ADVERTISEMENT

1,000 Yard Rusher / Receiver...

Some other info for the mostly clueless mouth runners... o_O

SEC Country - Article

Zach - Q: What was the funniest story that happened on one of your recruiting trips.

Jake Allen - A: “I was at Michigan camp and talking with a couple other quarterbacks. We were all talking about our grades. I was messing around and said, ‘I got a C in third grade.’ Jim Harbaugh overheard and screams, ‘I don’t give a s**t about your grades.’ Then he realized I was part of the quarterback group that had recruits in it so he just kind of walked away. It was weird. I couldn't wait to get out of there after that, and we left early.”
==================

Note: Zaire couldn't make it at ND so he wants to come to UF, while ND was recruiting Jake Allen who had early committed to UF after his Soph. season in HS and has stuck to his very early commitment and will be enrolling on May 8th.

~ We've got Allen, that ND badly wanted, so we obviously don't need Zaire who they dumped.

Intersting Q & A with Allen at: https://www.seccountry.com/florida/qb-jake-allen-reveals-kept-signing-florida
===========

New Gator's CB/FS Brian Edwards 6-3 195 cleared 6'-8" in the High Jump over the weekend in Orlando.

He's recently just missed at 6'-10" and he has 7'-4" set as his eventual goal. :eek:
===================

Regardless of who wins the QB race, both of them would be taking their first career snap against Michigan on Sept. 3. However, OC/QB's Doug Nussmeier doesn’t believe their inexperience and youth will hold back his unit.

“No,” he said bluntly Tuesday. “Why should it? Last time I check, greatness wasn’t defined by age or experience.” Nussmeier is confident that both players can get the job done.

Mc on new Ath/QB Toney: “I think there’s going to be some things we’re going to be able to do with him in some packages, a lot like we were doing with Dre (Massey) a little bit, only more so that he really has been (at) quarterback,” McElwain said. “He (Toney) pulled one down and took one very quickly to the end zone from a ways away and caught the eyes of not only us as coaches but the team.”

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...ors-can-win-with-feleipe-franks-or-kyle-trask

"Greatness not defined by age or experience". So why not recruit a 12 yr old who has nvr played football. Man i hope Nuss stays for a LONG time..... SIGN him to an extension. PLEASE

"Greatness not defined by age or experience". So why not recruit a 12 yr old who has nvr played football. Man i hope Nuss stays for a LONG time..... SIGN him to an extension. PLEASE

And with that kind of discerning logic train, you must be a cum-loudly grad from Clown-U, that's holding up their proud academic traditions.... :cool:

BTW, could you give us a Clown-U example of age and experience defining a players greatness, I'm curious to see it myself. o_O

Back attcha -- It's a wonder that you didn't put ole Blobby in at QB, just because of his vast age and long criminole experience... :D

And with that kind of discerning logic train, you must be a cum-loudly grad from Clown-U, that's holding up their proud academic traditions.... :cool:

BTW, could you give us a Clown-U example of age and experience defining a players greatness, I'm curious to see it myself. o_O

Back attcha -- It's a wonder that you didn't put ole Blobby in at QB, just because of his vast age and long criminole experience... :D

Tom brady or some rookie QB? If u think age and experience have nothing to do with it, go across the ocean with a captain who has never done it, im taking the guy who has done it before.

U want a pilot on his first flight? Or one who has done it for 20 yrs? Could an inexperienced pilot pulled off what sully did?

Experience and age both matter. Its not as easy to play at 18 as 22 or 23.

Im not saying that is ALL that matters but it does have an impact.

Which one is clown u?

I mean, we did win a NC with a guy that was 27 at the time lol

Talent and getting it done on the field is the 'determining factor' was Nuss's point, not the age or the experience. That there are many other contributing factors is obvious, except for the idiot dweebs here that are just looking for any excuse to talk their usual chit. Dance with the Devil all you like, it won't change what is. :p

In Zooks 1st season, true Fr Leak beat 3 Top 11 SEC teams (LSU-Ark-UGA) on the road in consecutive games. That was a 1st for NCAA D1 football. And that alone is what proves what Nuss was saying is correct. There were a bunch of 22-23 year old Sr QB's last year that didn't win chit, despite their age and experience. :cool:
=============

Back to the needing or wanting a 1,000+ yard runner bs....

UF 2007 - 2,864 net yards, 5.3 ypc, 39 TD's
There were ZERO I,000+ yard runners.

Committee Runners Included:
Tebow 895 yds
Harvin 764 yds
Moore 580 yds
----------------------
James 133 yds
Newton 103 yds
Fason 89 yds
Cladwell 58 yds
And 4 more with a few here & there yards.
There were 3 with 500+ yards. (2,339)

UF 2008 - 3,105 net yards, 5.6 ypc, 30 TD's

Committee Runners included:
Tebow 910 yds
Demps 745 yds
Rainey 595 yds
-----------------------
Moody 378 yds
Gillislee 267 yds
James 109 yds
Brantley 67 ys
And 5 more with a few here & there yards.
There were 3 with 500+ yards. (2,250)

UF 2010 - 2165 net yards, 4.3 ypc, 31 TD's (even without Tebow)

Demps 551 yds
Rainey 366 yds
Burton 349 yds
Reed 328 yds
Gillislee 325 yds
------------------------
Moody 265 yds
Hines 152 yds
There were 5 with 300+ yards. (1,919)

2015 - 1,777 Net Yards, 3.5 ypc, 19 TD's
There was a 1,000+ yard runner.

Taylor 1,035 yds
Harris 238 yds
Scarlett 181 yds
Cronkrite 157 yds
Grier 116 yds
Powell 31 yds
And 6 more with a few here & there yards.

So, 3,105 yards with a committee, or 1,777 yards with a 1,000+ yard runner?

What's needed is an overall effective running game.
Committee runners have all of the advantages that I've already listed.

You want Scarlett to be the 1,000+ yard runner, then make your case for it with some facts to back it up, and show me the advantages to having just a 1,000+ yard runner instead of a quality committee of runners. o_O

You realize the two concepts aren't mutually exclusive? You can have a primary back while sprinkling in other carries elsewhere. Even the 2007 season you posted Tebow had 910 yards which is essentially 1,000 yards and it didn't keep others from getting carries like you've been stupidly insinuating.

You realize the two concepts aren't mutually exclusive? You can have a primary back while sprinkling in other carries elsewhere. Even the 2007 season you posted Tebow had 910 yards which is essentially 1,000 yards and it didn't keep others from getting carries like you've been stupidly insinuating.

Those concepts are when dweebs are stupidly screaming for a 'featured RB' instead of a committee of quality RB's. Disingenuous indeed! o_O

You've provided no list of 'featured RB advantages' either I see... :rolleyes:

910 = 1,000+ in oozzzeee's math book. :confused:
I'm starting to see the problem here. :cool:
Must be your fantastic 'age and experience' coming through for you... :D
==========

UF 2010 - 2165 net yards, 4.3 ypc, 31 TD's (even without Tebow)

Demps 551 yds

Rainey 366 yds
Burton 349 yds
Reed 328 yds
Gillislee 325 yds
------------------------
Moody 265 yds
Hines 152 yds
There were 5 with 300+ yards. (1,919)

2,168 or 1,919 both/either still exceed 1,777... :cool:

You are really mad about this one.

I would understand preferring the committee approach, but you have an obsession with it and sonehowlosthe the idea of a feature back.

You really are a brainless stalker with chit-4-brains and nothing of any value to ever add to any sports conversation. A true msg-brd waste of space... :confused:

Oh yes how dare I round up for the sake of simplifying discussion. What terrible math. You're a moron. And actually given that you've been caught fudging stats on the past I don't even know why I took your post at face value anyways.

Oh yes how dare I round up for the sake of simplifying discussion. What terrible math. You're a moron. And actually given that you've been caught fudging stats on the past I don't even know why I took your post at face value anyways.

Any discussion is simplified, or just 'simple-minded,' going by your constant ducking and dodging when you are being corrected on your usual idiocy...

And still waiting (not) on your long list of TEAM advantages to having a 'featured RB' instead of using a committee of RB's, and especially when there are 3-5 top quality RB's available on the roster.... o_O

crickets.jpg

Any discussion is simplified, or just 'simple-minded,' going by your constant ducking and dodging when you are being corrected on your usual idiocy...

And still waiting (not) on your long list of TEAM advantages to having a 'featured RB' instead of using a committee of RB's, and especially when there are 3-5 top quality RB's available on the roster.... o_O

crickets.jpg

Uh idk, maybe having your best back get more touches which increases the chances they make more plays? You ever found it odd that teams with star backs don't use the committee approach? But maybe all those coaches are idiots and you know better. Giving lesser backs carries just for the sake of giving them carries seems like a solid idea.

Uh idk, maybe having your best back get more touches which increases the chances they make more plays? You ever found it odd that teams with star backs don't use the committee approach? But maybe all those coaches are idiots and you know better. Giving lesser backs carries just for the sake of giving them carries seems like a solid idea.

Uh, what ydk far exceeds what you think yk... :oops:

The Gators ran N.Anderson, JLWilliams, & L.Hampton as a committee, but since all 3 of them were 'lesser' backs, that made sense. :cool:

And everyone knows that Meyer's large running committee's were never as efficient as the musclecramp's 'featured' RB's were... :rolleyes:

But I guess that a cramper like you knows best, or at least more than anyone not agreeing with your usual bull chit.... o_O

And I see that being the dumb-azz that you are, you've yet to list all of your 'featured RB' advantages over the committee RB approach... Just more of your usual spin and dancing naked in the street... :confused:
=================

RB Mark Thompson 6-2 237 (now 6-2 245 and faster).
"He's in excellent shape — bigger and stronger and even a little bit quicker carrying 245 pounds of power." Robbie Andreu
UF coach Jim McElwain has noticed the change in Thompson. He said Monday that he's happy with the spring Thompson is having, noting that “he's taken some maturity steps.”

Among these 5 RB's, who do you want to throw under the bus this season?
1) Mark Thompson 6-2 245 rsSr
2) Jordan Scarlett 5-10 213 Jr
3) Lamical Perine 5-11 221 So

4) Malik Davis 5-11 190 Fr - Tampa
(he broke Clemson's Ray-Ray McCloud's records)

5) Adarius Lemons 6-1 192 Fr - Clearwater (began 2016 as FL's #1 HS RB)

BTW, I don't think that anyone with a functioning brain agrees with you.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-football-lamical-perine-confident

Last edited:
Uh, what ydk far exceeds what you think yk... :oops:

The Gators ran N.Anderson, JLWilliams, & L.Hampton as a committee, but since all 3 of them were 'lesser' backs, that made sense. :cool:

And everyone knows that Meyer's large running committee's were never as efficient as the musclecramp's 'featured' RB's were... :rolleyes:

But I guess that a cramper like you knows best, or at least more than anyone not agreeing with your usual bull chit.... o_O

And I see that being the dumb-azz that you are, you've yet to list all of your 'featured RB' advantages over the committee RB approach... Just more of your usual spin and dancing naked in the street... :confused:
=================

RB Mark Thompson 6-2 237 (now 6-2 245 and faster).
"He's in excellent shape — bigger and stronger and even a little bit quicker carrying 245 pounds of power." Robbie Andreu
UF coach Jim McElwain has noticed the change in Thompson. He said Monday that he's happy with the spring Thompson is having, noting that “he's taken some maturity steps.”

Among these 5 RB's, who do you want to throw under the bus this season?
1) Mark Thompson 6-2 245 rsSr
2) Jordan Scarlett 5-10 213 Jr
3) Lamical Perine 5-11 221 So

4) Malik Davis 5-11 190 Fr - Tampa
(he broke Clemson's Ray-Ray McCloud's records)

5) Adarius Lemons 6-1 192 Fr - Clearwater (began 2016 as FL's #1 HS RB)

BTW, I don't think that anyone with a functioning brain agrees with you.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-football-lamical-perine-confident

Uh I just gave you one reason, I know reading comprehension is difficult but please try to keep up. Is Leonard Fournette in a committee? How bout Cook? You ever see Adrian Peterson or Emmitt Smith or Jamal Charles run in a committee? The answer is no and why do you think that is? Because coaches much smarter than you want their best players to get as many touches as possible. If you have an elite back, you don't limit his carries for the sake of running in a committee. But once again maybe you're just much smarter than all these coaches over the years who follow that script.

As to the rest of the garbage you just posted, irrelevant. Has anybody here argued that UF shouldn't use a committee next year? Just last year you were all ready to ride Thompson because he was a big, sexy 245 lbs. and he ended being the worst back on the team. Yet here you are again listing heights and weights and projecting greatness again. Some idiots never learn.

Reactions: nail1988
The disconnect is that Insta thinks all our backs are elite.

Of course. Just like he thought Trask and his big, sweaty, 'arm' was elite once he learned he was 6'4, 220. It may help to explain all the circle jerk references. Insta is really trapped in the closet and trying to come out to the board.

Of course. Just like he thought Trask and his big, sweaty, 'arm' was elite once he learned he was 6'4, 220. It may help to explain all the circle jerk references. Insta is really trapped in the closet and trying to come out to the board.

Speaking of Trask, word seems to be that yes, all those measurables that Insta loves are true, but the biggest difference between him and Franks?

Command of the huddle and leadership.

While I'm sure Insta will have alternative facts for this, especially after all his grandstanding, might it not be possible that being a career backup stunted his growth in those departments?

Speaking of Trask, word seems to be that yes, all those measurables that Insta loves are true, but the biggest difference between him and Franks?

While I'm sure Insta will have alternative facts for this, especially after all his grandstanding, might it not be possible that being a career backup stunted his growth in those departments?

Probably. If you've never had to lead a huddle before how could you know how to lead one? But hey he's big and sexy and can throw it far and had no INT's in mop up duty.

Going to be a disappointed old man when Franks is the starter and Scarlett gets 70% of the carries and Thompson is again the #4 back

He'll just call the coaches clueless and accuse them of playing favorites again like he did this past season only to then turn around and play superfan and accuse everyone else of being against Mac the entire time. Funny how that happened.

Of course. Just like he thought Trask and his big, sweaty, 'arm' was elite once he learned he was 6'4, 220..

Oooozzzieeee caught lying yet again I see.
Trask is listed at 6-4 238 on the Gator roster.
But that was just another 'rounded off' estimation by you I guess... :rolleyes:

And if you have 2-3 E.Smiths on the roster, you only run 1 of them, right? (fool) :confused:
I see that you're having great difficulty in coming up with a list of advantages for having a 'featured' RB. Not surprised by that at all... :rolleyes:

As to the rest of your usual tripe,,, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm just so happy that I have the circle genius types to set me straight on what is and what isn't true or important about Gator football, and any and every position. :rolleyes:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...sk-could-become-first-rate-talent-for-florida

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Trasks-HS-coach-says-hell-have-his-own-30-for-30-some-day-45375269

http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/texas/alvin/manvel-high-school/kyle-trask

I'm sorry Trask was bigger than even I remembered, of course you would know. How's his girth? ;)

And it's your contention that there are 2-3 elite backs on this roster? I just want that out in the open so everyone can see the same laughable football opinions I've had the pleasure of reading from you for a few months now.

Going to be a disappointed old man when Franks is the starter and Scarlett gets 70% of the carries and Thompson is again the #4 back

FoS michi-goater as always. IF they win the SEC-C, I won't care who is starting where, on either side of the ball. :cool:

It's funny how you twits spend so much time dissing on my choices, while never putting up your own 'specific' choices and then defending them with your own biased facts. :confused: (which is about all that a pac of punk-azz circle jerkers are good at)

BTW, creative name calling is a hobby of mine... o_O
And if you don't like it,,, then GREAT! :p

I'm sorry Trask was bigger than even I remembered, of course you would know. How's his girth? ;)

And it's your contention that there are 2-3 elite backs on this roster? I just want that out in the open so everyone can see the same laughable football opinions I've had the pleasure of reading from you for a few months now.

Your own limited definition of an 'elite back' is what? Be specific for a change.
And still waiting on your 'featured' back advantages list. Or should that be a 'single elite back' advantage list? You 'squirrel' around so much it's difficult to know.

Your own limited definition of an 'elite back' is what? Be specific for a change.
And still waiting on your 'featured' back advantages list. Or should that be a 'single elite back' advantage list? You 'squirrel' around so much it's difficult to know.

A back who can take over a game and who opposing defenses scheme specifically for. You know...like a Dalvin Cook or Christian McCaffrey. We don't have one elite back on this roster much less 2-3, nobody outside of Gator Country probably even knows who our backs are, they aren't nationally recognized.

And I don't need to put together a 'featured' back advantage list because I've never contended that we should ALWAYS feature only one back. If you can find the post where I have then by all means post it here. I just disagree that we should go with a committee approach at all times. There's a reason even OUR coaches cut the rotation down to largely two players by the end of the year. Rotating out 3 or 4 backs to do specific things each time does nothing but tips off plays and keeps the backs in the game from getting into a rhythm. This isn't a video game, they need to settle into the game not be swapped out every other play. Find me one successful team who does it that way. You cite the UF teams with Tebow but Tebow for all intents and purposes was our 'featured' back so idk how that is supposed to prove the point you're trying to make. There's always a bellcow even in a committee approach.

Oooozzzieeee caught lying yet again I see.
Trask is listed at 6-4 238 on the Gator roster.
But that was just another 'rounded off' estimation by you I guess... :rolleyes:

And if you have 2-3 E.Smiths on the roster, you only run 1 of them, right? (fool) :confused:
I see that you're having great difficulty in coming up with a list of advantages for having a 'featured' RB. Not surprised by that at all... :rolleyes:

As to the rest of your usual tripe,,, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

See ooz? I told you that's where the disconnect is.

He believes we have all of these elite backs.

Now, of course, he's already posed the question of what makes an elite back.

Move the goal posts time.

Im playing in the Bama Alumni Flag football game for A Day, i wonder if Rivals will re rank me after so insta can finally evaluate me....... ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT