ADVERTISEMENT

A Williams

• Thread starter anon_03j5dr7l9qs90
  • Start date
"Meanwhile, the crazy world of Avantae Williams continues to spin, but not necessarily out of control. Williams, a senior safety from DeLand, told the Orlando Sentinel during the Under Armour event that he likely will sign with Georgia when the second National Signing Day rolls around Feb. 5.

“Yeah, Georgia, I’m pretty sure it will be them,” Williams said.

"Meanwhile, the crazy world of Avantae Williams continues to spin, but not necessarily out of control. Williams, a senior safety from DeLand, told the Orlando Sentinel during the Under Armour event that he likely will sign with Georgia when the second National Signing Day rolls around Feb. 5.

“Yeah, Georgia, I’m pretty sure it will be them,” Williams said.
So I guess it is a lock then??

Reactions: GatorNation79
Normally I’d say that’s bad news but that statement doesn’t strike me as a guy deeply bought into one school. If he’s up for bid as some have said I think his mind could be changed

247Sports Crystal Ball has him 43% to Florida, with Miami, Ole Miss, Georgia & Oregon at 14% each. Maybe the fact that his cousin, 5 star Lorenzo Lingard, is coming to UF will helped in his final decision. We definitely need an upgrade at the safety position.

Maybe bowl cut might win something one day with all that talent he has.
and maybe not but it sure is encouraging always being in the position to win something.....anything. Odds are the stars line up one day.....like at clemson. That's wat elite programs do....position themselves year to year.

Last edited:
Comments from Avantae Williams -

“They have a high shot,” Williams said of the Hurricanes. “That was my first team. Them and Florida were the first to offer me, and the staff from Florida is gone. They got a new staff, so that’s like the staff I’m closest to.”

“I know for sure I’m going to Ole Miss, UF and Georgia,” Williams said. “I’m figuring things out with Miami and LSU right now [for the last visit].”

Williams said he’s going to Florida on Jan. 24, and Ole Miss on Jan. 31. He added he’s out of town the weekend of Jan. 17, so he may need to find a midweek slot for Georgia, which he said will certainly get a visit.

His ultimate decision will likely come down to National Signing Day on Feb. 5.

Williams decommitted from Oregon on Dec. 11 primarily because of the distance.

“It’s way too far,” he said. “It would take me a whole day to get home, and I got two kids.

“I just can’t go anywhere that takes a whole day. The distance matters, but it’s not a big thing. I’ll go out of state. As long as I can drive. If it’s driving distance, I’ll do it.”

Williams said his Signing Day announcement will likely take place at DeLand High.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...0191228-2yjlanv4qnehjnzssqijqahmn4-story.html

FWIW - Driving distance Deland to Gainesville -
1 h 52 min (99.7 mi) via FL-19 N and FL-20 W

https://www.google.com/search?q=dri.....69i57j33.26715j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I would be pretty frustrated if my coach could continually bring in top 5 classes and not win a national title. I thought they’d be pretty upset this season since they came up short again and this was “the year” but they’re already making excuses and in May preseason talk mode. Apparently just beating you guys is enough for them.

I would be pretty frustrated if my coach could continually bring in top 5 classes and not win a national title. I thought they’d be pretty upset this season since they came up short again and this was “the year” but they’re already making excuses and in May preseason talk mode. Apparently just beating you guys is enough for them.
They got emembarrest in the SEC game. It was great!

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
They have their recruiting National Titles though.

Comments from Avantae Williams -

“They have a high shot,” Williams said of the Hurricanes. “That was my first team. Them and Florida were the first to offer me, and the staff from Florida is gone. They got a new staff, so that’s like the staff I’m closest to.”

“I know for sure I’m going to Ole Miss, UF and Georgia,” Williams said. “I’m figuring things out with Miami and LSU right now [for the last visit].”

Williams said he’s going to Florida on Jan. 24, and Ole Miss on Jan. 31. He added he’s out of town the weekend of Jan. 17, so he may need to find a midweek slot for Georgia, which he said will certainly get a visit.

His ultimate decision will likely come down to National Signing Day on Feb. 5.

Williams decommitted from Oregon on Dec. 11 primarily because of the distance.

“It’s way too far,” he said. “It would take me a whole day to get home, and I got two kids.

“I just can’t go anywhere that takes a whole day. The distance matters, but it’s not a big thing. I’ll go out of state. As long as I can drive. If it’s driving distance, I’ll do it.”

Williams said his Signing Day announcement will likely take place at DeLand High.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...0191228-2yjlanv4qnehjnzssqijqahmn4-story.html

FWIW - Driving distance Deland to Gainesville -
1 h 52 min (99.7 mi) via FL-19 N and FL-20 W

https://www.google.com/search?q=driving+distance+deland,+florida+to+Gainesville,+florida&rlz=1CARAWP_enUS809&oq=driving+distance+deland,+florida+to+Gainesville,+florida&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.26715j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

6 hours and 53 mins to UGA. That’s pretty much a full day.

and maybe not but it sure is encouraging always being in the position to win something.....anything. Odds are the stars line up one day.....like at clemson. That's wat elite programs do....position themselves year to year.

It's funny and a little sad that you think you can say this to a school with THREE TIMES AS MANY FOOTBALL TITLES AS YOU.

When I was a little kid, i used to seek my older brother's attention and recognition.

This thread reminds me of that.

What’s the latest??

According to 247 Recruiting 'Crystal Ball' predictions:

S Avantae Williams 5-11 170 **** - 27 Offers
UF 56% - 11 % each for UG-Miss-Mia-Ore de-commit

RB Henry Parrish 5-10 183 **** - 25 Offers
UF 40% - ?? 40% - scUM 20%

OG Jovens Janvier 6-3 350 *** - 11 Offers
?? 75% - UF 25% de-commit

Well, with a new QB, new RB and 4 new OL, that might not be a hill they can climb next year.

Haven't been over to Dawgvent since Fromm announced. I imagine they're eating their young and smashing each other's heads open and feasting on the goo inside.

Until we beat Georgia, I can't say much against them. They have out recruited us for years and their offensive and defensive front have been better than ours. As Ric Flair says, "If you want to be the man, you've got to beat the man." And until we do that Gators can only rationalize and complain. I hate Georgia with a passion, bu they have been better than us for several years. Hopefully, that will change soon.

Reactions: 7hillsDawg
Until we beat Georgia, I can't say much against them. They have out recruited us for years and their offensive and defensive front have been better than ours. As Ric Flair says, "If you want to be the man, you've got to beat the man." And until we do that Gators can only rationalize and complain. I hate Georgia with a passion, bu they have been better than us for several years. Hopefully, that will change soon.

They became better in 2010 when Foley hired an inexperienced coach to take over a juggernaut and he lost to UGA 3 out of 4. We’ve been years behind Mullen wasn’t changing that in two years.

Reactions: seffnergator
...because I do hate them so much I'm going to hate on them lol... you're right. UGA is a good team...lots of talent but that gap is closing fast but yeah we need to win against them. We were close last year but no cigar.

It's officially the offseason. What else do I have to do while I sit here trying to put off this sexual harassment/hipaa/ferpa/fisma/CJIS training smorgasbord that I am so not looking forward to?

Normally I would be putting all of my spare attention towards laughing at Tennessee, but they circled the drain for so damn long, that someone finally walked in and flushed that toilet. It's no longer even amusing poking a stick at the cold lifeless corpse of that little retarded kid with the orange T on his shirt silently decomposing in the corner of the recess yard.

So I laugh at UGLY, as god intended in the first place. The only reason he created them in the first place was to be a warning to the rest of us. Given the current affairs going on there this week, what else am I to talk about sports related other than laugh at the jorts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT