 and #3. What I have not seen from you is any accountability for #1. People are not idiots. They should never have stormed the capital - and if you do, there are and should be significant consequences.

As always, you are free to your opinions, but let's try to keep this a balanced discussion. If you believe that they should have stormed the capital, then we are having a very different conversation.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
NavG - agreed. Let's be VERY clear on issues.

First and foremost those people should NEVER have "stormed the capital". I don't care what police were/were not there or whether the FBI is egging people on.

Secondly, it was BLAZINGLY obvious that there should have been increased policing and the failures of capital police were multiple.

Third, given the Whitmer revels, it seems increasingly likely that the FBI greenlighted this to some extent.

For you, you have, properly highlighted questions on #2 and #3. What I have not seen from you is any accountability for #1. People are not idiots. They should never have stormed the capital - and if you do, there are and should be significant consequences.

As always, you are free to your opinions, but let's try to keep this a balanced discussion. If you believe that they should have stormed the capital, then we are having a very different conversation.
No. What I'm pointing out, where was the Dimtard outrage when the White House was "stormed"? .... more than once. Where were the investigations of Pelosi and Schumer lack of action in condemning that, including arson and looting? And what about the Kavenaugh confirmation mayhem? All good?

What happened at the Capitol was a Boy Scout Jamboree in comparison. And we still don't know who actually broke into the Capitol, whether protesters or FBI false flag instigators. "We can't answer that" :rolleyes:

Reactions: gatordad3
When was the White House "stormed" with arson and looting? Pelosi and Schumer deserve a lot of scrutiny, to be sure.

This is a Boy Scout Jamboree?

Until you have an ability to call out your own, when it is plain and obvious, it is hard to have a serious discussion with the other side.

When was the White House "stormed" with arson and looting? Pelosi and Schumer deserve a lot of scrutiny, to be sure.

Until you have an ability to call out your own, when it is plain and obvious, it is hard to have a serious discussion with the other side.
GhostofmatchesMalone and I watched PBS (of all people) film the "insurrection" live from Washington. We were posting about it in real time. The eye test saw a handful of people (we don't know who they are, or their motives) break into windows, then open the doors. The eye test says we had guards chatting with people filing in taking selfies, strolling through the Capitol like they were in an art gallery. One was asked what he was doing there, "I'm just looking for a bathroom". 🤣

I'll get back to you on the White House protests, Google has tried to put all that behind us so it will take some searching. I can't believe you don't remember the DC "mostly peaceful" protests.🤣

TheHill.com

Protesters knock down White House security barricades as tensions mount over Floyd's death​

BY MARINA PITOFSKY - 05/30/20 07:19 PM EDT 3,965

Lafayette is closed after last night’s scuffles with the Secret Service. Closest you can come to the White House is the 17th Street checkpoint where about two dozen cops with helmets and batons are watching from the other side.

Barricades have fallen to the west of the White House and the crowd is surging forward, once again coming face-to-face with Secret Service who’ve moved into formation and raised their riot shields—a few stained yellow from eggs just thrown.

Insanity outside the White House. Three warnings of an unlawful assembly from the Secret Service before storming into the crowd. A lot of people have been hit with paper spray. In all the chaos, at least one person was tossed to the ground and presumably arrested.

The protests mark the second violent clash between law enforcement and protesters in as many days, The Washington Post reported. Hundreds of demonstrators gathered at the Capitol on Saturday afternoon and moved toward the White House.

Protesters pushed against barriers on Pennsylvania Avenue and the riot shields of Secret Service agents, according to the Post. Several Secret Service vehicles were damaged.

Rioters began around 4 pm Saturday to move past barrier fences near the White House. They were chanting "hands up, don't shoot." As a reminder to our readers, "hands up, don't shoot" was a statement comprised from what one witness said Michael Brown did when confronted by police in Ferguson, Missouri prior to being shot.

May 31, 2020 Night of destruction across D.C. after protesters clash with police outside White House Cars and buildings were set ablaze and businesses were vandalized in Washington, D.C., after protesters and...

At least 60 Secret Service members injured ... - Fox News

https://www.foxnews.com › us › more-than-60-secret-service-officers-injured-during-violent-george-floyd-protests-in-washington-d-c
Secret Service Police officers form a block on Pennsylvania Avenue NW to prevent protesters from reaching the White House during a rally in Washington, Saturday, May 30, 2020. Demonstrations took...

:rolleyes:

I meant to include more in the prior posts, but too much information in a single post gets passed over. Nobody including me wants to read a wall of text. While I truly believe Jan 11 was a big nothing burger, even if you believe it was so horrible why do the pants-shitting leftists get passes in blue cities and states for MUCH MUCH worse?? Hell, DA's across the country were turning them loose even after assaulting police officers, looting, arson, and more.

All this aside..........what is infuriating is that, just like Russia Russia Russia bullshit, they are trying to pin this on Trump when in no uncertain terms did he ever advocate breaking into the Capitol. Yet just like the Mueller scam, they will beat this drum until no one cares.

I totally agree on all of that except for Jan 6th, being "nothing". A mob got out of control and those individual should pay for what they did - EXACTLY as the DAs should have for the BLM riots in the Summer of 2020.

Was it a true, organized "insurrection"? That is where the questions come in from Reuters and others.

And no question they are trying to shift focus away from a terrible 2021.

I read the entire link. In a nutshell, ALL of them suck. Including Lindsey Graham for endorsing the South Carolina woman.
Childs and Kruger do suck, and would be horrible…..

Jackson is a reasonable pick. She actually will rule based upon the law, and her rulings haven’t been all bad. She clerked for Breyer at one time, and may be a better deal than Breyer ever was. We are going to get a somewhat liberal justice in any event, and she’s the best of the litter, if Biden hold to a female black justice

the other two have no interest in the law or constitution, and are activist judges - think worse than Elena Kagan

I totally agree on all of that except for Jan 6th, being "nothing". A mob got out of control and those individual should pay for what they did - EXACTLY as the DAs should have for the BLM riots in the Summer of 2020.

Was it a true, organized "insurrection"? That is where the questions come in from Reuters and others.

And no question they are trying to shift focus away from a terrible 2021.
I'm gonna go with this. The USA has the most heavily armed private citizenry in the world. How does a modern day "insurrection" occur without a single shot fired by the protesters?
Not even a torch or pitchfork. 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT