ADVERTISEMENT

2021-22 Basketball Primer

I'm pessimistically hopeful about this year's team, if that makes any sense. (Sometimes I don't). If Keyontae Johnson is able to play and is back to his old self, that could be a huge factor. But this team is pieced together, with Castleton, Appleby and Duruji being the returning nucleus, a couple of new young guys who may or may not contribute much, a couple of returning bench players who may or may not contribute significantly and 4 experienced, proven players from other schools. Mike White definitely has a challenge molding all of these moving pieces into a cohesive team that can play together and win under pressure. I have no doubt there is a lot of talent on the roster and so am hopeful it will turn into a competitive, successful season for these guys. Yet I maintain my overall pessimism about the program until I am proven wrong with results on the court that are better than a mid-level finish in the SEC and 1 win in the NCAA tournament. Pessimistically hopeful.

I'm pessimistically hopeful about this year's team, if that makes any sense. (Sometimes I don't). If Keyontae Johnson is able to play and is back to his old self, that could be a huge factor. But this team is pieced together, with Castleton, Appleby and Duruji being the returning nucleus, a couple of new young guys who may or may not contribute much, a couple of returning bench players who may or may not contribute significantly and 4 experienced, proven players from other schools. Mike White definitely has a challenge molding all of these moving pieces into a cohesive team that can play together and win under pressure. I have no doubt there is a lot of talent on the roster and so am hopeful it will turn into a competitive, successful season for these guys. Yet I maintain my overall pessimism about the program until I am proven wrong with results on the court that are better than a mid-level finish in the SEC and 1 win in the NCAA tournament. Pessimistically hopeful.

Appleby at PG will probably determine our success. Not worried about the defense as of now. He was a little out of control at times last season when in that role.

Don't know what their final W/L will turn out of course, but it looks to me like they could have a bunch of 70's to 50's kind of wins this season, with scoring some 90-100 Pt games in blowouts vs any of the few weaker teams.

PG Appleby - 6-1 163 Sr
11.3 Pts, 3.1 Rbs, 3.3 Asts, T-O's 3.0, led team in Stls.

SG/PG Myreon Jones - 6-3 175 Sr (PSU's leading scorer)
15.3 Pts, 2.7 Rbs, 2.0 Asts.

SG Brandon McKissic - 6-3 185 Grad-Sr
17.2 Pts
shooting at 50% from the field, and D-PoY

CG/SF
Phlandrous Fleming Jr - 6-5 205 Grad-Sr
20.1 Pts,
7.4 Rbs, 2.3 Asts, 1.8 Stls. 2x D-PoY.
He was way better in 2020 than Lewis turned out to be imo.

SF/SG Niels Lane 6-5 206 So - Limited SG Reserve in 2020
14 Gms, 5.7 Min/Gm, Total Stats = 15 Pts, 10 Rbs, 4 Asts, 2 Stls, 1 Blk, FT .833

#6 SG Kowacie Reeves 6-6 182 Fr *****
27 Pts, 9.9 Rbs, MickyD AA
Maybe a better 3Pt shooter than Locke.

PF Duriuji - 6-7 210 Sr - 6.1 Pts, 4.4 Rbs, 35 Off-Rbs

PF CJ Fleder Jr 6-7 230 Jr - 7.2 Pts, 4.7 Rbs, 1.1 Blks

PF Tuongthach Gatkek 6-9 171 So 10.0 Pts, 6.9 Rbs, 2.2 Blks - NJCAA

C Colin Castleton 6-11 231 Sr - 12.4 Pts, 6.4 Rbs, 2.3 Blks

C Jitoboh 6-11 290 Jr - Solid skills player, conditioning to run continues.

2 Reserve CG W-O's: - A few minutes each, Scout Team W-O's so far.
SG Alex Klatsky 6-4 185 So
PG Jack May 6-4 175 So

SG/PG Elijah Kennedy 6-3 185 Fr. - Va. State Champ runner-up.
A strong, smooth-shooting left-hander who is an aggressive defender.
Four-year varsity starter and two-year captain, part of 104 wins in his career.
Had a 37-Pt outing with nine 3-pointers in a single game during the 2021 Regional's, then went for 27 in the state semifinals and 21 in the championship game.

