ADVERTISEMENT

‘Woke’ NBA Massive ratings crash

73-74 percent of the NBA and NFL are African American. It has led to (and this is a good thing) to a massive wealth transfer and creation. LeBron James is worth $500M. That is a staggering sum. He has put in countless hours of work to earn that money. I applaud his success; it is one of the items that makes this country exceptional.

There are hundreds of individuals now who have enjoyed this. It has also led to hundreds of thousands of men (and women) getting free college educations.

To the extent that this is around BLM (the core message, not the founders per se who did come from a late 1960s, SF, Marxist background), I happen to think that policing does need to be significantly reformed. Too many regular stops result in unnecessary deaths.

When they then use their platform to weigh into voting laws that require use of an ID, then yes, I turn it off. They have their first amendment rights - fully, but I watch sports to see excellence, strategy and community pride. Not to have MSNBC played for me at another time slot.

The reverse would be true as well. I have no interest in seeing a team kneel for "Stop the Steal".

I expect to see ratings continue to drop - perhaps when people can go back to seeing games in person will ratings change.
Lebron doesn’t have community pride or he’s actually make appearances in the community and talk with it’s leaders to rectify the issues, not target police officers.

You may see art and beauty in what he does but him being a piece of shit over shadows anything he’s accomplished in his career.

The only problem, now he will be labeled a racist and will probably be fired.

LA-Bitch must of got his woke feelings hurt 😞

this won’t end well for the WOKE

Officer who went viral for mocking LeBron James is suspended following complaints — but a GoFundMe to benefit him has drawn in nearly $200,000

LA-Bitch must of got his woke feelings hurt 😞

this won’t end well for the WOKE

Officer who went viral for mocking LeBron James is suspended following complaints — but a GoFundMe to benefit him has drawn in nearly $200,000

I have no problem with what he said.

However, if I went on social media like that in my uniform, to say anything really, my Sheriff and Chief would thoroughly kick my ass.

It's just not an appropriate thing to do.

I don't think it will get any better, at least not in our lifetime.

I am praying for the day to see when teams can’t pay players or they have to release them due to no $$. I hope I see that day.

73-74 percent of the NBA and NFL are African American. It has led to (and this is a good thing) to a massive wealth transfer and creation. LeBron James is worth $500M. That is a staggering sum. He has put in countless hours of work to earn that money. I applaud his success; it is one of the items that makes this country exceptional.

There are hundreds of individuals now who have enjoyed this. It has also led to hundreds of thousands of men (and women) getting free college educations.

To the extent that this is around BLM (the core message, not the founders per se who did come from a late 1960s, SF, Marxist background), I happen to think that policing does need to be significantly reformed. Too many regular stops result in unnecessary deaths.

When they then use their platform to weigh into voting laws that require use of an ID, then yes, I turn it off. They have their first amendment rights - fully, but I watch sports to see excellence, strategy and community pride. Not to have MSNBC played for me at another time slot.

The reverse would be true as well. I have no interest in seeing a team kneel for "Stop the Steal".

I expect to see ratings continue to drop - perhaps when people can go back to seeing games in person will ratings change.
well said and a rare surprisingly non emotional post.

However, if I went on social media like that in my uniform, to say anything really, my Sheriff and Chief would thoroughly kick my ass.

Lol. It’s not but political representatives can go on social platforms n say worse which most isn’t true n nothing happens oh n ppl talk about how they have free speech. It’s bs! That cop did nothing wrong except going against the woke agenda n party.

Lol. It’s not but political representatives can go on social platforms n say worse which most isn’t true n nothing happens oh n ppl talk about how they have free speech. It’s bs! That cop did nothing wrong except going against the woke agenda n party.

His uniform was provided to him and is representative of an elected official.

If he wants to be the Sheriff or the mayor (who appoints the chief along with a city council) then he should do that...and then he can say what he likes and the repercussions will fall on him, good or bad.

Again, I agree with his words but it's a dick move for the reasons I've described in this post imo.

His uniform was provided to him and is representative of an elected official.

If he wants to be the Sheriff or the mayor (who appoints the chief along with a city council) then he should do that...and then he can say what he likes and the repercussions will fall on him, good or bad.

Again, I agree with his words but it's a dick move for the reasons I've described in this post imo.
He earned his uniform and he is also a citizen that has the same rights. Elected officials are allowed to voice their opinions with no consequences so this guy should have the same freedoms. His speech or opinions doesn’t change his jobs responsibilities.

Are you saying that your God given and 1st Amendment guaranteed rights end when you put on a police uniform??? Sorry dude, but I'm not with you on that account. And neither are all those that have generously contributed to his G-F-M account.

If nobody more important than some jerk in a B-Ball uni can publicly diss on and THREATEN an officer, then officers and anyone else have a right to respond. Besides, he didn't rant or call him names, he just pointed out in a funny way how STUPID La-butthead was for running his ignorant out of place mouth.

If La-butthead wants to make a real difference, then let him change his uniform and go out on the streets in the drug and crime ridden cities and show us how it should be done. Otherwise, he needs to confine his clueless mouth-running to the B-Ball courts.

Are you saying that your God given and 1st Amendment guaranteed rights end when you put on a police uniform??? Sorry dude, but I'm not with you on that account. And neither are all those that have generously contributed to his G-F-M account.

If nobody more important than some jerk in a B-Ball uni can publicly diss on and THREATEN an officer, then officers and anyone else have a right to respond. Besides, he didn't rant or call him names, he just pointed out in a funny way how STUPID La-butthead was for running his ignorant out of place mouth.

If La-butthead wants to make a real difference, then let him change his uniform and go out on the streets in the drug and crime ridden cities and show us how it should be done. Otherwise, he needs to confine his clueless mouth-running to the B-Ball courts.
Does anybody really understand what the first amendment right of freedom of speech actually means, LOL.

That said sometimes it’s appropriate to fight back wearing your uniform when the cultural lexicon has shifted too far out of control. The backlash should be at LeBron for ever making such an idiotic statement without knowing the circumstances of the original knife fight to begin with. I applied this police officer and I donated to his go fund me. Not Bama’s but the other guy.

He earned his uniform and he is also a citizen that has the same rights. Elected officials are allowed to voice their opinions with no consequences so this guy should have the same freedoms. His speech or opinions doesn’t change his jobs responsibilities.

Fine...just don't do it in the uniform that represents more than just him.

Reactions: BCSpell
One could say the same about public office but it doesn’t stop them. I have np with it as long has they both do their jobs.

I appreciate what you're saying, we just disagree.

I'm fortunate in that I work for a Sheriff that says stuff like the cop in that video said. If I said in my uniform, he would be pissed and he would have good cause to be.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
Chuck goes after the WOKE NBA and LA-SCUM

Charles Barkley: ‘NBA Ain’t Got the Balls to Suspend LeBron James’​

This is not the first time Sir Charles Barkley has called out LeBitch James. Of course, Lebitch's only defense will be to point out how Barkley threw a heckler thru a window, justifiably, and how he was such a stand up citizen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT