ADVERTISEMENT

What was FSU ex QB DeAndre Johnson doing in a gay bar when he hit that woman

His punch was unnecessary. It looks like there was something going on between the two before they got to the actual bar. He was clearly backing her down and it pissed her off. When she raised her fist, that was a warning for him to back off. When he grabbed her hand it became a physical conflict. He looked like the aggressor to me in every way. He comes off as a real dirtbag in that video. I'm not sure how old he is, but as a true freshman, I doubt he had any business trying to buy a drink anyways.

Of course his punch was unnecessary; no one is debating that (that I've seen). What amazes me is how so many people look at the same video and see such unbelievably different things.

I see a woman walking up to a bar minding her own business, closely followed by a man (DJ) headed for the spot to her left. Just as she gets to the bar it looks like DJ says something to the dark haired woman holding a drink to his left as she looks right at him. I'm assuming he said excuse me (or for Gator fans, get the F! out of my way, b#$@!) since she acknowledges him and "sort of" attempts to move out of his way. He then proceeds to squeeze between the woman he just spoke to and the woman at the bar who apparently doesn't like to be bumped into, despite the fact DJ's focus is his spot at the bar. Notice both of his hands firmly gripped to the underside of the bar as he attempts to pull himself towards the spot he's eyeing.

Also notice he's not really even paying attention to the women he's bumping into until she turns around a 2nd time. In fact, as she turns around, her left arm is what turns him towards her (1st contact). She continues pushing back at him with her left arm (notice it up under his chin) while she raises her right fist. He then grabs her arm to keep from being punched in close quarters. She obviously doesn't like being grabbed (heck, she objected twice to simply being bumped into), so she knees him in the groin. Then she punches him in the face.

How does anyone see him coming at her? Heck the first time she swings her head around at him, he's not even looking at her, he just asked the dark haired woman to move? The way he's bouncing back and forth to get to the bar it's pretty obvious there is a crowd pushing him toward that direction. Even when he's gripped the bar with his right hand, he's still looking left, not even paying attention to the woman until she turns around a 2nd time. You guys are crazy!

His punch was unnecessary. It looks like there was something going on between the two before they got to the actual bar. He was clearly backing her down and it pissed her off. When she raised her fist, that was a warning for him to back off. When he grabbed her hand it became a physical conflict. He looked like the aggressor to me in every way. He comes off as a real dirtbag in that video. I'm not sure how old he is, but as a true freshman, I doubt he had any business trying to buy a drink anyways.

I'm telling you man, I have no idea what video you guys are watching. Someone linked the video on page 2 of this thread. Go to about the 10 second mark and you will see his hands on the bar trying to squeeze between two people. The girl on the left has her drink so she moves and creates an empty space at the bar that DJ is trying to get to. Now immediately after that, watch closely how this girl throws her left leg in front of DJ and uses her body to bang into him and pushes him away from the bar. It's right there on the damn video!! Then she puts her left arm on his chest pushing him back while holding her right arm in a striking position. How can anyone dispute this??

I'm telling you man, I have no idea what video you guys are watching. Someone linked the video on page 2 of this thread. Go to about the 10 second mark and you will see his hands on the bar trying to squeeze between two people. The girl on the left has her drink so she moves and creates an empty space at the bar that DJ is trying to get to. Now immediately after that, watch closely how this girl throws her left leg in front of DJ and uses her body to bang into him and pushes him away from the bar. It's right there on the damn video!! Then she puts her left arm on his chest pushing him back while holding her right arm in a striking position. How can anyone dispute this??

I watched a video that showed quite a bit before the point you are talking about. He had his back to hers and backed her into the bar. That is when she got mad and I don't blame her.

I watched a video that showed quite a bit before the point you are talking about. He had his back to hers and backed her into the bar. That is when she got mad and I don't blame her.

So basically you turn around and threaten to punch someone who may make contact with you in a crowded bar?? He's not trying to bump into her, he's trying to get to the bar in a crowd. The girl to the left simply stepped aside. The only on the right actually moved over into him and created contact. Like I said, watch it. It's right there on the video.

Before she threw the punch and kneed him, Deandre initiated the physical contact when he grabbed her arm and backed her down. That's why she's not getting charged. And if you think she should be punished, the haymaker across the face from a punkass is probably punishment enough.

The girl may not have been been making a fist threatening to punch him in the first place him. Her thumb is pointed behind her, the way someone would say "get behind me and wait your turn". When she throws the punch with her left hand, her thumb tucked in. Since it was dark and alcohol was involved, I could see how he could mistake that gesture, but still...

Take the video away and the kid would still be on the team, fortunately a video is available to show how much of a punk he is, but don't worry the nolies will defend at all cost even if a video existed showing an actual rape they would some how blame the girl as always.

GO Canes!

Link to "Nolie" who defends DJ punching a woman and link to "Nolie" stating he shouldn't have been removed from the team. (or did you just read some guys lips? ;) )

You don't blame a girl for going bat chit crazy because a stranger bumped into her in a crowded bar? You act like he came plowing through like some a$$ hat. He was moving at a snails pace, asked the girl to his left to move (probably based on eye contact and body language). I'm guess you've never been to a crowded bar before...ever. If you got mad at every person who bumped you, you'd be in a fist fight every 2 seconds.

Before she threw the punch and kneed him, Deandre initiated the physical contact when he grabbed her arm and backed her down.

Wrong.

It's unbelievable that Gators (minus oozie) can't see. Are you all Bull Gators in need of glasses? He inadvertently bumps her as he's placing both hands on the bar (gripping from underneath). As she turns into him, she moves her left arm (and leg as my Nole brother points out) forcing him to let go of the bar. She pushes him backwards with her left arm (it's clearly up under his chin on his chest) then proceeds to throw up her fist simultaneously. It's almost like she was saying, "I'll be damned if you're going to take that spot next to me!!" You honestly can't see that? Take off the orange and blue shades, man.

I just showed the video to my 68 year old mother (West Virginia Grad) who has zero ties to FSU and has no clue of the incident (we live in Texas). I clicked play and after 25 seconds I hit stop and asked her, "Who was the aggressor?" Her response [verbatim], "She was. She was egg'n him on." I then asked should he have punched her? Her response [verbatim], "No...I don't think he should have punched her...maybe just a hard push to get her away."

I told her they were both FSU students and that he was expelled and she wasn't. She asked why she wasn't also. I told her I have no idea. LOL

Alaskan, I think I just saw what the problem is. I'm watching Sports Center right now and they are talking about this video. They had the video on repeat and it only shows from the point of him holding her hand and then striking her. That can sharply change someone's opinion on this video. ESPN is ridiculous not showing her actions right before that. Smh

Alaskan, I think I just saw what the problem is. I'm watching Sports Center right now and they are talking about this video. They had the video on repeat and it only shows from the point of him holding her hand and then striking her. That can sharply change someone's opinion on this video. ESPN is ridiculous not showing her actions right before that. Smh

Her actions of fighting off a man who put his hands on/restrained her?

You don't blame a girl for going bat chit crazy because a stranger bumped into her in a crowded bar? You act like he came plowing through like some a$$ hat. He was moving at a snails pace, asked the girl to his left to move (probably based on eye contact and body language). I'm guess you've never been to a crowded bar before...ever. If you got mad at every person who bumped you, you'd be in a fist fight every 2 seconds.

It wasn't just about a bump. They were jockeying for position at the bar. She got there first and he started bodying her up. Looking at it, initially, he may have been too drunk to realize what was going on. Just because he wasn't moving fast, doesn't mean he wasn't being forceful. IMO, it wasn't truly physical until he grabbed her arm.

Since you're so experienced at the bar scene, what would you have done? I've been in that situation before. Most men realize that is a no win situation. There is no sense in arguing with a dumb ass b****.

No need to discuss this with you since you have no interest in watching the video.

I've watched the video. The reason most feeds are only showing the point of him grabbing her hand is because that is the part that matters. Everything else is trivial before that point.

It wasn't just about a bump. They were jockeying for position at the bar. She got there first and he started bodying her up. Looking at it, initially, he may have been too drunk to realize what was going on. Just because he wasn't moving fast, doesn't mean he wasn't being forceful. IMO, it wasn't truly physical until he grabbed her arm.

Jockeying for position? Looks like he's asking to move in behind the dark haired woman who already had her drink and she obliges. DJ wasn't trying to take the blonde's spot, he was trying to take the empty spot to her left. He never even looks in her direction until the 2nd time she turns around and gets physical with him.

Have you never been pushed into someone in a crowded bar?

Since you're so experienced at the bar scene, what would you have done? I've been in that situation before. Most men realize that is a no win situation. There is no sense in arguing with a dumb ass b****.

Arguing? The whole event took place in 20 seconds.

I'm not sure what I would have done. I was certainly taught not to hit a woman and I've never done so. I'd like to think I'd have just walked away after being punched, but who knows, maybe I'd have pushed her back or done something I'd regret. Hind sight and armchair quarterbacking are easier and different than actually being in the situation.

Regardless, I don't think anyone in this thread is arguing the point that he shouldn't have hit her or or that he shouldn't have been dismissed from school. The points are 2-fold...the video clearly shows her as the aggressor, thus ruling out that he's some prick look'n for trouble (at least in this case) and 2nd that she should be held to the same law that he was...they committed the same act--battery.

I've watched the video. The reason most feeds are only showing the point of him grabbing her hand is because that is the part that matters. Everything else is trivial before that point.

facepalm01.gif

What leads up to an event is THE MOST CRUCIAL ASPECT!

Jockeying for position? Looks like he's asking to move in behind the dark haired woman who already had her drink and she obliges. DJ wasn't trying to take the blonde's spot, he was trying to take the empty spot to her left. He never even looks in her direction until the 2nd time she turns around and gets physical with him.

Have you never been pushed into someone in a crowded bar?

Arguing? The whole event took place in 20 seconds.

I'm not sure what I would have done. I was certainly taught not to hit a woman and I've never done so. I'd like to think I'd have just walked away after being punched, but who knows, maybe I'd have pushed her back or done something I'd regret. Hind sight and armchair quarterbacking are easier and different than actually being in the situation.

Regardless, I don't think anyone in this thread is arguing the point that he shouldn't have hit her or or that he shouldn't have been dismissed from school. The points are 2-fold...the video clearly shows her as the aggressor, thus ruling out that he's some prick look'n for trouble (at least in this case) and 2nd that she should be held to the same law that he was...they committed the same act--battery.

I don't think they committed the same act. At what point do you think she broke the law? In that situation at least one of them was acting in self defense. I think it was her. I think the assault began when he grabbed her and from that point, she was defending herself.

I don't think they committed the same act. At what point do you think she broke the law? In that situation at least one of them was acting in self defense. I think it was her. I think the assault began when he grabbed her and from that point, she was defending herself.

Lol. This is unbelievable. Well, when DJ threw that punch he opened up the door for all the media hounds to pounce again and bring up their favorite click bait guy(Jameis Winston) and even have people looking at something clear as day on a video and saying something else. Oh well. That's just the way it is I guess.

I just showed the video to my 68 year old mother (West Virginia Grad) who has zero ties to FSU and has no clue of the incident (we live in Texas). I clicked play and after 25 seconds I hit stop and asked her, "Who was the aggressor?" Her response [verbatim], "She was. She was egg'n him on." I then asked should he have punched her? Her response [verbatim], "No...I don't think he should have punched her...maybe just a hard push to get her away."

I told her they were both FSU students and that he was expelled and she wasn't. She asked why she wasn't also. I told her I have no idea. LOL

Are you sure he was expelled? I thought he was just off the team.

Though, I realize that for most college football players, it doesn't make much of a difference.

He'll be alright. He can just lay low for a while, maybe a year, and then get picked-up by another D1 program. He's got plenty of eligibility left and I think people will forgive him and support his "come back" narrative. His actions were the definition of understandable but still unacceptable.

He will be fine moving forward, he will get a second chance @ a D1 school.

And you guys don't get it, I'm not saying he should have punched her in the face, but I'm not gonna jump on the other side and act like he's human filth either. The point I'm trying to make is, at what point is a man allowed to defend himself from a woman? Does he need to be punched 5 times? 10 times? 20 times? Sure he could have walked away, but if that was a man NOBODY would have that expectation and everyone would be fine with him defending himself. But because it's a woman her actions get excused and it's all on him, that to me is bullshit. I don't really care where you stand on it morally, I'm saying under the law she should be treated the same, that's my only point. They both should have picked up battery charges.

100%

Since when is a punch to anyone's face not a threat? I can't bother going any farther than that because that point alone diminishes your entire argument to me. Just go ahead and admit that you're cool with women and men being judged differently under the law. But then realize you're opening up a whole nother can of worms with that too. If the dude was 120 and she was 160, would he then be justified? That's how ridiculous y'all's argument is.

And you don't remember me saying anything defending rice either because the only comment I ever made on that concerned all the outrage from people about her going back to him AND the NFL's hypocritical actions, I never defended him.

I hate this double standard...is basically says that men need to be responsible for their actions and women don't. It's pretty much a society fact...if a man hits a woman then he's a POS but if a woman does the same "she's not hurting him" or some BS like that...even if the cops do get involved MOST of the time nothing is done or the cops still arrest the man in a domestic dispute or violence case.

Wrong.

It's unbelievable that Gators (minus oozie) can't see. Are you all Bull Gators in need of glasses? He inadvertently bumps her as he's placing both hands on the bar (gripping from underneath). As she turns into him, she moves her left arm (and leg as my Nole brother points out) forcing him to let go of the bar. She pushes him backwards with her left arm (it's clearly up under his chin on his chest) then proceeds to throw up her fist simultaneously. It's almost like she was saying, "I'll be damned if you're going to take that spot next to me!!" You honestly can't see that? Take off the orange and blue shades, man.

Oh wow, I didn't see her move her leg. Never mind, she deserved it, and i hope they arrest her.

What and why is everybody still debating and arguing over this for? It's kind of sad and embarrassing for Nole fans at this point that your sticking up for this guy. He's a jerk and so is she. Your just making yourselves look worse. Who cares what she did really? She probably has plenty of issues and so does he.

Nobody should be sticking up for him or her. If your sticking up for him then you have issues that you need to deal with yourself just as nobody should really be sticking up for her either. They should both be punished. Period. Move on and let it go.

What and why is everybody still debating and arguing over this for? It's kind of sad and embarrassing for Nole fans at this point that your sticking up for this guy. He's a jerk and so is she. Your just making yourselves look worse. Who cares what she did really? She probably has plenty of issues and so does he.

Nobody should be sticking up for him or her. If your sticking up for him then you have issues that you need to deal with yourself just as nobody should really be sticking up for her either. They should both be punished. Period. Move on and let it go.

What Nole fans in this thread is "sticking up" for Johnson?? I've said numerous times in this very thread he should have been arrested and thrown off the team. Other Noles have said the same thing. What Noles are sticking up for him?? The issue is fairness and her belligerent behavior was excused.

Reactions: goldmom
I hate this double standard...is basically says that men need to be responsible for their actions and women don't. It's pretty much a society fact...if a man hits a woman then he's a POS but if a woman does the same "she's not hurting him" or some BS like that...even if the cops do get involved MOST of the time nothing is done or the cops still arrest the man in a domestic dispute or violence case.
What ever happened to just avoiding these situations all together? How do you even get yourself in that position? Bad judgement/bad decision making? Seems like the best thing and the smarted thing to do would be to just avoid the situation all together. You make it sound as if he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and just accidentally stumbled into this situation to begin with.

Reactions: goldmom

I don't think anyone is sticking up for him. We're simply stating that DJ isn't some guy who walked into a bar looking to punch women (which is what most on here want to believe). Every single Nole's (and Oozie's) contention is equal treatment for her actions and his and in order to get to her fault, the situation/video needs to be discussed from the onset (apparently).

What Nole fans in this thread is "sticking up" for Johnson?? I've said numerous times in this very thread he should have been arrested and thrown off the team. Other Noles have said the same thing. What Noles are sticking up for him?? The issue is fairness and her belligerent behavior was excused.

How about this? It's pretty sad.

Over 1,000FSU fans have signed a petition to have quarterback Deandre Johnson reinstated.

https://www.change.org/p/florida-st...b-xs-share_petition-reason_msg&fb_ref=Default

How about this? It's pretty sad.

Over 1,000FSU fans have signed a petition to have quarterback Deandre Johnson reinstated.

https://www.change.org/p/florida-st...b-xs-share_petition-reason_msg&fb_ref=Default

Looked up the person that started that petition and it's a brand new Facebook page. That's a shocker! Smh. Probably a fake profile and who knows who is signing those petitions. Can't believe everything you read on the Internet. A sure sign that person is bs is they just created a Facebook page and their first post is a profile picture then the petition crap starts.

Looked up the person that started that petition and it's a brand new Facebook page. That's a shocker! Smh. Probably a fake profile and who knows who is signing those petitions. Can't believe everything you read on the Internet. A sure sign that person is bs is they just created a Facebook page and their first post is a profile picture then the petition crap starts.
Yes I'm sure all 1,100 people that have signed the petition are fake and none of them are Nole fans. You win homer! LOL

Yes I'm sure all 1,100 people that have signed the petition are fake and none of them are Nole fans. You win homer! LOL

I really don't think you understand the Internet. I've worked in IT for 15 years. What you see is not necessarily what reality is.

For the legal stuff, I think Meggs could have charged her with something, but he probably figured that she already got her "punishment" in a sense. Her boorish behavior still doesn't excuse him punching a woman in the face. He was never seriously in danger. Her "punch" was laughable. He punched her out of rage, not fear. I'm not excusing her actions, but you can't just clock a woman in the face like that and expect there to not be repercussions.

I'm sorry, but FSU would be insane to keep him around. I have no patience for yet another lap around the "FSU is harboring violent thugs" swimming pool this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT