ADVERTISEMENT

Batteries cost more than the car

i have no issue with you driving what you want, i have issues with you have strong opinions on things you know nothing about... remember, i am a freedom loving american patriot, not a slave to the invisible man or woman...
you seem to have made it clear you are voting for joey so no way you are a freedom loving Patriot

Last edited:
maryland I love my big ole honkin gas guzzlin F150 - I am sure driving a tesla is nice - I like how much I enjoy driving my golf cart around the neighborhood with my Grandchildren
My Tundra gets 11mpg in town.

I can get 19 on the highway if I keep it under 70, have the wind at my back and only go downhill.

Not investment advice. Hard to bet against this man.. its like trying to handle me, not easy.

it also uses more gas, whats your point??
What takes longer, putting gas in a car or charging a Tesla, even with the rapid charger?

Do you even know what a PIT maneuver is?

You can't just slap a light bar on a Model Y or a cybertruck and call it a cop car.

A lot of thought and design went into the police interceptor package.

Now, I'd put my money on Elon coming up with one but using a Y as a pursuit model currently is foolhardy.

Last edited:
What takes longer, putting gas in a car or charging a Tesla, even with the rapid charger?

Do you even know what a PIT maneuver is?

You can't just slap a light bar on a Model Y it a cybertruck and call it a cop car.

A lot of thought and design went into the police interceptor package.

Now, I'd put my money on Elon coming up with one but using a Y as a pursuit model currently is foolhardy.
depends on when you charge, i rarely use a supercharger, only on road trips. so gas is much longer usually. Super charging gets you 100 miles in about 10 to 15 min. so if a cop needs to top off, can easily do so while taking a piss and eating a doughnut. Remember that i said over the next decade, the technology is rapidly advancing so try to look from this point forward, not from this point backwards, as @Capt Ron 1 likes to do. the power and perfomance differential is yuuuuge and getting yuuuger.

• Haha
Reactions: LordofallSocks
depends on when you charge, i rarely use a supercharger, only on road trips. so gas is much longer usually. Super charging gets you 100 miles in about 10 to 15 min. so if a cop needs to top off, can easily do so while taking a piss and eating a doughnut. Remember that i said over the next decade, the technology is rapidly advancing so try to look from this point forward, not from this point backwards, as @Capt Ron 1 likes to do. the power and perfomance differential is yuuuuge and getting yuuuger.
Cop cars go hard all day. THat's why they buy new ones every year, and why the police interceptor package was created.

Reactions: fatman76
and thats why the will all be electric within a decade.
I'd need to see 1) A Tesla police interceptor package and 2) extensive field testing.

High speed pursuits are dangerous and so is vehicle blocking. You think they have those enormous bumperguards just because they look cool?

• Wow
Reactions: Mdfgator
I'd need to see 1) A Tesla police interceptor package and 2) extensive field testing.

High speed pursuits are dangerous and so is vehicle blocking. You think they have those enormous bumperguards just because they look cool?
They do look cool though….

hard to argue, the future is looking bright!!!!!!! thank god we have these wonderful american companies in California!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, the first submarines were diesel electric, which technically makes them hybrids. 😁
LOL, yes and aircraft carriers have nucleat power. Recreation boats will be all electric, but i think it will be a longer transition than the automobile... We shall see. Exciting times we live in.

i wonder how the evironmentalists allowed elon to do this???? i hear from the sheep that lithium is sooooooooo bad for the environment... why do the sheep scare so easily???? tiny.......??? perhaps. small islands??? perhaps... its why they cling to the bible.... its like their blanky.....

• Haha
Reactions: LordofallSocks
LOL, yes and aircraft carriers have nucleat power. Recreation boats will be all electric, but i think it will be a longer transition than the automobile... We shall see. Exciting times we live in.
It makes more sense for a boat to be electric than a car.

A boat that's out of gas or with a dead battery is still a boat, you can paddle that bitch home if you need to. A sailboat with an electric motor and a solar panel would weigh significantly less than one with a diesel motor and fuel cell. Especially the larger coastal and open ocean boats. And people who own large pleasure craft won't blink at replacing a 13k battery every ten years.

• Love
Reactions: Mdfgator

i wonder how the evironmentalists allowed elon to do this???? i hear from the sheep that lithium is sooooooooo bad for the environment... why do the sheep scare so easily???? tiny.......??? perhaps. small islands??? perhaps... its why they cling to the bible.... its like their blanky.....
So you don't understand the difference between a mine and a refinery?

That tracks.

Interesting, this might be a sign of the excess consumption of all things during the trump shutdown and stimi period are coming to an end for the secular growers like Tesla….

The math here will continue to get more in favor of ev’s. Its not rocket science my lil sheep

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT