ADVERTISEMENT

Best players on the team...

Harris needs to get his act together along with Tabor or they will be getting kicked off the team.

Right, and to MJ's earlier point, had he not gotten in trouble he likely would have been called on Saturday given how ineffective Grier was for three quarters. We are gonna need both at some point in time. So far, I'd say Grier has come through big in 1 game UT and Harris has come through big in 1 (ECU). I don't think either is good enough to run away with the job (yet), though Grier has the most potential. Grier should keep starting as long as he performs though, key being as long as he performs. He's earned at least that after Saturday.

There is an article on Gatorsports where mac talks about giving Harris a shot on Saturday. Mentions Grier's inconsistent play.

There is an article on Gatorsports where mac talks about giving Harris a shot on Saturday. Mentions Grier's inconsistent play.
I love competition. Especially at the QB position.

I'm not one of the old foggeys that think you have to settle on one QB before the season starts. Some of our greatest QB's have came due to competition.

It is more to do with his selfishness. I know your argument that many other members of the team toke it up. However like it or not, the QB position is different. You have to be the leader or be ready to step in as the leader. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time around the wrong chick and in the wrong car twice already. This time he got caught.

Gavin Dickey led his team to multiple HS State Championships. He saw the field more with a position change.

If Harris is content being a back up.QB I hope he sticks around...and stays away from trouble.

I say we make Derice the driver

sanka.jpg

Grier found confidence in the 4th quarter. Not sure why, but he did.

It seems like he finally felt okay about his OL protection.

Not trying to get into a piss match with you but at least he is more mature then the QB you tout. He isn't selfish to put illegal drugs before his team.

I am touting no one. But Harris's lack of leadership makes Grier the starter, it doesn't make him good. The guy literally does ALL the same stuff people complained about JD doing. I don't have some inferiority complex that because Grier starts I need to convince myself that he is good.

Grier was awful for 3 qtrs yesterday and has ZERO touch on his deep ball. Loooonnnngggggg ways to go
I'm sorry bro but you seem to have an ax to grind...for whatever reason you want to see Treon taking snaps. To say that Grier was AWFUL for 3 quarters is so far off base. He as inconsistent...he had some good throws and some bad ones...not ever incomplete pass is on the QB...you should rewatch the game. The offense is getting better and better every week.

The best players on the team,,,, are the TEAM PLAYERS!

The one's that show up every day, do their jobs, make their grades,,,,,,,,,,
AND STAY OUT OF TROUBLE AND ARE AVAILABLE FOR THE GAMES.
o_O

Each week different 'players' will need to step up and make the plays to win.
I'm looking forward to watching ALL of them grow up together. :cool:

Reactions: g8rbass94
Simply.not.true

Driskel would have never gone 5 for 5 on fourth down. At least two of those on broken plays. Driskel would have sacked himself on the ones where Grier scrambled
Agree wholeheartedly. I do not see Driskel hitting 5 of 5 4th downs. 1.....maybe.

Grier found confidence in the 4th quarter. Not sure why, but he did.

It seems like he finally felt okay about his OL protection.

That and I think the no huddle we went to helped. UT had to stay in basic coverages to deal with the tempo and we got a lot of easy completions which just built the confidence of the entire offense. That's just one more reason I've been wanting to go to a hurry up spread for a long time, it simplifies the game for the QB.

I am touting no one. But Harris's lack of leadership makes Grier the starter, it doesn't make him good. The guy literally does ALL the same stuff people complained about JD doing. I don't have some inferiority complex that because Grier starts I need to convince myself that he is good.
My bad. I do remember you were excited before the opening game that Treon was the starter. That's why I thought you touted one over the other.

Simply.not.true

Driskel would have never gone 5 for 5 on fourth down. At least two of those on broken plays. Driskel would have sacked himself on the ones where Grier scrambled

That's exactly what I thought watching the replay. Especially the next to last drive, I was already imaging driskel taking that sack on the 3rd 4th down when the pocket collapsed. The best thing about Grier is how quick from standing completely still he is. He will get much better

Reactions: MJWilliamson

if you watch Grier throughout the game you can see how much better he can be and will be

The two best players on the team right now are probably Bullard and J Davis.

There are multiple guys this year, when there were none the last couple years, who SEEM to have the "IT" factor.

and if the defense decides to start tackling with both their shoulders, arms and hands....we might make some noise. Otherwise, Fournette and Chubb are going to make any positive mojo on offense feel like an after thought. The missed tackle reel was movie-length.

That and I think the no huddle we went to helped. UT had to stay in basic coverages to deal with the tempo and we got a lot of easy completions which just built the confidence of the entire offense. That's just one more reason I've been wanting to go to a hurry up spread for a long time, it simplifies the game for the QB.
I agree...I hope we go more up tempo...helps keep the defense on their toes and doesn't give them much time to set up or adjust to the play that's coming at them. QB can also get an a good rhythm when things are clicking...also helps the QB get the ball out faster. Seem like we are typically snapping the ball around the 8-9 second mark...UK and UT ran a little faster tempo than us...they snap it a little quicker than we do....I'm not sure about what would be appropriate or reasonable as I've never really paid attention to that until this season but I would think around the 13 or 15 second mark would be pretty fast..not sure though.

UT's DC said he ran what he did at the end of the game because he had seen Grier struggle the most with those coverages on film in the games prior. So Griers lights are obviously turning on upstairs and he's starting to get it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT