ADVERTISEMENT

A Williams

• Thread starter anon_03j5dr7l9qs90
  • Start date
Until we beat Georgia, I can't say much against them. They have out recruited us for years and their offensive and defensive front have been better than ours. As Ric Flair says, "If you want to be the man, you've got to beat the man." And until we do that Gators can only rationalize and complain. I hate Georgia with a passion, bu they have been better than us for several years. Hopefully, that will change soon.

In that case ocala, we should put the SEC officials against the wall and stone them.... ;)

FWIW
-

Crystal Ball® Predictions
  • Florida80%
  • Miami10%
  • Georgia10%
9358680.jpeg

LEAD EXPERT
Andrew Ivins
4649600.png

https://247sports.com/Player/Avantae-Williams-46035608/

Until we beat Georgia, I can't say much against them. They have out recruited us for years and their offensive and defensive front have been better than ours. As Ric Flair says, "If you want to be the man, you've got to beat the man." And until we do that Gators can only rationalize and complain. I hate Georgia with a passion, bu they have been better than us for several years. Hopefully, that will change soon.
I can’t disagree with much of this, except to say that they should have dominated us much more thoroughly given how bad we’ve been for the past decade. They should have a 10 game streak over us rather than three. I think they’re going to regret not being able to put a foot on our throat when they had the chance bc we will beat them In the next year, two at most, and then we’ll pull past them.

Last edited:
lol I only called that he said he wasn't going to UGA. Who knows? UGA can recruit and still might could get him on campus. Keep in mind - this guy's recruiting has been all over the map. I won't believe he's a Gator until he signs.

But yes - it's a good sign :)

Reactions: seffnergator
Nothing is a 'sure thing' until after the signed LOI arrives, and even then, but the iG would be willing to bet 2 hot-dogs and a 6-pac that he's a Gator in 2020. :D

did you miss the memo? he did commit to warren.....right? the relationship is still there. Like a said......a chance.
Thats not the point! But whatever! Also no he did not commit to Warren. Warren wasn’t at UF when Wilcoxson committed.

did you miss the memo? he did commit to warren.....right? the relationship is still there. Like I said......a tiny chance.
fixed that for ya... :rolleyes:

Warren, UF's former CB coach that missed badly on Kaiir Elam.

OR

CB's Torrian Gray and S's Ron English...

I guess we'll see how 'smart' he is soon... :cool:

Wilcoxson committed over the summer of 2019. He committed to Gray. UGA went after Warren to get Elam.

Wilcoxson committed over the summer of 2019. He committed to Gray. UGA went after Warren to get Elam.

PER SI...

Q: Fresh off the visit to Athens, what was it like getting to know that staff there at the Univerisity of Georgia and what were some of your takeaways from that visit last weekend?

"It was cool. I've been up there a couple of times, but that was my first time up there for a real visit. Talked to the coaches and stuff, it was my first time talking to Coach Smart in person. He was a cool dude. I talked to Coach Warren, because, I mean Coach Warren was the coach I originally committed to at Florida. So that's my guy!"

Q: So you like Charlton Warren a lot?

"Yeah, that's my dawg!"

Q: You've had a long relationship with Coach Warren, how long have you been in contact with him, even dating back to his time at Florida?

"Since I was a Freshman. I rock with him so much, because he was the first coach to believe in me. That was my first offer."

PER SI...

Q: Fresh off the visit to Athens, what was it like getting to know that staff there at the Univerisity of Georgia and what were some of your takeaways from that visit last weekend?

"It was cool. I've been up there a couple of times, but that was my first time up there for a real visit. Talked to the coaches and stuff, it was my first time talking to Coach Smart in person. He was a cool dude. I talked to Coach Warren, because, I mean Coach Warren was the coach I originally committed to at Florida. So that's my guy!"

Q: So you like Charlton Warren a lot?

"Yeah, that's my dawg!"

Q: You've had a long relationship with Coach Warren, how long have you been in contact with him, even dating back to his time at Florida?

"Since I was a Freshman. I rock with him so much, because he was the first coach to believe in me. That was my first offer."
So?? What’s your point? When Wilcoxson committed to UF Gray was the DB coach. He committed in July 2019.

Is this thread still about Avantae Williams or did it get hijacked to a Wilcoxson thread by the mutts ?

Saw this on another board; don't post there & know nothing about the poster; but FWIW -
  • GatorFan9696 12 HOURS AGO
    "My nephew has been friends with Lorenzo Lingard for the past 6-7 years. Lingard told him that Avantae cancelled his UGA visit because Coley left for Texas A&M. I guess Coley was the regional recruiter for South Florida."
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...lite-safety-cancels-planned-visit-to-georgia/

Last edited:
CB's Torriian Gray at UF
Gray is hired away by the NFL Redskins.
Warren comes to UF.
CB's Warren bolts to UGly, tries to take recruit Elam with him.
UF hires Gray back away from the Redskins.
Elam comes to UF,,, Warren sucks wind.... :p

Reactions: gatordad3
So first the Dawgs were going to flippity do da Dexter and were wrong and now this? I know you guys think you’ll get everyone due to the bags Shart drops but this is getting to be hilarious l.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
The iG's 'most wanted' last 2020 recruit is a good bet. Shortly following his official visit to Florida this past weekend, #2 S Avantae Williams canceled his OV to Georgia. The Bulldogs are now out of his recruitment, so it should be down to Florida and Miami.
:p

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...ridas-recruiting-questions-have-been-answered
None of our mods ever predicted Williams in this class. Fla is going to be young and inexperienced @ the skilled positions. New found depth? Mullens will need a couple of George Pickens to reveal themselves. Totally laughed at the spin on the gators RB room. Dawgs just picked up another Top 10 RB commit....#9 Daijun Edwards.

[QUOTE="superdawg51, post: 1676540, member: 38300"
]Totally laughed at the spin on the gators RB room. Dawgs just picked up another Top 10 RB commit....#9 Daijun Edwards.[/QUOTE]

SuperDawg51,

Only 1 football; but 3 yards & a cloud of dust does have some good points.

A 1 dimensional offense easier to defend; 7 in the box usually works !

None of our mods ever predicted Williams in this class. Fla is going to be young and inexperienced @ the skilled positions. New found depth? Mullens will need a couple of George Pickens to reveal themselves. Totally laughed at the spin on the gators RB room. Dawgs just picked up another Top 10 RB commit....#9 Daijun Edwards.
Huh? UF will have Pitts, Grimes, Copeland and Toney at WR next season.

Our secondary is so much better than UF’s, FACTless....
Fixed that for ya.... :rolleyes:

2019 NCAA Pass Defense Rankings:
16. UF o_O
72. UGly -- close.... :rolleyes: -- :p -- :D

========

UF's projected 2020 DB's:

CB C.J. McWilliams 5-11 184 *** rsSr

CB Marco Wilson 6-0 190 **** Sr

CB Trey Dean III 6-3 194 **** Jr (CB-Nic-FS)

CB Kaiir Elam 6-2 187 **** So

CB Jaydon Hill 6-0 175 **** So (10 Gms)

CB Chester Kimbrough 5-11 172 *** So (8 Gms)
-----
#7 CB Jahari Rogers 6-0 170 **** 154/247 - Arington TX - EE
Offers: UF - UA-Ark-AU-UG-LSU-TN --- 34 Total
TX-OK-Bay-GaT-Mia-Neb-ND-PSU-TxT-UCF

#9 CB Ethan Pouncey 6-1 160 **** - 88/247 - EE
Offers - UF - UA-AU-UG-LSU
Clem-Duke-FSU-Mia-Mich-ND-NC-PSU-Stan-Tx-Va-WVa

#24 CB/FS Mordecai McDaniel 6-1 195 **** - 204/247 - Washington, DC
19 Offers: Final-5 TN-ND-PSU-UA-UF - Tn initial commit, now flip to UF.

#33 CB Avery Helim 6-2 170 4.38/40 *** - Missouri, TX
Offers: UA, AU, UG, LSU, Miz, Ms, Tn -- Az, Colo, Hou, MichSt, Minn, TxT

#40 Ath/CB/PR Fenley Graham 5-9 171 *** - Lakeland, FL
Offers: UF-TN-UK--IoSt-Mia-Neb-N.C.-Utah-WVa-etc
He committed to the Gators after unofficial visits to UF, TN, & Mia in June.

==========

S Brad Stewart Jr 6-0 200 **** Sr

S Shawn Davis 5-11 185 *** Sr

S Donovan Stiner 6-1 203 *** Sr

S Quincy Lenton 5-11 205 *** Sr

S Amari Burney 6-2 224 **** Jr (Nic/OLB)
-----
#2 S Avantae Williamx 5-11 170 **** - Deland, FL
Offers: 27 including 9 SEC's. - 247 Crystal Ball 100% UF

#32 SS/Nic Rashad Torrence II 6-0 195 **** - Marietta, GA - EE
Offers: UF- UA-UK-MS-MsSt-Tn-VU---Clem-Mia-Mich-Neb-ND-PSU-Wis

#36 S Tre'Vez Johnson 5-11 175 4.50/40 *** - Jax, FL
Offer Finalists - UF, N.C, VaT, WVa, USF.-- Played CB in HS

As usual, you're both 'FACT-LESS & WITLESS'.... :cool:

Last edited:
It really is amazing how UF are in their rivals' heads, even when a certain rival has had success over UF.

I generally visit all the SEC boards, several ACC boards, and a few others. I never saw one team post on their rival's board about recruiting success even 5% as much as UGA fans do.

For the record, I would be much more happy to point that dishonor to FSU or Miami.....but it is what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT