ADVERTISEMENT

5-star RB Zachary Evans sets UF official visit date

And?? Hasn’t stopped any of you telling us all about the UGA program all the time. You guys have managed to spin how hiring a S&C coach that has never coached football in his life is an amazing hire. I’m sure you could somehow find a way to spin this too.
Come on, man. You are wound up just a bit too tightly lately.

The Dawg posters are slowly but surely trending toward extinction on this board.

One can hope anyway. Is there a single one that actually brings subjectivity to the board? Gwen has lost her marbles a while back. 40 years of ineptitude will do that to someone though.

Folks were still trying to figure out "Who shot JR" on Dallas, the last time the pups sniffed an NC. That is some sad $!%!!@

Speaking of info, why are you Dwag fans so quiet about this one? I know it's just several misdemeanors but...
https://ugawire.usatoday.com/2020/02/26/georgia-football-dl-devonte-wyatt-arrested/
Meh. Every school has guys get arrested. Not worth throwing stones as we all live in a glass house. The only exception is f$u since their administration and police dept have shown they are complicit in football program’s willingness to ignore felonies for some short term success. As always, they are the worst possible example and sold their soul for football a long time ago. Everyone else, though... it’s not even worth bringing up

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
Meh. Every school has guys get arrested. Not worth throwing stones as we all live in a glass house. The only exception is f$u since their administration and police dept have shown they are complicit in football program’s willingness to ignore felonies for some short term success. As always, they are the worst possible example and sold their soul for football a long time ago. Everyone else, though... it’s not even worth bringing up
But when they flood the board when Jalon Jones was accused of sexual assault (never charged) they deserve a little riff.

Reactions: gatordad3
Those video highlights were impressive. Kid hits the hole fast and makes himself small getting through there.

The Gator's Projected RB Room for 2020. Returning 4 experienced 4-stars.
A 5-star xfer FNG (pending a waiver) and a possible Fr 5-star FNG.

RB/ST Dameon Pierce 5-10 207 Jr - the 2020 projected starter.#2 RB behind Perine
2019 - 54 for 305 yds, 5.6 ypc, 4 TD's. Rec 4 for 30 yds.
~ Sr season - 227 for 2,123 yds, 9.4 ypc, 32 TD's -- Rec 4 for 124 yds, 1 TD.
HS Career - 6,779 Yds, 92 TD's, plus 2 Rec TD's.
* He exceeded HW's Ga HS Career Rushing Yds total.

RB Malik Davis 5-11 195 rsJr - (sometimes the 'Forgotten ' man)
2017 Fr - 7 Gms, injured out.- foot
2018 - 3 Gms, injured out.- knee
2019 - 3rd string coming back - 34 for 86 yds, 1 TD, L-12 -- 6 Rec for 41 yds.
2020 - Looking for his 'break-out' season. (praying he stays healthy)
~ He ran for 2,469 yds, 11.5 ypc, 33 TD's during his 5A State Champ Sr season
HS Career - 7,025 Yds, 8.5 YPC, 83 TD's, surpassing the mark of 5,765 set by former Sickles HS (Tampa) and CFP Champ Clemson standout RB Ray-Ray McCloud.

RB/FS/ST Iverson Clement 5-11 193 rsSo (FS depth as a Fr,)
2018 - 4 for 17 yds, 4.3 ypc and played ST's.
2019 - 4th string RB - 3 for 48 yds - L-41 yds. plus 1 ST's Tkl.
~ HS Sr season: - 199 for 1,419 yds, 7.1 ypc, 13 TD's.- 10 Rec, 128 yds, 2 TD's.
HS Career - 3,404 yds, 46 TD, plus 5 Rec TD's.

RB Nay'Quan Wright 5-9 195 rsFr -- (3 Gms, 12 runs, 1 rec)
HS Sr - 1,793 yds, 19 TD's, -- Rec 13 for 141 yds, 1 TD
~ He helped Carol City (Miami) win the 2016 FHSAA Class 6A HS State Championship, tallying 109 yards and scoring two TD's in the state title game
Other offers: UA-UG-LSU-TN-FSU-Mia-MichSt-ND, etc....
=====

#2 RB Lorenzo Lingard 6-0 200 rsSo ***** - 2017 Army AA, FL Gatorade PoY
Seeking a 'Hardship' waiver from the NCAA to play in 2020.
=====
#2 RB Zach Evans 5-11 200 ***** - Houston, TX - UA-AA
247 Crystal Ball to UF, so we'll see....

Last edited:
Sure you wouldn't. There's quite literally NO team that wouldn't accept this guy, baggage and all. Even UGA would change their minds if he made the call and was on the way.
100%...I think, see where he lands, if he sticks then see how can he be developed. it's really hard to tell some guys come from no where and end up being superstars...guys guys are the sh*t right out of the gate.

Sure you wouldn't. There's quite literally NO team that wouldn't accept this guy, baggage and all. Even UGA would change their minds if he made the call and was on the way.

Dead serious, our culture is horrible, he might fit better with yours and maybe Dan has the culture where you can bring this guy in but dude missed the state championship game for not wanting to give up his cell phone... I mean. Wtf. To be fair, we havent taken the little nice guys either but our culture is not what urs is. Would not want.

Dead serious, our culture is horrible, he might fit better with yours and maybe Dan has the culture where you can bring this guy in but dude missed the state championship game for not wanting to give up his cell phone... I mean. Wtf. To be fair, we havent taken the little nice guys either but our culture is not what urs is. Would not want.

I see no criminal behavior. Lack of discipline might be his faux pas. This is hardly a trait that cannot be remedied with the right people. The military does it for thousands of kids every day.

I see no criminal behavior. Lack of discipline might be his faux pas. This is hardly a trait that cannot be remedied with the right people. The military does it for thousands of kids every day.

Agreed. I see a bit of a spoiled prima donna. Needs to grow up a bit. But, if you do bring him in he has to understand, really understand, that he will have to earn everything, that nothing will be handed to him. If he has the right mindset he can flourish, because he has all the talent in the world.

Reactions: PacoGator19

Well there's you and then there's "you". lol

You personally might feel that way but the other 99.9% of FSU fans and 100% of the FSU coaches would disagree...that's the "you" I was really talking about :)

Reactions: fsu939913

We thought the same thing for that one doosh bag QB Malik Henry. Again, it depends on culture and if the teams culture can handle that. Zero percent chance we could right now. It doesnt have to be criminal to be detrimental to the team. Not wanting to give up a phone and getting booted from the state title game.....that should be a major concern for anybody. Again, maybe ur culture can handle it, ours could not

Reactions: fsumc
Well there's you and then there's "you". lol

You personally might feel that way but the other 99.9% of FSU fans and 100% of the FSU coaches would disagree...that's the "you" I was really talking about :)

Not sure about that, Norvell was in contact but then stopped i believe. We just booted a DB for arguing with a coach and told 2 others to transfer for missing a meeting. We are in no bullshit mode. I just think our 2 programs are in different spots to bring in someone like him. Hell Jimbo brought in Malik Henry who is one of the most toxic human beings alive and we went spiraling out of co trol and he was a part of that. Not the only part obviously.

Reactions: gatordad3
On his upcoming visit, I'm sure there will be plenty of scrutiny on both sides and feedback from many of our coaches. With Lingard in, he is not a must take, but would be a good to great one, IF maturity is in his future.

Dan will come to an understanding with him, or he will go elsewhere. o_O

He's a 'nice to have' but not a 'got to have' kind of RB. :cool:

Dan's cupboard is very far from empty, in talent or for quality depth. ;)

Not sure about that, Norvell was in contact but then stopped i believe. We just booted a DB for arguing with a coach and told 2 others to transfer for missing a meeting. We are in no bullshit mode. I just think our 2 programs are in different spots to bring in someone like him. Hell Jimbo brought in Malik Henry who is one of the most toxic human beings alive and we went spiraling out of co trol and he was a part of that. Not the only part obviously.

We'll see how that tough guy thing works.

Don't get me wrong, even 10 years ago it would have been a good move. Not so sure now. Tom Coughlin got canned for being tough on players. Yeah, it's the NFL, but these guys watch what's going on in the league. I also heard where he isn't allowing hoodies or ear buds in the building. You've got a 5 star in, he's going to see the coach with his guide, the guide says gotta take off your hoodie and ear buds, you just lost a 5 star. It is what it is.

Spirited Players that want to be on a team that wants to win championships.
-- OR -- '
Merchandise Mercenaries that just want more goodies and a quick flip to the NFL.

What the coach wants, and what the player wants.
There's always going to be choices to be made,,, for both sides. o_O

What this long time Gator fan wants is.... :cool:
A coach that does it RIGHT, and is up to the Gator Standard.
And players that WANT to be solid GATOR STUDENT/ATHLETES.

Here's to hoping that we ALL get what we want... ;)

Reactions: Nicktheslick
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT