ADVERTISEMENT

Arik Gilbert to UF!!

Potential is there.
He doesn’t even have to be 100% Pitts, that may not be possible, but any talented TE with great hands and Mullen is going to make sure they can change a game. I’ve never seen a coach get the most out of QBs and TEs like Mullen does. I’m just glad he doesn’t seem to care about defense, that gives me hope.

Reactions: gatordad3
He doesn’t even have to be 100% Pitts, that may not be possible, but any talented TE with great hands and Mullen is going to make sure they can change a game. I’ve never seen a coach get the most out of QBs and TEs like Mullen does. I’m just glad he doesn’t seem to care about defense, that gives me hope.
Insta to post stats on UF being ranked 8th and 9th overall on defense while calling you a clueless twit in 3....2....1..........

• Haha
Reactions: fsumc
Insta to post stats on UF being ranked 8th and 9th overall on defense while calling you a clueless twit in 3....2....1..........
I mean 2018 and 2019 you guys had good defenses against everyone except teams with decent offense. But this years defense from an outsider’s perspective it looks like you ran out of McElwain players and not quite the talent of transfers to fill the gaps. As unorganized and clueless as we looked offensively and defensively under Willie, your defense looked exactly like that this year. Good thing those secondary coaches got the boot though, they were really messing with your DL running off the field late and LBs being out of position.

I mean 2018 and 2019 you guys had good defenses against everyone except teams with decent offense. But this years defense from an outsider’s perspective it looks like you ran out of McElwain players and not quite the talent of transfers to fill the gaps. As unorganized and clueless as we looked offensively and defensively under Willie, your defense looked exactly like that this year. Good thing those secondary coaches got the boot though, they were really messing with your DL running off the field late and LBs being out of position.

You think we don't know Grantham has overstayed his usefulness? We know.

I thought we were friends?!
See where Clown-U's excuse for thinking gets you.... 😏
=====

Gilbert will need to 'earn' his way at UF.
The Gator TE room is loaded.
#7 TE Gamble rsJr
#2 TE Zipperer So
#32 TE Odom 2nd year Fr (way under-rated imo)
And two more 4-star Fr guys coming in to the room for 2021.

With the shift in offense due to a QBdt, a BLOCKING TE that can still do the receiver part will be the TE need for 2021. Odom is likely to be excellent in the blocking area. (Dad OL Jason Odom)
Plus both Gamble and Zipperer had better Yds/Catch numbers in 2021 as backups, than Gilbert had.

Former 5-star WR Grimes So didn't just drop in and become the #1 WR.
Former 5 star RB Lingard rsSo didn't just drop in and become the #1 RB.
Former 5 star WR Shorter rsSo didn't just drop in and become the #1 WR.
So Gilbert will need to prove himself at practice and earn his snaps.
#5 TE Pitts was just a 4-star in those recruiting service opinions. :rolleyes:

BTW, Grantham has 30+ years of quality coaching experience under his belt.
All you mouth runners have is 20-30 years of beer under your belts, along with your expertise as msg brds village idiots.... 🤣

The rumor is that he wasn't going to qualify.

go figure.

Yep its crazy how many we lose because of that. Main reason we hardly ever get players back over the years after junior college that don't qualify as freshman.

Are they unable to pass that CLAST exam or whatever its called? Not even sure if that is still around however.

Edit: Looking at his situation why was he even considered to be coming to Florida as I thought the rules were you can't transfer to UF entering your sophomore year even as a football player. I guess things changed and they can now if Bowman is here.

Last edited:
5-star TE transfer announces his decommitment from Florida https://twitter.com/arik_gilbert/status/1366111703663063060

I'm guessing that he finally took a critical look at UF's 3 returning TE's, plus the 2 newbee Fr TE's that will also be on the 2021 roster. Likely feels like the competition is a bit too strong for him to just walk in and be the automatic starter..

Sounds like its something on the education end for sure. He will probably have no problem getting accepted into the other SEC schools except maybe Vandy. If he messes up and chooses GA that will probably be a big mistake as they have a talented young one already that Smart will probably refuse to use hardly.

While I've already said that I'd take him, I also said that he wasn't needed at UF.

The Gator TE room is loaded. (HS rankings per ESPN)

#2 TE-H Kyle Pitts Jr **** - Off to the 1st Rnd of the NFL draft.

#3 TE-H Gamble 6-4 252 rsSr ****- ESPN Top 300
#1 TE-H Zipperer 6-3 240 Jr **** - ESPN Top 300
(Both had better stats as backups in 2020 than 5 star Gilbert had for the defending NC)
#23 TE-Y Odom 6-6 240 rsFr *** (way under-rated imo)
-----
And two more 4-star Fr guys in the room for 2021.
#2 TE-Y Gage Wilcox 6-4 230 Fr **** - ESPN Top 300 - summer
#3 TE-Y Nick Elksnis 6-6 237 Fr **** - ESPN Top 300 - EE
=====

Oof. Tough break, dude is a superstar.

Not even close, but he'd certainly be a superstar at FSUcks now daze.... ;)

While I've already said that I'd take him, I also said that he wasn't needed at UF.

The Gator TE room is loaded. (HS rankings per ESPN)

#2 TE-H Kyle Pitts Jr **** - Off to the 1st Rnd of the NFL draft.

#3 TE-H Gamble 6-4 252 rsSr ****- ESPN Top 300
#1 TE-H Zipperer 6-3 240 Jr **** - ESPN Top 300
(Both had better stats as backups in 2020 than 5 star Gilbert had for the defending NC)
-----
=====

Not even close, but he'd certainly be a superstar at FSUcks now daze.... ;)

We just picked up another 5 star today in sam mccall

Okay so listening to ESPN radio Baton Rouge this afternoon, here's some things.

so there is some kind of family thing involved, which is why no one in BR was terribly surprised when he announced he was transferring, but they all assumed it would be to UGA, since he's from Marietta and that would put him closer to family.

I think grades are still a thing but it's starting to sound like there's another aspect to this.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Gilbert was not, and is not, needed at UF.
Personally, I don't think he would have been much competition for the TE's already on the roster.

#2 TE-H Kyle Pitts 6-6 246 Jr **** - A 4-star that's now off to the 1st Rnd of the NFL draft.
7.3 Gms - 43 for 770 Yds, 17.9 Yds/Rec, 12 TD's.

#1 TE-H
Arik Gilbert 6-5 248 *****
35 for 368 Yds, 10.5 Yds/Rec, 2 TD's.

Gilbert ain't no Kyle Pitts.... :rolleyes:

#3 TE-H
Gamble 6-4 252 rsSr ****- ESPN Top 300
10 for 160 Yds, 16.0 Yds/Rec 3 TD's

#1 TE-H
Zipperer 6-3 240 Jr **** - ESPN Top 300
11 for 145 Yds, 13.2 Yds/Rec, 2 TD's

Both Gator backup TE's had better stats in 2020 than 5 star Gilbert had for the defending NC

Good routes, soft hands, solid blocker, (legacy OL Jason)

-----
Tim is already talking about how good Nick is at Spring practice.

Personally, it shows how dumb Gilbert is, for even thinking that he could come in to UF and be the starter.

Reactions: mcanes
But we had a better season
Huh? How did you have a better season when you lost to UF and didn’t win the SEC East.? Is it because you beat mighty Cincy in a bowl game? I can’t wait to hear this spin and it better be good or it will be back to the blacklist again for like the 4th time.

But we had a better season

I will take the head to head win anytime over Georgia short of winning the SEC Championship without it. So next season if we do win that game but lose the SEC East with the harder path it doesn't mean anything if you don't win the conference championship.

Reactions: gatordad3
Okay so listening to ESPN radio Baton Rouge this afternoon, here's some things.

so there is some kind of family thing involved, which is why no one in BR was terribly surprised when he announced he was transferring, but they all assumed it would be to UGA, since he's from Marietta and that would put him closer to family.

I think grades are still a thing but it's starting to sound like there's another aspect to this.

Yea its not grades lol i think thats wishful thinking

Huh? How did you have a better season when you lost to UF and didn’t win the SEC East.? Is it because you beat mighty Cincy in a bowl game? I can’t wait to hear this spin and it better be good or it will be back to the blacklist again for like the 4th time.
You lost 4 games. This should be very simple. I don’t care that you played fir thevSEC. You lost. You lost 3 of your last 4. We finished ranked higher than you. It’s not even a real debate.

I will take the head to head win anytime over Georgia short of winning the SEC Championship without it. So next season if we do win that game but lose the SEC East with the harder path it doesn't mean anything if you don't win the conference championship.
So when Georgia fans here were reminding you all we’d won three in a row, you all said that’s all we cared about. Funny how the same situation in reverse is somehow different now, huh?

ADVERTISEMENT