The iG thinks that there will be many surprises by this team in the coming season.
There are several guys on this TEAM that might just surprise the crap outta fans.
Like Fr Kennedy and this JuCo guy...

PF Tuongthach Gatkek 6-9 172 Jr (Corey Brewer 6-9 185 Jr)
Showcasing impressive size and length, Gatkek played at the JuCo ranks for two years, where he proved to be a dominant paint presence on both ends of the floor. He averaged 10 points, 6.9 rebounds and 2.2 blocks per game at Trinity Valley (Texas) Community College last season, Gatkek was a major piece in his team's NJCAA Tournament run last season.

However, if the Top 10 players jell and are working well together, then most of the younger guys will probably only see the floor in emergency or mop-up time....

Last edited:
The iG likes this young man's attitude, and Mike White's recruiting of him.

Five Star freshman SG/SF Kowacie Reeves 6-6 182 sees the stack of veteran (5) players in front of him on the depth chart, including a trio of battle-tested transfers, not as a road block to playing time, but rather a chance to grow and learn in his rookie collegiate season.

What does it say about Mike White as a coach, when he can bring in a Top 40 5-star that accepts his TEAM role as a freshman, while he's working hard to learn and earn his playing time? (skills + attitude + work ethic = future star, and maybe sooner than expected)

This is what Mike constantly attempts to instill in his Teams: (some get it, some xfer out)

"I get along with all of them. There's nothing personal about it," Reeves said. "We all want to succeed and we all want to win this year. They're pushing me. They know my strengths and my weaknesses and they're all trying to teach me. I want that. I mean, they're all older than me. They've all seen more college basketball than I can even imagine."

(This is what the iG meant months ago by saying 'ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION' on the departures)
An Excellent Article found here....

https://floridagators.com/news/2021...pproach-kowacie-content-to-wait-his-turn.aspx
==========

More on coming together as a TEAM for the 2021-22 season:

"CJ is a great guy," Florida guard and fellow transfer Phlandrous Fleming Jr. said. "We all got here at the same time and we've just kind of clicked together from the start. I think he's growing as a person and a player. We all get along great. We hang out. I think he's got a family here now."

https://floridagators.com/news/2021/10/6/mens-basketball-felder-found-new-family.aspx

Seeing what Mike's xfer laden Gators do in the coming season is going to be big for recruiting from HS, but especially from the Portal. There are 5 Sr's on this years team, so holes (opportunities for FNG's) will be happening at the season's end.

Mike's 2022 HS Commits:

The #3 PF Malik Reneau 6-8 210 ***** Natl. #26 - Montverde, FL
See #5 in the vid.

The #31 CG Denzel Aberdeen 6-4 175 *** Natl. #193 - Orlando, FL
(Wilbekin and the Cheese (UF's all time career assist leader) were both 3-stars)

See #1 in the vid.

No doubt White is a great recruiter. This team should tell us a lot about his coaching.
If you've yet to learn anything about his coaching, then you've been living under a rock, or you're clueless about how to judge him or use the web. Here, let me help....

You can get started here and with this: White has led Florida to 4 consecutive NCAA Tournament berths since 2017, the only SEC team to do so and one of 12 schools nationally. But the Gators have not only earned those berths, they are also one of just six teams in the country to earn a win in each of the past four tournaments. Anyone can continue by using this link....

Watch a Mike White Interview with Pat Young, on the coming season from 9-16-21

Last edited:
If you've yet to learn anything about his coaching, then you've been living under a rock, or you're clueless about how to judge him or use the web. Here, let me help....

You can get started here and with this: White has led Florida to 4 consecutive NCAA Tournament berths since 2017, the only SEC team to do so and one of 12 schools nationally. But the Gators have not only earned those berths, they are also one of just six teams in the country to earn a win in each of the past four tournaments. Anyone can continue by using this link....

Yes but he has yet to build a team relying on mostly transfers. These are not players coming up in his system. So we will find out about his ability.

We are six years in and are in the middle of the pack. I want coach White to succeed as much as anyone but the athletes he’s getting are better than most of the SEC.

Are you reading ANY of the articles that I posted about the new team?
Did you watch and listen to the Pat interview?
IF yes, then how about your thinking and comments on what was presented in them???

I can't imagine that coaching up seasoned players with quality and experience is somehow more difficult that coaching up the raw HS recruits. You're not making any sense to me now, so I'll just move along and leave you to your questions and doubts. But don't worry too much about that, because you are not alone in the useless unfounded worry category....

Are you reading ANY of the articles that I posted about the new team?
Did you watch and listen to the Pat interview?
IF yes, then how about your thinking and comments on what was presented in them???

I can't imagine that coaching up seasoned players with quality and experience is somehow more difficult that coaching up the raw HS recruits. You're not making any sense to me now, so I'll just move along and leave you to your questions and doubts. But don't worry too much about that, because you are not alone in the useless unfounded worry category....
I’m certainly not worried about it. It would be nice if coach White would not take his foot off the gas when he gets a “comfortable “ lead. That has happened several times. Seasoned players or not they are coming from different coaching systems. So we shall see as the season unfolds.

KJ isn’t coming back

Agreed, at the very least not this year. He still hasn't been cleared(last I read) and it's almost November.

Wait a second, judge him? Use the web? You implied that it was wrong to use our individual judgement because we are merely fans regarding Grantham. You said we couldn't know better than the one who hired him.

But now it's ok to do so for White?

Maaaan, pick a side already. You can't say we are mere fans and don't know any better when using our judgement for Mullen or Grantham.....and then use the other side of your mouth to say to use the web and make a judgement about White.

Are you a politician or something?

Wait a second, judge him? Use the web? You implied that it was wrong to use our individual judgement because we are merely fans regarding Grantham. You said we couldn't know better than the one who hired him.

But now it's ok to do so for White?

Maaaan, pick a side already. You can't say we are mere fans and don't know any better when using our judgement for Mullen or Grantham.....and then use the other side of your mouth to say to use the web and make a judgement about White.

Are you a politician or something?
Insta believes everyone has the complete freedom to have and express their opinions, just so long as that opinion agrees 100% with his.

Insta believes everyone has the complete freedom to have and express their opinions, just so long as that opinion agrees 100% with his.
Pants on fire yet again. Both of you just posted whatever you felt like posting.
Hey Taco, how many times have I reported anyone to you for removal of them or their posts?

As to the IMPLIED>?? Nope, I'm straight up saying that you're often FoS, notihing implied about it.

However, I'll respond to twits like LLL or the Queenofhogs, whenever they post their crap here,,,, and I feel like wasting some time. Apparently, debate and/or presenting an argument that shows just how clueless some are,,, bothers them to the point that they see it as barring their right to talk chit.

Sorry, but that's not restricting your own 1st-A to talk stupid chit whenever you feel like it.... 😜

Pants on fire yet again. Both of you just posted whatever you felt like posting.
Hey Taco, how many times have I reported anyone to you for removal of them or their posts?

As to the IMPLIED>?? Nope, I'm straight up saying that you're often FoS, notihing implied about it.

However, I'll respond to twits like LLL or the Queenofhogs, whenever they post their crap here,,,, and I feel like wasting some time. Apparently, debate and/or presenting an argument that shows just how clueless some are,,, bothers them to the point that they see it as barring their right to talk chit.

Sorry, but that's not restricting your own 1st-A to talk stupid chit whenever you feel like it.... 😜

"Look at me look at me! I'm the real victim!"

• Haha
Reactions: IrishPokerDog

Know thyself. Evidently, you don't.

I’m certainly not worried about it. It would be nice if coach White would not take his foot off the gas when he gets a “comfortable “ lead. That has happened several times. Seasoned players or not they are coming from different coaching systems. So we shall see as the season unfolds.
If you actually read Mike's Bio, then you missed or didn't understand what it said/showed.

I've addressed this BS/misconception before here, about claims that Mike 'slows down' the offense when he has a lead, resulting in losses. If I remember correctly, Mike has only lost a total of 5 games when leading with 5 minutes to go in the game. That's slow-down BS it seems to me.

During White’s 6 seasons leading the Gators, UF has consistently tackled one of the most challenging schedules in the nation (and the #1 SoS in the SEC, both overall and non-conference) and yet has still racked up wins at a clip that places the Gators among the nation’s elite. The Gators have never played a schedule ranked below 36th, while every other team in the SEC has played multiple schedules outside the Top 40. Florida’s average non-conference SoS ranking of 36.5 is almost 50 places higher than the league’s next-best offering, UK at 85.3. 😲

Mike lost the SEC's PoY that he had spent the entire off-season building his offense around, only to have KJ go down in the 7th game, but he readjusted and still made it to the NCAA, and again, he didn't go one & done. He's now the ONLY UF B-Ball HC to never have a losing season, and to never miss a post season tourney. Mike still managed to do all that while dealing with many injuries, especially to his Bigs, and going through Co-V, plus losing PoY KJ in 2020.

Excuses or Valid Reasons? That always depends on your own bias.... 🙄

Forced to readjust after losing KJ, the Gators did so admirably in compiling a 9-7 SEC record, good for a fifth-place finish, and posting a pair of top-25 regular season wins.

The Gators’ 75-49 thrashing of 6th-ranked TN was all the more impressive as UF played the game shorthanded, missing Colin Castleton and Scottie Lewis, in addition to Johnson. The 26-point margin of victory matched Florida’s largest vs. an AP top-10 team in the history of the poll, and White owns 3 of Florida’s 4 largest-margin defeats of Top-10 teams in program history.
It also marked White’s 16th 20-point win vs. a power conference team, with 8th occurring vs. SEC opponents and 8 against non-conference foes.

White earned his 100th win as UF’s head coach, becoming the 5th Florida coach to reach that milestone. He reached the mark in 158 games, the second-fastest to reach 100 (Billy Donovan, 154). And Mike played way tougher SoS's than BillyD did to get there.

>UF also placed 7 players on the SEC Academic Honor Roll, tied for the 2nd-most in UF history.

> Under White’s guidance, Chiozza set the Florida career record with 571 assists and became just the 2nd player in Florida history to dish 200+ assists in a season.

> Florida is also the only SEC team with a winning conference record the 6 seasons under White, who is 20 games above .500 in league play (63-43, 125-73 overall).

Go Read All of His Official UF BIO...

Last edited:

I see plenty of insults, but zero rebuttal that would be reasonable. When youre finished flailing your legs and arms on the ground like a child who has been denied a toy in the store, perhaps you can pick yourself up off the floor....(didn't your parents ever tell you it's dirty there?) ......and not be the cliche "I'm only gonna insult because I don't have a rebuttal", I would be interested in hearing something that at least was mature.

Well, there can't be such a defensive reply from you, but I'm gonna be as foolish of an optimist about that result as you are about Grantham being A-ok for the team.

I'm sorry you're triggered that I'm holding you responsible for the things you say and the contradictions that everybody can see.

Last edited:
Simple and to the point rebuttal of the Queenofhog's drivel is this.
From Forrest's Momma, "Stupid is as Stupid does..."
You're stupid (and you missed the rebuttal) plus you babble.... All done.
PS - Removing your head from that warm dark place might improve your vision, but it's doubtful...
However, you are welcome to continue to chase your tail and bark at the moon.
=====

What makes Mike White a great recruiter, besides being a knowledgeable winning coach?
He connects with people and by his actions, he earns their respect, both on and off the floor.
What kind of manager is Mike? Well, let's ask DJ Jewelz what she thinks of him, his players, the whole program....

Simple and to the point rebuttal of the Queenofhog's drivel is this.
From Forrest's Momma, "Stupid is as Stupid does..."
You're stupid (and you missed the rebuttal) plus you babble.... All done.
PS - Removing your head from that warm dark place might improve your vision, but it's doubtful...
However, you are welcome to continue to chase your tail and bark at the moon.
=====

What makes Mike White a great recruiter, besides being a knowledgeable winning coach?
He connects with people and by his actions, he earns their respect, both on and off the floor.
What kind of manager is Mike? Well, let's ask DJ Jewelz what she thinks of him, his players, the whole program....

Careful... you are researching info online to make an argument to support your belief of White. You are even referencing people who, in fact, did NOT hire White.

Didnt you insinuate to naysayers of Grantham that they were wrong to do the same thing because ultimately they are fans only?

If the hiring person were the "be all and end all"...why are you now throwing other people's opinions into your defense?

My next question, did you really think linking an opinion of somebody that would be easily replaced at UF if she said something negative was helpful for your case? She works in the video department at UF......but that's your "reach"? Ok

Careful with the insults, pal, or its no dessert after dinner and I'm taking away the nintendo.

Last edited:
The Queenofhogs has been much quicker and deserving than most at this,,, NOW IGNORED.
Anyone suffering here from insomnia should read everything that he drivels out of his piehole.
=====

Shaping up nicely!
Yep Nick. With 5 Sr's on the roster, Mike will need to get at least a couple more.
For experience sake, he might get some more upperclassmen from the portal later.

Well, I must admit that it's the first time I repeated somebody's own reasoning back to him only for it be called "drivel" .

An unintentional confession for him, I suppose. I will wear my "ignore" like a badge of honor.

The Queenofhogs has been much quicker and deserving than most at this,,, NOW IGNORED.
Anyone suffering here from insomnia should read everything that he drivels out of his piehole.
=====

Yep Nick. With 5 Sr's on the roster, Mike will need to get at least a couple more.
For experience sake, he might get some more upperclassmen from the portal later.
Looks like we are going to be without KJ though. I wonder if he’s working out and staying in shape.

Looks like we are going to be without KJ though. I wonder if he’s working out and staying in shape.
By all accounts, and he's still with the team and helping the coaches.
If he can't play anymore, then they have said in the past that he might try his hand at coaching.
=====

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — COACH KEY
Forward Keyontae Johnson, who collapsed on the court and was rushed to a nearby hospital last December, is not expected to be medically cleared this season. Johnson will resume his role as “Coach Key,” helping run practices, motivate teammates and scout opponents. Johnson remains on scholarship.
“He’s very much a big part of what we’re doing,” White said.

There are several more good articles at this site if anyone's interested...

By all accounts, and he's still with the team and helping the coaches.
If he can't play anymore, then they have said in the past that he might try his hand at coaching.
=====

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — COACH KEY
Forward Keyontae Johnson, who collapsed on the court and was rushed to a nearby hospital last December, is not expected to be medically cleared this season. Johnson will resume his role as “Coach Key,” helping run practices, motivate teammates and scout opponents. Johnson remains on scholarship.
“He’s very much a big part of what we’re doing,” White said.

There are several more good articles at this site if anyone's interested...
Thanks

Reactions: instaGATOR
Nothing more than the iG's guess at the starters to begin the season.
But I expect to see a very open rotation at every position across games.
And I'm thinking that the 1-2-3 positions will be in a blending rotational flux all season.
Who plays, when, and where, will likely depend on the opponent they are facing each game.

C - Castleton 6-11 231 Sr (best player with the most Min/Gm)
PF - Duruji 6-7 209 Sr
SF - Fleming 6-5 205 G-Sr
SG - McKissic 6-3 185 G-Sr
PG - Appleby 6-1 163 Sr
In a couple of years, going from the youngest team in the NCAA Tourney, to all Sr starters.

==========

Links to S.I. Reviews of all positions for the 2021-22 season.

Center -
As a team that's expected to be stingy defensively, the center position – and coaching – will decide how good the Gators can be from Nov. 9 through March Madness.
Colin Castleton 6-11 231 Sr
Jason Jitoboh - 6-11 290 Jr

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...etball-center-outlook-2021-22-colin-castleton

Power Forward - The PF position is defined by two words: athletic and blue-collar.
1a Anthony Duruji 6-7 209 Sr
1b CJ Fleder 6-7 231 Jr
Tuongthach Gatkek 6-9 172 So

Small Forward - Combination Guard - Securing 4 Xfer guards in the process, Florida has rebranded the guard position heading into the 2021-22 season. Now, the team’s veteran presence is plentiful, and so is the quantity of talent.

SF/CG Phlandrous Fleming 6-5 205 G-Sr - He is a dominant player at both ends of the court and one that the Gators can count on to make the routine plays and the flashy ones when needed. While he will likely see his time on the wing (3), Fleming has the skillset to play the one, two and three spots for the Gators.
SF/SG Niels Lane 6-5 206 So - Slashing wing who can finish at the rim, and an explosive athlete who defends and rebounds his position well.
SF/SG Kowacie Reeves 6-6 170 Fr - His versatility allows him to operate similarly to Fleming, and he will appear on the wing in various lineups throughout the season.

Shooting Guard - With Noah Locke gone in the xfer portal (a hot/cold type), this was an important position to fill.

Brandon McKissic 6-3 185 G-Sr - Shooting an astounding 50% from the field last year, he proved to be a reliable scorer, dropping 17.2 points per game.
Alex Klatsky 6-4 185 So W-O
Elijah Kennedy 6-3 185 Fr - Scored 37 Pts, with 9 3's in a championship game.

Point Guard - As a former transfer himself, Tyree Appleby returns to bring Florida’s redesigned backcourt a sense of continuity and leadership.
1a PG Tyree Appleby 6-1 163 Sr
1b CG Myreon Jones 6-3 175 Sr
PG Jack May 6-4 175 So W-O

https://www.si.com/college/florida/basketball/florida-gators-basketball-guard-outlook-2021-22-myreon-jones

SF Keyontae Johnson 6-5 229 Sr - will continue to be utilized in a coaching assistant role.

B-Ball (exibition) begins tonight at 7-PM in the O'Dome vs D2 Embry Riddle.

Likely Starters: Per Chris Harry

C Colin Castleton 6-11 231 Sr
- 59.7%, FT 78.1% - 1st Team All SEC
PF Anthony Duruji 6-7 220 rsSr - A leader with a motor
<> Both were 2020-21 Starters.

But really, how good are the FNG's, and how good will they be at UF?

SF/CG Phlandrous Fleming Jr 6-5 205 G-Sr - Big South xfer
30 Games of 20+ Pts.-- 7 Games of 30+ Pts
So he can score, but what else? >>> 2X Def. PoY
Career - 1,000+ Pts, 500+ Rbs, 200+ Asts, 100+ Stls, and 50+ Blks
(He's what under-performing 5-star Lewis never was, and might never be)

SG Brandon McKissic 6-3 185 G-Sr - Summit League xfer
Career - 1,000+ Pts, Def. PoY
(He's why Locke's xfer probably isn't a big deal)

PG Myreon Jones 6-3 175 Sr (TA'a Ast/T-O ratio might have cost him starter)
2X Honorable Mention All Big Ten, PSU's leading scorer, (15+ Pts/Gm @ 39%)

First off the bench -- PF CJ Felder- #2 in Blks ACC
PG Tyree Appleby - C Jason Jitoboh

While the iG is expecting to see 9-11 players in the rotations for most games.

Tonight starts the big reveal about this year's team. I can't ever remember a Gator team with as many unknowns going into a season. There is definitely talent there, but how good is it and how will they gel as a team is yet to be determined.

Tonight starts the big reveal about this year's team. I can't ever remember a Gator team with as many unknowns going into a season. There is definitely talent there, but how good is it and how will they gel as a team is yet to be determined.
Tonight is still just an exhibition/scrimmage. First game is the 9th.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Tonight is still just an exhibition/scrimmage. First game is the 9th.
That is right. I never said otherwise. It still is the first time this team starts showing what they've got against another team and that was my point. And by the way, with 5 minutes left in the first half the Gators are only up 22-17 and was tied 17-17 a minute ago.

That is right. I never said otherwise. It still is the first time this team starts showing what they've got against another team and that was my point. And by the way, with 5 minutes left in the first half the Gators are only up 22-17 and was tied 17-17 a minute ago.

Any observations? PG play - defense etc?

Any observations? PG play - defense etc?
UF ahead 31-25 at the half. Appleby and Duruji have played very well. Appleby played 15 minutes and has 5 assists to 1 turnover, 2 rebounds and 3 points on a made 3. Duruji played 15 minutes and has 12 points and 5 rebounds, 4-4 from the field, one of them a 3, and 3-3 from the foul line with a block and a steal. Jones has played 13 minutes, is 1-5 from the field, 0-4 taking 3's, with 1 assist. Fleming has played 15 minutes, is 1-6 from the field, 1-4 taking 3's, 4 rebounds an assist and a turnover. McKissic has played 13 minutes and has 6 points, 2-6 from the field, 1-3 taking 3's, 1-2 in free throws, 1 rebound and a steal. Castleton has played 13 minutes and has 3 points, 3-6 shooting free throws and is 0-3 from the field, 4 rebounds, 2 turnovers and a block. Gatkek is the only other Gator to score, playing 1 minute and getting a dunk. Felder, Reeves, Land and Jitobah have all played but not scored.
Embry Riddle has out shot us 36% to 31% and has made 3-11 3's compared to our 4-18. Rebounding is 21-20 in favor of Embry Riddle. We were 7-11 from the free throw line, they were 4-6.
I know it's just an exhibition, but from the first 20 minutes, Appleby played very well at point and Duruji was all over the place. They were the 2 who stood out to me so far.

It’s a Mike White coached team I don’t expect us to be good on offense. Hopefully the defense is very good and the team can do just enough on offense to be successful. But Mike White’s MO through 6 seasons is to not be good on offense and to go through long scoring droughts, possibly at the end of the game causing the team to lose.

UF ahead 31-25 at the half. Appleby and Duruji have played very well. Appleby played 15 minutes and has 5 assists to 1 turnover, 2 rebounds and 3 points on a made 3. Duruji played 15 minutes and has 12 points and 5 rebounds, 4-4 from the field, one of them a 3, and 3-3 from the foul line with a block and a steal. Jones has played 13 minutes, is 1-5 from the field, 0-4 taking 3's, with 1 assist. Fleming has played 15 minutes, is 1-6 from the field, 1-4 taking 3's, 4 rebounds an assist and a turnover. McKissic has played 13 minutes and has 6 points, 2-6 from the field, 1-3 taking 3's, 1-2 in free throws, 1 rebound and a steal. Castleton has played 13 minutes and has 3 points, 3-6 shooting free throws and is 0-3 from the field, 4 rebounds, 2 turnovers and a block. Gatkek is the only other Gator to score, playing 1 minute and getting a dunk. Felder, Reeves, Land and Jitobah have all played but not scored.
Embry Riddle has out shot us 36% to 31% and has made 3-11 3's compared to our 4-18. Rebounding is 21-20 in favor of Embry Riddle. We were 7-11 from the free throw line, they were 4-6.
I know it's just an exhibition, but from the first 20 minutes, Appleby played very well at point and Duruji was all over the place. They were the 2 who stood out to me so far.

Good to hear about Appleby. I am surprised Felder and Castleton aren't killing them in rebounding.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT