ADVERTISEMENT

Alligator attacks on the rise in Florida...

Never saw a hammerhead in that area here but when I used to do a lot of offshore trolling off fort pierce for dolphin many times they would be hanging out in the area hoping for an easy meal.

I think those flats were a nursery for hammerheads and other sharks. That's what I was told by an old salt anyway.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I used to catch gators when I was a kid growing up in Miami. Too many pussies in Florida now.

You have the best beaches in Florida, hands down. Even the Keys are jealous.
If only I could win the lottery I’d be over thataway in two seconds.
Prices dropping in Destin market right now. The condominium Associations must have just gotten their new insurance premium bill and there’s a bunch of them with special assessments.

Prices dropping in Destin market right now. The condominium Associations must have just gotten their new insurance premium bill and there’s a bunch of them with special assessments.
I have not seen property drop here yet. People for the most part are not in bidding wars, but houses priced at market are moving very quickly. Not supercharged, but real good.

I have not seen property drop here yet. People for the most part are not in bidding wars, but houses priced at market are moving very quickly. Not supercharged, but real good.
I get updates from Zillow daily and the number of condos with price drops is increasing rapidly. Mostly on Holiday Isle and the area around Henderson Beach State Park.

I used to catch gators when I was a kid growing up in Miami. Too many pussies in Florida now.

Dear lowered...will the people on this "bored" please just acknowledge how tough MDF is so he doesn't feel the need to remind us 6 times a day.

Show us your biceps again MDF. 😂

• Haha

I am on the east coast and its dropped a little here with existing homes anyway. I think the crazy insurance rates and higher mortgage rates are finally halting sales of existing homes quite a bit. Not sure how most locals can even afford to buy a home anymore with the crazy insurance increases etc.

Dear lowered...will the people on this "bored" please just acknowledge how tough MDF is so he doesn't feel the need to remind us 6 times a day.

Show us your biceps again MDF. 😂
Oh stop getting your panties in a bunch.

I still can't convince myself that a condominium is a good value no matter how nice it is, no matter than it is mostly maintenance free outside your front door. The condo fees into perpetuity makes me think of it as a rental forever. I suppose if money is no object then that is fine. For now, I don't mind a little sweat equity on maintaining the exterior of our properties. However, with every passing year, the struggle becomes more real. :(

I still can't convince myself that a condominium is a good value no matter how nice it is, no matter than it is mostly maintenance free outside your front door. The condo fees into perpetuity makes me think of it as a rental forever. I suppose if money is no object then that is fine. For now, I don't mind a little sweat equity on maintaining the exterior of our properties. However, with every passing year, the struggle becomes more real. :(

I never understood these rich people wanting to live in these developments with people right up on you like that. If I had money like that my residence would be on a good size piece of land where you could make all the noise you wanted to. I guess I might have the riverfront close to the beach place just for an extra place to dock a boat at and hang out a little bit.

Reactions: NavigatorII
I never understood these rich people wanting to live in these developments with people right up on you like that. If I had money like that my residence would be on a good size piece of land where you could make all the noise you wanted to. I guess I might have the riverfront close to the beach place just for an extra place to dock a boat at and hang out a little bit.
You’re the perfect MAGA good old boy!
Not a criticism BTW.

I managed HOA’s and very expensive oceanfront condos and there’s a very different mindset for sure.

LOL apparently GF don’t get out much...
My MOS in the Marines involves me being in the water a lot.

Years ago when deployed on a WESTPAC training with Australian and New Zealand forces, I had the opportunity to take a helicopter tour over Sidney Harbor and the Great Barrier Reef.

And once I saw the size, population, and distance from swimmers of the denizens of the watery deep from above, I no longer get in the water.

Cthulhu and all the Deep Ones could be swimming 10 feet away from you and you wouldn't know it.

Eff that noise, Wolf is drinking beer on the beach from an approved container.

Reactions: goldmom
Since when?

They have found out they travel closer than thought but when they track them they rarely get anywhere near the beach in FL. One did get close one time though near the fort pierce inlet almost at the inlet itself. People were called liars years ago when they claim they saw one offshore but all the video now is showing many were telling the truth.

Eff that noise, Wolf is drinking beer on the beach from an approved container.

It's common knowledge that if you pee while in the ocean, they'll leave you alone. So the beer is a good idea.

But if that isn't accurate, at least you had beer and you were going to piss yourself anyway when you noticed them.

Further I have it on good authority that you're all being pansies. MDF would simply punch these sharks into submission in his heyday.

They have found out they travel closer than thought but when they track them they rarely get anywhere near the beach in FL. One did get close one time though near the fort pierce inlet almost at the inlet itself. People were called liars years ago when they claim they saw one offshore but all the video now is showing many were telling the truth.
ORLY.

They caught and released the one you're talking about in 2013.

Killer Whales have been disrupting migration patterns and cycles.

ORLY.

They caught and released the one you're talking about in 2013.

Killer Whales have been disrupting migration patterns and cycles.

Yep usually a distance from the beach though except rare occasions. Probably because we dont have seals like they do in CA and up north. Havent saw that about Killer Whales but did hear a group of them were killing a lot of Great Whites. Its probably still on youtube but some guy was doing that deep spearfishing off the coast near here and like a 15 foot great white came within like a foot of him before turning.

Yep usually a distance from the beach though except rare occasions. Probably because we dont have seals like they do in CA and up north. Havent saw that about Killer Whales but did hear a group of them were killing a lot of Great Whites. Its probably still on youtube but some guy was doing that deep spearfishing off the coast near here and like a 15 foot great white came within like a foot of him before turning.
Killer Whales like to snack on shark liver and apparently sharks know this and it has led to them showing up places they haven't been before during seasons they aren't supposed to to swing wide of Killer Whale pods that are feeling a mite peckish.

As killer whales are the honey badgers of the sea, they go where they want, when they want.

Found the video I think - it was offshore of Sebastian, FL.

Not sure its the same one as I thought the one I watched was even closer than that. Still pretty crazy though not expecting that.

You can fish on Jax Beach and bring in small juvenile sharks. I have family who’s done it PLENTY. Fish off the Jax pier and bring em In regularly

You can fish on Jax Beach and bring in small juvenile sharks. I have family who’s done it PLENTY. Fish off the Jax pier and bring em In regularly

I do remember hearing they learned they do their birthing around the FL/GA border area so that would make sense.

I think this is old data. Things are changing. (for some reason) They caught a GW last year in Navarre on the beach, and one this year in P'Cola. GW's are not the problem w sharks. Bull sharks are. They have very poor vision, and bite more people than all others combined around here. they take a bite, and mostly realize (when it is a human) that it is not what they want, and move on. That is why you usually see only one or two bites...then they move on. But make no mistake...there are 1000 lb+ Tigers and others out there that do not stop at one bite, and the main reason I never wanted to learn to dive. When you see the stories about missing divers never foinding a trace, I think this is the answer many times. They are eating machines

I think this is old data. Things are changing. (for some reason) They caught a GW last year in Navarre on the beach, and one this year in P'Cola. GW's are not the problem w sharks. Bull sharks are. They have very poor vision, and bite more people than all others combined around here. they take a bite, and mostly realize (when it is a human) that it is not what they want, and move on. That is why you usually see only one or two bites...then they move on. But make no mistake...there are 1000 lb+ Tigers and others out there that do not stop at one bite, and the main reason I never wanted to learn to dive. When you see the stories about missing divers never foinding a trace, I think this is the answer many times. They are eating machines

Yep Bull sharks are aggressive as hell. Had one stare me down getting lobsters one time. I didnt know any non-recently born great whites had been caught from the beaches in FL (but I mostly just know the east coast). That is crazy even if its rare. I never saw a big tiger shark going out the Ft Pierce inlet but people I know have seen 15 footers near there. I have seen some really big hammerheads offshore though.

New Smyrna is Sebastian Inlet and it’s loaded with sharks.
New Smyrna is Port Orange. (the inlet between Daytona and New Smyrna). The next inlet to the south is Port Canaveral. Following that to the south, is Sebastian Inlet. So which one were you thinking of? I have never been to Sebastian Inlet, but it is one of the most popular jetties to fish off of in Florida.

New Smyrna is Port Orange. (the inlet between Daytona and New Smyrna). The next inlet to the south is Port Canaveral. Following that to the south, is Sebastian Inlet. So which one were you thinking of? I have never been to Sebastian Inlet, but it is one of the most popular jetties to fish off of in Florida.

i used to fish there at the jetty sometimes years ago but it got so crowded I never do anymore. I always use fort pierce for offshore as its a lot better inlet and not as rough as Sebastian.

My mistake - thanks!
Bulls and tigers are abundant and my late hubby grew up in Miami and always said those two species were the worst for coming after people. Nothing is excluded from their food chain. They ain’t dis-cri-min-atin 🦈

Many, many years ago but we used to go to Sebastian Inlet a lot. I saw tons of smaller sharks in those days and a few larger ones. Wildlife in general was pretty impressive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT