ADVERTISEMENT

Arik Gilbert to UF!!

You lost 4 games. This should be very simple. I don’t care that you played fir thevSEC. You lost. You lost 3 of your last 4. We finished ranked higher than you. It’s not even a real debate.
Really. You got blown out by UF and got blown out by Bama but yet you had a better season because you didn’t win anything and didn’t really beat anybody either. Interesting take

So when Georgia fans here were reminding you all we’d won three in a row, you all said that’s all we cared about. Funny how the same situation in reverse is somehow different now, huh?

You wont find me ever claiming something like that. Short of winning the SEC winning that game is what matters most imo.

Reactions: PacoGator19
You lost 4 games. This should be very simple. I don’t care that you played fir thevSEC. You lost. You lost 3 of your last 4. We finished ranked higher than you. It’s not even a real debate.
This is SO lame. You should be ashamed. We beat you. We played in the SECCG. Man up...own it...and hope that your team can get over the hump in 2021...

No offense, but it seriously is thinking like this that explains why it’s been 14,670 days for your program...just sayin’...

Last edited:

Without the shoe throwing incident UF beats Lsu and the bowl games last yr i dont think any team had all their players. They are exhibitions at best. I realize Georgia doesnt care about championships (you never win them so it makes sense). UF beat you, played Bama closer than you, and won the SEC east over you.... So yes, i agree, not even a real debate.

We kicked your ass, completely annhilated you really after that 14-0 hole to start the game, outscoring you 44-14 the rest of the game, it was an epic mismatch. We also played Bama to within 6 points and gave them their biggest scare of the season by far, but they beat you like a drum. No doubt UF was better than Georgia last season.

Yeah we lost our last three games of the season, but two of those games were without Kyle Pitts, who is likely going to be the first TE drafted in the top 5 since the 70’s, he is that special a talent and that big a difference maker, and half the team was out against Oklahoma so who gives a crap about that game.

Reactions: gatordad3
So when Georgia fans here were reminding you all we’d won three in a row, you all said that’s all we cared about. Funny how the same situation in reverse is somehow different now, huh?
Without the shoe throwing incident UF beats Lsu and the bowl games last yr i dont think any team had all their players. They are exhibitions at best. I realize Georgia doesnt care about championships (you never win them so it makes sense). UF beat you, played Bama closer than you, and won the SEC east over you.... So yes, i agree, not even a real debate.

From what all these Georgia fans kept telling us after the 2018 and 2019 seasons, all that mattered to them was beating Florida. Winning an SEC East Division and going to the CFP were luxuries to them.
lmao2.gif
lmao2.gif
lmao2.gif
lmao2.gif

When you were winning the game, it was all about head to head. You lost the game, so now it's not about head to head any more. I mean, I get why you're moving the goalposts, but you are still moving them. You and your fellow dwags posts for the past couple of years invalidate the above argument entirely.

Personally, I'd rather Paco didn't ban you. Unlike most, you had and have the balls to stop by after losing. But then, maybe I'm being too hard on your compatriots; Paco has banned most of them, hard to stop by when you've been barred from the premises.

Reactions: fsu939913
Don't G-a-S about the legghumpers or their fans warped opinions, so now, back to the thread topic. 🤓

Gilbert was not, and is not, needed at UF.
Personally, I don't think he would have been much competition for the TE's already on the roster.

#2 TE-H Kyle Pitts 6-6 246 Jr **** - A 4-star that's now off to the 1st Rnd of the NFL draft.
7.3 Gms - 43 for 770 Yds, 17.9 Yds/Rec, 12 TD's.

#1 TE-H
Arik Gilbert 6-5 248 *****
35 for 368 Yds, 10.5 Yds/Rec, 2 TD's.

Gilbert ain't no Kyle Pitts.... :rolleyes:

#3 TE-H
Gamble 6-4 252 rsSr ****- ESPN Top 300
10 for 160 Yds, 16.0 Yds/Rec 3 TD's

#1 TE-H
Zipperer 6-3 240 Jr **** - ESPN Top 300
11 for 145 Yds, 13.2 Yds/Rec, 2 TD's

Both Gator backup TE's had better stats in 2020 than 5 star Gilbert had for the defending NC

#23 TE-Y Odom 6-6 240 rsFr *** (way under-rated imo)
Good routes, soft hands, solid blocker, (legacy OL Jason)

-----
And two more 4-star Fr guys in the room for 2021.
#2 TE-Y Gage Wilcox 6-4 230 Fr **** - ESPN Top 300 - summer
#3 TE-Y Nick Elksnis 6-6 237 Fr **** - ESPN Top 300 - EE
Tim is already talking about how good Nick is at Spring practice.

Personally, it shows how dumb Gilbert is, for even thinking that he could come in to UF and be the automatic starter.

Gator 2021 TE's without Gilbert.

I believe that the author of that article is clueless about 'Gilbert going elsewhere' being some kind of a 'major blow' to the Gator's 2021 TE room.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Why do you Georgia fans try to hijack threads by discussing the Dwags?

This lady's husband is far more realistic than 99% of you Georgia fans.
200.gif
lmao2.gif

Did you see the graphic at the bottom of the screen about how UGa won 5 of their last 6 and were 4-0 with JT Daniels as the starter?

Now, remember at the beginning of the year when we all, as a group, agreed that UGa had the typical UT back half of the schedule? Well it looks like UGa is doing what UT always does, which is think that beating a bunch of tomato cans to finish the year is a sign of great progress. That graphic was one of the first pebbles in what is going to be an avalanche of optimism for UGa next year. I'm waiting for that narrative to really take off, because, it's coming.

Legghumpin' Buttsniffin Nuttlickers.
Case Closed... :p

PS
#1 TE-H Gilbert was not needed at UF and I won't miss him at all....
#2 TE-H Pitts is an early departure to the 1st Rnd of the NFL draft.

What's still on the Gator's 2021 roster?

#3 TE-H Gamble rsSr
#1 TE-H Zipperer Jr
#23 TE-Y Odom rsFr (severely under-rated)
#2 TE-Y Wilcox Fr - summer
#3 TE-Y Elksnis Fr - EE

All are good TE's, good students, and good citizens = Great Gators
Sorry, but I wouldn't trade any of them for Gilbert....

PS

#3 TE-H Gamble rsSr
#1 TE-H Zipperer Jr
#3 TE-Y Elksnis Fr - EE

What do you think about Bowman leaving Clemson trying to take snaps from our other RBs? Was he not needed either or does it upgrade that position with him coming here?

Legghumpin' Buttsniffin Nuttlickers.
Case Closed... :p

PS

#3 TE-H Gamble rsSr
#1 TE-H Zipperer Jr
#3 TE-Y Elksnis Fr - EE

What was retarded is you thought losing our highest recruited lineman in Isaiah Walker to Miami was no big deal.

What do you think about Bowman leaving Clemson trying to take snaps from our other RBs? Was he not needed either or does it upgrade that position with him coming here?

When Gamble and Zippippippippipperererererer(see Jacob Copeland and his 3 dropped passes per game) stop having bad cases of the drops(passes), then I will be convinced we don't need Arik Gilbert.

Reactions: Gator Fever
What was retarded is you thought losing our highest recruited lineman in Isaiah Walker to Miami was no big deal.

When Gamble and Zippippippippipperererererer(see Jacob Copeland and his 3 dropped passes per game) stop having bad cases of the drops(passes), then I will be convinced we don't need Arik Gilbert.

Not sure what is going on with Gilbert but I do want to see these TEs show it on the field before saying we are stacked there.

Not sure what is going on with Gilbert but I do want to see these TEs show it on the field before saying we are stacked there.

I think the right word would be potential. UF has high potential at the TE position but that doesnt always equal success it just gives you a better chance to have it. I have no doubt Mullen will have a competent offense.

Before you tell me, or ask me about Bowman, detail to me the major impact that 5-star Lingard made in 2020 for the Gators. Both he and Bowman MAY eventually be great additions to UF's RB roster, but that remains to be seen as of yet. I'd have been a lot happier with the 3 returning RB's and 2 5-star OL xfers.
As it currently is, I'm just hoping that the roster that we have gels and works out great for 2021.

I already said that I'd take xfer Gilbert, but that I didn't believe that UF 'needed' him to fill a TE hole.
Here's my reason why. Now you twits give me your reasons for saying different? 🤓
#1 TE-H Gilbert - 10 yds/rec, 2 TD's - starter
#3 TE-H Gamble 16 yds/rec 3 TD's - backup #1
#1 TE-H Zipperer 13 yds/rec 2 TD's - backup #2
And Brewster is already touting the raw abilities of rsFr Odom and Fr Elksnis at Spring practice.
Plus he has yet another quality TE coming in the summer, Gage Wilcox. He made the early choice to commit to the Gators over offers from the likes of Alabama and Georgia.

Now explain to me why Gilbert chose LSU instead of UF out of HS.
Then explain to me why Gilbert is bailing out on his LSU commitment.
And please be as nasty to me as possible while doing so, cause that's entertainment... 🤣

Before you tell me, or ask me about Bowman, detail to me the major impact that 5-star Lingard made in 2020 for the Gators. Both he and Bowman MAY eventually be great additions to UF's RB roster, but that remains to be seen as of yet. I'd have been a lot happier with the 3 returning RB's and 2 5-star OL xfers.
As it currently is, I'm just hoping that the roster that we have gels and works out great for 2021.

I already said that I'd take xfer Gilbert, but that I didn't believe that UF 'needed' him to fill a TE hole.
Here's my reason why. Now you twits give me your reasons for saying different? 🤓
And Brewster is already touting the raw abilities of rsFr Odom and Fr Elksnis at Spring practice.
Plus he has yet another quality TE coming in the summer, Gage Wilcox. He made the early choice to commit to the Gators over offers from the likes of Alabama and Georgia.

Now explain to me why Gilbert chose LSU instead of UF out of HS.
Then explain to me why Gilbert is bailing out on his LSU commitment.
And please be as nasty to me as possible while doing so, cause that's entertainment... 🤣

"Friday, RB Lorenzo Lingard took to Twitter to announce that he was going to be eligible this season. And just like that, the running back room and position just got better for the 2020 season....

#26 RB Malik Davis 5-11 195 rsJr
#8 Dameon Pierce 5-10 207 Jr (likely starter, others to be determined)
#16 Ath Iverson Clement 5-11 193 rsSo (RB-FS)
#2 RB Lorenco Lingard 6-0 200 rsSo (Waiver granted, available for 2020)
#16 RB Nay'Quan Wright 5-9 195 rsFr
(247 HS position rankings -- Ht-Wt from 2019 Bio's)

Note: Dan brought in 6 transfers to the 2020 class, and 3 of them were HS 5-stars:
#2 LB Cox - #2 RB Lingard - #1 WR Shorter"

--------------------------------
You seemed to think we were good to go at RB heading into 2020 getting Lingard on board who rode the bench mostly in Miami (and at UF so far) and then it wasn't much better than the 2019 rushing stats in the lower half of the league.

Now with Gilbert a highly ranked player that actually produced some stats in limited action it means nothing because we are already set?

You seem to say we needed Lingard to make the RB position better in 2020 even if we had bodies there already. Even pointed out him being the # 2 ranked RB in the class despite saying those rankings mean nothing all the time.

Sounds like school issues are why Gilbert didn't come to UF initially and is looking around again.

How much receiving production did we get out of the TE's not named Pitts to say we are good to go there for sure?

"Friday, RB Lorenzo Lingard took to Twitter to announce that he was going to be eligible this season. And just like that, the running back room and position just got better for the 2020 season....

#26 RB Malik Davis 5-11 195 rsJr
#8 Dameon Pierce 5-10 207 Jr (likely starter, others to be determined)
#16 Ath Iverson Clement 5-11 193 rsSo (RB-FS)
#2 RB Lorenco Lingard 6-0 200 rsSo (Waiver granted, available for 2020)
#16 RB Nay'Quan Wright 5-9 195 rsFr
(247 HS position rankings -- Ht-Wt from 2019 Bio's)

Note: Dan brought in 6 transfers to the 2020 class, and 3 of them were HS 5-stars:
#2 LB Cox - #2 RB Lingard - #1 WR Shorter"

--------------------------------
You seemed to think we were good to go at RB heading into 2020 getting Lingard on board who rode the bench mostly in Miami (and at UF so far) and then it wasn't much better than the 2019 rushing stats in the lower half of the league.

Now with Gilbert a highly ranked player that actually produced some stats in limited action it means nothing because we are already set?

You seem to say we needed Lingard to make the RB position better in 2020 even if we had bodies there already. Even pointed out him being the # 2 ranked RB in the class despite saying those rankings mean nothing all the time.

Sounds like school issues are why Gilbert didn't come to UF initially and is looking around again.

How much receiving production did we get out of the TE's not named Pitts to say we are good to go there for sure?

We have solid guys at TE but nobody that defenses quake in fear over or will game plan to double team all night. TE's drafted in the top 10 are few and far between, this is our first in 122 years of play.

Who caught a TD right after Pitts got knocked out of the UGly game?

And did you miss this?

To my eyes, Gilbert ain't no Kyle Pitts, just because he had a 5-star ranking, and Pitts was only a 4 star out of HS,, just like Gamble and Zipper were, and Elksnis and Wilcox are.

Gambler - Zipper - Elksnis EE - Wilcox, and none of them are likely to be academic causalities, and they chose to be Gators from the get-go.... :cool:

So you’re admitting that we had a better season last year?

Reactions: fsu939913
#3 TE-H Gamble rsSr ****
#1 TE-H Zipperer Jr ****
#21 TE-Y Odom rsFr **** - (Legacy Jason)
#3 TE-Y Elksnis Fr **** EE
#2 TE-Y Wilcox Fr **** Summer
-----
NR TE CJ Hawkins 6-7 220 - UF Commit -- Berkeley Prep, Tampa
Early NR, but look at the top quality offers that are piling up... (Mother's a UF Grad)
29 Offers: UA-UGly-UK-MS-TN-SCa--FSU-Mia-MichSt-TX-Stan-VaT--UCF-USF-Yale- Etc.

This is the way to build long term quality and depth at a position.
(and I wouldn't trade this guy for Gilbert)

On the year, Mackey Award winner Kyle Pitts accumulated 43 receptions for 770 yards and 12 touchdowns in just 8 games, all tops for tight ends in not only the SEC itself but in the entire NCAA. He's now a Jr early departure projected Top 10 NFL draft pick.

Gators tight ends coach Tim Brewster has coined his group, and the University of Florida, "Tight End U," and there's plenty of reason why it is labeled as such. Both Keon Zipperer and Kemore Gamble were plenty talented enough to position the Gators to victories this season while Pitts was out due to injury.

1a Kyle Pitts - 6-6 240 Jr - 43 for 770 Yds, 12 TD's
(Arik Gilvert 6-5 249 --- 35 for 368 yds, 2 TD's,,, ho-hum)
1b & 1c Gamble-Zipperer - 21 for 305 Yds, 5 TD's
Plus b & c provided very good blocking skills.
And all were Top 3 rated TE's coming out of HS.

But Gamble and Zipperer, as good as they've already proven to be, don't have the size & athleticism that Pitts has. So, welcome the unproven new comers that do....

Jonathan Odom 6-6 240 rsFr (legacy Jason)
Nick Elksnis 6-6 237 Fr - EE
Brewster has been thrilled with their performance at Spring camp.
Gamble rsSr and Fr Wilcox are both 6-4, Zip is 6-3.
With Brewster coaching them, all 5 will be ready and available in 2021.

It's like nobody was ever going to be as good as Wuerffel, or Grossman, or Tebow,,, and then there was 2-star Trask... Just like the 2021 TE room, different, but all are very good, (Gilbert is still NOT needed imo)....

On the year, Mackey Award winner Kyle Pitts accumulated 43 receptions for 770 yards and 12 touchdowns in just 8 games, all tops for tight ends in not only the SEC itself but in the entire NCAA. He's now a Jr early departure projected Top 10 NFL draft pick.

Gators tight ends coach Tim Brewster has coined his group, and the University of Florida, "Tight End U," and there's plenty of reason why it is labeled as such. Both Keon Zipperer and Kemore Gamble were plenty talented enough to position the Gators to victories this season while Pitts was out due to injury.

1a Kyle Pitts - 6-6 240 Jr - 43 for 770 Yds, 12 TD's
(Arik Gilvert 6-5 249 --- 35 for 368 yds, 2 TD's,,, ho-hum)
1b & 1c Gamble-Zipperer - 21 for 305 Yds, 5 TD's
Plus b & c provided very good blocking skills.
And all were Top 3 rated TE's coming out of HS.

But Gamble and Zipperer, as good as they've already proven to be, don't have the size & athleticism that Pitts has. So, welcome the unproven new comers that do....

Jonathan Odom 6-6 240 rsFr (legacy Jason)
Nick Elksnis 6-6 237 Fr - EE
Brewster has been thrilled with their performance at Spring camp.
Gamble rsSr and Fr Wilcox are both 6-4, Zip is 6-3.
With Brewster coaching them, all 5 will be ready and available in 2021.

It's like nobody was ever going to be as good as Wuerffel, or Grossman, or Tebow,,, and then there was 2-star Trask... Just like the 2021 TE room, different, but all are very good, (Gilbert is still NOT needed imo)....

We've had how many TE's drafted in the top 10 in our history? Oh, right none. But it's about to be one. That's 1 in 125 years of football. Yet you want us to believe that there won't be a dropoff with Pitts' departure. Let me see if I can explain this properly: There WILL be a dropoff.

Note: Gamble and Zipperer were not "1b and 1c". They were backups that got some PT due to injury. The idea that either of those guys were anywhere near Pitts is laughable.

Little Loopy Lizzy, the point is that Gilbert is also NOT KYLE PITTS.
(your straw-man whining, not my claim that there would be NO drop-off at TE)

And that our 2 2020 backups had better production that Gilbert had.

The point was that our current 2021 TE room DOES NOT NEED GILBERT, so W-TF-UP dimwit...

Little Loopy Lizzy, the point is that Gilbert is also NOT KYLE PITTS.
(your straw-man whining, not my claim that there would be NO drop-off at TE)

And that our 2 2020 backups had better production that Gilbert had.

The point was that our current 2021 TE room DOES NOT NEED GILBERT, so W-TF-UP dimwit...
Yeah. Saying we’re okay at TE doesn’t mean there won’t be a drop off. There is always a drop off when a legend at a position leaves. We’ve had some great TEs here but I can’t remember one as good as Pitts. Of course there will be a drop off, but the position can still be effective and solid and provide what it needs to. Pitts is a special player, but we have plenty of talent at the position still.

Bump
You Georgia fans like to hijack threads around here so...

"
Poor dipsh*T Georgia fan getting his ass handed to him as he replies.

Reactions: ih8f$u and CallmeKG
Who do you believe when the stars and the offers differ so greatly?
I go with the offers...

Gator 2022 commit - #35 TE CJ Hawkins 6-7 220 *** - Tampa, FL
Offers: UF--UA-UG-UK-MS-SCa-TN -- He committed to UF
AzSt-FSU-GaT-KSt-MichSt-Pitt-Pur-Rut-TX-VaT
In state school evals: UF-FSU-UCF-USF-FAU-FIU
How smart is this kid? UF-Duke-Stan-Yale -- 29 total offers already.

He's a B-Baller with ship offers. 2021 will only be his 2nd year playing football.
Watch his 2020 vid, good hands with pancake blocks at all 3 levels, DE-LB-SS.

>>> After watching his highlights and seeing his offers, does anyone really believe that this kid is only a 3-star #35 TE with a #652 Natl. ranking???
🤗

I'll say it again, I wouldn't trade this kid for the former 5-star Gilbert.

Transfer players are far from a sure thing. Occasionally you get a guy who wants to come home, or didn't get a fair shake at his first school, but mostly what you get are guys who couldn't beat out the other guys. I'd rather get the guys the transfer guys couldn't beat out.
Disagree with this. Sure you can find an example here and there but it usually has more to do with as you mentioned being away from home. You can add not quite clicking with the coaches other players etc. But "couldn't beat out the other guys" usually not the case. Go back and see how some of our transfers have fared. Haven't heard much of the guys they couldn't beat out. Just my opinion.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Disagree with this. Sure you can find an example here and there but it usually has more to do with as you mentioned being away from home. You can add not quite clicking with the coaches other players etc. But "couldn't beat out the other guys" usually not the case. Go back and see how some of our transfers have fared. Haven't heard much of the guys they couldn't beat out. Just my opinion.
Sorry, can't agree. Most transfers flame out, but you don't hear about them because they get no press. You are trying to take the exception and make it the rule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT