ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Solves High Gas Prices

Even his avatar was a lie. @jfegaly 😂

1325412f89c7485a3f4807083ee30530.jpg

THIS is how Brandon made war on the fossil fuel industry

March 2020 - Biden: "Number one, no more subsidies for fossil fuel industry. No more drilling on federal lands. No more drilling, including offshore. No ability for the oil industry to continue to drill, period, ends, number one."
January 2021- Biden halts drilling auctions immediately after taking office.
June 2021 - Federal judge orders a resumption of auctions, saying the government was required by law to offer acreage to the oil and gas industry.
Aug 2021 - As a result of a federal court order, the Biden administration announced plans to open millions of acres for oil and gas exploration as the White House sought to comply with the court order requiring it to resume lease auctions.
November 2021 - The Biden administration called for oil and gas companies to pay more to drill for oil and gas on public lands.
March 2022 - The Biden administration recently put further restrictions on pipeline construction after the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission announced new guidelines requiring that any new projects meet climate change thresholds.

March 2020 - Biden: "Number one, no more subsidies for fossil fuel industry. No more drilling on federal lands. No more drilling, including offshore. No ability for the oil industry to continue to drill, period, ends, number one."
June 2021 - Federal judge orders a resumption of auctions, saying the government was required by law to offer acreage to the oil and gas industry.
Aug 2021 - As a result of a federal court order, the Biden administration announced plans to open millions of acres for oil and gas exploration as the White House sought to comply with the court order requiring it to resume lease auctions.
November 2021 - The Biden administration called for oil and gas companies to pay more to drill for oil and gas on public lands.
March 2022 - The Biden administration recently put further restrictions on pipeline construction after the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission announced new guidelines requiring that any new projects meet climate change thresholds.
“Biden doesn’t control oil prices”.

- @BSC911 in a thread he started entitled “Biden solves high gas prices”, probably

Texas electricity rates are moving up, up and away. My zip code electricity rate was 5.2 cents per kwh on Election Day. Today finds 13.3 cents. Texas electricity rates can be tracked at powertochoose.org.

Natural gas is going up and we might see home heating shortages this winter. And the slow are outraged when the thinking question 81 million of us stupid enough to vote for this.

Here's a good read on the impact of reduced refining capacity on gasoline prices.

Note that this blog entry addresses the Biden administration's proposal to re-start shutdown refineries.

Here's a good read on the impact of reduced refining capacity on gasoline prices.

Note that this blog entry addresses the Biden administration's proposal to re-start shutdown refineries.
We haven't built a new refinery since 1977.

I think I'll fill wife's Jeep today with E-85 at $4.18 at Velaro. 7-11 is $4.41 for E-85. E-10 is $4.51 at 7-11 and $4,49 at Velaro.. I filled my PT yesterday at $4.51. Jeep guzzles E-85. I'll check computer mpg on trip meter A at fill up, run through a tank of E-85 and check again.

We haven't built a new refinery since 1977.

I think I'll fill wife's Jeep today with E-85 at $4.18 at Velaro. 7-11 is $4.41 for E-85. E-10 is $4.51 at 7-11 and $4,49 at Velaro.. I filled my PT yesterday at $4.51. Jeep guzzles E-85. I'll check computer mpg on trip meter A at fill up, run through a tank of E-85 and check again.
I'm not sure if we have a choice of E-85 vs E10 here. Some places carry ethanol free but the price is even more ridiculous. I won't buy it, even for the boats.

I'm not sure if we have a choice of E-85 vs E10 here. Some places carry ethanol free but the price is even more ridiculous. I won't buy it, even for the boats.
You can blame the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) program for the E-85 / high-price E0 gasoline insanity. I don’t have time to fully explain it but it’s another wonderful government program whereby bureaucrats make political / economic decisions about our fuel supply.

Reactions: fatman76
You can blame the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) program for the E-85 / high-price E0 gasoline insanity. I don’t have time to fully explain it but it’s another wonderful government program whereby bureaucrats make political / economic decisions about our fuel supply.

Doesn't it require the equivalent of 1.1 gallons of fuel (in terms of energy required) to produce 1 gallon of ethanol?

I understand the rudimentary basics, summer vs winter blends. I read somewhere the Brandon administration was going to temporarily suspend required summer blend...... but I haven't seen evidence anywhere of that.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian

Also, once they had to start leasing the land again, they just stopped issuing permits. You need both, a lease of the land and a permit to drill.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT